ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Caveman Rejoice
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so. I have a tendency to get a lot of hold points, as does random. Keep in mind there's a mid-hold activation, that could easily be the source of the 16 point difference. I tend to have good timing on hold activations.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got that blue note during a FC run...and it did get me 200 more points. I also squeezed out a few more hold points. On my best run, I had 8 more hold points than my current score, but I screwed up a chord at the end, so there's at least a few more out there.
brooksycc7  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JC, I just realized that you were the one that put my back into 9th....damn you, hehe
Tyler  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, this is mostly for b3n or random but feedback from anyone would be appreciated:
my question is what's the best you guys can get after the solo (during the long break after the SP hold)??

so far i haven't done better than 175,828. but on my current (3rd place) best run i only had 175,5xx (can't remember last two digits), and even on that run i think i missed both the blue and green note at the beginning of the 2nd last activation (at least the blue one for sure).
emptyset  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had 175,840 and I missed some hold points under SP in the solo, I believe. That run ended up beating yours by 4 hold ticks, but I KNOW I didn't get the first chord after the RYORYORYBRYBRYBY phrase under SP, so that would have had me closer to random's score. So, yeah, your previous run was definitely capable of a higher score, since I had practically optimal SP with that strategy (before the break after the SP hold you're talking about).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the highest I can confirm is 175,840 now as well. Just went ahead on a run with 175,836 but I missed 4 hold points before that that i usually get. run ended up 36 ticks short of b3n's. still have yet to go balls out and try for that blue squeeze in the 2nd last activation.
random  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler wrote:
okay, this is mostly for b3n or random but feedback from anyone would be appreciated:
my question is what's the best you guys can get after the solo (during the long break after the SP hold)??

I can't remember now, sorry. I was keeping track of that at the time, and I do know that on my high score, I got 8 less hold pts before the break than my best.

I found it's easy to miss hold pts without realizing it when one hold goes all the way to the next note, which happens several times in this song. You really have to hit the next note late it seems. I went as far as videotaping my runs to make sure I wasn't missing any easy pts like that. Or sometimes I could tell by keeping an eye on the lower digits of my score...

Good luck!
DragonAsmodeus  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got 175,848 after the solo. I dunno where those eight points came from, but they are there somewhere.

Edit:

I just got 175,856 after the solo.

I know the picture is pretty bad, but you can tell the second digit is a 5. So I guess the optimal right now should be 175,860, although I bet there are a couple more points still left.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: