ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
tournament set up help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdietschrun  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: tournament set up help Reply with quote

Im having a guitar hero tournament at my dorm in a few weeks and wanted to know the best way to have one.

It's going to be about 2 hours of time we can have the tournament in.

I wanted to know about:

Song choice
Tournament style
Difficulty choice
Scoring/advancement
Star power rules

For song choice I was thinking:

Tier #s in one hat, song #s in the other, each player picks one.

Tournament I was thinking double elimination.

Difficulty I was thinking Expert on Pro face off, or whichever one lets you play full song both players.

Scoring I am not sure, I was thinking no star power, highest point total moves on.

Any thoughts?
nipps  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need star power. that makes or breaks the game. especially in a tournament setting.
the number of people depends onhow the tournament will run. if its in your dorm, there cant be many people. it there is less then 10, double elim would be fine. or even seperate them into two groups and do a round robin for each. then have the bes tplayer from each group play as a grand finals.

song selection is a tougher call for your tourny. i think the number system will work and be fair.
proface off is the best way to run a tourny. it clearly defines a winner which makes running the torunament easier.
the main point of running a tournament is to make sure everyone is having fun. thats the important part.
good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: