ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Having some problems with the drum tuner...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nexteyenate  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Having some problems with the drum tuner... Reply with quote

Everything is connected properly and I let Windows automatically install the driver for the USB Audio Device but for some reason "USB Audio Device" will not be an option on the drop down menu when i run the program. help?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone at least link me to the driver they used?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this helps, but when windows installed my drivers, it actually installed 2. the first was a "usb-midi" (i believe) driver, and the second was the "usb audio device".
bender0877  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine worked fine, I just let it do it's thing after I plugged it in. Not exactly sure how many drivers it installed, I wasn't paying attention to that. When I adjusted the sensitivity in the program, I didn't even go to the drop down, I just edited the settings for the default selection that came up, and it was the drum kit.

Add me, I'll accept.
Playing GH:WT and RB2 now
DubC  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the exact same problem. I am currently engaged in a back and forth message thread with activision trying to figure out what the problem is.
DubC  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the solution and posted it to my activision ticket:

This was actually a very difficult problem that I managed to solve by some intense searching over days. I found the post that fixed it for me here:
http://line6.com/support/thread.jspa?threadID=9089&tstart=0

Quote:
I found the solution of the problem.

It is again (i.e as many people) due to Logitech drivers and particularely the one that is automatically installed with usb audio devices like the Pocket POD. Its name is LVUSBSTA.SYS.

The problem will be solved if you follow this procedure:

1 - Go in the register of windows using "regedit"

2 - Then go into the following key:
HKEY LOCAL MACHINE /SYSTEM /CurrentControlset /Control /Class /
{6BDD1FC6-810F-11DO-BEC7-08002BE2092F}

3 - Click on this key and delete the "LowerFilters" item.

4 - Then go to the folllowing key;
HKEY LOCAL MACHINE /SYSTEM /CurrentControlset /Control /Class /
{6BDD1FC5-810F-11DO-BEC7-08002BE2092F}

5 - Click on this key and delete the "UpperFilters" item.

6 - Move back to the root of HKEY LOCAL /MACHINE /SYSTEM /CurrentControlset /Control /Class /

7 - Launch a search (i.e Ctrl F with the option to search in "Data") and type "LVUSBSTA". For any place found (only in the "Control / Class" area), just delete the "LowerFilters" item (it is the item that contain the value LVUSBSTA found).

Then when you plug your Pocket POD the MIDI ports will be now created in Windows. And when launching VYZEX the MIDI ports will be either automatically detected (or you select it manually). Everything will be working.

I hope this solution will solve the problem of others who may face the same problem. Do not hestitate to ask me questions if there are some ambiguities in my explanations and/or procedure.

Kind regards,
Fabrice

If that doesn't work, someone said it might be due to the number of MIDI devices being over the limit as in the following post (the first one worked for me though):

Quote:
Hi Tiger,

It sounds like you may be the victim of the Windows MIDI Device limit issue, which is described in detail in a number of online sources. Basically, when Windows XP has installed over a certain number of MIDI devices, that's all folks- It refuses to show any more that are installed until you delete some of the existing ones.

The catch? Windows considers ANY device you've ever connected to be a valid installed device, and it won't show you these installed (although currently unused) MIDI devices in the Device Manager EVEN IF you select the 'Show hidden devices' option. Typical. Fortunately there is a way to force Windows to be honest with you, but it involves writing a key to your registry.

NOTE: Editing your registry requires great care - You could prevent Windows from running correctly if you make any mistakes. Psicraft Designs and/or Line 6 will not be responsible if you mess up your windows installation while following this post, so take care or have a qualified friend perform the operation if in doubt.

Here is how you can check your Windows XP machine out to make sure your issues are not because of the device limit being reached: First, unplug your Pocket POD's USB cable from the computer, then follow these 10 steps...

1. Open Regedit and navigate to the System Key called:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment].
I've attached a GIF that shows what this key should generally look like (it appears as a folder), although your system may differ.

2. If there is an entry called DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES already there, make sure its value is set to 1. If the value is missing from within the Key, Right-Click over the listing and select NEW->String Value from the pop-up menu.

3. Rename the new REG_SZ (String Value) to DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES and set its value to 1. (1 = show all hidden devices, incidentally).

4. Your Registry view should now match the posted GIF in that the new key is named identically, is a REG_SZ type, and has a value of 1. Exit regedit and restart your machine.

5. On restart, open your control panel, select the system icon, select the Hardware tab in the System Properties dialog and then press the 'Device Manager' button. Now for the magic part: Open Device Manager's View menu and check the 'Show hidden devices' option.

6. With the new registry key in place, Device Manager will actually do something for a change when this option has been checked. You can now click on the 'Sound, video and game controllers' icon and you'll see all the ghost MIDI and Audio interfaces that windows has installed.

7. Delete any ghosted out 'USB Audio Device' icons you see. If you see any MIDI interface drivers for hardware you no longer own, feel free to delete these too. If you delete a ghosted driver for hardware you still own, this will not cause any harm except to require you to reinstall the drivers the next time you connect that MIDI device.

8. For good measure, click on the 'Universal Serial Bus controllers' icon and delete any ghosted USB Composite devices you see (especially if there are lots of them): This will require that Windows reinstall drivers the next time you reconnect some of your less used peripherals, but this should not be a problem.

9. Make sure that darned logitech webcam driver is not hanging around in ghost form! Delete it if you find it.

10. Now reboot and reconnect Pocket POD. Once Windows informs you the device is ready to use, launch Vyzex and see if the Pocket POD's MIDI in ports are now available.

Please let me know if this helps, and above all - Be careful in there!
Untitled001  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did everything said there and it still doesn't install any drivers for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: