freerangehuman  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a problem....
When I attempt to open the feedback.exe, all I get is a black "fuji window"
Not sure what I'm doing wrong
Any help?
DOOManiac  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For whatever reason "Fuji Window" is the caption of the window for Feedback. And it does have a black background.

You're extracting the zip, right? With directories preserved (should be a single "songs" directory w/ 1 chart file in it)
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mount Fuji is the name of the engine I believe. I extracted the archive and ran that .exe and it runs fine, didn't have to change or set anything up. So if you did the same and it just shows up black, make sure your video drivers are up to date.
thenightwatch  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just made a chart for Blood and Thunder by Mastadon. The band definetely didn't record with a click track, as they change tempo for almost every separate part, and they speed up and slow down quite a bit through parts as well. This program made syncing incredibly easy though, and I've almost got the entire thing synced up already.

Question, though... am I just missing something, or is there no support for sustains or star power yet?

Do you believe in rock & roll?
Can music save your mortal soul?

My custom songs
daUbern00b  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And yeah, like TurkeyMan said, I've added support for his song format in ghex, so it'll be included in the upcoming release

Will this include both import/export functionality kata?

Read my blog for opinions on Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and more!
FallenSeraph  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, this is awesome. i just started getting into this custom song stuff and i think this is the perfect time to start making charts because of this program. Just waiting for GHEx support.

thenightwatch wrote:
Question, though... am I just missing something, or is there no support for sustains or star power yet?

i don't think there is star power support.

But to do sustains you go to where you want to start the hold note and then hold down whatever note/chord you want and then use the arrow keys to drag the hold to whatever length you want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FallenSeraph214
katamakel  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daUbern00b wrote:
Will this include both import/export functionality kata?

I only have import planned/implemented.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good chart editor, but need adaptation to use it, i hope it will better in next version.
thenightwatch  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using the editor for 7 hours now. Nearly completed another song, and it's pretty sweet so far. But working on the song gave me another good idea for something to implement, which should be fairly easy to do: support for a different lead track in co-op, ala Freebird, Arterial Black, Jessica, etc.

Oh, and after using this thing even more, I've gotta say I'm even more impressed with it. Now I just have to wait (im)patiently for GHex support.

Do you believe in rock & roll?
Can music save your mortal soul?

My custom songs
deadite  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freerangehuman wrote:
Having a problem....
Any help?

i'm having the same problem. i know its not my drivers because they are up to date.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: SinfulGuitar PSN Name: Deadite77 Wii Friend Code: 0767029532352335
Gikkman  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurkeyMan wrote:

I only read .ogg vorbis files at the moment.. I couldn't find a non-GPL MP3 decoder lib (If anyone knows of one, please let me know)..

Not quite sure I understand what you are looking for, but maybe this is of some use.
If not, sorry for taking the time.
TurkeyMan  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electrofalcon wrote:
However, I seem to have a problem with the text- within FeedBack, the input setup, and the input test, all the characters appear as mangled fragmented blocks. The graphics and sound work fine. Is there anything that I need to do with my system setup (Windows XP) to get the fonts to work? Thanks a lot!

Sounds like one of the inevitable PC compatibility bugs I was bound to run in to
Can you tell me what video card you are running?
Also, check you have the latest drivers for your card, and a recent directx. Sometimes modern directx releases screw up with older driver revisions that they didn't test against..
DX runtime found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4b1f5d0c-5e44-4864-93cd-464ef59da050&displaylang=en
This is the Feb 07 release, so very recent..

If problems persist, please PM or MSN me, I might need you to do some tests for me

freerangehuman wrote:
Having a problem....
Any help?

Assuming the data was properly extracted and in the proper place, this may be a bug.. See above..

DOOManiac wrote:
The font is pretty hard to read sometimes. I'd suggest a more normal, cleaner font. Verdana or something.

A few people have said that.. I will change it (though against my will )

Quote:
It'd be nice to do things with the mouse instead of all keyboard. A toolbar is a must, as those are a lot of shortcut keys to remember, and functionality is only going to expand from here

I have no plans to add mouse support. I like it just how it is .. Although I'll look to do a clearer interface with more icons and stuff. (As I've said loads of times, I really need some artists to help out though)

Quote:
I know this is a personal preference thing, but I think the visual feel of it should look more like a tool and less like a game. I know you eventually want to have a full game out of this, but even then the editor interface should be different than the game interface.

What do you suggest? I kinda like it.. :/

Quote:
Maximized view doesn't play well with 1280x1024. In 3D view the time signatures and tempo changes to the side are cut off. In horizontal view the center bar thing is displayed offscreen to the left.

Everyone in the world has had plenty of time to buy a widescreen display by now ;) .. But i'll add a narrow screen option at some point. Along with proper fullscreen.

Your unsupported adapter, you can submit a mapping by attaching a regular PS2 gamepad to the adapter and running InputMapper.exe and following the on screen prompts.. Be sure to enter the names for stuff when it asks you to, or else i will have no idea what its referring to.. I'll take the mapping and it'll be in the next release. Use the PS2 pad to build the mapping since it has all the buttons present. Provided that's correct, the guitar controller will be correct too.
I don't really like user defined mappings, I'd rather they run the program I provide to generate the mapping, then I can validate it, and it will be in the next release for everyone with that hardware.

You can know if you have an unsupported gamepad by running the InputTest.exe tool, and if it is listed as 'Unknown Gamepad', please submit a proper mapping for it.. If it is a recognised gamepad, but the inputs are wrong, please let me know.
Bizarbus  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like this could truly evolve into an awesome tool. I've made a few songs via midi now, and here are some suggestions/things I would find useful.

1. An option, able to turn on and off, that clicks, or beeps, or something, as each note is hit. I sometimes find it difficult in GHEX to line up the visual with the audio. If there were a way to make the input notes actually create some sort of sound alongside the actual song, I would find it much easier to synchronize everything by ear.

2. As was mentioned before, I agree that this looks a little too much like a game and not enough like an editing tool. I also often wish I could edit directly in GHEX... I love the interface on that. I wouldn't directly copy it into an editing tool, but I think it's a good visual to keep in mind if you do so decide to change it to look more like an editor... Just think about editing the song directly in GHEX.

3. Mentioned before already, but I agree... mouse support, tool bar, etc. I would liken what I would like to see to the functionality of a midi editor (I personally really like Finale... but that's pretty much an aside) in a GH setting.

4. I agree about the font (-:

If I were an artist I would help, unfortunately all I can really offer are just a few opinions. I'm really looking to seeing how this evolves and future releases. For now, I'll be sticking to my guns in Tabit, Anvil, and Midi Maestro, but that could definately change with future releases of this baby.
herniated-discs  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This editor looks awesome! Much kudos to you, Turkey. I finally have the proper motivation to start my own creation But one question, is SP possible? Or would I have to add it in another program (like Anvil, etc). Thanks for your much appreciated work! J
TurkeyMan  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

herniated-discs wrote:
Is SP possible? Or would I have to add it in another program (like Anvil, etc). Thanks for your much appreciated work! J

SP is coming in the next revision. Among a few other things (text events, etc)...
You could also add it in a midi editor if you like..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 170, 171, 172  Next
Page 2 of 172

Jump to: