ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Official GHWT SP Discussion Thread | READ UPDATED OP!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoorayItsMike wrote:
Just wondering...why .26 instead of .25?
In GH3, GHA, and presumably GHWT, 7.75 beats of whammy equaled a quarter bar, or 2 measures.

Therefore by proportion, 7.75 / 2 = 1 / x, to determine how many measures one beat of whammy is worth. 7.75x = 2, so x = 2 / 7.75, or 0.258064516129... etc. I just round to .26 for simplicity's sake, you could essentially round to .25 and be just as accurate save a couple small squeezes.
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PieGuy wrote:
HoorayItsMike wrote:
Just wondering...why .26 instead of .25?
In GH3, GHA, and presumably GHWT, 7.75 beats of whammy equaled a quarter bar, or 2 measures.

Therefore by proportion, 7.75 / 2 = 1 / x, to determine how many measures one beat of whammy is worth. 7.75x = 2, so x = 2 / 7.75, or 0.258064516129... etc. I just round to .26 for simplicity's sake, you could essentially round to .25 and be just as accurate save a couple small squeezes.

Alright, I understand it now. Thanks! I also have another Schism Expert Path. If you could double check that one for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

NfskMjmMal2 wrote:
HoorayItsMike wrote:
If I have 2 beats of whammy, how long does that last in 3/4 measure? (Like the one we're talking about)

Time signature doesn't matter. Assuming you have 2 beats of whammy between 2 star power phrases, star power would last 4.533333... measures.
If that's 2 beats between 3 phrases, then it would last for 6.53333.... measures.

But I like to measure it in beats instead of measures, so essentially it's a little more than 1.5 beats in a 3/4 measure. Thank you for the input, though.

Last edited by HoorayItsMike on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Hooray its Mike
NfskMjmMal2  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoorayItsMike wrote:
If I have 2 beats of whammy, how long does that last in 3/4 measure? (Like the one we're talking about)

Time signature doesn't matter. Assuming you have 2 beats of whammy between 2 star power phrases, star power would last 4.533333... measures.
If that's 2 beats between 3 phrases, then it would last for 6.53333.... measures.
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NfskMjmMal2 wrote:
HoorayItsMike wrote:

Are you using the .266666666 value from GH2 (i.e., 7.5 beats = 2 measures)? That's what I used to use for GH3 but I'm pretty sure it's inaccurate (unless WT goes by that same system of whammy, which I haven't heard one way or the other).

Mike, all the activation lengths on your latest path seem right. Good job.
NfskMjmMal2  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PieGuy wrote:
Are you using the .266666666 value from GH2 (i.e., 7.5 beats = 2 measures)? That's what I used to use for GH3 but I'm pretty sure it's inaccurate (unless WT goes by that same system of whammy, which I haven't heard one way or the other).

I came up with a system to calculate star power length in measures from beats of whammying, using information from the Scoring System FAQ thread compiled by JCirri.

I wrote:
Let's say that between two star power phrases, you have 6.5 beats of whammy.

Multiply 6.5 (number of beats) by 0.03333333333.... (Because you get 3.3333...% of the meter per beat of whammy.

You should get .21666666......

Take that number, and add 0.5 to it. (actually hitting both star power phrases will get you 50% of the meter)

You now have .7166666.....

Take that number, and multiply it by 8 (full star power lasts 8 measures, and you've figured out that you have 71.6666666% of the meter filled)

You now have 5.733333.....

That is how many measures your star power lasts, if you gained two star power phrases with a combined total of 6.5 beats of whammy.

And for (maybe) proof:

I wrote:
Now, let's say that there are exactly 15 beats of whammy between two star power phrases (so you get both phrases and 15 beats of whammy). Since two phrases = half the meter, and 15 beats of whammying = half the meter, we should have exactly a full meter. Let's test this:

(15)(.03333333....) = 0.5

0.5 + 0.5 = 1

(1)(8) = 8

You should have 8 measures of star power, which is correct.
flyingrossie  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could somebody please make a path for Never Too Late on expert?
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since the Scoring System FAQ info was compiled based on the GH2 engine (which is different from the GH3 and on engines), plus you say "15 beats = half the meter", you are indeed using the .266666 figure I mentioned:

7.5 / 2 = 1 / x, so x = .2666666
sean2490  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick Stillborn path:

2- Next Note. (No squeezing possible)
3-(+2) Trill at the start of solo. (Squeeze 8th green after solo)
2- 3rd green note. (Possible reverse tick squeeze)

I'm about to go for the fc with this, and see if it actually works.

Edit: Wow, fc on 2nd try.

Anyways I got 252914 which is about 300 points under first on scorehero.
I missed aprox 400-800 squeezing points and probably about 100-200 tick points. Looks like a pretty good path.

Last edited by sean2490 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:41 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: sean2490
NfskMjmMal2  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PieGuy wrote:
Well, since the Scoring System FAQ info was compiled based on the GH2 engine (which is different from the GH3 and on engines), plus you say "15 beats = half the meter", you are indeed using the .266666 figure I mentioned:

I don't use .266666 in any of my calculations, so I'm not sure if I am or not.
Because the engines are different, does that mean that all of my calculations so far have been incorrect?
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NfskMjmMal2 wrote:
PieGuy wrote:

I don't use .266666 in any of my calculations, so I'm not sure if I am or not.
Because the engines are different, does that mean that all of my calculations so far have been incorrect?
Well you're doing something mathematically equivalent, so it's the same thing. And it's not too much to worry about, the difference is pretty small that it's not very significant.
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PieGuy wrote:
NfskMjmMal2 wrote:
HoorayItsMike wrote:

Mike, all the activation lengths on your latest path seem right. Good job.

YES. Ok, GP69, I am officially donating my Expert Schism Path to the OP. Try it out and see how high it gets you.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to let everyone know that GH:WT songs have been integrated into the wiki. I guess from now on if you have a path, just add it to the page for that song. There's no reason we can't have multiple paths at this point, since nobody knows the optimal paths. Anyway, start adding your paths people /me goes to add his few paths.
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingrossie wrote:
Could somebody please make a path for Never Too Late on expert?

There ya go. This is a very confusing song for making an optimal path. There's a ton of different options and I doubt I chose the best ones, but it's still a pretty darn good path.

footballtom3685 wrote:
Just wanted to let everyone know that GH:WT songs have been integrated into the wiki. I guess from now on if you have a path, just add it to the page for that song. There's no reason we can't have multiple paths at this point, since nobody knows the optimal paths. Anyway, start adding your paths people /me goes to add his few paths.

Aw..I like having all of the paths in one spot until upperbound paths are released. It makes it so much easier.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do It Again Expert

Watched footballtom3685's video, then fixed his path. :P
NfskMjmMal2  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballtom3685 wrote:

I can't edit any pages. Am I supposed to leave a comment (doesn't make sense) or something else?

In the meantime, I'll just keep posting my paths here.

Redid the Hot For Teacher path so it can actually be seen. It can replace the one in the OP:

Same for the Satch Boogie path:

Scream Aim Fire Expert path:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 19 of 65

Jump to: