ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Ultimate Bonus Songs Guide (Updated Frequently)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: The Ultimate Bonus Songs Guide (Updated Frequently) Reply with quote

This guide is constantly being updated! Check back periodically!

I. Introduction

I noticed that a lot of the bonus songs (besides the obvious ones) aren't mentioned a lot around ScoreHero, even if they are fairly difficult. So, I decided to make a guide based solely on the bonus songs. This guide covers both Guitar Hero II and III, so if you need help with a bonus song from either game, you're covered (sorry Guitar Hero I players).

Also, this will not be one of those guides that is never updated. I will update this fairly frequently, you can be assured of that. If there is a specific song you want done that hasn't already been done, request it!

DISCLAIMER: This guide only contains tips for the expert difficulty. I may add other difficulties later, but for now, this will only contain expert.

This guide was started on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 and finished on...

II. Table Of Contents

..How To Use This Guide

.....How To Use - [Link]
.....Fingering Guide/Terms - [Link]

..Guitar Hero II

.....Raw Dog - [Link]
.....Arterial Black - [Link]
.....Collide - [Link]
.....Drink Up - [Link]
.....Elephant Bones - [Link]
.....Fall Of Pangea - [Link]
.....FTK - [Link]
.....Gemini - [Link]
.....Kicked To The Curb - [Link]
.....Laughtrack - [Link]
.....Push Push (Lady Lightning) - [Link]
.....Less Talk More Rokk - [Link]
.....Jordan - [Link]
.....Mr. Fix It - [Link]
.....The New Black - [Link]
.....One For The Road - [Link]
.....Parasite - [Link]
.....Radium Eyes - [Link]
.....Red Lottery - [Link]
.....Six - [Link]
.....Soy Bomb - [Link]
.....The Light That Blinds - [Link]
.....Thunderhorse - [Link]
.....Trogdor - [Link]
.....X-Stream - [Link]
.....Yes We Can - [Link]

..Guitar Hero III

.....Avalancha - [Link]
.....In The Belly Of A Shark - [Link]
.....Can't Be Saved - [Link]
.....Closer - [Link]
.....Don't Hold Back - [Link]
.....Down N' Dirty
.....F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X.
.....Generation Rock - [Link]
.....Go That Far
.....Hier Hommt Alex
.....I'm In The Band
.....Impulse
.....In Love - [Link]
.....Mauvais Garcon
.....Metal Heavy Lady - [Link]
.....Minus Celsius - [Link]
.....My Curse
.....Nothing For Me Here - [Link]
.....Prayer Of The Refugee - [Link]
.....Radio Song - [Link]
.....Ruby
.....She Bangs The Drums
.....Take This Life - [Link]
.....The Way It Ends
.....Through The Fire And Flames

.. Difficulty Charts

.....Guitar Hero II - [Link]
.....Guitar Hero III - [Link]

..Conclusion

.....Thanks - [Link]
.....Version History - [Link]
.....End Note - [Link]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

..How To Use This Guide

....How To Use

You might be wondering what some of the stuff in this guide means. You might not. But whether or not you are, this section is about that. If you don't think you need the advice, skip this part.

The structure for the individual song guide goes like this:

........Song Title <--- The song title appears at the top, bolded and underlined.
....Pass Difficulty <--- Under the song title appears the song difficulty to pass. This is ranked out of 10.
.... Difficulty: <--- The same as above, but for the difficulty of getting 5-stars on, not passing.
....FC Difficulty: Again, the same as above, but for FC Difficulty, not 5-star or passing difficulty. This too is ranked out of ten.
....Note Chart: <--- A link to the songs note chart.
....Star Power: <--- A link to the songs star power discussion thread.
....Difficult Sections: <--- The title is kind of misleading. These aren't always just the difficult sections. They are parts of the song that I think people might need help with. They could be the main riff, or the solo, or whatever.
....Song Comments: <--- Any additional comments on the song.
....Other Helpful Guides: <--- If there are any other helpful guides on the song, they are linked to here.

....Fingering Guide/Terms

1 = Index
2 = Middle
3 = Ring
4 = Pinky
1st Position= 1 on , 2 on , 3 on , 4 on
2nd Position= 1 on , 2 on , 3 on , 4 on
3rd Position= 1 on , 2 on , 3 on

Now, on to the guide...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

..Guitar Hero II

........Raw Dog
....Pass Difficulty: 4/10
.... Difficulty: 6/10
....FC Difficulty: 7/10
....Note Chart: [here]
....Star Power:[here]
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 2-3, 96, 115-118
............2-3: Start in first position. This song starts pretty fast with a quick count in, so be prepared. Use 1-3 fingering for the chords, and for the three-fret BYR sweeps, use 3-2-1 fingering. 96: BOBY. Use 2321 fingering here. 115-118: Strum all the notes in measure 115 & 116. For the trills in measure 117, strum the first note of each respective trill and hammer the other notes on. The same goes for the trill in measure 118.
....Song Comments: This song ranks somewhere in the middle for difficulty. The solo can be a pain to hit, but if you practice enough at it, it will become less trouble. Some people have trouble with the chords in this song. The solution is practice.
....Other Helpful Guides: None.

........Arterial Black
....Pass Difficulty: 7/10
.... Difficulty: 7/10
....FC Difficulty: 9/10
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 3-6, 58, 79-82, 83-84, 85-86, 89-90, 93-94, 95-102, 120
............3-6: Alternate strumming. Use 1-3 fingering for the GY chord, and then slide your hand (in the same position [103]) up to hit the YO chord. Then slide, it down again for the RB. You can also try 1-3, 2-4, 1-3 fingering- or 1-3, 2-4, 2-4. Another method is to use 1-2 fingering on the G-Y chord,s so then you can just keep the yellow anchored down and use 2-4 fingering on the Y-O chords. 100%ing this section will greatly help you towards a five-star, and this shows up twice during this song. 58: A blue note followed by some RY trills. Use 1-2 fingering on the trills- in fact, the hardest part about these trills is transitioning from the Y note, which ends the trills, to the RB chord which starts the next measure. Hitting the chord is more important, however, as it is part of a star power phrase. 79-82: Woah! This looks hard at first (don't get me wrong- it is) but once you learn how to hit it, it becomes not as hard. There are really two main ways of hitting this- tapping, or one-handed. For the tapping, use 1-2 of your left hand on the GR trills, and tap with your index finger for all the yellow, blue, and orange notes that appear after. All this really is is a string of red notes with other notes in between them 83-84: Okay, this can be done one-hnaded, but can also be tapped I suppose. They are sweeps going like this: O-Y-R-Y-Y-B-R. Use 4-2-1-2-3-2-1 fingering. 85-86: Essentially G-R notes followed by two higher notes. Remember that you can hammer-on the first note of each double note. That is, if you want too. Some people find it easier to simply strum both the notes. For the orange and blue notes, I use my pinky, and for the yellow notes, I use my ring finger. 89-90: A Y-B-Y-R-G sweep, followed by a yellow hold note, two yellow notes, an R-Y-R-G-R-G (hold) pattern, then R-Y-R-G-R-O (hold). For the final orange note, bring your pinky up to orange (yes, you can hammer it on). 93-94: A yellow hold note and a blue hold note start this off. Then some more alternate strumming! This isn't too hard; plus, it's a star power phrase, so it is fairly important to hit. I find it simpler to not use the orange hammer-on (the first note of the string of oranges can be hammered on), and simply strum through, but whatever works best for you is good. 95-102 R-Y-B-O-Y-B-R sweeps, followed by Y hold notes. These are fairly difficult. The first yellow hold of each sweep can hammered on, but then the next one must be strummed. You can slide your index finger for the yellows if you want, or you can use your middle finger on them. The end of measure 102 has some fast triplets that are fairly hard to hit. Hammer them all on (beside the first O note), and use your first three fingers for them, or you can incorporate your pinky to hit the orange and blue notes. 120: This is fairly fast and also pretty hard to hit. It's also something that some people mess up on, preventing them from a 100% of this song. It goes: BO, BO, YB, YB, RY, RY, R, GY. Use your pinky and ring fingers for the BO chords, ring and middle fingers for the YB chords, etc. Unless you are a very fast downstrummer, you have to alternate strum this. So, be careful. And that's Arterial Black.
....Song Comments: This song is a pretty hard FC, and is one of the more difficult bonus songs in Guitar Hero II. The solos are fairly hard to 100%, but once you get the hang of it, they aren't that bad. Plus, you can impress your friends if you can hit them.
....Other Helpful Guides: How to play - Guides by Jowhannez

........Collide
....Pass Difficulty: 3/10
.... Difficulty: 3/10
....FC Difficulty: 3/10
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 8-10, 16, 57-59, 60-61, 84-89
............8-10: You should start this song off in first position. For the G to RY change, have your index finger on the G note, and use 2-3 fingering for the chord. You can also use 12 fingering for the chord, if you want to slide your index finger up. 16: RY, RY, GY, RY, GY, YO is how this part goes. I use 2-3 fingering for the RY chords, 1-3 for the GY chords, and then I slide my hand up and use 1-3 fingering for YO chord as well. You can also try using 2-4 fingering for the YO chord. 57-59: Trills. These aren't very hard- just strum the first note and pull-off/hammer on the next two. They are YRY trills, with occassional notes sprinkled in between (see the note chart for more information). I use 3-2-3 fingering for the trills. 60-61: Measure 60 has a fairly difficult pull-off sequence. It goes: B-Y-R-B-Y-B-Y-R-G-Y. Keep your pinky on the B note and use your correspodning fingers for the rest. That entire section is hammer-on-able (I just invented a new word!) For measure 61, There is a quick O-O-BO-O-O-R-O-O part. The R and the second-to-last O are both ho/po-able, but some people find it easier to strum both the last O notes. There is then a BO chord, a B note, an O note, and another BO chord, which is a star power phrase. The fingering is pretty obvious here, and since it's a star power phrase, it's fiarly important to get.
....Song Comments: Not a very hard song to pass/5-star/100%. This song isn't very memorable... however, it is a pretty good song, it's just overshadowed by a lot of the other songs in the game.

........Elephant Bones
....Pass Difficulty: 2/10
.... Difficulty: 2/10
....FC Difficulty: 4/10
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 4, 73-75, 85, 127-132
............4: Alternate strumming. This is basic alternate strumming, with 4 O notes, B notes, Y notes, and 3 R notes. The first note of each section (besides the O) is hammer-on available. I wouldn't recommend that though, I find it much simpler to simply strum through. It isn't that hard to transition from the R note to the RBO chord, just put your 3rd and 4th finger down on the B and O buttons after the R note. 73-75: This isn't extremely hard, but some people might have trouble with this. You can just strum through, which is probably easier, or you can hammer-on the B notes. There are some hammer-ons towards the end that you should hammer-on. 85: B, B, Y-R-G. You can hammer on the R and G notes, which you should. Have your pinky on the B note and strum all the notes except the R and G notes. Use 321 fingering for the YRG. 127-132: For this, strum all the notes. The fingering should be fairly obvious here, so I don't think I need to write it out.
....Song Comments: Weird choice of song for Guitar Hero II. When I i first heard this song, I was like "Wth?" But then it grew on me. It's not a very hard 100%, you just have to master the alternate strumming.

........Drink Up
....Pass Difficulty: 5/10
.... Difficulty: 4/10
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 3-4, 47-48, 57-58, 63-65, 67-68, 71-72
............ 3-4: This main riff is somewhat awkward to play. I start in first position and slide my pinky up for the orange fret. I also use the hammer-ons; the B-Y-R-O notes of measure 3 can be hammered on, and the R-G-Y-R notes of measure 4 can be as well. 47-48: I use the following fingering for the chorus (this section): 1-1-2-3-4-4, 1-2-4-4, 1-2-4-4-2. I also utilize the hammer-ons, but it's not completely necessary here, you can strum through if you want. 57-58: Some Y-B trills for your enjoyment. Use 2-3 fingering on these, but if you want you can slide your index finger up and use 1-2 fingering as well. Measure 58 has a O-B-Y-Y-R-G run. The first O note and second Y note must be strummed, however, everything else is hammer-on-able. I suggest you use these hammer-ons. 63-65: Another run. The first Y-B-Y is hammer-on-able; however, the second isn't. Then, for the O-B trills, the second O note and fifth O note must be strummed. I use 2-3 fingering on these and play both measures in third position. If you don't like sliding your hand up, however, you can try second position. 67-68: Woah! Fast scales. You can tap these or one hand them. If you want to go the tapping route, I suggest you use 3-2 on the B and Y notes, respectively, and then your right index finger for the G notes. For one-handing it, you can either use 4-3-1 fingering or 3-1-1 fingering. 71-72: An R-Y-B scale and more Y-B trills. Use 2-3 fingering on these trills- they are all hammer-on-able. For the R-Y-B scale, use 1-2-3 fingering.
....Song Comments: This is the first of the two XBOX360 exclusive bonus tracks for Guitar Hero II (the second one being Kicked To The Curb). This song is okay; the solo is fun to play, but besides that, it's kind of, "Meh."

........Fall Of Pangea
.... Difficulty: 8/10
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 2, 18-19, 106-108, 110-111, 112, 220-245
............ 2: This is the first of many riffs and solos throughout the song. I actually strum every note here, but keep in mind that there are hammer-ons. The pattern is: a strum, two hammer-ons. I start this song in first position and slide my index finger up to the red fret and play it from second position. 18-19: This is a very weird strumming pattern that I miss sometimes. It goes: 1-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-2-1. The first sven chords are all YB chords, but then it goes GR-GR-RY. This is hard to play because you have to shift your hand down a lot. An easy solution is to use 3-4 fingering for the YB chords, so you can easily use 1-2 fingering for the GR chords and 2-4 fingering for the RY chords. You can also try 1-2 fingering for everything if you want, or 2-3 fignering, then 1-2, 1-2. 106-108: The hold notes here are all strummed. I strum the hodl note, then strum the blue note, and hammer-on the Y-R-G. Then for the little bit afterwards, I strum the hold note and the yellow note, hammer-on the red note, and then (since you have to) strum the next red and yellow notes. This is all played from second position. Then, in measure 107, strum the red and yellow notes, and hammer-on the blue, orange, blue, yellow, and green notes. I then strum the red note, then hammer-on the green note, and strum the red note. I also use second position for this, but then I slide my hand down for the green note, and play in second poisiton from there. Then, in measure 108, I strum the first note of each ascending scale and hammer-on the rest. Then, for the descending scale, I do the same, but in reverse, and with strumming the first note (since it comes directly after an ascending scale in a zig-zag). Then I strum the yellow note. 110-111: For this part, remember that if you ever see two notes in a row, you have to strum the second one. I play this in second position, and when the two red notes in a row come up, I slide my index finger up to the red fret and play from second position there. You can also try sliding your pinky finger up to the orange fret, rather than your index finger up to red. Also, for the ascending scale at the end, remember to strum the first note. I use 1-2-3 fingering for this scale 112: For these trills, I use 2-3 fingering. If you use 2-3-4 fingering for the ascending scale beforehand, you should probably use 3-4 fingering for these. 220-245: The infamous speed-ups. This is kind of reminescent of some of the speed-ups in the 'Free Bird' solos. Some people use just two fingers for these, hammering on the red and yellow notes. Others strum everything, use 1-2, 1-2, 1-3. The yellow note in between measures must be strummed, so watch out for those. You need to maintain your concentration in this section, or else you'll either go to fast or too slow and miss a note.
....Song Comments: This song is kind of weird, but it's fun nonetheless. It's a long song, and a hard FC.

........FTK
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 11-14, 21-22, 24-25, 49-50, 61-62, 110, 114, 147-149
............ 11-14: These are the first notes of the song after that first vocal intro. They are power chords. It also goes at a very confusing beat: 5-1-8-1-1 with 5 YB chords, 1 G note, 8 GR chords, 1 G note, and then finally 1 RY chord. Try counting out loud or in your head, it may help you stay on rhythm. 21-22: This is much harder than it looks, because it doesn't really have a definite rhythm- it's counter-intutitive. It goes 2-1-3-1-3-1-1. However, you must leran get this riff down, as it comes up many times throughout the song. The hardest part, I find, is that final RY chord, and then hitting the next note, which comes directly after it- it may be an O note or a YB chord, but either way, it's hard to jump that far. 24-25: A very weird section, it's very fast and a bunch of strums. The first B-O-B-Y-R scale is hammer-on-able, but then you get two mini-trills that go Y-B, Y-B. You must strum the Y note on both of those. After the second Y-B mini-trill comes another hammer-on-able scale- Y-R-B, and then a yellow strummed note and a red hammer-on able note. Play this in either 2nd or 3rd position, as there are no green notes to be found anywhere in that section. 49-50: Ugh, some more awkward chord-timing. Use your 1st and 3rd finger on the R-B chord and slide your index finger down, and then up again for the G and R notes, respectively. You can also try 2-4, 1, 2 fingering. Measure 50 has another mini-solo. It's basically two incomplete zig-zags, both starting with a strum. Use 4-3-2-1-2-3 fingering for them, or 3-2-1-1-1-2. 61-62: A weird zig-zag and then those Y-B mini-trills again. Again, you can either use all 4 fingers, or index slide. Then, in measure 62, there are three strummed yellow notes, a B-Y-R-Y hammer-on incomplete zig-zag, and strummed yellow and red notes. 110: Another zig-zag, another trill with the first note strummed. You should probably know waht to do for these by now, but in case you don't, use 3-2-1-2-3 fingering for the zig-zag, and 2-1-2 fingering for the trill. There are then a red note, a green note, and a red note that are all strummed. 114: This is part of a star power phrase, so you should do your best to hit it! 2-3-2-1-2-1 fingering for the first zig-zag thing, and then 3-2-1 fingering for the descending scale. And then a strummed red note and a hammer-on-able yellow note that should have 1-2 fingering. 147-149: These descending B-R-G scales muse have the first note of each strummed. I use 3-2-1 fingering. I use suppose you could also use 4-3-2 or 2-1-1 fingering if you wanted. The final stuff in measure 50 are some slower strummed notes.
....Song Comments: There are lots of mini-solos throughout tis song, and awkward tempo changes, making it hard to 5-star. Once you get them down, however, it becomes easier.

........Gemini
.... Difficulty: 9/10
....FC Difficulty: 10/10
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 6-7, 9, 19, 21-22, 49-50, 52-53, 73-74, 77, 89, 90-92, 110, 111-112, 113-115, 120, 122
............ 6-7: Okay, you need to be able to hit this riff in order to get 5-stars. It appears many times throughout the song. Start in first position. For the G-R-B that starts it off, you can hammer-on the R and B notes, so I suggest you do so. i use 1-2-4 fingering, but you can also use 1-2-3 fingering or 2-3-4 fingering, if you like sliding. Then comes a quick chord change: YO-BO. I downstrum both these chords. Then strum the BO chords, and then there is a Y-R-RB-YB. I use 2-1-13-23 fingering for this, and downstrum it all. 9: This is a very interesting run: BO, YO, RO, YO. Keep your pinky on the O note and strum each chord, using your ring finger on the Y note, and your index finger on the R note. Then comes a YB chord, then an RB chord, a G note, and another RB chord. Downstrum these and use 2-3, 1-3, 1, 1-3 fingering. 19: Some more chords for you! I use 1-3, 2-3, 203 fingering for that quick run at the beginning. Then, there is another YO chord, and a tricky R-B-R sequence. Hammer on the B and R notes using 1-3-1 fingering. This is harder then it looks to hit. There is then a bunch of YO chords. 21-22: Measure 21 starts off with the end of an orange hold note and a blue note and then: Woah! Notes! This is a confusing bunch of notes that looks very intimidating when you first see it. Strum the first red note and hammer-on everything else. There is a lot of jumping around in this mini-solo. For the G to B jump, Anchor the G note and press down on the B note with your pinky finger, then quickly let go of the G note and play the rest of the phrase. There is then a jump from R to B, and I wouldn't recommend anchoring anything there, just use 2-4 fingering. For the B-Y-O-Y-B-Y thing, try 3-2-4-2-3-2 fingering. 49-50: Another extremely confusing section. Those are actually two chords in measure 49. The G-R-Y-G-RB-YB is fast and easy to miss, which is especially bad since this is a star power phrase. Downstrum the chords, and hammer-on the other notes. Measure 50 has a zigzag pattern that you can either slide your index finger, or use all four fingers for. 52-53: Will the mini-solos ever end?! This one is very hard and confusing. There is a lot of jumping around again. My advice is to take this section into practice and do it on slowest, then slower, then slow, and then full speed, just so you can see the notes. There is a bunch of trills and sweeps in this section, but luckily, they're all hos/pos. There is a big G to O jump in measure 53 that I recommend using your pinky on the O note for. 73-74: A very fast descending scale, followed by some more notes. Pull of the descending scale using 3-2-1 fingering, then hit the rest of the notes, paying close attention to ho/pos. 77: The infamous 'X.' This is incredibly fast and hard to hit. There are three main ways of hitting it: 1) Treating it as though it were RB-RY-RB, and hammering on to the green note afterwards, 2) Treating it as though it were a really fast Psychobilly Freakout chorus, like RB-GY-RB, and hammering on to the green note, and 3) Hitting it as it is: RB-Y-RB. I don't recommend this, but whatever works. Personally, I use method 2. There is also some very confusing stuff before the , however, that shouldn't be ignored. I give the same advice for the brigde as I do for measures 52-53, practice it on slowest first, then slower, then slow, then full speed. 89: You can tap these B-Y-G-Y scales if you want, but you can also one-hand them (albeit they are very hard). Try 4-3-1-3 fingering. 90-92: Some more insanely confusing lines. Practice mode is your friend! Again, there is a lot of jumping around here. Try using your pinky and ring finger for the jumping around. 110: A fast pull-off sequence. Try 3-4-3-2-1-3-2-3-2-1-1 fingering for the hammer-on sequence. 111-112: Keep your ring finger achored on the yellow note and use your middle and index fingers on the red and green notes, respectively. This is part of a star power phrase, too, so it is fairly important to hit. 113-115: Very fast zig-zags with strums in between. Again, you can either index slide or use your four fingers. You can alt. strum or downstrum the repeated notes- alt. strumming is probably easier. PRACTICE MODE!!! 120-121: You're almost there! Just one last solo. Again, there are some more trills and sweeps. Hammer all of these on. The G-Y-G-R-Y-G-O thing can be fairly confusing, but for the final G-O jump, use your index finger and pinky.
....Song Comments: This is one of the hardest songs (bonus & main setlist) to get 5-stars on, and also one of the hardest to FC. There are a ton of hard parts, and you have to master the mini-solos and fills.

........Kicked To The Curb
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 5-6, 37-38, 102-103, 106-107, 133-134
............ 5-6: I slide my index finger up to the red and then after the scale, slide it back down to green, rather than pinky slide. 37-38: I downstrum the chorus. I just find it easier. You can try alternate strumming, but, if you can fast enough, I recommend downstrumming. 102-103: You must strum all the notes in this section! There are no hammer-ons. Again, for the reverse scale towards the start of measure 102, I use 4-3-2-1-1-1-2 fingering, which makes it easier to hit the chords and stuff after it. 106-107: This is a part of the difficult solo, no doubt. A fast combination of YB trills and Y-B-O sweeps. Hammer all of these on for starters, now, use 2-3 fingering for the trills and 2-3-4 fingering for the sweeps. You can also use 2-3-3 fingering for the sweep if you want. 133-134: The intro riff again, play it in first position, and use 1-2-3 fingering for G-R-Y scales at the beginning.
....Song Comments: This song is pretty easy aside from the solo, which is hard to 100%. If you can get the solo then you can get the song, but it isn't easy. This is a fun song to play, however.

........Laughtrack
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 4, 11, 27-28, 115-120
............ 4: You can use the hammer-ons here, but you don't have too. You can hammer-on the red note and the blue, yellow, and red notes (if you look at the note chart, you'll see what I mean). You can play this from solely first position, or you can slide your index finger up to the red and play from second position, sliding back down to the green note. 11: 1-2-3-1-2-3-4-1. Think of this section like that. Counting in your head may help. I suggest hammering on the Y-R-Y, and strumming the first blue note of the section, playing from second position. You can also try first position- 4-3-2-3. 27-28: 1-2-3, 1-2, 1, 1-2, 1, 1-2-3, 1. That's the basic rhythm of this part. This part isn't that hard if you know what to do. You can use 1-3 fingering for everything and slide and/or hop- you can use 2-4, 1-3, 1-3 fingering, 1-2, 1-2, 1-2 (these are the fingers for the chords- remember to remove your upper finger when playing lower notes). Experiment and find out which one works best for you. 115-120: This is pretty easy, it's just a bunch of chords connected by sustains, ending in a YBO three-note chord. Just stay on rhythm here- if you need too, you can just hit the chords and not the sustains, but I don't advise that.
....Song Comments: I find this song kind of quiet compared a lot of the other songs in the game- I don't know why, especially the verses. Maybe it's just me (if you think so too, comment!) Anyway, this song is okay. It's kind of bland and kind of average too play.

........Mr. Fix It
....Pass Difficulty: 1/10
.... Difficulty: 1/10
....FC Difficulty: 2/10
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 8, 28, 62
............ 8: I personally use 1-3 fingering for all of these chords and just slide, but you can also try 1-3, 1-3, 1-2, 2-4, 2-4. 28: The same thing here: You can either use 1-3, 1-3, 1-3 fingering; 1-2, 1-3, 2-4 fingering; or 1-2, 2-4, 2-4 fingering. 62: This is really the only part of the solo that's worth writing a section about. This measure starts out with an O note and a YB chord, which should both be strummed Then another O note that needs to be strummed, and then a blue note that needs to be strummed, and then a hammer-on-able scale going O-B-Y-R. I use 4-3-2-1 fingering for this, but you can also use 4-3-2-2 or 4-4-3-2, although I recommend the first method.
....Song Comments: This song is very easy. Once you get the chords down, it's not very hard at all. This song is kind of funny, too.

........The New Black
.... Difficulty: 5/10
........-- Measures 3, 33, 76
............ 3: Okay, not a lot of sections here, but this song is kind of weird, so I'll do my best to help you. To start off, we have this riff. Hit this, and you will get a good score- probably at least 4 stars. I use 1-3, 1, 1 fingering. However, you can also use 2-4, 1, 1 or 1-2, 1, 1. Try and see what works best for you- I recommend the frist option, however. 33: This section is somewhat confusing and kind of reminiscent of Raining Blood's Mosh 2. Anyway, I use 2-3-2-1-2 fingering for that little trilly thing in the middle, and I also don't anchor anything. Another option is to play it solely from position one (i.e. move everything above one finger down, not using your index finger at all), or you can index finger slide (lol, I don't recommend this). Remember to strum the first yellow note of the chain, but you can hammer-on the rest. The final green note must be strummed as well. 76: This is a very spaced out solo with some strummed notes at the beginning of each chain. For the first O-Y-R-G, I use my 4th finger for the orange note and then 3-2-1 for the descending scale. Then, on the way back, I use 1-2 for the G-R, and my pinky for the orange note (which you must strum by the way). Then, remember to strum the yellow note and descend with your first three fingers, just like you did before.
....Song Comments: This song is okay- it seems to change rhythm a lot, which makes it kind of awkward to play. I rarely play this song- but that's just my opinion.

........One For The Road
....FC Difficulty: 6/10
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 3-4, 32-33, 69-70, 150-157, 184-191
............ 3-4: I start this song in second position with 1-3 fingering on the RB chord. Then I slide up to the YO chord and back down again for the GR chords, using 1-2 fingering on the GR chords. However, you can also use 1-3, 2-4, 1-2 fingering or 1-2, 2-4, 1-2 fingering. 32-33: The beat here is 1-3-4-4-2-1. It sounds complicated, but it really isn't. These are all chords and I play with a combination of first & second position, using 1-3 fingering for the RB chords and GY chords, Then I use 1-2 fingering for the GR chords. You can also try 2-4, 1-3, 1-2 fingering. I also downstrum all of this, but you can alt strum if you want. 69-70: I start in first position and play all of measure 69 from that position. Then I strum everything in measure 70 using 4-3-2-2-1-1-1-2-3 (except for the last orange note, which I hammer-on with my pinky). I sometimes miss this riff, but I;m usually headbanging by this point in the song, so... 150-157: This is fast picking and, probably, the hardest part in the song for most people. Just strum at a constant rate. I strum through this and don't use the hammer-ons. You pretty much have to play this from first position, anchoring the green note and stretching you pinky for the O note, pinky on the B note, ring finger on the Y note, and middle finger on the R note. 184-191: These chords are pretty fast, but I downstrum them all. I play using 1-3, 1-3-4, 1-3-4 fingering. You can try alternate strumming this if you want, but I personally find downstrumming easier.
....Song Comments: This song is extremely fun to play. I love jumping around and doing other moves while playing this song.

........Push Push (Lady Lightning)
....FC Difficulty: 8/10
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 3, 10, 27-30, 34, 87-89, 90, 114-117, 122-126
............ 3: Okay, start this song in first position. The first yellow here is hammer-on-able, and I suggest that you do hammer it on. However, the second yellow is not, so strum that. After the first 6 notes (G-G-G-G-Y-Y), comes G-G-Y-G-G-O-G-G-Y-B. The Y, O, and Y-B are hammer-on-able. Again, I suggest you use them. 10: Y-B-Y-B-O: strum the first Y note and use 2-3-2-3-4 fingering. Then strum the next yellow note, and the first yellow note of the trill and hammer-on the rest of the notes. 27-30: You can either alternate strum or downstrum this; I suggest alternate strumming but whatever works for you. Try 1-3-4-2-1-2-4-2-1-2-4-2-1 fingering for measures 27 and 28. The rest of the fingering, play the same. For the scale in measure 30, you can either pinky slide or index slide; I recommend index sliding up to the red (after you've played the green), and playing in second position from there. 34: Two GY chords, Then a descending scale going O-B-Y-R-G-R-Y. You can hammer all of these on besides the first O note; or, you can strum it all. 87-89: Fast ascending scales, similar to the Jordan Guitar Break, but slightly slower and in a different pattern. Try 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 2-3-4 fingering. Or, you can use 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 fingering, or 1-2-3, 2-3-4, 2-3-4, 2-3-4. Then, towards the end of measure 89 when the scales go R-Y-B, Y-B-O, try 1-2-3, 1-2-3 fingering, or 1-2-3, 2-3-4. 90: This is a confusing part. Srrum the first red note and hammer the rest of the notes on. Just play it from second position, sliding your hand down for the green notes, and back up again for the orange notes. Try taking it into practice mode on a slower speed so you better know what's going on. 114-117: Okay, strum the first Y note, and hammer the rest on. For the descending scales, use 4-3-2, 4-3-2-1 fingering, or 3-2-1, 3-2-1-1. Then, in measure 115, hammer the ascending scale on, Strum the Y note after the hold note, use 3-2-1-2-3 fingering on the scale-thing, and hammer the rest of the measure on, played from second position. For measure 116, strum the first R note, and hammer the Y and B notes on. Then, strum the R note again, and do the same thing. Strum the Y note nad hammer on the B note. Then, strum the O hold note and hammer on the descenders. Then, in measure 117, strum the first note of the weird scale thing, and play the rest in first position. 122-126: Any time there are either two of the same note in a row, or a note after a hold note, strum it! This is the last solo before the ending. Play the first BO chord with 34 fingering, and then play the rest of the measure in first position, with your pinky on blue. For the scales, play in second position. Then, for the ascending scales, you can either use 1-2-3 fingering or 1-1-2 fingering. You can also either put your index finger on the R note for the R-Y-B-O scale that shows up, or you can slide your pinky up to the O and have your middle finger on the R note. The rest are a series of trills and scales. Remember to strum any note that comes after a note of the same colour, or comes after a hold note.
....Song Comments: A cool song, and a good choice for Guitar Hero. There are some hard parts thrown in, like the ascending scales and the ending solo, so an FC of this is pretty hard.

........Less Talk More Rokk
........-- Measures 8, 32, 39, 50, 52, 142
............ 8: I downstrum all of these, since they're not going very fast. I play them from first position. 32: I also play these from first position, and I use my ring finger on the yellow note, and my index finger on the green note. I also use the hammer-on at the end, but you can strum right through. You can also try 2-1 fingering. 39: This part gets me sometimes because I forget that you have to strum the orange note! Do what you do for measure 16, but compensate with your pinky on the ornage note, and play it from second position. 50: Now, for these fast sections, I have a strategy: I downstrum at a constant pace- for some reason, this helps me keep a combo, I don't know why. Finger it using 2-1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4, 1-1-2-3-4-3. You can also completely use the hammer-ons by not strumming at all, except for the first note, if you want. You can also tap if you want. 52: For this section, I keep my on the red note (after the green note of course) and downstrum at a constant pace, but I put my finger on the other buttons while keeping my finger on the red one. I play this from second position. You can also try completely using the hammer-ons, and not anchoring anything at all if you want. 142: This is just like measure 50, except... what, a chord!? For this chord, you must strum it, so I use 3-4 fingering and put my fingers down on the buttons really fast after the yellow note. It's also a good idea, for the three-note scale before it, to use 1-1-2 fingering, so it's easier to get the chord.
....Song Comments: Once you get the pattern and hammer-ons down, this song is very fun to play. It's fairly repetitive, but still very fun.

........Jordan
....Pass Difficulty: 11/10
.... Difficulty: 11/10
....FC Difficulty: 1,000/10
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 3, 14, 15-16, 43-44, 51-52, 53-60, 61-68, 85-89, 89-96
............ 3: You pretty much have to be able to hit this riff somewhat consistently. There are three star power phrases in this riff alone, and (unless you are extremely good) you need a full star power bar (four phrases) to pass. There are three main ways of hitting this: 1) Strum the first first three notes, hammer everything on until the last G note, strum that, slide your index finger up to red for the scale. 2) Strum the first three notes, strum the green notes, slide your index finger up to red for the scale. 3) Strum everything. I highly recommend either method 1 or 2, because strumming everything is very tiresome, and alt. strumming this riff is extremely hard, so you pretty much have to downstrum. 14: This little measure has a star power phrase that is essential if you're going for 5 stars. I put my ring finger on the blue note, strum it, quickly downstrum the two G notes, donwstrum the B note, and then alt. strum the rest, going 3-2-1. 15-16: The chorus riff isn't very hard, but you must be able to hit it. Ther are two star power phrases in it. I downstrum the first O, R, and Y notes, and then alt. strum the rest, with 4-1-2-1-4-1-2 fingering. You can also downstrum it all, or alt. strum it all. Most people like to use a combination of alternate strums and downstrums, however. 43-44: The infamous ascending triplets. There are a bunch of wasy to hit this: 1) 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 fingering; 2) 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 2-3-4 fingering; 3) 1-2-3, 2-3-4, 2-3-4 fingering. Those are the three main ways. See which one works best for you- or, use your own method! You have to be in the green after these triplets to pass, however. 51-52: You must, absolutely must be in the green after these. A lot of people treat it, instead of descending triplets, as quadruplets, so instead of O-B-R, they treat it as O-B-Y-R. You can strum the first ntoe of all of these if you want, or simply hammer them all on. 53-60: If you had never seen Jordan before, and you made it to this part, you would probably pass out. This is the infamous 'wall of skittles.' An FC of this with one hand may be possible, but it's a long shot. If you're just trying to pass this part, I suggest using three fingers and moving up and down the neck in the general pattern of the madness. Strum at slightly faster than Misirlou speed, but make sure you're not strumming faster than you're fretting, because if you overstrum you're dead. I can't tap this part, so I give any advice on that. 61-68: No, it's not over yet- and in fact, most people consider this part (Solo C) even harder than the last part (Solo B). Whereas Solo B is mostly just a lot of fast and complicated trills, Solo C is sweeps, scales, trills, fast alt. strumming, and more. All at 15.5 NPS (notes per second). Yes, that's fast. For solo C, if you're just trying to pass, go in the gnereal pattern of the notes, but try and get the descending sweeps, and strum at the same speed you did in Solo B. If you make it through this then you have probably passed the song, but don't lose your cool, there's still more to come. 85-89: Solo F isn't as hard as Solo B or Solo C when you get the hang of it, aand it is also shorter. Just alt. strum through this if you can't hit it, and follow the general pattern. You should have star power by now, so if you see yourself in the low yellow or red at any point, use it, there is a bunch of alt. strummed oranges towards the end of this solo. Do your best to hit these. 89-96: This is really the last part that you can possibly fail in, unless you hyperventilate from excitement. This is the bridge, and if full of alt. strumming. I recommend just keeping your finger anchored on green and using your pinky on the blue and orange notes, your ring finger on the yellow notes, and your middle finger on the red notes. If you can't hit this and are just trying to pass, howevr, just strum the greens. There are two greens and then a note. If you pass this part (which you probably will), then there is another chorus, and then you've beaten Jordan! Congratulations!
....Song Comments: This is, without a doubt, the hardest song in the entire game, and possibly the hardest song in all of Guitar Hero history. It took me a long time to simply pass this song once. It's an awesome song to listen too though, and extremely fun to play if you can pass it consistently. Good luck!
....Other Helpful Guides: The Official Jordan Thread!, The Ulimate Jordan Guide,A Fool Proof Guide to Passing Jordan,JPrez44's Guide to a Jordan FC (Unfinished)

........Parasite
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 3-4, 5, 45-48, 69-71, 72
............ 3-4: Start this song in second position, and strum all of these, sliding you index finger down for green, and back up to red for the scale. You can also pinky slide up to the orange note for the scale if you wish. 5: This is what takes up most of the song, so if you can hit this, you can get 5-stars. I use 1-3 fingering for the G-Y chords, and 2-3 fingering for the Y-B chords; however, you can also try 1-3, 3-4 or 1-2, 2-3. 45-48: I use 2-3 fingering- and you must strum all of these. None of them are hammer-ons. You can also try 304 fingering. 1-3 fingering is kind of hard because this is directly after a GY chord. Meassure 48 ends with an RB chord. 69-71: Play this from first position, and hammer-on the R and G notes. In measure 70, for the trill, I move my hand up and use 2-3 fingering, but you can also try 3-4 fingering. 72: Hammer-on this whole scale (besides the first note- you have to strum that) from second position. Then, in measure 72, strum the red (this is actually in measure 71, but whatever), yellow, and orange notes, and hammer on the scale. Then, strum the red and yellow notes and play the scale like 3-2-1-2-3-2, hammering on everything but that first aforementioned yellow note.
....Song Comments: This is definately one of the easiest songs in the game to 100%. There is only one short solo that, with some practice, you can hit. This is one of the first bonus songs that I suggest you try and FC. Pretty good song though.

........Radium Eyes
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 19-20, 23, 24, 54
............ 19-20: This isn't very hard, but it can be confusing to look at. It goes R-Y-O-Y-R. They all must be strummed. I use 1-2-4 fingering. You could also 1-2-3, 1-1-3, or 1-1-2 fingering. Then, measure 20 has the same thing, but lower: G-Y-B-Y-G. Use the same fingering you did for the R-Y-O-Y-R. 23: Woah! G-O splits and G-R-B chords! This is very fun to play once you get the hang of it. I use 1-4 fingering for the G-O chord and then quickly move my pinky finger down and my middle finger goes on the red button for 1-2-4 fingering of the G-R-B chord. It goes: G-O, G-R-B, G, G-R-B, G-O. 24: This mesaure gets its own section because it's slightly different then measure 23. Instead of a G-R-B chord after the single G note, there is an R-Y chord. Play it with 2-3 fingering, and use the same fingering you did for measure 23. 54: Some trills here. Strum the first yellow note and then hammer-on all the other ones. Keep in mind, it ends on a red note, and you then must jump up to the blue note and do a B-O-B trill with 3-4-3 fingering.
....Song Comments: A pretty easy song with some rare chords. It's a great song, though, and fun to play. I kind of consider this the 'Impulse' of Guitar Hero II, just because it's so varied and doesn't really stick to one genre.

........Red Lottery
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 2-5, 35-26, 66, 81
............ 2-5: This is not very hard at all; I strum all of this in first position. For the scale at the end, you can hammer-on all the notes except the first one. I recommend strumming everything, however, it just makes it easier. I also use 1-2-3-4-3-2-1 fingering. 35-36: Downstrum all of this, and for the chord change, use 1-3-4 fingering for the G-Y-B and R-B-O chords, and then switch to 2-3-4 fingering for the Y-B-O chords. For switch to the G-Y chord in measure 36, I slide my hand back down and use 1-3 fingering. 66: These trills are what keep most people from an FC of this song. I sue 1-2 fingering for the G-R trills, 2-3 fingering for the Y0B trills, and 203 fingering for the B-O trills. This involves sliding, and if you don't like sliding, you can always try 1-2, 3-4, 3-4... oh wait, that involves sliding, too. I guess you have to slide somewhat. 81: This quick hammer-on sequence is also a start power phrase, so do your best to hit it. I play this from third position. Remember to strum the first note.
....Song Comments: This song sounds like rubbish. It's not very fun to play either.

........Six
....Pass Difficulty: 10/10
.... Difficulty: 10/10
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 3-4, 5-6, 11-25, 26-28, 43-44, 59-60, 83, 91-92, 94, 98, 100, 103-105
............ 3-4: Okay, this is a very fast and cluttered combination of chords and single notes. If you're not careful, you will fail here, so pay attention . First of all, unless you are an extremely, and I mean, extremely, fast downstrummer, you will have to alternate strum first green notes after the GY chord, which I play with 1-3 fingering. Start in first position and hit the hit the aforementioned GY chord, then alternate strum the string of green notes, then use 12 fingering for the GR chord. Now, here's where it gets very difficult. You have to go from the GY chord to an RY chord, and then a YB chord. You can either use 12, 12, 23 fingering; 12, 23, 34 fingering; or 12, 12, 12 fingering. See which one works best for you. Then you have to go from the YB chord back to a GR chord, and then to an RB chord. Use 12 fingering on the GR chord and then 1-3 fingering on the RB chord. You can also try 2-4 fingering on it if you want. Then, in measure 4, you have to move up the red fret, and play this from second position. I alternate strum the red notes and then use 1-2, 2-3, 1-2, 3-4 fingering. You can also try 1-2, 1-2, 1-2, 2-3 or 1-2, 2-3, 1-2, 2-3 fingering, however. 5-6: If you're trying to 5-star this song, it is almost essential to get this star power. I downstrum all of it, but some people alternate strum it as well. I find it easiest to use 1-3-4, 1-3-4, 1-3-4, 1-3-4, 1-3-4, 3 fingering. I find that I often miss that last yellow note, probably because I try to go for the next chord shape to early. If you have to miss the next chord to hit the yellow note, then do it- hitting the yellow note is more important. 11-25: This part will help immensly towards a five-star, and, obviously, a 100%. You can try counting in your head 1-2-3-4 for every group of notes hit, since they are all groups of four. I play this from first position, sliding my index finger up for the red notes and playing from second position there. Again, this pretty much has to be alt. strummed. Remember to not overstrum (strum too fast), or understrum (strum too slowly). You can also try using your wrist or your whole arm while strumming- just find what works best for you. 26-28: The descending scales in measure 26 contain a star power phrase that is very helpful. They must strummed, and I downstrum them. I use 4-3-2-1, 3-2-1, 12 fingering. Remember to hit the chord at the end, because that is part of the star power phrase too. Then comes the infamous verse riff. I play this from first position, alternate strumming the green notes in between the chords. However, if you are fast enough, you can downstrum them too. For that little B-RY-O thing, I use 3-12-4 fingering, downstrumming it all. Alternate strumming that may also help keep your rhythm, however. 43-44: This riff is essential to a 5-star. You can either stay in first position entirely, or you can hop. Staying in first position entirely means going: 43-32-43 for the YB-RY-YB chords, and then playing everything else from first position. Hopping means you hop using 32-12-32 fingering for the YB-RY-YB chords, while playing everything else from first position. Again, see which method works best for you. 59-60: You have to strum this whole thing- they are not hammer-ons! I made this mistake a lot when I first started playing this song. Personally, I anchor the green note and downstrum everything from first position. You can also not anchor the green note, however. Before the Y-Y-Y-B at the end, remember that it ends on a green note- don't remove your index finger to early. 83: I use the hammer-ons here, sliding my index finger up for the red note from the green note (you only have to slide like that once, though). Remember to strum the second yellow when there are two right after each other. You can also try hopping and downstrumming the whole thing, though. 91-92: This part is pretty confusing at first. It stars out easy- just play measure 91 from first position, downstrumming everything (or, if you want, alternate strumming). Then comes the slightly confusing part. Remember to strum the second note if there are two notes of the same colour after one another- everything else is hammer-on-able. I start in second position and then slide my index finger down to the green fret for the green note at the end. You can also strum through this, if you want. 94: The fast chord change is what's important in this measure- the RY to YB. You can either alternate strum or downstrum it. I use 1-2, 2-3 fingering. Remember to move your fingers as you're strumming- moving your fingers to slowly is a mistake. 98: Unlike measure 59, this is actually hammer-on-able, so I suggest you use them. This is similar to a lot of the riffs in Thunderhorse. I anchor the green and hit the rest using my pinky finger for the blue and orange notes, my ring finger for the yellow notes, and my middle finger for the red notes. 100: The B-Y-B's are hammer-on-able, as is the Y-B-G-R in between/after the GR chords. However, the yellow hold note at the end of this measure must be strummed. I like to hop here, but you can also play this from solely first position, alternate or downstrumming. 103-105: You have to do a lot of jumping around here. In measure 103, strum the first and last yellow notes. I play this from first position, using 4-4-4 fingering on the B-O-B trill (sliding my pinky finger). Then, in measure 104, strum the first note, and play the first first two descending scales from first position. Then play the rest from second position, but strum the last green hold note. Then comes measure 105. You can play this from entirely first position, or you can slide your index finger up to hit the red notes.
....Song Comments: This song is one of the hardest to five-star in the game. The chord changes, solo, and fast strumming are all factors of that. However, it's pretty fun to play once you get the hang of it. Good luck!
....Other Helpful Guides: A Hopefully Helpful Guide To "Six" (Expert), Strategy guide to five star six on hard! <--- This is for hard, not expert.

........Soy Bomb
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 3-4, 12, 47, 74-84, 110-113, 114-117
............ 3-4: I actually play this like this: 1-1-1. 1-1-1, 2-2, 3, 2, 1. I also downstrum everything. You can also try using your middle finger for the red notes, and your pinky for the blue notes. 12: Personally, I anchor the yellow here- I just find it makes it easier (obviously, I remove it for the red notes). I also use 3-2-1-2-1-1 fingering. You can also try 4-3-2-3-2-1. I also downstrum this whole thing. 47: I hammer-on the blue note here, and play this sliding my index finger up to the red note and back down again for the green note, downstrumming everything. 74-84: These are three-note chords- I just use the traditional fingerings for these (i.e. 1-3-4 for a GYB chord, etc.) These aren't too hard, just make sure you hit them. If it helps, try cutting the sustain off a bit early and going into the chord-shape ahead of time. You'll lose some ticks this way, but at least you won't miss the note. 110-113: These aren't hammer-ons, first of all. I advise to downstrum them from second position, but you can also try index finger sliding if you want. 114-117: You can either downstrum or alternate strum these, whatever's your preference. Some people just strum much faster than is needed, hitting them all but extras as well. I use 2-3 fingering on them, but you can also try 3-4 fingering if you want.
....Song Comments: A pretty easy song to 100%. It's not very long, but it's a fun song to listen too.

........The Light That Blinds
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 3-15, 16-19, 20-27, 32, 69, 86-88, 100
............ 3-15: Okay, this is the acoustic intro to the song. It's not very difficult, but if you're going for a five-star, hitting this is important. I don't use the hammer-ons here (for the first part [measures 3-6]), I strum everything. I start in first position and move up to second position for the orange notes, and back down again. Then, I use the hammer-ons for the quick G-R, but not for anything else. When the chords come, I use only 1-2 and 2-3 for everything- never use 3-4. 16-19: This is harder than it looks. The first note of each respective 2-note pattern is a hammer-on. I don't use them, but if you want you can. I use 1-1-2-3-4-3-2-1-1 fingering, but you can also use 1-2-3-4-4-4-3-2-1 if you want. I alternate strum all of this, as you should. If you use the hammer-ons, strum every other note (after the first two green notes, of course). 20-27: First of all- it's possible to 5-star this song while not doing very well on this riff. All the notes escept for the long green strings are hammer-ons. I don't use them, but you can if you want. When the riff slows down to the gallops at the end, you can overstrum through if you want, or strum through. For the ending riff, I downstrum all of it, with 1-2, 1-2, 1-2, 1-2, 2-3, 1-2, 3, 4, 4 fingering. Try various methods for this riff. 32: 1-2, 1-2, 1-3, 1-3, 2-3, 1-2, 1-3, 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 fingering is what I use for this. You can also try using exclusively first position, which means sliding your ring and pinky fingers up for the BO chord at the end. 69: I start the long string of green notes on an upstrum, which also means that I end on an upstrum. Remember that. If you start on a downstrum, you end on a downstrum, and if you start on an upstrum, you must end on an upstrum. It's a good way of counting. For the chords beforehand, I use 1-3, 1-3 fingering, and 3-4, 2-3 fingering, respectively. 86-88: Firstly, a star power phrase. Do you best to hit this- all the notes are hammerons except the first one. I start on my 3rd finger and then play everything from first position, sliding my index figner up to red for the five-fret ascending sweep and playing from first position from then on. Then come some zig-zags, and then some more zig-zags, but skipping the yellow note on every ascending one. Then comes a five-fret ascending sweep with a BO-BO mini-trill, and and then a five-fret zig-zag with another ascending sweep, then a Y-B-O sweep, and then an R-Y-B-Y-B thing, and then two orange hold notes that both must be strummed. I slide my index figner up and down the red and green notes every time it comes up, playing from second position the R-Y-B-O notes. 100: You can strum this from first position, using 1-1-2-4-4-4-3-2-3-2. Or, you can play it like this: 1, 1, 1, 3, 4, 3, 2, 1, 2, 1. Or, you can make up your own method, hitting the hammer-ons or strumming everything. Whatever works for you.
....Song Comments: This song is very fun to play, in my opinion. It's challenging without being too hard. An Fc of this is impressive, however.

........Thunderhorse
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 14, 17-18, 27-30, 32-35, 39-40, 53-54, 55-62, 87-90
............ 14: If you can hit this riff you can get at least 4 stars. Strum the first four notes and then hammer-on the B-O-B, and then strum the Y-R-G. Play this from first position. You can also try strumming through, but that isn't recommended. 17-18: Okay, I'm going to point out all the notes that you have to strum: the first red note, the second yellow note, the third yellow note, and the fourth yellow note. The rest are hammer-on-able. You have to do a fair amount of jumping around here. I play this from first position. 27-30: I suggest alt. strumming through this, but you can also hammer-on everything except the green notes. This section is similar to the Jordan bridge, except that there are three green notes, then another note, instead of two notes, then another note. Play it from first position: use your pinky for the B and O notes. 32-35: Strum through this. This comes up more than once in the song, in a lot of different variations, so it's important to be able to hit it. 39-40: I move my index finger up as the lowest note progresses; I use 1-2-3 fingering for all the respective sections. The final Y-Y-Y-B-O can be killer, but just alt. strum the quick double Y notes. You can try quick downstrumming as well if you want. 53-54: The pattern of the green notes is 1-1-1-3-1-1-3-1-1-3-1. I suggest you alt. strum the green triplets, and downstrum the single notes. I guess you could alt. strum the entire thing if you wanted, however. 55-62: This section is perfect for people starting to learn how to tap. This is basic tapping- hold down the green fret and hit the other notes with your index finger. Tapping isn't necessary for this section, but it's possible. You can just do it one-handed, but I do suggest using the hammer-ons. You can strum all the notes too, however. 87-90: All of these notes can be hammered-on. There are several from Y to O and Y to G, so take this in slowest, then slower, then slow, then full speed, until you're confident. Play this in first position. If you can get this, it's great for showing your friends.
....Song Comments: Measures 55-62 are perfect for teaching people how to tap. This song is one of the shorter songs in the game, but is very fun to play once you get the hang of it.

........Trogdor
....Pass Difficulty: 6/10
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 3-4, 7, 15-21, 26-27, 28, 29
............ 3-4: This is the main riff to the song. I start this song in first poisition. There are two main ways of hitting this: 1) The 'sliding' method. Using 1-3 fingering on the GY chords and then bringing your 1-3 fingers up for the YO chord. and 2) The 'finger switching' method. Using 1-3 fingering on the GY chords and then 2-4 fingering on the YO chords. So, see which one works for you, or if you have your own methods, use it! Also, I personally alternate strum the G-Y chords, and I highly recommend that, unless you are a fast downstrummer. Other's use 1-2 fingering on the G-Y chords, so that they can simply flip their hand around and hit the Y-O chords with 2-4 fingering. Another method is to used 3-4 fingering for the G-Y chords, and 2-4 for the other chords. 7: The same methods that were in the main riff are present here. It goes: GY, GY, YO, GY, GY, BO. I use 1-3, 1-3, 1-3, 1-3, 1-3, 2-3 fingering. You can also try 1-3, 1-3, 2-4, 1-3, 1-3, 3-4. I also downstrum all of this. 15-21: These chords can be awkward the first time you try and hit them. I use 1-3, 2-3, 2-3 fingering, but you can also try 1-3, 1-2, 1-2 or 1-3, 2-3, 3-4. Remember to strum all of them and concentrate. 26-27: Here's the start of the solo. You must strum the first two orange notes, but you can hammer the rest on. Play this entire section in second position, sliding your index finger down for the green. Then, in measure 27, strum the first six notes, hammer-on the seventh note, strum the eighth note, hammer-on the next two notes, and strum the eleventh note (the R hold note). You can either play this from first or second position. 28: These are ascending scales that you can either use 1-2-3-4 fingering for or 1-1-2-3 fingering for. Whatever works for you is good. 29: Okay, first we have some zig-zags. I use 2-3-2-1 fingering for these. There then a jump for the red note up to the blue note, where you must zig-zag some more. This is hard because it's a fast jump- luckily, you don't have to strum it, so I would recommend getting your ring finger on the blue note and then using your middle finger for the yellow note and your pinky for the orange note, because then you just have to switch fingers, put you don't have to jump around so much. And then, the infamous fast notes. These 32nd notes are ridiculously fast. There are many methods for hitting them; you can move your wrist, you can use your whole arm. Whatever way you have of strumming fast, do it. The fingering here should be fairly obvious- 2-3-4 or 2-3-3. You also have to be very accurate since the timing window in GHII is that much tighter than the one in GHIII.
....Song Comments: This song is very fun to play. It's the shortest song in the game and also (I think) the shortest song in the entire Guitar Hero series. That doesn't mean it's not a good song, though. I say again, this song is very fun to play.

........X-Stream
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 17-20, 35-36, 115-122
............ 17-20: If you can hit this riff every time, you will get five stars. I play this from second position, using my 1st finger on the red notes and 3-4 fingering for the BO chords. Remember to lift your finger off the red note before you play the BO chord. Then, for the B-Y-R-G scale at the end, strum every note and use 3-2-1-1 fingering. 35-36: The beat goes 3-7-1-1-1-1. Play this from second position, or third position. 115-122: Play these three note chord using 1-3-4 fingering, then slide up using 1-3-4 for the R-B-O chords, then use either 2-3-4 or 1-2-3 fingering for the Y-B-O chords. I downstrum this whole song, but you can also alternate strum.
....Song Comments: This song is pretty repetitive and also (I believe) the easiest song to get 500K on in the game (not including XBOX360 DLC). It also has 1337 notes. Awesome!

........Yes We Can
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 6, 14-17, 71-78
............ 6: If you can hit this riff consistently, you get 5-stars. It's as simple as that. Play it in first position, and you can either down or alt. strum the reds. I personally downstrum, but either is okay. You can either use your middle finger for the reds, or slide your index finger up, and use 3-4 or 2-3 depending on what method you use. 14-17: Just hold down in the RO chord position for this entire section- that way, you don't have to hammer down on the R when it comes, you'll automatically have it covered. I alt. strum the long strings of O notes, and downstrum the small groups (2 or less notes) of O notes. I use 1-4 fingering. 71-78: This is probably the hardest part of the song. Again, I suggest downstrumming this whole thing, if they come in 2's. If they come in anything more than 2, alt. strum. For the quick change to BO chord, use 2-3 fingering. Or, alternatively, you can use 1-2 fingering or 3-4 fingering.
....Song Comments: There's not much to say about this song. I actually don't think it's as bad as everybody says, but it's definately not the best or most fun song to play in the game.

..Guitar Hero III

........Avalancha
.... Difficulty: 5/10
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 3, 109-112, 198, 208-209
............ 3: A five-fret sweep. You can either use 4-3-2-1-1 fingering, 4-4-3-2-1, or 3-2-1-1-1. I recommend the first method, but whatever works for you. 109-112: Three-note chords (these should be very familiar to most Guitar Hero III players ). Anyway, I suggest being in second position and using straight fingering from that position (i.e. whenever there is a red note, use your index finger, whenever there is yellow, use your middle finger, etc.) I also suggest downstrumming this part, but you could alt. strum it too if you want. 198: Again, second position. You have to strum all of these, and if you want my advice, you should downstrum. Remember to lift your fingers off after each note if that note is higher than one after it. 208-209: Probably the hardest part of the song to hit. These triplets I would recommend hitting from, again, second position, using 3-2-1 fingering on them. A trick I use sometimes is to downstrum the highest note of each triplet section- in this case, strumming every blue note. It helps me keep time with my fingers sometimes. Following the B-Y-R triplets there is another five fret sweep for which you should hit using 4-3-2-1-1 fingering.
....Song Comments: I have mixed feelings on this song. On the one hand, it's a good song to listen too and pretty fun to play. On the other hand, it's fairly repetitive and long. FC-ing this is harder than it looks, too, mostly due to the length of the song.

........In The Belly Of A Shark
....Pass Difficulty: 6/10
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 5, 12, 24, 86-87, 108-115, 122-126
............ 5: This song is known for its oddly-placed hammer-ons, and this main riff is one of the finest examples of that. Basically, every third note is a hammer-on. Some people find it easier to just strum everything, so that's also an option. I start this off in first position. For the first Y-R, I use 3-2, and then for the O-B-Y at the end of the riff, I use 4-3-2. You can also try 2-1, 3-2-1 fingering or 3-2, 3-2-1 fingering. 12: I downstrum all of this with 1-2, 1-3, 1-3, 1-3 fingering. You can also try 1-3, 2-4, 1-3, 1-3 or 2-3, 2-4, 1-3, 1-3. This measure is a star power phrase, so hitting this is somewhat important. 24: The hammer-ons here are also very confusing, so you can just strum through this part if you want. In fact, they are not really hammer-ons- more pull-offs. All the green notes are pull-offs, while you must strum the notes of any other colour. You can anchor the green if you want as well- or you can't, as it may help with keeping rhythm. Try both ways and see which one works best for you. 86-87: I strum through this, anchoring the yellow with 2-3 fingering. The first yellow note of every group of three is a hammer-on. The groups go B-Y-Y. 108-115: This section can confuse people, but it's not that hard when you learn how to hit it. Its basically Y-R-G Y-B-O repeated. You can try, 3-2-1, 3-2-1 fingering, 3-2-1, 4-3-2, and 3-2-1, 4-4-3. 122-126: If you hit these chords under star power with an 8x multiplier all the way through, you're pretty much guaranteed a five-star, as long as you didn't do terribly on the rest of the song. I strum the notes in between the chords, but you can hammer-on the first yellow of the group if you want. I use 123, 3-2, 234 fingering. You can also try 123, 3-2, 123.
....Song Comments: This song has weird hammer-on/pull-offs. Everything after that is pretty fun to play though.
....Other Helpful Guides: In The Belly Of A Guide - How To FC The Beast

........Can't Be Saved
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 8, 9-12, 48-51, 60, 67-68
............ 8: Second position. You can either hammer-on/pull-off the yellow and red notes, or strum. Remember that you have to strum the first of each pattern after the small gaps. 9-12: I downstrum this, starting in first position. I use 1-4-2 fingering. You can alt. strum if you want, but that's kind of unnecessary if you can downstrum fast enough. 48-51: First position all the way until bar 50, then switch to second position. Watch out for the repeating red note at the end of bar 49. Personally, I find it easier to just strum this whole thing. However, you can hammer-on too. 60: Second position, or you can just use 1-2-3 fingering and move down respectively. Remember that the first chord after the eight Y-B-O chords is an R-Y chord, not an R-Y-B chord. Adjust accordingly. 67-68: I use 2-3 fingering, and 1-2 fingering for the chords, respectively, sliding my index finger down to the green button for those notes. When the B-O chords come, jump to those notes with 2-3 fingering. Alternatively, you can use 3-4 fingering. The last four notes have ruined quite a few FCs, so be careful there. I use 1-2 fingering for the three G-R chords, and then jump up to B-O with 2-3 fingering. You can also try 1-2, 3-4 fingering if you feel more comfortable that way.
....Song Comments: An okay song, but not my favourite from Senses Fail. A pretty easy pass, 5*, and FC.

........Closer
....FC Difficulty: 1/10
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 11-17, 47-48, 71, 84-86
............ 11-17: Well, I finger this section like this: 1-1-4-2-4-4-2-3-4-3-5-4-4-4-3-3-1, tapping every other note. Okay, seriously, I downstrum this whole thing with 123-134-124 fingering. You can also try alternate strumming. 47-48: I downstrum all of this BUT IT'S GOING AT 64 NPS!! OMG!!!!! (joke) I use 2-3, 1-3, 1-2, 1-3, 1, 1, 1 fingering for this, downstrumming everything. When the last note changes from a green note to a yellow note, the last note should be three. 71: Now that you're sweating like mad from the last 70 measures, we come into this absolutely extremely hard part (not). I use 1, 3, 4, 1, 4 fingering here, downstrumming everything. 84-86: Arguably the toughest part ever in Guitar Hero, this is a series of complicated G-R-Y-B-O sweeps, R-B trills, and insane tapping. I finger it as follows 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-32-3-2-32-31-3-3-3-2-3-3-2-23-14-1-4-123-21-3221-3-213-3-2-2-3-4-3-3-2-2-3-2-2-23-23-23-4-3-232-3 Tap every note that isn't a chord. If you can even get past this part, you are awesome.
....Song Comments: This song is extremely easy, in case you couldn't tell from my sarcasm. This is first bonus song in Guitar Hero III that you should try and FC.
....Other Helpful Guides: Closer - Expert

........Don't Hold Back
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 3-5, 21-23, 51-52, 70, 99-100, 149-150
............3-5: Put your index finger on green and hammer-on the reds. For the R-Y's, slide your index finger up and use the same method. Alternatively, you can strum everything, or use 2-3 fingering on the R-Y. 21-23: Second position, sliding your finger down for the green notes. Remember to strum everything. When the orange note changes to blue, use your pinky on blue and go into first position. For the B-Y-R party, I use my ring, middle, and index fingers and stay in that position, but you can use pinky, ring, and middle if you want. 51-52: Alt. strum as fast as you can, starting in first position and sliding your index finger up to red for the red notes. I don't use the hammer-ons and strum everything, but you can do what you want. Practice mode makes perfect for this section, as with Phazer 2 (measures 99-100) 70: Second position, only alternating between pinky and ring fingers for the orange and blue notes, respectively. Look at your hand if you have too, and downstrum everything. 99-100 Start with your ring finger on the blue notes and slide just like for Phazer I, but in reverse. See measures 51-52 for more information. 149-150: Alternate strum here, being careful not to strum too many times and miss the note after the last R-B-O chord. There are 24 of them, so count if you can.
....Song Comments: A pretty good song. The phazer sections are fun to play, but kind of badly charted.

........Generation Rock
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 3-6, 57-58
............ 3-6: You can either play the G-Y-B-Y notes using 1-4-3-4 fingering or 1-3-2-3 fingering. For the ending G-B-O-B, use either 1-4-4-4, 1-4-4-3, or 1-3-4-3. Experiment and see which works best for you. Remember to strum them and all. Also, I personally found this part confusing when I going for the FC. Remember to concentrate. 57-58: Second position here; for the green notes, slide your index finger down and use 1-4-3-4-1 fingering for the end part. That's all I can really say on this song- the rest of it is pretty simple with obvious fingering.
....Song Comments: I apologize for the fairly short guide today, but there's not much else to say on this song. The choruses are simple and the song itself is pretty repetitive. It has some good riffs in it I guess.

........In Love
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 6, 19-21, 117-118
............ 6: I suggest downstrumming this. Use 1-1-123-1, 3-3-321-3 fingering. Alternatively, you can try 1-1-123-1, 4-4-432-4. Remember to let go of the last blue note before transitioning to the yellow note at the end of the measure. 19-21: You can use the hammer-ons here or not- many people seem to have trouble strumming Guitar Hero III hammer-ons, however, so use or don't use them at your discretion. The fingering here should be obvious- straight second position. 117-118: This part is kind of weird. Start out with 1-2 fingering o the G-R chord, then you can either slide your middle finger up to hit the yellow note or hit it with your ring finger. If you chose the middle finger method, then hit the following R-Y chord with 1-2 fingering. If you went with the ring finger method, then hit it with 3-2 fingering. Then, the song goes: B-RY-B-B-O. Whichever fingers you chose to hit the RY chord with, remember to lift them up when hitting the B note. Then hit the B-B-O with 4-4-4 fingering. If you used the middle finger method then hit it with 3-3-4.
....Song Comments: Here's a song that never should been in the game. Pretty dull and not very interesting to play either.

........Metal Heavy Lady
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 3-4, 19-21, 62-69
............ 3-4: Your hand should be in second position. Play this first part in entirely first position, sliding your index finger for the green note and jumping up the orange with your pinky for the orange note. I also recommend you downstrum this whole riff. 19-21: This part is pretty easy, just downstrum (or alt. strum) all these chords. After nine of them (including the hold note at the end of bar 18), it plays the notes G-Y-G-Y-Y-G. Play those in first position with your index and ring finger. 62-69: This where the solo is. Bar 62 doesn't feature anything very hard. At the end of bar 63, there is a G-R-Y-B hammer on sequence that should be played either 1-2-3-4 or 1-1-2-3. At the end of bar 65, there is a fairly weird part where it goes R-G-Y-B. Strum it all, and play it entirely in first position. The only other part worth of mention really is bar 67. Play the Y-R-G part with 3-2-1 fingering, and the part afterwards must be all strummed. Play it with either 2-3-3 or 1-2-2 fingering.
....Song Comments: A pretty short guide for a pretty short song. This is an okay song, not my favourite in the game though. I originally disliked it when I first heard it, but it grows on you.

........Minus Celsius
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 3-4, 34, 60-61
............ 3-4: This is the part of the song that (almost) everyone misses the first time they play it. You'll probably be like "WTF?" the first time you play it, and wonder how you missed it. The part I'm talking about is the infamous RYO, RBO chord change that at least 50 threads a day are made about. There are two main ways of hitting this: 1) looking at your hand and 2) thinking of it as YO, BO, but keeping your index finger anchored to the red note. Try both. I start this song in second position, playing everything from straight second position, and downstrumming. Remember that the pace is the same for this part, and also remember to lift your fingers up fast enough. 34: Another somewhat complicated chord change. For this, I play it as 1-2-4, 1-3, 1-2. I then move to a 1-3-4 position for the RBO chord. 60-61: Downstrum all of this, keeping your index finger ahcored on the green. For the G-B, G-O chord change, slide or move your pinky finger from the blue to the orange note, but don't let go of the blue fret to the early, and don't put it on the orange note too late.
....Song Comments: This song has a terrible chart- it is extremely overcharted. But, whatever. It's a good song.

........Nothing For Me Here
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 2, 3-4, 9-10, 35-38, 67, 68-70, 111-125
............ 2: A five-fret sweep, Put your pinky on the orange note and slide your index finger down for the green note. 3-4: This riff is full of hard parts and is also waaay harder than it looks. Personally, I alt. strum the green note, hammer-on the first red note, alt. strum the 2 red notes afterwards, and play the RY chord. You can also strum through, but that is not recommended. Then there are is a GR hold note, a G note, a YO chord and a BO chord. This is hard, and as zjostrom said, you will miss this. A lot. It's hard to get from the G note to the YO chord so fast, sp go into practice and gradually work your way up the speeds. Then there is a G-BO-YB-G-YB-B run that is also very hard. I use 1-34-23-1-23-3 fingering. 9-10: Alternate strumming, I don't use the hammer-ons; I simply strum right through without anchoring anything. 35-38: I suggest that you don't anchor anything here, because it will help with the timing. play it entirely in 2nd position until the G-B-G-B part, then move your hand down and play that from first position. For the O-Y-O-Y-O part, you can play that from 3rd position if you want. 67: Two four-fret sweeps. You can either index slide or use all four fingers if you want. You can play it with 4-3-2-1, 4-3-2-1 fingering or 4-3-2-1,3 -2-1-1 fingering. Those are the two main ways of fingering it. 68-70: The bridge is confusing, but easy once you learn how to do it properly. It does not merely consist of three measures but I'm just going to summarize it for you. Do not anchor anything here for starters. Another thing I would advise is to use the hammer-ons! They will prevent you from getting tired and losing your concentration, which is vital in this part of the song. Now, start in 2nd position and whenever there is a green note, move down to first position. I highly advise to use your pinky for all the orange notes in this section. The Y-G-B-Y-O part can be confusing at first, but use 3-1-4-3-4 fingering for it. 111-125: This the the last solo before the song ends, and believe me it's not a cakewalk. Measure 113 has some G-R-R notes, and I would advise to not use the hammer-ons here and simply strum through. Then there are some hard zig-zags which you should play from 2nd position, sliding your index finger down to hit the green notes. For the weird O-Y-O-Y-G thing in measure 118, use 4-2-4-2-1 fingering. Measure 119 has some more zizags that I would play from first position, jumping your pinky up to hit the O notes. There are then some trills and alt. strumming to end the song off. For the alt. strumming, I would advise strumming through.
....Song Comments: A very hard song to get 5 stars on; one of the hardest in the game actually. You need to master the main riff to get 5-stars, and the FC requires lots of practice of the solo and trills that appear very frequently in this song.
....Other Helpful Guides: Five Stars For You Here (NfMH Expert Guide), How To Play - Guides by Jowhannez

........Prayer Of The Refugee
....FC Difficulty: 5/10
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 3, 14-16, 23-24, 29-30
............ 3: Start this song in third position. Use 1-3 fingering for the Y-O chords, and 1-2 for the Y-B chords. I also recommend downstrumming it all. 14-16: Measure 14 starts with a 1, 1-2-3-4-5 pattern on R and R-B, respectively. You should shift down to second position and play it as 1, 1-2, 1-2, 1-2, 1-2, 1-2. Then, measure 15 starts with a G-O chord which should be played with 1-4 fingering. Anchor your index finger on green and downstrum to hit the G, G-B, G-B part that comes up next. Then, for the G, G-O, R-Y-O, play it as 1, 1-4, 1-2-4. You can keep the orange button held down for the last two chords, and think about 'swinging' your hand over to the red and yellow buttons. If necessary, look at your hand, but remember to look back up in time for the next chord! There is an R, R-Y-B, R-Y-B that comes up next, play it in second position and 1, 1-2-3, 1-2-3. Then finally, for the R, R-Y-O, Y-O, play it similarly as you did for the G, G-O, R-Y-O thing- keep the orange and yellow button held down and think about releasing your index finger only. 23-24: Now here's the part of the song that seems give people the most trouble. These are the infamous chord switches that fly all around the fretboard and a fairly fast pace. What I do is use 1-3 fingering for everything and jump (or slide) across the buttons to where I need to be, downstrumming everything. You can also try using 1-3 fingering for the G-Y and R-B chords, and 2-4 fingering for the Y-O chords. Also, there's a tip for TheAftershock: "I find it helps if you hit the RB early and the YO late, and if you're having trouble hitting RB early just hit YO late." 29-30: This can either be downstrummed or alt. strummed. Either way, remember to keep the O button held down at all times during this part. I use 2-1-1-1 fingering for the Y-R-G-R buttons, respectively. You can also try 2-2-1-1 fingering.
....Song Comments: Not a bad song, if a bit overcharted in parts. Many people complain about the chord changes, but with a little practise they become easy.
....Other Helpful Guides: Prayer of the Refugee: Chord Changes You'll Learn to LOVE!

........Radio Song
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 3-4, 67-68, 84
............ 3-8: First position. Downstrum all these. When the three red notes come up, slide your index finger up to the red note, and for the Y-O-Y-O, slide up again. You can also try 2-4-2-4 or 2-3-2-3 fingering. 67-68: I don't anchor green for the O note, but keep it anchored the rest of the time. I just find it easier. The fingering here should be fairly obvious- first position, either anchoring or not anchoring. Downstrum this, too, if you can. 84: This is an annoying place to choke when going for an FC. Downstrum all of this, hammering-on the red note and pulling-off for the green note. This comes up again, so watch out.
....Song Comments: An easy song. This is another song that probably shouldn't be in Guitar Hero, but hey, whatever.

........Take This Life
....Pass Difficulty: 9/10
....Difficult Sections:
........-- Measures 3-8, 10, 20-23, 36, 53-58, 59-60, 73-76, 133-136
............ 3-8: The infamous strummed trills. These are much, much harder than they look, so pay attention! You can either use 1-2 fingering on these or 2-3 fingering. I suppose 3-4 fingering is also technically possible, but not advisable. The other big thing here is whether or not you should anchor the yellow note. This is all up to personal preference- I don't, but do whatever you have too do. Also, unless have a lot of stamina and can downstrum very fast, these must be alt. strummed. For the little hammer-on sequence at the end, I would recommend using the hammer-ons. Depending on the fingering you used for the Y-B trills, you'll either be pinky sliding or using 3-4-3 fingering. Then the trills go from Y-B to R-Y. I recommend 1-2 fingering for the R-Y trills, and then jumping your index finger from Y to G for the G-R. When it goes G-R-G-R-Y-B, slide your index finger up to the Y and use 1-2 fingering, then repeat as many times as necessary. 10: For this part, start with 3-3-34 fingering, alternate strumming. Then move down with your fingering as needed; i.e. middle finger on yellow, index finger on red (in other words, second position). One thing to remember here is to not hold down the chorded notes for too long, otherwise the non-chorded notes afterwards will get registered as chords, causing you to miss the note. 20-23: This part can be downstrummed, but it's difficult. Play this in first position, alt. or downstrumming. When it moves to the Y-O part, I recommend sliding up to third position and playing ti from there, but second position is also possible (however, awkward). Then slide back down to R-B with your index and ring fingers for the R-B part. 36: This is a pretty easy hammer-on sequence; strum the first red note, and then finger it 1-1-2-3-4-3-2. Remember to strum the yellow note that comes right after. 53-58: Alternate strum these chords, using 1-4 fingering and sliding down. For the single green notes, lift your pinky finger off the blue button and keep strumming at the same rhythm. 59-60: 2-3, 1-2, 1-2 fingering is what I recommend, but 3-4, 2-3, 1-2 is also another good method. Keep alternate strumming at the same pace as before. 73-76: First position, keeping the green note held down the whole time. There are two big problems people have with this section: Stretching their pinky for the G-O chords, and lifting their fingers off the chorded notes soon enough after playing. Remember- as soon as you have played the chord, lift your finger off that button, but keep your index finger firmly down. For fingering, use 1-3 for the G-Y chords, and 1-4 for the G-B and G-O chords. When it moves up to R-Y, R-B, R-O, move your index finger up and play it from second position. For the Y-O, R-B, G-Y chords that come at the end of bar 76, use 1-3, 1-3, 1-3 fingering. If you're having trouble hitting these chords, try ignoring the sustains and just hitting the chords straight on. 133-136: A weird rhythm with oddly placed strums. I recommend using the hammer-ons, unless you are partial to strumming. Play this from 1st position, sliding your index finger to the red note for the G-R-Y-B-O at the end of bar 136. Pay close close attention to where the strums are here.
....Song Comments: There are much better In Flames songs they could have chosen for this game. This one has no solo and the strummed trills are just annoying.
....Other Helpful Guides: Take This Life - Expert - Complete Guide

..Difficulty Charts

This the recommended order in which to go for FC's of the bonus songs. They are sorted by game.

....Guitar Hero II
........Green= XBOX360 Exclusive Track

1. Mr. Fix It
2. Parasite
3. Soy Bomb
4. Radium Eyes
5. Yes We Can
6. Red Lottery
7. Elephant Bones
8. Laughtrack
9. X-Stream
10. Collide
11. The New Black
12. Raw Dog
13. One For The Road
14. Drink Up
15. Less Talk More Rokk
16. FTK
17. Kicked To The Curb
18. Push Push (Lady Lightning)
19. Thunderhorse
20. Arterial Black
21. The Light That Blinds
22. Fall Of Pangea
23. Gemini
24. Six
25. Trogdor
26. Jordan

....Guitar Hero III

1. Closer
2. Radio Song
3. Metal Heavy Lady
4. Generation Rock
5. Ruby
6. Can't Be Saved
7. Prayer Of The Refugee
8. She Bangs The Drums
9. Avalancha
10. Hier Kommt Alex
11. Minus Celsius
12. In Love
13. Go That Far
14. I'm In The Band
15. In The Belly Of A Shark
16. My Curse
17. Mauvais Garcon
18. Down N' Dirty
19. Impulse
20. Take This Life
21. Nothing For Me Here
22. Don't Hold Back
23. F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X.
24. The Way It Ends
25. Through The Fire And Flames

..Conclusion

....Thanks

The following users are awesome:

• zsjostrom35
  • TheThirdDay
  • ShadowDude27
  • Yewb
  • mninp
  • Ultimateaggie12
  • CoolMotion
  • smackdown85146
  • NovaXD
  • unimportant196
  • GHAddict
  • laupow17
  • jesse0986
  • TheAftershock

Those users have all helped me in one way or another... you can be added to that list to if you help me fix an error or something similar.

The following guides were used in the making of this guide:

Check out my other guides!

....Version History

........26 (Thurs.Oct.15/09)- Added 'In Love', and changed Guitar Hero III FC list slightly.

........25 (Wed.Oct.14/09)- Added 'Avalancha'.

........25 (Mon.Oct.12/09)- Added 'Prayer of the Refugee', changed thread title slightly, and added TheAftershock to the awesome users list. First update in a while, I know! Sorry!

........24 (Wed.Jul.1/09)- Added 'Radio Song.'

........23 (Sun.Jun.28/09)- Sorry about yesterday's lack of an update- I was busy . Added 'Take This Life.'

........22 (Fri.Jun.26/09)- Added 'Generation Rock', and added jesse0986 to the awesome users list.

........21 (Thurs.Jun.25/09)- Added 'Metal Heavy Lady', and will now be updating this guide daily.

........20 (Wed.Jun.24/09)- 20 updates! I added a guide for 'Can't Be Saved', edited the Guitar Hero II FC list slightly, and added GHAddict and laupow17 to the awesome users list.

........19 (Tues.Jun.23/09)- First update for a while- sorry, I've been busy! Wrote a 'Don't Hold Back' guide, and also corrected the spelling of the entire document!

........18 (Wed.Oct.15/08)- Due to the amount of Minus Celsius threads that pop up every day, I wrote a guide for it!

........18 (Mon.Oct.6/08)- Happy October everybody! I was also in a humorous mood, so I wrote a guide for 'Closer'. Check it out! I also fixed some errors and added some things in.

........17 (Mon.Sept.30/08)- Okay, I started on the Guitar Hero III guides- I added 'In The Belly Of A Shark'.

........17 (Mon.Sept.22/08)- I added 'The Light That Blinds', and with that, Guitar Hero II is completely done! I only have Guitar Hero III left to do. I'm more then halfway there!

........16 (Sun.Sept.21/08)- I added 'The New Black'. I will probably finish off Guitar Hero II tonight with 'The Light That Blinds'. If not, however, I will finish it by the end of next week.

........15 (Mon.Sept.15/08)- I didn't finish Guitar Hero II by the end of the weekend, but it will (hopefully) be done by the end of the week. I added 'Laughtrack', leaving two songs, 'The New Black', and 'The Light That Blinds' left to be guided.

........14 (Fri.Sept.12/08)- I added 'Soy Bomb'. I will hopefully have Guitar Hero II done by the end of the weekend.

........13 (Sun.Sept.7/08)- I added 'Six'.

........12 (Thurs.Sept.4/08)- Sorry about the wait between updates, but school started, so I've been kind of busy. Anyway, I added 'One For The Road'.

........11 (Sat.Aug.30/08)- I added 'Less Talk More Rokk', also edited the FC Guide for Guitar Hero II slightly, and added zjostrom's and CoolMotion's method's for Trogdor and Arterial Black, respectively.

........10 (Thurs.Aug.28/08)- Ten updates! I added 'X-Stream'.

........9 (Wed.Aug.27/08)- My goal is to get Guitar Hero II completely done before school starts on Septemeber 2nd. Today, I added two guides: 'Fall Of Pangea' and 'Red Lottery'.

........8 (Tues.Aug.26/08)- Added a 'Mr. Fix It' guide.

........7 (Sun.Aug.24/08)- Added a 'Trogdor' guide. TROGDOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

........6 (Fri.Aug.22/08)- Added a 'Parasite' guide.

........5 (Thurs.Aug.21/08)- Added a 'Push Push (Lady Lightning)' guide.

........4 (Wed.Aug.20/08)- This is probably my last update for the day... 'Drink Up' was added, so the XBOX360 exclusive tracks are now finished (both of them ).

........3 (Wed.Aug.20/08)- Added 'Yes We Can' guide.

........2 (Wed.Aug.20/08)- I added a guide to Thunderhorse. I think I'm going to do all the Guitar Hero II songs first, then move on to Guitar Hero III.

........1 (Wed.Aug.20/08)- First post. Currently guided songs are: Raw Dog, Arterial Black, Collide, Elephant Bones, FTK, Gemini, Kicked To The Curb, Radium Eyes, Jordan, and Nothing For Me Here. Difficulty charts are done, added thanks, version histroy, and end note sections.

....End Note

........Thanks for reading this guide! This guide is constantly being updated, so check back periodically to see updates. Thanks again! [/url]

[X] Top 100 in a song (Soothsayer - #32)
..... (Exo Politics - #99)

The Ultimate Bonus Songs Guide
Anatomizing The Cliffs Of Dover - 5* & FC Guide
Beast And The Harlot - Expert - 5* Guide
Stricken Guide v.1.1

Last edited by -Magnum- on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:36 pm; edited 53 times in total
FATCH0  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job man. This should be stickied when you get it complete.
ChrisBlak  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is guide will be helpful as hell once its completed. Good work so far.
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FATCH0 wrote:
Good job man. This should be stickied when you get it complete.

ChrisBlak wrote:
This is guide will be helpful as hell once its completed. Good work so far.

Thanks for the compliments, guys. I added Thunderhorse and may add one more today.

Stricken Guide v.1.1
Unimportant196  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also second the sticky when it's complete. It really should be helpful when it's done

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that will take a lot of work. Kudos to you man. Can't wait to see when you're done. Mabey I might learn an extra trick or two to help me actually hit things more consistantly.

I third the sticky.
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy amazing guide, Batman! This must have taken an ass-load of work! I'm still in the process of reading through through it, but so far I really like what I see. And it's very well formatted, so I also have to give you props for that.

I only have one question: FC and 5* difficulty; are they affected by the pass difficulty in any way? Because I think they are, but don't think they should be. Take Jordan for example: ridiculously hard to pass, but if you can pass it, the 5* is not very tough. All you need to do is hit the verse riff. You feel me?

Also, let's take Laid to Rest (Not a bonus song, I know, but a good example nonetheless.). It's quite a difficult pass (Maybe a 7?), and even harder of a 5* (8 perhaps?), but if you can get down the few repeating riffs, the FC is actually pretty simple; maybe as low as a 4.

Take my suggestion into consideration, that's all I ask.

SnowLeopard wrote:
I third the sticky.

Fourth. I'm still in shock as to how outstanding this is...

EDIT: I agree, I am awesome.
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:
Holy amazing guide, Batman! This must have taken an ass-load of work! I'm still in the process of reading through through it, but so far I really like what I see. And it's very well formatted, so I also have to give you props for that.

Thanks, man!

TheThirdDay wrote:
I only have one question: FC and 5* difficulty; are they affected by the pass difficulty in any way? Because I think they are, but don't think they should be. Take Jordan for example: ridiculously hard to pass, but if you can pass it, the 5* is not very tough. All you need to do is hit the verse riff. You feel me?

Yeah, the Jordan difficulty measures are kind of a joke, but yeah, on certain songs, the 5*/FC difficulty is affected by the pass difficulty.

TheThirdDay wrote:
Take my suggestion into consideration, that's all I ask.

Suggestion noted. I will take into consideration as I update this.

TheThirdDay wrote:
Fourth. I'm still in shock as to how outstanding this is...

Thanks! That's awesome to hear!

TheThirdDay wrote:
EDIT: I agree, I am awesome.

Yep.

Stricken Guide v.1.1
Peekay  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great guide, a lot of information- the second I saw it I thought it looked like that Ultimate Guitar Hero II thread, then you said that thread inspired you I was like, haha should of known. I love the format, nothing beats it, plus you're updating yours unlike the non-updated Ultimate Guitar Hero II thread :/. Anyways, I fifth the notion of having this stickied, going to help a lot of people. I will be using it for sure, good luck .
zsjostrom35  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it's clear you put a lot of time and effort into this so far; the final product should be an amazing resource.

Judging by what happened to the last two Ultimate Guides, though, I'd like to give you a bit of advice: do not be afraid to ask for help if you feel like you're burning out on this; neither of those last two got finished and nobody here wants that to happen to this one. Please don't take this the wrong way, because you've done a great job with what you already have and I certainly don't intend to question your resolve. Just know that many people (myself included) are ready and willing to help if you ever feel like you need it.

-Magnum- wrote:
TheThirdDay wrote:

Yeah, the Jordan difficulty measures are kind of a joke, but yeah, on certain songs, the 5*/FC difficulty is affected by the pass difficulty.

I'm going to have to side with TheThirdDay on this; I think the rankings become less meaningful when they don't stand independent of each other. Looking through your list so far, for example, I only see one song that is deemed harder to pass than it is to five-star and only two songs that are more difficult to five-star than they are to FC. While I could understand this on an absolute scale (obviously it's harder to five-star a song than it is to pass it), it probably makes more sense to rank them with respect to difficulty of performing the same feat on a different song rather than performing a different feat on the same song.

I hope that made sense.

On the topic of joke rankings, though, I vote OVER 9000!!!!! for TtFaF FC difficulty.
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian
ShadowDude27  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap dude. How long did that take you? 79 hours? This is going to be amazing when it's done.

I agree this should have a sticky.

zsjostrom35 wrote:
Judging by what happened to the last two Ultimate Guides, though, I'd like to give you a bit of advice: do not be afraid to ask for help if you feel like you're burning out on this; neither of those last two got finished and nobody here wants that to happen to this one. Please don't take this the wrong way, because you've done a great job with what you already have and I certainly don't intend to question your resolve. Just know that many people (myself included) are ready and willing to help if you ever feel like you need it.
Yes. I will also be of assistance if you need me. Drop me a PM if you need my help.

Last edited by ShadowDude27 on Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zsjostrom35 wrote:
...do not be afraid to ask for help if you feel like you're burning out on this; ... Just know that many people (myself included) are ready and willing to help if you ever feel like you need it.

Yeah, I don't wanna see that happening. You know zsj and me have your back on this. Just make the call.

zsjostrom35 wrote:
On the topic of joke rankings, though, I vote OVER 9000!!!!! for TtFaF FC difficulty.

/shakes head angrily
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zsjostrom35 wrote:
...do not be afraid to ask for help if you feel like you're burning out on this; ... Just know that many people (myself included) are ready and willing to help if you ever feel like you need it.

TheThirdDay wrote:
Yeah, I don't wanna see that happening. You know zsj and me have your back on this. Just make the call.

ShadowDude27 wrote:
Yes. I will also be of assistance if you need me. Drop me a PM if you need my help.

Thanks for all the support, guys. If I need any help I'll Pm you.

zsjostrom35 wrote:

It may just happen.

'Drink Up' was added, in case anyone wanted to know.

Stricken Guide v.1.1
Beedlebub  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though not a lot of people play it, adding GH1 would be good, if you have it. Good guide though. I don't really know about a sticky though (No offence, just my opinion).

God damnit.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RudiganRex PSN Name: Beedlebub-
ApE  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing guide, keep working on it. Although I don't agree with Jordan having a pass and difficulty of 11/10. That's just plain silly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: