ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
2/19 DLC - Paul McCartney and the Wings Track Pack!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jenkins92  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* now, i'm normally a very reasonable person (well, i'm not really) but i need to say this before I have a fit and smash my Guitar to bits. As much as i hate rb, i think im gonna go buy rb2. I am sick to death of all this bollocks DLC. When are we actually going to get some variety? It's sickening how much classic rock there is.

Seriously NS, get your fucking act together, this is pathetic, i've met homeless people who put in more effort than you do. You're about as useful as my now-removed left testicle. SORT IT OUT.

YOU CAN NOT, I REPEAT, CAN NOT! EXPECT TO MAKE SALES DURING A RECESSION BY RELEASING THE SAME FUCKING MUSIC OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

I've had enough, i'd rather see brittany speares' new album as next weeks dlc than another fucking classic rock pack. If theres no metal in the next month, im buying rock band 2 and taking a giant dump all over my GHWT disc whilst calling your customer services line just to tell you what i'm doing.

I hope you're ashamed of yourself.

tl;dr

Where's the metal, NS?

LOL.
Slowhand  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jenkins92 wrote:

YOU CAN NOT, I REPEAT, CAN NOT! EXPECT TO MAKE SALES DURING A RECESSION BY RELEASING THE SAME FUCKING MUSIC OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Where's the metal, NS?

Actually some of us old farts wsho play the game like the classics and the new stuff, so they'll make some money off me. Some of us oldies have a little more disposible income in a recession :p. j/k If you can't afford a 2 dollar song, then you have bigger worries than what this weeks DLC is LOL, and I sincerely hope things get better for you soon.

I get the point though. I like it when the do some newer stuff I haven't heard and end up liking the band.
Love some more Pearl Jam, but I guess that's "classic" rock nowadays too. Seriously this pack is probably just to get some tie into the Beatles.

And there is plenty of Classic rock that could be more challenging than this stuff. Some early Yes could be wickedly charted. And VH has been sparse. So I can be patient, guess I got that going for me.

edit - and not to fuel a flamewar or anything, but why hate RB? I enjoy both games immensely. RB2 the final couple tiers are wickedly hard at least for me. Can't stand "Visions" but there's your speed metal for ya, egads. Panic attack? Constant Motion? The 4 or so solos in Painkiller? What's not to love? (OK a jagged winter is a pile of turds for sure but..)
Vocal Stylings for Throat Punch
PSN - jaypen123
GH3 and RB community - Slowhand123
Ouzo  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jenkins92 wrote:
*sigh*

Am I missing something or did this not just happen? Expressing opinions is fine, but starting flamebaiting fanboy arguments is not. You get to join CyberRaiza now.

I'm sick of seeing this crap in this forum every week and I feel guilty for tolerating it for so long. If you are going to express an opinion over DLC, even a negative one, do it CIVILLY and RESPECTIVELY. What is so hard about that?

Location: On a little island no one cares about: AKA Long Island

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally havn't bought any DLC in GHWT except for the free songs and the Death Magnetic pack. Although it is because the songs aren't that fun for me to play, they may be for someone else. Some people may buy the songs for the good music, instead of the guitar shredding. IT IS ALL ABOUT OPINIONS.
Another reason I don't buy DLC is because I lack MPs until COD pack comes out. Then I will buy and spend the remaining MPs on DLC. Jimi Hendrix anyone?
No damn it Chris Vance is the direct cause of everything bad about rhythm games. You know when your drums miss a note? Vance. When the person you're playing with disconnects right at the end of the song? Vance. When your drum pedal breaks? Vance. He was hired only so that they could contain him only to making really hard note charts. You know how GH:M turned out so well? That Kirk Battle actually exists, and they managed to have Chris's overcharting powers concentrated entirely on that song. 10 QA testers gave their lives trying to play that song. On the last venue it's not Cthulu behind the ice, it's the concentrated evil of Chris Vance's charting abilities made manifest.
My accomps
ace-kicker  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vipergtsr7588 wrote:
Raikri999 wrote:
Mezonn wrote:
JizzleWright wrote:
Hey guys remember when the DLC for GH was actually a challenge, those were funny times.

Remember when DLC used to come out once every few months as opposed to once a week? Those were funny times.
Hey guys, remember when people actually liked the DLC because they could get it? Remember when that Dragonforce Pack came out and you failed all three songs on sightread. Haha, goooddd times. Very good times.*End Sarcasm*

I'll be downloading some of this after watching Toy's videos. They look fun.

actually i passed all 3 songs on my sightread thank you very much lol

anyways, i miss getting stuff like dragonforce or virtuoso pack because i like a song that i struggle to pass, lately most of the songs we have been getting have been putting me to sleep because they were too easy, which is why i mostly play just drums now.

bring on some crazy insanely charted speed metal and i will DL them the minute they come out.

he meant on expert silly goose
platinum trophy for rb2 [ ]
Catch a shiny Giratina (started march 29th 2009) [ ]

youtube name--> (iamjoshconrad)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jonfen88 PSN Name: Johnny_bananas
hboBurninator  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally, i'm not seeing fanboyism, instead i'm seeing a general disappointment in the direction Activision is going with the GH franchise. some people dislike 3, others dislike A, and still others dislike WT, but if you look, the numbers are steadily increasing. I've never owned a RB game, but right now i, like others ^^, kind of wish i had bought RB2 instead of GHWT. That's not fanboyism...

On topic, about the DLC...while the wings are a good band, i don't think their songs are ideal for the guitar hero setting. There IS a difference in a good song and a good GH song.

Ok, bye.

xbrownzx  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice how every single song in GHWT has been FCd except for Judas Kiss which has been FCd in gh3, has been FCd. I know on the leaderboards it says hi hi hi hasn't been FCd but i just watched a video of it so it has. Don't you think this kind of proves that the DLC needs to be more challenging? I like guitar hero better but rock band does DLC WAYYYYY better. They offer the insane guitar parts along with the nice songs for other people. Don't choose one or the other guitar hero just do both.
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xbrownzx wrote:
Notice how every single song in GHWT has been FCd except for Judas Kiss which has been FCd in gh3, has been FCd. I know on the leaderboards it says hi hi hi hasn't been FCd but i just watched a video of it so it has. Don't you think this kind of proves that the DLC needs to be more challenging? I like guitar hero better but rock band does DLC WAYYYYY better. They offer the insane guitar parts along with the nice songs for other people. Don't choose one or the other guitar hero just do both.

No.

Every single song in GH3 has been FCd => OMG GH3 IS TOO EASY WHY DOES IT HAVE SIMPLE DRAGONFORCE STUFFZ FOR DLC WE WANT TEH REALLY HARDZ NAO BAWWWWW etc.

It's horses for courses. You think this is easy? Then it probably is easy for you. But I'm pretty sure there's plenty of GH players out there who don't find this stuff easy.

Honestly, they really should just make a GH:DF and shut all the whingers up.

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
dweedman  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish Neversoft would release really hard dlc

because the only songs I play are hard songs so easy to medium songs are ridculously boring and I usually quit the game before finishing the song

btw did anyone else think guitar hero world tour ruined band on the run by adding all those tweedly guitar bits into the song that really annoys me

Massive thank you to the Scorehero mods for de-PermaRockering me after 6-7 dreadful years
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: da dan101
luky31  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is cool ill try to beat my highscore and post it my highscore is 999,123,2133 its not on this because i didnt upload it [/i][/b]
Trogdon  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God damn you people need to use the MUSIC STUDIO and download some hard charts. They'll sound bad but maybe it'll keep you quiet.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
JCiri wrote:

You've been banned not for your language, but for repeatedly trolling these announcements and starting fanboy-related arguments. This isn't the first time it's happened. Please act civil regardless of your opinion.

Moving on, I've changed the topic title for clarity and added guitar preview video links

Wow, looks like I'm totally in the wrong here. My bad, I'll civily disaprove of how Neversoft, to me, seems to be dooming their franchise. Sorry for all the commotion I caused, I just lost it.

Itzodst wrote:

Quote:
Though he did go a little over board for a forum, he does make some very good points. For example, yeah people want to get dlc that contain songs they know and would enjoy playing; however, they need to look at it from the other perspective of those who dont play songs just because they like them but because they give them a challenge. IE the Dragonforce Pack GH3.... though these songs were very difficult in terms of past dlc for GH3... it is these types of songs that most players look for as they give a great challenge to those players that want one, and also creates more competition throughout the SH/GH leader boards. I mean really, who wants to try and get as high on the leader boards as they can when 2000 of the 3000 posted scores are the same because the optimal was so easy to get?

Wow, you are a very smart person. If I had a million dollars I'd give it to you.

hboBurninator wrote:

Quote:
personally, i'm not seeing fanboyism, instead i'm seeing a general disappointment in the direction Activision is going with the GH franchise. some people dislike 3, others dislike A, and still others dislike WT, but if you look, the numbers are steadily increasing. I've never owned a RB game, but right now i, like others ^^, kind of wish i had bought RB2 instead of GHWT. That's not fanboyism...

On topic, about the DLC...while the wings are a good band, i don't think their songs are ideal for the guitar hero setting. There IS a difference in a good song and a good GH song.

Ok, bye.

Wow, again well said. You are incredibly inteligent. If I had another million dollars you would get it.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: