ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SlowHero Charts Project
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tma  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: SlowHero Charts Project Reply with quote

SlowHero Charts Project

This is the official thread for discussion of the charts that live on the SlowHero website.

What is the SlowHero project? Simply put, it's blank and optimised charts for the Guitar Hero series of games.

I will be fleshing out this post and an associated Wiki page later.

12th May 2009 Update
* Fixed note order on drum charts.
26th April 2009 Update
* GHWT, GHWT-DLC and GHM charts generated with section markers. Many thanks to kg4nbx for providing the GHWT-DLC files.
1st February 2009 Update
* Fixed a bug in sustain calculations in GH3+ games that was introduced during the last update.
26th January 2009 Update
* Fixed a number of bugs relating to purple note sustains.
* Fixed a bug relating to star power phrases with no notes (reference: GH:A Back in the Saddle Easy charts).
* Fixed some bugs relating to ImageMagick bit depth.
* Removed tiers from GHWT song list.
16th January 2009 Update
* General - image generation code has been modified to allow easy changing of note order on charts.
* Guitar Hero: World Tour - drum charts have been re-generated with the correct note order to suit the World Tour drum kit.
11th December 2008 Update
* Guitar Hero: World Tour - I have recreated all the charts to fix a bug in the star power phrase locations. Extra notes were being registered as part of phrases incorrectly.
* Guitar Hero: World Tour - The star power phrases are being highlighted in a darker colour (actually fixed a bug in the the alpha level) so that they show up better.

Last edited by tma on Thu May 17, 2012 4:39 am; edited 8 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
btownsoccerstud  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tma just to let you know the Bass charts you gave us are awesome but just to be a nitpick they are arranged in I guess the order the Guitar Tiers are ordered in, their not in the bass tiers. It really is no big deal but I figured I would point it out to you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will extended sustain scores be addressed? I know in Vinternoll2 hard chart it was Counting double when the second sustain hold was present, I just recalculated by hand which was painful.

Also, thanks so much for all your work on this program, and also thanks for starting a fresh thread, I was so lost in the old one.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btownsoccerstud wrote:
Tma just to let you know the Bass charts you gave us are awesome but just to be a nitpick they are arranged in I guess the order the Guitar Tiers are ordered in, their not in the bass tiers. It really is no big deal but I figured I would point it out to you.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it when I get the chance.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
tma  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weee911 wrote:
Will extended sustain scores be addressed? I know in Vinternoll2 hard chart it was Counting double when the second sustain hold was present, I just recalculated by hand which was painful.

Absolutely. It's a known issue which I haven't had a chance to investigate yet - I figured getting the blank charts out first, even if a little incorrect, was better than delaying to fix minor issues such as this.

I plan to put known issues like this on the Wiki page I'm setting up.

weee911 wrote:
Also, thanks so much for all your work on this program, and also thanks for starting a fresh thread, I was so lost in the old one.

You're welcome! Much kudos must also be given to Debr for the original code and for sharing it with me. It's been a fun learning experience for me, I think I've learnt more Perl in the last 12 months than I ever had before.
pman5595  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something wrong with the whammy on the bass paths (and scoring, i think) It seems as if the program is giving some open notes sustain points and when in a star power phrase they are given whammy. A great example of this is No Sleep 'Till Brooklyn. The estimated base scores (in gray) are wrong for basically the last half of the song

Proud Social Liberal. What are you? Post your result in your signature. Genius, genius, and genius.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
RaSZi  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, slowhero is awesome, I use it all the time, so thanks.

And:

Any idea when the guitar paths will be up for WT?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pman5595 wrote:
There is something wrong with the whammy on the bass paths (and scoring, i think) It seems as if the program is giving some open notes sustain points and when in a star power phrase they are given whammy. A great example of this is No Sleep 'Till Brooklyn. The estimated base scores (in gray) are wrong for basically the last half of the song

Yep, I'm aware of the issue. In my opinion, it's actually a bug in the game files as those open notes have the length of a sustain even though they can never actually be one. I short-circuit the sustain drawing routines for the bass notes but the cumulative score calculator doesn't deal with it. It will be fixed once I get time.
tma  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaSZi wrote:

Appreciation is always ... appreciated.

RaSZi wrote:
And:

Tough question. I'm leaning towards never at the moment, but if I do end up doing the generated paths, it won't be for another 6 months at least. I have another project planned which might get around this and give pathers an easy way to generate their own paths, but more on that when I've developed it further.
Graf  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
RaSZi wrote:

Tough question. I'm leaning towards never at the moment, but if I do end up doing the generated paths, it won't be for another 6 months at least. I have another project planned which might get around this and give pathers an easy way to generate their own paths, but more on that when I've developed it further.

Oh tma, why must you tease us? >_>

Slowhero is excellent, and I am glad you are as dedicated as you are; it's amazingly helpful to have someone out there, taking care of business for ScoreHero Mr. Green

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you tma for doing this!! This is a great project, I can't wait 'til all the combination charts are done. I'm sure a lot of other people are gonna do some of the the pathing...I'm gonna try to get some together for guitar/bass, and when I do i'll send them to you for the site.

Georgia Tech Class of 2014!
FoG  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
RaSZi wrote:

I love the sound of that idea.

[quote:b7d032669f="MarkMadness"]i actually got my china cymbal today and put it on my head and sang china hat

My YouTube - My Twitter - My Accomplishments
[quote:b7d032669f="dudextr"][10:02:26 PM] xtr: yeah, it''s too painful now
[10:06:12 PM] xtr: it looks like i have chlamidya
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Scythera
think13  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Vocal Charts? Reply with quote

I don't know if it is technically possible, but can you give vocal charts as well? Vocal charts would be a huge help for me, and I'm sure many people doing vocals.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Vocal Charts? Reply with quote

think13 wrote:
I don't know if it is technically possible, but can you give vocal charts as well? Vocal charts would be a huge help for me, and I'm sure many people doing vocals.

Yes they're planned, although I haven't even begun to work out how to decode them yet.
btownsoccerstud  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
RaSZi wrote:

Appreciation is always ... appreciated.

RaSZi wrote:
And:

Please!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: