Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
CustomHero Revitalization - Staff Needed
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elx  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: CustomHero Revitalization - Staff Needed Reply with quote

I'm happy to announce that we do have our first batch of new reviewers in place. This doesn't mean that we are not taking applications. The newest staff joining us include:

HellAshes
Chil
acra
GuitarZero132
xbillax

Due to the size of the current review queue, and the length of time that many charts have been in there we are going to be looking to trim the review queue down a bit. Over the weekend, I will be emailing anyone who has charts currently submitted to the queue. We are reducing the maximum number of charts you can have in the review queue at the same time from 3 charts down to a single chart. Upon receiving the email, you have until Sunday, December 28th to let us know that you are still around and interested in having your chart reviewed. If you have multiple charts in the queue currently, you will need to select one to keep in the queue, and the others will be removed. Once your chart passes review, or you remove it, you may submit a new chart.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customhero was originally designed to be a place where you could find only the best of quality charts, with all charts requiring review by staff members before being posted.

Due to the current staff on CustomHero being too overworked to really get things done for the site, we are looking to recruit some fresh staff members in order to revitalize the site.

We are taking a step back from the staff charts on the site, and focusing solely on user reviews for now. If given a position on the site, your job will be to work on reviewing user submitted charts and working with the users to bring the chart up to site standards so it may be released.

In order to apply for a staff position please contact me via PM to let me know you are interested. There will be 2 sections for the application, a charting test and a reviewing test.

For the charting portion, you need to complete a chart that would be tier 6 material or higher on all difficulties and including coop. We aren't only interested in stupidly hard charts, we are looking to see your ability to chart in general.

For the reviewing portion, you will be given a chart that we have tampered with to mess certain parts up on purpose. You will need to look overall at the chart and find the issues and offer suggestions to fix them.

Last edited by elx on Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:33 am; edited 4 times in total
Shredder2  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting. I'm looking foward to the reviewing position.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
esneky  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting, I might be interested. I'm not very good at charting from scratch, but seeing if a chart makes sense I am pretty good at.
nothankyooo  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds awesome, I can't wait for more good quality charts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish i could get customs... sounds good though (for everyone else...) ha
linkfreak16  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: cool Reply with quote

sounds good
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Linkfreak16
ddrsensation  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can help off-staff.
I'm not a very consistent employee, and tend to get distracted easily. Lol.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 6027399410921283
Glock  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really looking forward to this. CustomHero was such a great idea that never really took off, and I'm glad to see you guys are trying to bring it back and really get the best of the best charts up.

I would try for staff, but I've never charted

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would LOVE to try out for the Reviewer position, I can chart, but some of my charts haven't been of the best quality... (I do have 1 good one in the works to be honest )

So by "contact", you mean PM?

EDIT: OK, I'll be thinking about it

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.

Last edited by jonnyg111 on Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 446831583882
elx  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyg111 wrote:
I would LOVE to try out for the Reviewer position, I can chart, but some of my charts haven't been of the best quality... (I do have 1 good one in the works to be honest )

So by "contact", you mean PM?

Yes.
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glock wrote:
I'm really looking forward to this. CustomHero was such a great idea that never really took off, and I'm glad to see you guys are trying to bring it back and really get the best of the best charts up.

I would try for staff, but I've never charted

Same for me, thats what would probably keep me from doing it

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nailuj  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: CustomHero Revitalization - Staff Needed Reply with quote

elx wrote:
For the charting portion, you need to complete a chart that would be tier 6 material or higher on all difficulties and including coop. We aren't only interested in stupidly hard charts, we are looking to see your ability to chart in general.

I have a question. Actually, I have 2 questions. You said that we need to chart co-op. Does the bass chart need to have a easy, medium, and hard difficulty? Also, does the co-op part include drums charts? I'm pretty decent at making guitar and bass charts, but I would REALLY have to practice to make drum charts efficiantly.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: CustomHero Revitalization - Staff Needed Reply with quote

Nailuj wrote:
elx wrote:

I have a question. Actually, I have 2 questions. You said that we need to chart co-op. Does the bass chart need to have a easy, medium, and hard difficulty? Also, does the co-op part include drums charts? I'm pretty decent at making guitar and bass charts, but I would REALLY have to practice to make drum charts efficiantly.

1. Bass/Rhythm requires all difficulties as well.

2. It's Guitar/Bass or Guitar/Rhythm like in GH2 and GH3.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
killzonedout  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see the scorehero staff is only growing nowadays. Plus, we can have quality control on charts!

smart move, guys.
swiner38  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: cool Reply with quote

that would be awesome
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: