ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Custom Songs Database + Integration with CustomHero.net
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
microgamer2vs2  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't get mids of previous guitar hero games because those are official charts property of HMX therefore scorehero will not redistribute them for free (in similar news, scorehero doesn't host custom charts of songs already in a GH or RB game).
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
kilder  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess a neat addition to the database would be having the option to rate you chart's difficulty (the "hardness" of the chart).
Alot of charters can't really tell exactly in which tier their chart would've been placed had it been in any of the official games, so it would be much simpler just having to choose from a few given options, like when submitting tab in Ultimate-Guitar.
For example:

Novice (Tiers 1-3)
Intermediate (Tiers 4-6)
Skilled (7-8)
Master (8+)

The charter would pick the fitting option when sumbitting the chart.

These are just examples of course and if the admins choose to use this method I persume they would pick titles that fit in their opinion.

This would help people screen out charts that might be too difficult or too easy when downloading and composing a setlist for their custom disk.
Also, people would be able to search for charts according to their GH skills.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to remove a chart of yours from the CustomHero queue?

EDIT: I'm going to go ahead and facepalm myself, 'cause I just checked and there's a big shiny "delete" button. >_<
stephencraigen  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't search properly at customhero.net...if i click browse only about 10 charts come up...what am I doing wrong?
inimitable  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stephencraigen wrote:
i can't search properly at customhero.net...if i click browse only about 10 charts come up...what am I doing wrong?

Nothing. That's all CH has hosted.

The ScoreHero database is here.

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
JTKrupa  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Am I missing something? Reply with quote

OK, either I have seriously missed something or am just having one of those "I'm an idiot" moments, but I'm having the same results as stephencraigen, and when I click the link provided by inimitable, it takes me to the Scorehero home page...nothing anywhere indicating custom songs unless I dive into the forums and even then I can't find any real organized listing.

Where is this glorious queryable database? I'm not finding anything...earlier back it mentions
Home page>look all the way to the right>Custom Songs

I'm guessing one of a few things:
1 - its hiding behind the link to scorehero rock band
2 - its really really small
3 - it doesn't exist anymore (in which case you'd have a riot I imagine)
or
4 - I'm not on the right page
5 - something else

Can someone please help me figure out which of the above it the case so I can peruse the custom stuff and maybe submit a couple of my own eventually?

Thanks!
microgamer2vs2  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you're signed in to your account.

Also here's a link directly to the database http://www.scorehero.com/custom_songs.php
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
JTKrupa  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks microgamer!

I was being an idiot...I have multiple pages from the site open in different tabs in my browser and the one that I was trying to find the link in was the ONLY ONE that I wasn't logged in under...guess its a finicky site w/ respect to login...

Thanks again!
GHRBEXrocker  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: AHH CONFUSING! Reply with quote

yo

i made a custom chart with dB...

i tried to submit it to SH, but i was unsure about what to put in the 'file url' column.

do i have to post my chart to a website somehow?
microgamer2vs2  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, upload to a site like savefile or megaupload

btw, SH doesn't resize your avatar automatically so you should think about changing it
hanrahan38  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Where is the link? Reply with quote

Where is the link to the custom songs database?
Beedlebub  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Where is the link? Reply with quote

hanrahan38 wrote:
Where is the link to the custom songs database?
http://www.scorehero.com/custom_songs.php

God damnit.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RudiganRex PSN Name: Beedlebub-
Guitarheroshero  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

microgamer2vs2 wrote:
Phr34k wrote:
As several others have mentioned, personal life issues have greatly slowed down the progress of this project. The main problem is that most of the chnet staff are also scorehero staff.

Now, as far as adding new reviewers. elx and I have been going through some ideas on how to recruit reviewers in an application process that will allow us to easily find reviewers that meet the standards. Give us a few more days to iron out those wrinkles and I will post up how that process will work.
That was the last word on the state of customhero (taken from this post). So I wouldn't call CH down and out just yet.

There down and out. I doubt that they will ever come back. CustomHero would be so big right now if they would have only stuck to it. I still have 3 customs waiting for approval. And its been 5 months or maybe even more since there last approval. Im deeply disappointed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pumped for custom hero only to find out that it's basically been a dropped project.
dehydratedWater  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant find the custom song section in the main menu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: