ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bruce Springsteen DLC Announcement
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulRobinson  
Neversoft Staff
Neversoft Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Bruce Springsteen DLC Announcement Reply with quote

Bruce Springsteen Makes Guitar Hero(R) Debut With Brand New Song 'My Lucky Day' and Classic Hit 'Born to Run'

* Tuesday January 13, 2009, 8:00 am EST

Guitar Hero® World Tour to Debut Exclusive Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band Tracks as Downloadable Content Day and Date with Release of New Album, Working on a Dream

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Jan. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Bruce Springsteen will make his videogame debut on January 27, 2009, with two downloadable songs available exclusively in Activision Publishing, Inc.'s (Nasdaq: ATVI - News) Guitar Hero® World Tour.

Coinciding with the release of his new album, Working on a Dream (Columbia Records), the two-song Track Pack will be available for download simultaneously with the album's release on January 27, 2009. The Track Pack, which features the iconic Springsteen song "Born to Run" and "My Lucky Day," a brand-new track off his new album, Working on a Dream, will be free to download during the first week of the album's release.

"Bruce Springsteen has been a defining force in Rock 'n Roll and we are incredibly excited to have him make his video game debut with Guitar Hero World Tour," said Robert Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard.

Springsteen's longtime manager Jon Landau said, "Activision has been a leader in getting music to the public in new ways and we are very happy to have them making these two songs available to their audience."

The Bruce Springsteen Track Pack will be available on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®Store for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and as singles for Wii(TM) for free between January 27, 2009, and February 4, 2009. Starting February 5, 2009, the Track Pack will be available on Xbox 360 for 320 Microsoft Points, on the PLAYSTATION 3 system for $3.99 and as singles on Wii(TM) for 200 Wii Points each.

Guitar Hero World Tour transforms music gaming by expanding Guitar Hero's® signature guitar gameplay into a cooperative band experience that combines the most advanced wireless controllers with new revolutionary online* and offline gameplay modes including Band Career and 8-player "Battle of the Bands," which allows two full bands to compete head-to-head online. The game features a slick newly redesigned guitar controller, drum kit controller and a wired microphone, as well as an innovative Music Studio music creator that lets players compose, record, edit and share their own rock 'n' roll anthems. Music creators are also able to share their recordings with their friends online through GHTunesSM where other gamers can download and play an endless supply of unique creations.

Guitar Hero World Tour is now available for Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system, the Wii home video game system from Nintendo and the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. The game is rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB. For more information on Guitar Hero World Tour, please visit worldtour.guitarhero.com.

For more information about Bruce Springsteen, please visit www.brucespringsteen.net or www.shorefire.com.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.

Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, the Netherlands, Australia, Japan and South Korea. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing's expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Activision Publishing generally uses words such as "outlook," "will," "could," "would," "might," "remains," "to be," "plans," "believes," "may," "expects," "intends," "anticipates," "estimate," future," "plan," "positioned," "potential," "project," "remain," "scheduled," "set to," "subject to," "upcoming" and similar expressions to help identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing's actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales of Activision Publishing's titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Activision Publishing's ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms (including next-generation hardware), declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Activision Publishing's products, adoption rate and availability of new hardware and related software, industry competition, rapid changes in technology and industry standards, protection of proprietary rights, litigation against Activision Publishing, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, vendors and third-party developers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates, integration of recent acquisitions and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities, Activision Blizzard's success in integrating the operations of Activision Publishing and Vivendi Games in a timely manner, or at all, and the combined company's ability to realize the anticipated benefits and synergies of the transaction to the extent, or in the timeframe, anticipated. Other such factors include additional risk factors identified in Activision Blizzard's most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.

*Online gameplay is only available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Wii(TM) and may require an additional subscription.

Guitar Hero World Tour © 2008 Activision Publishing, Inc. Guitar Hero, Activision and RedOctane are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

"PlayStation," "PLAYSTATION" and "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Used with Permission. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Wii and the Wii logo are trademarks of Nintendo.
anonymous_97  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
TopGearFTW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's free so I'll get it, not a fan of Springsteen but I'll reserve judgement till I play the songs.

First recorded GS of Black Magic on PS3! I almost feel proud. >__>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TopGearFTW
Smike  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit: OH! Way to half-read, Smike. Okay, free for a week, gotcha. Well, I agree then, free is free, and free can't be bad. ;) Doesn't mean it's good, but it can't be bad either! I just saw a pricetag and assumed the original stuff about it being free wasn't true. Whoops. Definitely need sleep.

Last edited by Smike on Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
charliehorse55  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good songs. probably worth it. No Radio Nowhere??? what is this?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

free stuff = win

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its about time we got something free. <3 Neversoft!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: ZEFFER13 Wii Friend Code: 210568002975
Quantuviz  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Bruce? Now that's just awesome!

(On a side note, I was beginning to have severe withdrawal symptoms from the scorehero news drought lately... I probably shouldn't be checking the front page every 15 minutes )
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, three three songs? I thought it was only going to be two.

Oh hell yes, Neversoft. That's 7 free songs already, soon to be 10, soon to be 15.

Wheeeeee.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREE SONGS RULE! keep it up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: gamecube rlz PSN Name: mrstuprigge
Zeoilvia  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:

Oh hell yes, Neversoft. That's 7 free songs already, soon to be 10, soon to be 15.

Wheeeeee.

I can only see two?

And what are you do mean by "soon to be 15"?
danielcfg  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, Born to Run Should be a fun one, and it's a good song. Don't know about the other one. I haven't listened to it.

Average expert guiatarist/Real guitarist, decent medium drummer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: danielcfg
Mallrat  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeoilvia wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:

Wheeeeee.

I can only see two?

And what are you do mean by "soon to be 15"?

Those 5 free songs they gave away with Guitar Bundles.

But yeah, it's only two songs dude. Still, pretty cool that they are giving Born to Run away for free. I'd pay money for it.
Mervin1337  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOAR free DLC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woooo free Springsteen!!! Get it while its hot people!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FRANK1E B
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: