ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wii Audio Output Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hasuprotoss  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot, my game (and probably faceplate) is on its way back to me! Can't wait to finally have it back (and hopefully we see some DLC in the near future...)
5*:
Knights of Cydonia [X] (Achieved: 12/04/07)
Raining Blood [ ]
Number of the Beast [X] (Achieved: 12/21/07)
Beat TTFAF [X] (Achieved: 04/02/08)
Codyksp  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what's the deal with Europe ?
CPURules  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hasuprotoss wrote:
Woot, my game (and probably faceplate) is on its way back to me! Can't wait to finally have it back (and hopefully we see some DLC in the near future...)

Our faceplate came a week or so after our game did :P Nice to see that I wasn't the only one to get one lulz.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CPURules PSN Name: CPURules Wii Friend Code: 128972220998
x0WAx  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, despite the fact that Neversoft suffers from homosexuality,
(SERIOUSLY!! HOW DO YOU SCREW UP THE AUDIO ON A MUSIC GAME!!!)
I just mailed my game today.
I just hope it doesn't take the full 3-4 weeks.
I'm gonna have some serious GH withdrawl.
I really hope a get a faceplate like everyone else.

47/47 GH Expert
64/64 GH II Expert
30/30 GH:80s Expert
69/70 GH III Expert
Klaww  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViPeR6 wrote:
SilverSwift wrote:
ViPeR6 wrote:
Goose wrote:
I'd rather have DLC, to be honest.

And this has been news for about a month.

^ = my post exactly. What's the point of posting this? This only makes me worry about no DLC section even more bc it wasnt announced here.

Because Neversoft want to avoid difficult questions; I don't think that they have a specific timescale on when DLC is actually going to be released (perhaps because it may be largely out of their hands, and actually mainly lies with Nintendo...). Still, they could have at least said something about the DLC other than 'Q1', and no mention of whether Europe will be getting it any later or at the same time.

What Neversoft is showing with this update really, is that they want to avoid lawsuits. Noones gonna sue them for DLC, youd have no case. The mono-sound issue however, you do have a big case with.

Its definitley frustrating, IMO, to see this before DLC.

And this topic isnt really an "update", its just basically telling us what we knew, and confirmation and relief that the disc is happening.
Just so you know, nintendo is launching wiiware over summer, which is games that are released over wifi, sorta like the live arcade, except original games. Since they will have that technology ready by then, expect it soon after that

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean I feel bad for the Wii people, but I really couldn't do as much griping as some people did.

I bought my PS2 from a friend with the video jack and only one of the audio jacks on the AV cable intact. So from then on i've played on mono on all games, and I've gotten used to it.

But it's still not as great as my 360's surround sound
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Xtremeskipper
TheDave  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

netsandcolts wrote:
I mean I feel bad for the Wii people, but I really couldn't do as much griping as some people did.

I bought my PS2 from a friend with the video jack and only one of the audio jacks on the AV cable intact. So from then on i've played on mono on all games, and I've gotten used to it.

It probably would not have been so bad had they not made Wii customers return their disc with NOTHING to play on while they took "3-4" weeks to send customers out the new one.
But of course Craptivision handled it piss poorly at best...

What is really disappointing is that there is still no DLC (and probably won't be). They really need to announce DLC's availability as a launch partner for WiiWare... desperately.
And do it NOW (already!).
No DLC for Rock Band is just another abortion of a decision too... Who are these complete idiots running these companies, and WTF are they thinking? Are they allergic to money? Do they not see how popular DLC has been for the xbox?
And don't you people dare say no hard drive space either. You know nothing! People who want it, can get a 2GB SD card for cheap, and have tons of space for that junk. Games can already access the SD directly too, been proven multiple times (Excite Truck, SSBB, probably others too).

I am seriously considering getting a 360 now.
Mostly so I can play both GH2, and have some DLC (Rock Band DLC too).

It is just another piss poor decision to not port all of the GH games over to other systems too. They would sell! Oh well...

Wha??? No Expert scores on SH? a few reasons on my wiki page

My Custom made WIRELESS X-Plorer!
My Custom Painted WIRELESS X-Plorer #2! YES, I really made two of them
ynomrah  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDave wrote:
netsandcolts wrote:

It probably would not have been so bad had they not made Wii customers return their disc with NOTHING to play on while they took "3-4" weeks to send customers out the new one.

What is really disappointing is that there is still no DLC (and probably won't be). They really need to announce DLC's availability as a launch partner for WiiWare... desperately.
And do it NOW (already!)
No DLC for Rock Band is just another abortion of a decision too... Who are these complete idiots running these companies, and WTF are they thinking? Are they allergic to money? Do they not see how popular DLC has been for the xbox?
And don't you people dare say no hard drive space either. You know nothing! People who want it, can get a 2GB SD card for cheap, and have tons of space for that junk. Games can already access the SD directly too, been proven multiple times (Excite Truck, SSBB, probably others too).

It is just another piss poor decision to not port all of the GH games over to other systems too. They would sell! Oh well...

quite frankly its nintendo fault. its not activision fault nintendo has no space on its system. even tho wiiware is coming out there prolly wont still be dlc. nintendo just seems to handle things very poorly. consider ssbb for example. wats the point of me playing online if i cant communicate with people. why should i have to run back and forth to my pc jsut to ask someone are they ready? pokemon for the ds even has fucking voice chat in the game. so theres no excuse. nintendo never fails to disappoint on some level or another.

but yea whoever buys rock band for wii, just got owned.....
Gotsmack  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ynomrah wrote:
TheDave wrote:
netsandcolts wrote:

And do it NOW (already!)

quite frankly its nintendo fault. its not activision fault nintendo has no space on its system. even tho wiiware is coming out there prolly wont still be dlc. nintendo just seems to handle things very poorly. consider ssbb for example. wats the point of me playing online if i cant communicate with people. why should i have to run back and forth to my pc jsut to ask someone are they ready? pokemon for the ds even has fucking voice chat in the game. so theres no excuse. nintendo never fails to disappoint on some level or another.

Nintendo has always been a step behind the other consoles, but it's been their marketing strategy for a long time. Since PS1, all major consoles were CD based while Nintendo continued to create cartridges for the N64. It wasn't until the Gamecube was released before they used cds - and those cds were half the size of anything else.

The Wii was designed purposely to be less powerful than the 360 and PS3, but was still reasonably priced in comparison. They still market their games to the same demographics. It's noone's fault but the consumer as to which system they choose. Its true a lot of players will default to the less expensive, but you get what you pay for.

In my opinion, its not Nintendo, the publishers, or development studios. They work with that they can, and in the Wii's case, are much more limited than 360 and PS3. If you don't like it, you KNOW you need to buy a new system. It won't change until Wii releases a hard drive which will probably make the total package as much as a 360.
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotsmack wrote:
ynomrah wrote:
TheDave wrote:
netsandcolts wrote:

And do it NOW (already!)

Nintendo has always been a step behind the other consoles, but it's been their marketing strategy for a long time. Since PS1, all major consoles were CD based while Nintendo continued to create cartridges for the N64. It wasn't until the Gamecube was released before they used cds - and those cds were half the size of anything else.

The Wii was designed purposely to be less powerful than the 360 and PS3, but was still reasonably priced in comparison. They still market their games to the same demographics. It's noone's fault but the consumer as to which system they choose. Its true a lot of players will default to the less expensive, but you get what you pay for.

In my opinion, its not Nintendo, the publishers, or development studios. They work with that they can, and in the Wii's case, are much more limited than 360 and PS3. If you don't like it, you KNOW you need to buy a new system. It won't change until Wii releases a hard drive which will probably make the total package as much as a 360.

To bad you still can't understand Nintendo proabaly ISN'T making a hard drive.... Nope they Aren't Wiiware uses the Wii's SD card and/or the Wii's Internal Memory.. Unless GH3's Packs are lower than 10MB's you will proabaly have to buy a SD card to save the packs...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
RainMan2000  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my faceplate a week after I received the remastered Guitar Hero III disc. I was pleasantly surprised.

Goals:
Beat Lou on Hard [X]
Tiki Guitar [ ]
5* TTFAF Medium [ ]
Beat every song on Hard [X]
Beat every song on Expert [ ]
Romanczuk  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to bump an ancient thread, but I still don't have anything. I thought this offer terminated on the 30th right? Will I still get a disc if it takes them past the 30th to send it out? I sent my disc back in the beginning of August.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
WhammyHappy  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my disc back and it worked fine but then my wii couldn't read it anymore after 3 days. Ive been using a "backup" for the last few months

Guitars Ive owned and had problems with: 9
# that have worked: 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: