ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Playoffs Begin Sunday!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elx  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Playoffs Begin Sunday! Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

Just a reminder that round 1 of playoffs will begin on Sunday January 11th, just like a normal league round. At this tume we will post 1st round songs and brackets. Expect the brackets to be around roughly half the active players in round 4 for your league. There are 3 main things to keep in mind going into playoffs.

1) PHOTO PROOF IS REQUIRED FOR ALL PLAYERS, IN ALL LEAGUES. If you can not provide this, PM your commissioner so that you will not be placed in the bracket.

2) Besides team leagues and One Man Band leagues, which are full week rounds, playoffs rounds are half weeks running from Sunday through Wednesday and Thursday through Saturday.

3) If you did not submit for week 4 but still are high enough to rank for playoffs, you must PM your commissioner to inform them that you still want to be in playoffs.
ASK  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok! LOL
massi4h  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will we get to see the first round songs early like last season? So we can start playing the song and if we find out we aren't in playoffs we stop playing.
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update elx. Now I really hope I don't play this week since I have midterms

Also for the whole Week 4 thing did you need to submit ALL of the songs? BC that's what I did, only 3 showed up, and I'm first place overall for GH3X AA-2

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
pucktheduck  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, is video proof also accepted?
elx  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

massi4h wrote:
Will we get to see the first round songs early like last season? So we can start playing the song and if we find out we aren't in playoffs we stop playing.

Not before round 1, but in between playoff rounds, a new song will go up as soon as the previous round ends.

xtremecarbon wrote:
Thanks for the update elx. Now I really hope I don't play this week since I have midterms

Also for the whole Week 4 thing did you need to submit ALL of the songs? BC that's what I did, only 3 showed up, and I'm first place overall for GH3X AA-2

That's fine, as long as we see you submitted something.

pucktheduck wrote:
Wait, is video proof also accepted?

Yes video proof is fine. XBL Leaderboards are not.
BA142  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elx, what if i only submitted 2 scores for week 4? do i still have to pm socrstopr to let him know im still in?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BUB142
esneky  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BA142 wrote:
elx, what if i only submitted 2 scores for week 4? do i still have to pm socrstopr to let him know im still in?

elx wrote:

xtremecarbon wrote:

BA142  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

esneky wrote:
BA142 wrote:

elx wrote:

xtremecarbon wrote:

lmao i feel like a douche now
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BUB142
dusanmandic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn i can't wait to see if i made it or not..

this season i'm really in between.

Now last season was different. i got 3rd overall meaning i was definitely in the playoffs with a bye.

But i can't wait for Sunday now to see if i made it or not.

Zomg an in AFTER Lock!!!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Phyrexius Zero PSN Name: dusanmandic2112 ICQ Number
lassise  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you know whether or not you made it? excluding the few who didn't submit any week 4 scores i think i'm 14th in AA-1, thanks to me being busy as crap during most of the time and the two week break I end up getting happens to be the two-week long round. I'm down for an alternate too

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, playoffs consist of half of the people who gave scores in Week 4 + main standings.

Though, I'm not totally sure if I'm right.
Mervin1337  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno if I made the playoffs but I hope i did :p.

Oh noes I submitted wrong score on Stricken last round, wrote 290k but I had 490k =/.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sktgamerdudejr wrote:
IIRC, playoffs consist of half of the people who gave scores in Week 4 + main standings.

Though, I'm not totally sure if I'm right.

Yes, rounded to the most convenient number for bracketing, like 8, 12, 16, or 24. I don't know if any leagues are big enough for 32.

Guide to the Tick Engine in Guitar Hero 3

Current GHIII Goals:
700k TTFAF (current score: 661k)
sktgamerdudejr  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not always the easiest to bracket, because there's at least 2 byes per division.

So like 6, 12, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: