ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Official GHWT SP Discussion Thread | READ UPDATED OP!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D3D  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, how come there isn't a path for "Prisoner of Society" ? That song is just way too epic.
DeepFreeze08  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jugular wrote:
Float On - Expert Path

2 - 4th RO in measure 13 to YO sustain in measure 18 (squeeze)
3(+1) - First YB in measure 40 to second Y in measure 49 (double squeeze)
3 - First G in measure 76 to last Y in measure 82

Estimated Score: 215,425

After checking Deepfreeze's video of his 213k score, I saw that we had the same path except he was missing about 800 points on his first activation which didn't require any squeezing. That second squeeze seems near impossible, and I don't think you'd be able to keep the R sustain going if you were trying to hit the note that early, so keep that in mind if you wish to go for that squeeze.

PieGuy wrote:
jugular wrote:
I triple checked my activations and the amount of points you should obtain from them were all correct, so there's definitely something wrong with the base score in the blank chart.
It's because of all the extended sustains - the charts count extended sustains as two (or three or four) separate sustains and scores them all separately, leading to a higher base score than should be.

Yeah you're right, I was looking at the path for schism, and I noticed the blank chart stated that your score should be 22,525 after the GY sustain, but in game I only had like 18,4xx.

I came up with the path in the video myself the day after I played the song. I did no squeezing whatsoever. As you can see now, I currently have first with 214,812, and I have to say that I am pretty sure that your first activation is wrong. I tweaked my path from the video about a week later to get what I have now. On the first activation, I activated at the 4th BO and then squeezed in the 1st RO in measure 17. The rest of your activations are what I had come up with, and I am almost positive that you can get that first Y in measure 83. I have not played the song since I got that 1st place score, but I am thinking about trying again today to break 215k.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D3D wrote:
Seriously, how come there isn't a path for "Prisoner of Society" ? That song is just way too epic.

Well, if you mean on Expert, then there are 2. Pieguy's is much better than mine, though.

Speaking of which, GP69: please remove my path from PoS X (Pie's is much better)

My Accomplishment Thread
GHWT Wii FC: 1762 5871 5881
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Wii Friend Code: 515517205255
FoG  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PieGuy: After testing your 1st activation for Hotel California, I can say that (even though I'm not 100% certain) that the squeeze from G to the 2nd GY is not possible.

[quote=/"MarkMadness/"]i actually got my china cymbal today and put it on my head and sang china hat[/quote]
My YouTube - My Twitter - My Accomplishments
[quote=/"dudextr/"][10:02:26 PM] xtr: yeah, it''''s too painful now
[10:06:12 PM] xtr: it looks like i have chlamidya[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Scythera
pman5595  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoG wrote:
PieGuy: After testing your 1st activation for Hotel California, I can say that (even though I'm not 100% certain) that the squeeze from G to the 2nd GY is not possible.

Wait, so you say to squeeze from the green note in measure 15 (the one that starts the GRYB weird sustain thingamabob) to the GY halfway through measure 20 is impossible? It's completely possible! I did it on my first try and it was quite easy, and I'm a terrible GHWT whammier, and only a so-so squeezer.

Proud Social Liberal. What are you? Post your result in your signature. Genius, genius, and genius.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
pman5595  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've got a better path for Dammit on hard

2- 3rd red, squeeze to the fourth RY in measure 34
2- First note of the next star power phrase, squeeze to first GR sustain in measure 64
2- Next note, squeeze to the fifth YB in measure 100
End skip one

this beats the current path by 2300 points

oops double post. people need to reply to this thread more.

Proud Social Liberal. What are you? Post your result in your signature. Genius, genius, and genius.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
FoG  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pman5595 wrote:
FoG wrote:

Wait, so you say to squeeze from the green note in measure 15 (the one that starts the GRYB weird sustain thingamabob) to the GY halfway through measure 20 is impossible? It's completely possible! I did it on my first try and it was quite easy, and I'm a terrible GHWT whammier, and only a so-so squeezer.
I must not be doing it properly. I've been trying to hit it for days, and when I think I did it, it didn't actually get it.

I've updated my path to what I believe to be optimal. The last activation however has not been tested but by my calculations is entirely possible.

http://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ghwtgxhcpathbc7.jpg

[quote=/"MarkMadness/"]i actually got my china cymbal today and put it on my head and sang china hat[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Scythera
ortiz1193  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D3D wrote:

PieGuy has a path for PoS a page or two back... Are you talking about another difficulty?
codemann8  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PieGuy wrote:
jugular wrote:
I triple checked my activations and the amount of points you should obtain from them were all correct, so there's definitely something wrong with the base score in the blank chart.
It's because of all the extended sustains - the charts count extended sustains as two (or three or four) separate sustains and scores them all separately, leading to a higher base score than should be.

Finally someone gets it...yes all charts with extended sustain have wrong scores. Not to also mention whammy on SP phrases are miscalculated too. I'm surprised tma hasn't fixed this by now, I sent him the logic on how to correct it. The most amount of HOLD points you can get in a measure in 4/4 time is 100 points, his calculation allows more than that.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
Ad134  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
Not to also mention whammy on SP phrases are miscalculated too.

THAT'S why!! AHHHH!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
PieGuy wrote:
jugular wrote:

Finally someone gets it...yes all charts with extended sustain have wrong scores. Not to also mention whammy on SP phrases are miscalculated too. I'm surprised tma hasn't fixed this by now, I sent him the logic on how to correct it. The most amount of HOLD points you can get in a measure in 4/4 time is 100 points, his calculation allows more than that.

Yeah I thought so, when I was testing some of my earlier paths almost all my activations ended later than I had calculated.

Anyways, I drew up a path for Hollywood Nights.

Hollywood Nights - Expert Path

2 - GRY in measure 42 to G in measure 48 (squeeze)
2 - 3rd last G in measure 88 to GRY in measure 94 (squeeze)
2 - GR measure 117 to 3rd G in measure 123 (squeeze)
2(+1) - GRY in measure 173 to last GRY in measure 181 (squeeze)

Estimated Score: 529,678

Wasn't so sure about squeezes in this one, with a little tweaking I think 530k would be possible.
My YouTube Channel: Jugulaur
pman5595  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jugular wrote:
I drew up a path for Hollywood Nights.

Hollywood Nights - Expert Path

2 - GRY in measure 42 to G in measure 48 (squeeze)
2 - 3rd last G in measure 88 to GRY in measure 94 (squeeze)
2 - GR measure 117 to 3rd G in measure 123 (squeeze)
2(+1) - GRY in measure 173 to last GRY in measure 181 (squeeze)

Estimated Score: 529,678

Wasn't so sure about squeezes in this one, with a little tweaking I think 530k would be possible.

For the first and third activations, you can get one more note at the end, for the second activation, you can have it start a note earlier, and for the last activation you can make it star two notes earlier and they would end in the same place. With the added notes under star power, you could raise the score 1600 points to 531,278.

FoG wrote:
I've updated my path to what I believe to be optimal. The last activation however has not been tested but by my calculations is entirely possible.

You forgot to draw in the second to last activation in that path

FoG  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pman5595 wrote:

FoG wrote:

You forgot to draw in the second to last activation in that path
Whoops.

http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ghwtgxhcpathbt0.jpg

Fixed!

jugular  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Your Own Way - Expert Path

2 - RB measure 30 to GR measure 36 (no squeeze)
1 - RB measure 51 to 3rd RB measure 55 (squeeze)
2(+1) - 3rd RB measure 79 to 2nd Y measure 89 (squeeze)
1(+1) - GY measure 118 to B sustain measure 124 (squeeze)

Estimated Score: 332,994

This song does have one HOPO sustain in measure 124, which screws up the base score by about 100-200 points, which would make the estimated score that much lower.

Also, in regards to my Spiderwebs path, I re-FC'd it using my original path and obtained a score of 358,476. I missed all the squeezes except the second one, and bad whammying caused me to miss the easy RB chord in the third, along with dropped ticks I lost about 1100 points. So my path can get you 359k with some squeezes, and also may I point out that you should change the last activation to the first G after the long G sustain.
My YouTube Channel: Jugulaur
pman5595  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jugular wrote:
Go Your Own Way - Expert Path

2 - RB measure 30 to GR measure 36 (no squeeze)
1 - RB measure 51 to 3rd RB measure 55 (squeeze)
2(+1) - 3rd RB measure 79 to 2nd Y measure 89 (squeeze)
1(+1) - GY measure 118 to B sustain measure 124 (squeeze)

Estimated Score: 332,994

This song does have one HOPO sustain in measure 124, which screws up the base score by about 100-200 points, which would make the estimated score that much lower.

On the first activation, you could have it start a note earlier and end in the same place, getting another 200. On the third activation, with good whammy, you could get the next note also, getting another 400. For the weird sustain thing in measure 124 that only increases the score on the chart by 50 points so subtract that and you get a new estimated score of 333,544.

Oh, and for the spiderwebs path, can't you move that last activation back a note? I think you could gain about 150 points by doing that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 43 of 65

Jump to: