ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Ozzy Osbourne to Headline Virtual Ozzfest Lineup in GH:WT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Ozzy Osbourne to Headline Virtual Ozzfest Lineup in GH:WT Reply with quote

OZZFest Artists Metallica, System of a Down and Black Label Society -
Featuring Zakk Wylde’s Likeness - Coming to Guitar Hero World Tour

SANTA MONICA, CA – August 8, 2008 – After performing in countless sold-out arenas and amphitheatres throughout the world, rock’s defining frontman Ozzy Osbourne – who has sold over 100 million records worldwide in his four decade career – will be playing to a new audience this fall as he makes his videogame debut in Activision Publishing, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Guitar Hero® World Tour.

Budding rockstars around the world will have the opportunity to live out their ultimate fantasy on the virtual OZZFest stage, playing as Ozzy, or alongside him, as he wails to iconic rock track “Crazy Train” and “Mr. Crowley,” both from his quintuple platinum debut solo album Blizzard of Ozz. OZZFest, now it its 13th year, has also been created digitally as an in-game venue exclusively for Guitar Hero World Tour to host the heavy metal rock legend.

Joining Ozzy in Guitar Hero World Tour as a playable character is his lead axe-shredder and founder of Black Label Society, Zakk Wylde, performing their hit track “Stillborn.” In addition to Metallica releasing their highly anticipated Death Magnetic album in its entirety as downloadable content in both Guitar Hero® III: Legends of Rock and Guitar Hero World Tour, the 2008 OZZFest performers and GRAMMY® winning recording artists will be appearing for their on-disc encore with “Trapped Under Ice.” Finally, taking the Guitar Hero® stage for the first time is fellow OZZFest artist, System of a Down with their 2006 GRAMMY® for Best Hard Rock Performance winning single “B.Y.O.B.”

When the house lights go down this fall, a new generation of guitarists, drummers and fearless frontmen will come together and rock with Guitar Hero World Tour. The latest installment in the #1 best-selling video game franchise of 2007, Guitar Hero World Tour transforms music gaming by expanding Guitar Hero’s signature guitar gameplay into a cooperative band experience that combines the most advanced wireless instruments with new revolutionary online* and offline gameplay modes including Band Career and 8-player “Battle of the Bands,” which allows two full bands to compete head-to-head online for the first time ever. The game features a slick newly redesigned guitar controller, drum kit controller and a microphone, as well as an innovative Music Studio music creator that lets players compose, record, edit and share their own rock ‘n’ roll anthems. Music creators will also be able to share their recordings with their friends online through GHTunes(SM) where other gamers can download and play an endless supply of unique creations.

Guitar Hero World Tour is being developed by Neversoft Entertainment for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. The Wii™ version is being developed by Vicarious Visions. The PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system version is being developed by Budcat. The game is rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB. For more information on Guitar Hero World Tour, please visit www.guitarhero.com.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.

Activision Publishing maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, the Netherlands, Australia, Japan and South Korea. More information about Activision Publishing and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com.

-

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing’s expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Activision Publishing generally uses words such as “outlook”, “will,” “could,” “would,” “might,” “remains,” “to be,” “plans,” “believes”, “may”, “expects,” “intends,” “anticipates,” “estimate,” future,” “plan,” “positioned,” “potential,” “project,” “remain,” “scheduled,” “set to,” “subject to,” “upcoming” and similar expressions to help identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing’s actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales of Activision Publishing’s titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Activision Publishing’s ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms (including next-generation hardware), declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Activision Publishing’s products, adoption rate and availability of new hardware and related software, industry competition, rapid changes in technology and industry standards, protection of proprietary rights, litigation against Activision Publishing, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, vendors and third-party developers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates, integration of recent acquisitions and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities, Activision Blizzard’s success in integrating the operations of Activision Publishing and Vivendi Games in a timely manner, or at all, and the combined company’s ability to realize the anticipated benefits and synergies of the transaction to the extent, or in the timeframe, anticipated. Other such factors include additional risk factors identified in Activision Blizzard’s most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.

# # #

*Online gameplay is only available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™ and may require an additional subscription.

© 2008 Activision Publishing, Inc. Guitar Hero, Activision and RedOctane are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.

“PlayStation”, “PLAYSTATION” and “PS” Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Used with Permission. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Wii and the Wii logo are trademarks of Nintendo.

Last edited by JCirri on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
flyingrossie  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg this is the best announcement yet for world tour! Totally awesome!
saxuallyAPeasing  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy Train and Mr. Crowley are epic win, yet another reason to buy the game. Somehow I just knew the SoaD song they were gonna pick was gonna be BYOB. Even though that's in Rock Band it'll still be cool that GH gets it too. Can't wait for the full setlist.

1. Toxicity - System of a Down (now impossible?)
2. Paradise Lost - Symphony X
3. Octavarium - Dream Theater
4. Train of Thought - Dream Theater
5. You Could Have It So Much Better - Franz Ferdinand
ghooter22  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.O...i think i just shat myself...
alicommagali  

trapped under ice...?

Shoulda picked creeping death, or ktulu

If they were going for B-side Metalllica
ppete20  

Soo Epic!
Beedlebub  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an interesting announcement, but it's not going to make the game a must buy (that's the song creator). It's good that they're getting a lot of songs from famous bands, but I would much rather have less known songs, like in GH2. Eh, I don't really see myself using Ozzfest or Ozzy a huge lot.

God damnit.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RudiganRex PSN Name: Beedlebub-
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot wait to play Crazy Train. GH:WT is getting better every day.

Here's a link to a short little interview with Ozzy and him getting motion captured for those interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1LoJk7pm3s
muna  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO US NEVERSOFT!!!'

If I could make my own setlist for the game, I don't think I would change anything about it. This is turning out out be perfect. I am still waiting for the TTFAF of GH:WT though.

Last edited by muna on Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
jett93  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg i cant believe they picked trapped under ice!
that song is epic and has some amazing guitar shredding
im REALLY glad that they didnt pick some crap song like nothing else matters

add my on myspace,
myspace.com/gradythomas
solidsnake831  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though this is awesome news i still think that the jimi hendrix announcement is bigger, you get to battle jimi hendrix!!!!! apparently, along with the songs The Wind Cries Mary, and Purple Haze
Beat Rock the 80s Expert
Beat Guitar Hero I
Obtain Log for GHII
Obtain 80s Log
Beat Guitar Hero III
stumper93  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH MY GOD finally an awesome announcement!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks JCirri!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy Train, Ozzy, Zakk, and Ozzfest! Best announcement since Hendrix being in the game.

Average expert guiatarist/Real guitarist, decent medium drummer.

Last edited by danielcfg on Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: danielcfg
Syphon  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe you're all overlooking B.Y.O.B.

Such an awesome GH song.
AdrenalNBoardR  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HO...LY...SHIT...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: