ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Vosnos: GH3X FC #65/188 CULT OF PERSONALITY!!! FUCK YES!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vosnos  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Vosnos: GH3X FC #65/188 CULT OF PERSONALITY!!! FUCK YES!!!! Reply with quote

January 23rd-YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! CULT OF PERSONALITY FC!!!!!!!! Oh my fucking god, I cannot believe I FINALLY FCed this song. I can't even explain how I feel right now. Utter shock does not even begin to describe it. Like, this song has been absolutely impossible for me forever. For the past year, I had seen countless CoP FCs in the Accomplishment Forum and I could not understand how people did it. Not only could I never hit Solo!, my attempts at the real solo were embarrassing. Honestly, up until a few days ago, I didn't think I could ever FC this song. Still to this point, I have never hit the Full Solo in practice and can't even remember the last time I FCed Keep Soloing So anyway, I started up practice mode again today and after about 15 minutes just said, fuck it, I'll do some real runs for the lulz. My score was pitiful (333K) so I thought I could at least get a new high score. On my very first run, I hit Solo! but missed in Start Soloing and FCed out. The VERY next run, I FCed the song I was definitely in the zone and the solos were coming much more easily and the next thing I knew I was at the Outro. I kept thinking of my horrific DHB choke and just prayed that I wouldn't miss. Thankfully I didn't and it was fucking awesome So with that said, this FC goes out to The B.O.D. Without his suggestion to bump up the Hyperspeed, I guarantee you I would not have gotten this FC, so thanks a lot man. And not only is it a new FC, it's #65!! I never thought I'd reach this milestone

FC #65/188 Cult of Personality (Dedicated to The B.O.D.)

______________________________________________________________________________________________

January 21st- So I finally FCed the most overdue song ever. Black Magic Woman >_> It took fucking forever and I'm so glad to have it out of the way. The strumming never made sense to me so I really had to practice it today. After about an hour I figured out roughly how fast to strum so I started grinding. Thankfully, I got it within 30 minutes or so To be honest I was actually surprised how quickly I got it after I started playing real runs. Anyway, I find it pretty funny that I got songs like Cowboys from Hell, Seventeen, and The Light That Blinds before a nub song like Black Magic Woman. And Don't Hold Back is gonna be FC #65

GH3X FC #64 Black Magic Woman

______________________________________________________________________________________________

January 16th- HOLY SHIT. I FCED COWBOYS FROM HELL. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT. I'M SO FUCKING HAPPY RIGHT NOW. As a lot you saw, I was trying to FC CfH last night on stream and I kept getting to the ziggy part of the solo and kept missing. I think I had 3 -1 runs in a row. It was getting really late when fudrick told me to strum faster so I tried to get back to the solo with an FC intact but I just couldn't. I stopped streaming and went to sleep a little after. So today, I warmed up a little and remembered that I needed to strum faster. On my 5th run, I got the FC And so, this FC goes out to fudrick. Thanks man Unfortunately I wasn't streaming but yea, it felt fucking incredible. I was definitely in the zone on that run, I almost knew I was gonna get the FC. My fingers were sweatier than they have EVER been before in the Outro though. They were literally slipping up and down the frets on every note. I was so afraid I was gonna miss. Amazingly, I didn't It had been so long since my last GH1 FC, this new one feels great. Either Texas Flood or maybe even GR2R will be next. I'll need a really lucky run for TF and and even luckier one for GR2R lol. Anyway, I'm extremely happy with this FC! And now I get to use one of my favorite banners ever lol.

Cowboys From Hell FC (Dedicated to fudrick):

January 4th II-FREEBIRDDDDD!!!!! FINALLY!! God damn, I feel so good right now, this FC has eluded me for SO long. I was getting tired of Fall of Pangea so I decided to go for this. It's been overdue for so long cause I never have the patience to play the Intro more than 4 or 5 times in a sitting. Anyway, I tried Solo C in practice mode and FCed it almost every time and hit the transition in Solo J every time. I felt pretty ready for real runs and on my second run, got the FC. No chokes, and I didn't even feel too nervous during the run. Unfortunately I royally fucked up SP so I guess I'll go for the Re-FC soon. But yea, pretty awesome FC# 55/185!!

And thanks to my sister for letting me use her super nice camera.

January 4th- FUCK YES. THE LIGHT THAT BLINDS FC. I'm so fucking happy I just FCed this!! Been grinding this song for about 3 days now and got more and more consistent on the Intro strumming so I knew it would only take one lucky run in the solo to get the FC. Amazingly, the first run where I actually got the the solo with my FC still intact, I FCed it. I used a crazy/retarded method for the solo so I had to sacrifice the SP activation there, hence the lower score but whatever, I'm so happy I got the FC. GH2X FC #54 and 184/211!

_______________________________________________________________________________________

HOLY SHIT. HOLY SHIT. HOLY SHIT. HOLY SHIT. HOLY SHIT. HOLY SHIT. HOLY FUCKING SHIT YES. I AM SO FUCKING HAPPY RIGHT NOW WOW. I JUST FCED SEVENTEEN AND GOT 175/211 FCs.

December 19th II- I can't believe I just FCed Seventeen. Really cannot believe it. I'm still shaking and the stats screen is still on my TV. I knew I could FC every section somewhat consistently but putting it together in a run was nearly impossible. I started on this last night and FCed Solo 1C twice in real runs but messed up right after both times due to nerves. So this morning I was pretty determined to fight for it and so I took Solo 1C into practice and figured out exactly how many times to strum between the HOPOs and tried to build up consistency. I went back to real runs but had no luck, I was doing worse than before. I almost decided to stop playing but just kept going cause I didn't really have anything else to do (currently snowed in with 1+ feet of snow coming down). So completely out of the blue, I start nailing 1C EVERY RUN. But on every run I would always miss in Solo 2 so I got pretty frustrated. On about the 6th or 7th consecutive run past 1C I paused, wiped and dried my hands, cracked my knuckles, and cooled my nerves and went into the 2nd solo. I nailed it and prayed that I wouldn't miss in the Outro like I've done many times before. Unbelievably I hit it and went batshit crazy. I really wanted to have a good respectable FC as #175 and I did it Now onto the 8 or 9 easy songs left .

FC #175: Seventeen

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

August 24th-So the time has finally come. It's been a great summer but in a matter of days, I'll be heading off to college at the University of Maryland. In a way I don't want to leave, I've been pretty happy hanging out with friends, enjoying the summer, and sharing my GH exploits with all of you guys here. But I know it's time to move on to another stage of my life and unfortunately, Guitar Hero may not join me. I've made so much progress this summer and have made a lot of great forum friends who never fail to give me their continuous support and encouragement and for that, I am extremely grateful. It's going to be hard to let go, but I still plan on visiting the forums on a regular basis and
posting a little bit here and there. I will be taking my PS2 to college (along with GH1 and 80s) so I may still even play a little bit for fun provided I'm not too busy with schoolwork and other things. But don't expect a bump in my Acc Thread for a long, long time. I'm going to miss the competition, motivation, assistance, and friendship Scorehero has given me, so I hope to fully rejoin the community next summer. With that being said, here are a few thank yous:

snowyporpoise: You're a great guy and a great GH player and for a long while now, you've given me so much encouragement and I think you've made a big difference in the progress I've made this summer. Thanks man and best of luck tearing up GH1-3. I'm sure you'll reach and exceed your goal of 175. And I know I'll have a TON of catching up to do when I get back to playing haha.

Erlend92: Much like snowy, you're a phenomenal player, especially at GH3. 68 FCs is an amazing accomplishment and I know you'll have similar success in every other game. You've also given me lots of motivation and have helped me with sections that have given me trouble and so for that, I am very thankful. Good luck reaching 175 FCs, I know you'll get there soon!

Thirdkoopa: You are a genuinely really nice guy and your kind words and encouragement have meant a lot to me. I remember getting to know each other through the banner thread and it's great that it's spawned into other areas of the site. You were especially vocal (see what I did there?) during my GH1 "conquest" and I'm really glad you could relate my accomplishments on a more detailed level. Good luck with your vox goals as well as FGFCing GHWT (and many other games)! And keep making your kickass banners

GenericName: Thank you for all the support as of late. Just like Thirdkoopa, I could always count on you for motivation and it was always really nice to know that people were interested in my accomplishments and progress. I remember first commenting on your Black Sunshine FC and how it motivated me to finally FC it. I really hope you get a working guitar to play GH1 with, I think you could do some great things with that game. Good luck and thanks again!

eyewin8: Although we just kinda got to know each other, thanks a bunch for the support as of late. We're right around the same skill level and it would've been great to play with each other or start up a rivalry if I didn't have to take a break due to school. I think it's awesome that you're such a long time member and I hope you stay on the site for years to come. And don't delete me from your friends list, we can still play when I come back! (You'll probably kick my ass though haha) Thanks again and good luck!

fudrick: Thanks a lot for all the GH1 encouragement man. To have someone as good as you take note of and even offer help to me meant a lot and motivated me to be the best I could be at GH1. You're an insane player (both GH and RB-wise) and I wish you nothing but the best. Good luck with GH1 and everything else

9001: One of the first people to regularly comment in my thread. Just like everyone else, thanks for the motivation. You're a funny guy and I appreciate all the kind words over the past few months. If I didn't have college starting up, I would've definitely signed up for Survivor Season 2. Hopefully this summer a new season will start up and I'll definitely be a part of it. Good luck in all your goals and to another successful season of Survivor!

To all those I couldn't address personally, I'm sorry, but all you guys certainly helped me get to where I am today and I wanna say thanks again. I know this whole goodbye post was pretty long and grandiose but I just don't know when I'll be back in full swing and I didn't want to go without thanking you guys.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

August 15th- OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. HOLY FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK TITS OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK IM GOING CRAZY HOLY SHIT I JUST FCED FRANKENSTEIN.

Oh my god. I am still shaking and still in utter disbelief. How in the hell did I do this? My voice is sore from all the screaming and I still haven't cleared the newpaper screen. Just 2 days ago I FCed the song outside of the trill and thought that was the best I could do. Then yesterday, instead of HOPOing the trills I decided to try my hand at strumming them. Amazingly it worked so much better. So today, I thought hey, I might as well go for it. On my 5th or 6th run I hit the trills and my heart started beating out of my chest. I paused during the break and tried to calm myself but it was no use. Amazingly I hit the solo and all that was left was the tricky orange strumming. I paused again and really tried to calm down. At this point my heart was audibly beating and I was so nervous there was no use trying to slow it down. So I just kept telling myself how to strum the Oranges (1 orange, 7 groups of 4, end on a green downstrum) MIRACULOUSLY, I hit it and just went absolutely crazy. This is now my best GH1, and maybe full series, FC. I feel so fucking good right now its ridiculous.

FC #15: Frankenstein (22nd Place)

August 10th-Am I dreaming? Did this just happen? Did I actually just Sightread FC You've Got Another Thing Comin'? I can't fucking believe this, this song is 41 on the Master FC Breakdown. The last time I played GH1 I sucked balls and now, using the Hyperspeed paper trick, my scores have skyrocketed and I just got one crazy FC. I'm pretty speechless right now and I don't even know if this has ever been done. Honestly, I had never seen this chart before and had never listened to this song so it was a sightread in the truest sense of the word. I don't know how I did this but I'm still in shock as you can probably tell.

You Got Another Thing Comin' FC

_________________________________________________________________________________________

PAST ACCOMPLISHMENTS

No One Like You FC (12/20/2009)
Caught In A Mosh FC (12/19/2009)
Holiday In Cambodia FC (12/6/2009)
FCPREMIX FC (12/5/2009)
Nothing For Me Here FC (12/5/2009)
Them Bones FC (11/25/2009)
You Really Got Me FC (11/25/2009)
Sweet Child 'O Mine FC (11/24/2009)
Bad Reputation FC (11/23/2009)
Arterial Black FC (11/15/2009)
GH1X 40 FCs (8/20/2009)
Fly On The Wall FC (8/18/2009)
Symphony of Destruction FC (8/17/2009)
Spanish Castle Magic FC (8/16/2009)
Frankenstein FC (8/15/2009)
All of This FC (8/14/2009)
Cheat On The Church FC (8/13/2009)
Crossroads FC (8/12/2009)
Godzilla FC (8/11/2009)
You Got Another Thing Comin' Sightread FC (8/10/2009)
Misirlou 349K (7/29/2009)
Psychobilly Freakout FC (7/29/2009)
Down 'N Dirty FC/GH3X FC #60 (7/27/2009)
Black Sunshine FC (7/26/2009)
Radar Love FC (7/21/2009)
I Wanna Rock FC (7/20/2009)
Ain't Nothin' But A Good Time FC (7/20/2009)
GH80sX FC #1: Round and Round (7/19/2009)
Carry Me Home FC (7/16/2009)
Mother FC (7/12/2009)
War Pigs FC/50 FCs/Top 200 Global (6/28/2009)
YYZ FC (6/25/09)
Rock You Like A Hurricane FC (5/16/2009)
Cliffs of Dover Re-FC(5/16/2009)
Cliffs of Dover FC(5/14/2009)
Knights of Cydonia FC(5/14/2009)
Take This Life FC (1/2/2009)
Number of the Beast FC (1/1/2009)
TTFAF 5* (12/4/2008)
______________________________________________________________________________________

MY BANNERS (aka my homemade banner collection)

GH1:

GH2:

GH80s:

GH3:

GHWT:

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Guitar Hero III: Xbox 360

FCs

Current Count (Excluding DLC): 65

Newest: Cult of Personality

Slow Ride
Talk Dirty To Me
Story of My Life
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Mississippi Queen
School's Out
Sunshine of Your Love
Bulls On Parade
Barracuda
When You Were Young
Miss Murder
Lay Down
Paint It Black
Paranoid
Anarchy In The UK
My Name Is Jonas
Cherub Rock
Before I Forget
3s and 7s
Sabotage
Reptilia
Avalancha
Closer
Generation Rock
Metal Heavy Lady
Minus Celsius
Prayer of The Refugee
Ruby
Radio Song
She Bangs The Drums
The Metal
Can't Be Saved
In The Belly Of A Shark
Rock And Roll All Nite
Hier Kommt Alex
Stricken
Even Flow
Helicopter
La Grange
Same Old Song and Dance
Cities on Flame With Rock and Roll
I'm In the Band
In Love
Mauvais Garcon
Monsters
Welcome to the Jungle
Go That Far
Pride and Joy
Suck My Kiss
The Seeker
Kool Thing
Impulse
Number of the Beast
Take This Life
My Curse
Cliffs of Dover
Knights of Cydonia
Rock You Like A Hurricane
Black Sunshine
Down 'N Dirty
Nothing For Me Here
FCPREMIX
Holiday In Cambodia
Black Magic Woman
Cult of Personality

Other Good Stuff

65 XFCs (1/23/2010)
24 Million Career Score (12/5/2009)
14 Million Setlist Score (Summer '09)
We Three Kings 321K
TTFAF 5-Star+600K (12/3/08)
TTFAF Pass!! (6/27/08)
DWDTG Pass (6/27/08)
DWDTG 5* (9/24/08)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guitar Hero II: Xbox 360

FCs

Current Count: 55 (Second half is pretty much in order)

Newest: Freebird

Cherry Pie
Heart Shaped Box
Surrender
Monkey Wrench
Soy Bomb
Mr. Fix It
Message In A Bottle
Parasite
Radium Eyes
Possum Kingdom (1)
Salvation (2)
Strutter
Red Lottery
Shout At The Devil
Dead! (3)
Billion Dollar Babies (4)
Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo (5)
Laughtrack
Who Was In My Room Last Night
Hush (6)
Elephant Bones
Yes We Can
Jessica
Last Child
X-Stream
Trippin' A Hole In A Paper Heart
John the Fisherman
Girlfriend
Laid to Rest
Woman
Push Push (Lady Lightning)
Search and Destroy
Carry On Wayward Son
The New Black
Less Talk More Rokk
Collide
Killing In the Name
Raw Dog
Stop
Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight
Tattooed Love Boys
Life Wasted (7)
One for the Road
Madhouse
Rock This Town
YYZ
Thunderhorse
Drink Up (8)
War Pigs
FTK
Mother
Freya
Crazy On You
Carry Me Home
Psychobilly Freakout
Arterial Black
Bad Reputation
Sweet Child 'O Mine
You Really Got Me
Them Bones
The Light That Blinds
Freebird

Other Good Stuff

Tiers 1-7 FCed (11/25/09)
Jordan Pass! (7/7/08)
Jordan 5*!!! (7/8/08)
Six 5* (7/8/08)
Freebird 555K (7/8/08)
Log Acquired (7/14/08)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s

FCs

Current Count (In Some Order): 26

Newest: Police Truck

Round and Round
Turning Japanese
Holy Diver
I Wanna Rock
Ain't Nothin' But A Good Time
Radar Love
(Bang Your Head) Metal Health
We Got the Beat
Shakin'
Heat of the Moment
Hold On Loosely
The Warrior
I Ran (So Far Away)
Balls to the Wall
18 and Life
Caught In A Mosh
Seventeen
No One Like You
What I Like About You
Synchronicity II
Only A Lad
Lonely Is The Night
Bathroom Wall
Los Angeles
Wrathchild
Police Truck

Guitar Hero 1

FCs

Current Count (In Order): 42

Newest: Cowboys From Hell

I Love Rock and Roll
You Got Another Thing Comin'
More Than A Feeling
Sharp Dressed Man
Godzilla
Crossroads
Cheat on the Church
Take Me Out
Take It Off
Guitar Hero
Iron Man
The Breaking Wheel
Ziggy Stardust
All of This
Frankenstein
Spanish Castle Magic
Killer Queen
Symphony of Destruction
Fly on the Wall
Ace of Spades
Thunder Kiss 65
I Wanna Be Sedated
Smoke On The Water
Infected
Hey You
Stellar
Heart Full of Black
Fat Lip
Cochise
Unsung
No One Knows
Higher Ground
Caveman Rejoice
Eureka, I've Found Love
Behind The Mask
Callout
Even Rats
Farewell Myth
Sail Your Ship By
Story of My Love
Hey
Cowboys From Hell

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GH1 Scores
GH2 Scores
GH80s Scores
GH3 Scores
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VISIT MY ACC. THREAD! | MY BANNERS | I LIKE SHOES

Last edited by vosnos on Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:24 pm; edited 195 times in total
GHAddict  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's pretty great.

How long have you been playing?

[Customs] - Click here if you like awesomeness

Goal: FC 75% of ALL on-disc Guitar Hero songs (Band Hero doesn't count) - (430 / 575)
Current: 368 / 575 - (64%)
NovaXD  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great jaerb, 34 FCs! I don't even have She Bangs The Drums yet, nice going.

You have some good, uh, structure in this thread too.
Absoltastic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME job! 3s and 7s has pretty tough riffs. How many tries did that one take?

(also missing the easy parts
on numerous OMB banners)
vosnos  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHAddict wrote:

Thanks!-Despite having created this account about 2 weeks ago, I've known about SH for awhile and have been playing GH since about last November. (Started with GH2 back then w/ minimal knowledge of Paths, Techniques, HOPOs, Hyperspeed, etc and got serious with GH3 around Xmas and have been playing a lot since then)

Oh yea, and I just bought another copy of GH2 a weeks ago cause my other one doesnt work anymore
Absoltastic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vosnos wrote:
GHAddict wrote:

Thanks!-Despite having created this account about 2 weeks ago, I've known about SH for awhile and have been playing GH since about last November. (Started with GH2 back then w/ minimal knowledge of Paths, Techniques, HOPOs, Hyperspeed, etc and got serious with GH3 around Xmas and have been playing a lot since then)

Oh yea, and I just bought another copy of GH2 a weeks ago cause my other one doesnt work anymore

WOW... you've made great progress since then. I started in October, and I still don't have as many FCs as you.

(also missing the easy parts
on numerous OMB banners)
vosnos  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NovaXD wrote:
Great jaerb, 34 FCs! I don't even have She Bangs The Drums yet, nice going.

You have some good, uh, structure in this thread too.

Haha thanks-yeah She Bangs the Drums is a bitch

It's really not that hard but I choked soo many times before finally getting the FC

Good luck with it though, you'll def get it soon
vosnos  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absoltastic wrote:
WOW... you've made great progress since then. I started in October, and I still don't have as many FCs as you.

First off, thanks-And as long as youre making consistent progress, the FCs will come dont worry

As for 3s and 7s I dont remember how many tries, but the main riff just came naturally to me so pretty much all I had to work on was the ending solo and from there I'd say I got the FC like 4 or 5 months after getting the game.

And btw your username is awesome
vosnos  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for 3 new FCs
vosnos  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for 6 very modest FCs in one day w/good scores
vosnos  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for Strutter FC
vosnos  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote