ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Travis Barker, Rascal Flatts and Oasis for GHWT DLC in Jan.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Travis Barker, Rascal Flatts and Oasis for GHWT DLC in Jan. Reply with quote

TRAVIS BARKER, RASCAL FLATTS AND OASIS SONGS AMONG NEW DOWNLOADABLE GUITAR HERO® WORLD TOUR TRACKS IN JANUARY

Travis Barker Encore Performance Showcases Diverse Music Genres
Country Superstars Rascal Flatts, Brad Paisley and Brooks & Dunn Make Guitar Hero® Debuts
British Multi-Platinum Selling Rockers Oasis Bring Full 2008 Album “Dig Out Your Soul”

SANTA MONICA, CA – December 19, 2008

Building upon the extensive variety of chart-topping hits that span multiple genres of music available to Guitar Hero fans, Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) will release over 20 party-rocking anthems as downloadable content for Guitar Hero® World Tour throughout January 2009.

Before fans ring in the New Year, additional downloadable content for Guitar Hero World Tour from hard rock bands Hinder, Nickelback and Rev Theory, will be available on December 23rd. Hinder’s first single “Use Me,” from their recently released album Take It to the Limit, is joined by Nickelback’s “Because of You” and Rev Theory’s “Light it Up."

Further diversifying the catalogue of songs available for download for Guitar Hero World Tour is the debut of the Country Rock Track Pack featuring Rascal Flatts “Me and My Gang,” plus GRAMMY® Award winning artists Brad Paisley’s “Ticks” and Brooks & Dunn’s “Hillbilly Deluxe.” Country music fans can rock out starting on January 8th.

World-renowned drummer Travis Barker, whose likeness appears in Guitar Hero World Tour, is returning to the Guitar Hero stage on January 15th for an encore with a three-song Track Pack illustrating his talents across various styles of music. Two of the tracks, “What’s My Age Again” and “Lycanthrope,” are from his work as part of blink-182 and +44 respectively. Completing the Track Pack is his solo-project remixing Flo Rida’s smash-hit “Low.”

Following multiple stops around the world and further expanding the Guitar Hero global music library, Guitar Hero World Tour makes a trip down under on January 22nd with three of the biggest Australian bands of all-time. Silverchair makes their debut appearance in the Guitar Hero franchise with their 1995 hit “Tomorrow.” Rounding out the Track Pack is the GRAMMY Award winning Wolfmother with “Dimension” and The Vines with their hit “Outtathaway!”

After making a successful splash into Guitar Hero World Tour downloadable content with three singles off their critically acclaimed Dig Out Your Soul album, gamers will have the opportunity to shred, drum and wail away to the full album from beloved, multi-platinum UK rock band, Oasis, in its entirety on January 29th. Joining “Bag it Up,” “Waiting for the Rapture” and “The Shock of the Lightning” are “The Turning,” “I’m Outta Time,” “(Get Off Your) High Horse Lady,” “Falling Down,” “To Be Where There’s Life,” “Ain’t Got Nothin,” “The Nature of Reality” and “Soldier On.”

The Oasis Album will be available on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for 1520 Microsoft Points and on the PlayStation®Store for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system for $18.99. The Track Packs will be released for Xbox 360 for 440 Microsoft Points and PLAYSTATION 3 system for $5.49. The songs on the Oasis Album and in each Track Pack will be released as downloadable singles for Xbox 360 for 160 Microsoft Points, PLAYSTATION 3 system for $1.99 and Wii™ for 200 Wii Points.

Guitar Hero World Tour transforms music gaming by expanding Guitar Hero’s signature guitar gameplay into a cooperative band experience that combines the most advanced wireless controllers with new revolutionary online* and offline gameplay modes including Band Career and 8-player “Battle of the Bands,” which allows two full bands to compete head-to-head online. The game features a slick newly redesigned guitar controller, drum kit controller and a wired microphone, as well as an innovative Music Studio music creator that lets players compose, record, edit and share their own rock ‘n’ roll anthems. Music creators are also able to share their recordings with their friends online through GHTunes(SM) where other gamers can download and play an endless supply of unique creations.

Guitar Hero World Tour is now available for Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system, the Wii home video game system from Nintendo and the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. The game is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB. For more information on Guitar Hero World Tour, please visit worldtour.guitarhero.com.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.

Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, the Netherlands, Australia, Japan and South Korea. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing’s expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Activision Publishing generally uses words such as “outlook,” “will,” “could,” “would,” “might,” “remains,” “to be,” “plans,” “believes,” “may,” “expects,” “intends,” “anticipates,” “estimate,” future,” “plan,” “positioned,” “potential,” “project,” “remain,” “scheduled,” “set to,” “subject to,” “upcoming” and similar expressions to help identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing’s actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales of Activision Publishing’s titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Activision Publishing’s ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms (including next-generation hardware), declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Activision Publishing’s products, adoption rate and availability of new hardware and related software, industry competition, rapid changes in technology and industry standards, protection of proprietary rights, litigation against Activision Publishing, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, vendors and third-party developers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates, integration of recent acquisitions and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities, Activision Blizzard’s success in integrating the operations of Activision Publishing and Vivendi Games in a timely manner, or at all, and the combined company’s ability to realize the anticipated benefits and synergies of the transaction to the extent, or in the timeframe, anticipated. Other such factors include additional risk factors identified in Activision Blizzard’s most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.

###

*Online gameplay is only available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™ and may require an additional subscription.

Guitar Hero World Tour © 2008 Activision Publishing, Inc. Guitar Hero, Activision and RedOctane are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

“PlayStation,” “PLAYSTATION” and “PS” Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Used with Permission. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Wii and the Wii logo are trademarks of Nintendo.

Last edited by JCirri on Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
zlinkneoXZ15  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!!!!!!!

travis barker rocks!

whats my age again and lycanthrope? not my fav blink182 and +44 songs, but i still like them a lot, cant believe theyre gonna be on gh.

all the more reason y i need xbox live...

cwhitney2  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thing that would help is if you bolded the actual song titles so people don't have to strain their eyes looking for the songs.

Edit: LolNickelback
Sk8er4ever714  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT'S MY AGE AGAIN? AND LYCANTHROPE... FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!! Blink 182 is the best band evar, and +44 is fucking awesome. I am SO happy right now. Good move Neversoft, good move.
I'd be happier if this was on RB though...please don't hurt me..*runs*

<-Old and way outdated scores, lol.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Sk8er4ever714 PSN Name: Sk8er-182 Wii Friend Code: 4407521356750541
Glovesave74  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis Barker stuff is gonna rock! I saw +44 in concert and it was great. I can't quite remember what Lycanthrope sounds like though. I gotta listen to it now.
fludstud09  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low = complete fail. Buteverything else looks okay, I'm excited about this, and the upcoming reggae pack

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YA! Some Nickelback! Hope to see more in the future from them!
Good move Neversoft!!!!! Also this is probably the best DLC whatever thing since the Eagles,Nirvana, and the Pumpkins pack.

Last edited by KCgoalie17 on Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely getting Dig Out Your Soul. I'm considering Wolfmother, Blink-182, and possibly Nickelback. Maybe the Country pack if it's as good as the RB one (other than Hillbilly Deluxe, considering it's on RB). And of course, I'll listen to all the ones I don't know to see if they're any good. I'll only get Low if it's fun on drums.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
hydrapower  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, no Dragonforce this month either?!?!?

Just kidding.

Rev Theory + Silverchair (!) = nice! The Hinder song is actually pretty good too but I already have it on Rock Band.

I forgot, I have to go buy the Nirvana pack too.

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
deathleprchaun  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about some diverse DLC. Gotta say Im most excited about the Brad Paisly track. Love the song

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I better be getting quite a few wii points cards for Christmas, because there are too many songs to get now.
foolosophy  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible, IMO.

Not the best way to follow up some very strong DLC in December and November. I mean for me, nothing is worth buying until the Australian pack, and even then it's 50/50. And don't get me started about Nickleback, it's bad enough I live in Canada and just 3 years ago every music station (both TV and radio) would milk the shit out of those guys.

Last edited by foolosophy on Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Megashot  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathleprchaun wrote:
Talk about some diverse DLC. Gotta say Im most excited about the Brad Paisly track. Love the song

Diverse indeed. The only songs I'm even remotely interested in is the first pack with the Hinder, Nickelback, and Rev Theory songs. Also, "Dimension" by Wolfmother is a good choice, although they are not my most favorite band, their guitar work is pretty good, despite the vocals sometimes getting too whiny. Everything else is just a big "meh" for me. Seriously, country tracks on Guitar Hero: World Tour? Nice originality.....oh wait, RB2 already has country songs! lol, too much copycatting going on. All joking aside, while I *don't* mind country, I just feel like it it's out of place in Guitar Hero/Rock Band.

Aside from the Death Magnetic album by Metallica and The Eagles' tracks, the rest of GHWT's DLC is mediocre to me at best. IMO, they have artists like Oasis and REM, but they are picking songs from those artists that I don't necessarily like. Yes, I have used the confusing in-game store to preview the tracks. (Not to mention that if you aren't on an HDTV, you can't read the text on the music store. ) What about "Man on the Moon" or "Losing My Religion" by REM? I mean, I'm all for new songs I haven't heard before by familiar artists, but I would love for some songs that I actually know to be on GHWT's music store. If this trend keeps up, I won't be getting any GHWT DLC for a while.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Cool223 PSN Name: Megashot
Silly  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hell is this shit? Rock Band announces Pearl Jam and has about eight albums as DLC, and you announce fucking NICKELBACK?!

One good week until the end of January. Good going.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foolosophy wrote:
And don't get me started about Nickleback, it's bad enough I live in Canada and just 3 years ago every music station (both TV and radio) would milk the shit out of those guys.

I AGREE WITH THIS COMMENT.

Edit: I find this especially hilarious after Chad's big QQ rant about rhythm games.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: