ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Soo.... when are we getting those Blank Charts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngstyLou  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Soo.... when are we getting those Blank Charts? Reply with quote

I mean, vox is currently tha only instrument without them. I need to path so I can stop sucking at this game augh
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 127492788588
Mushy2008  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I don't think there will ever be pathing for Vox... the freeforms make it so there will never be an optimal score...

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mushy2008 PSN Name: Mushy2008 Wii Friend Code: 4798547854137468 ICQ Number
squall1729  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeforms are simple to calculate the optimal score (in most cases) - just play one of the 'good' notes for the whole time, then multiply by reasonable factor (often 8). Either way, it should for the most part be clear whether star power should be used for them.

By 'blank' charts, do you mean ones without even words or pitches on them?
for these paths, as all activations will be right at the end of a phrase, all you really need to know is at what times phrases change, and how many points in the phrase, plus what type (e.g. normal, silent, or one of the freeforms). if so, it's probably possible to make home-made ones just with a stopwatch

PS3 GHWT player - PSN = sql_lall
Don't tell me to Learn-to-Play-a-Real-Guitar!
think13  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The user who runs SlowHero has mentioned that vocal charts are planned:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=85112

Right now, it looks like begging tma for vocal charts will be the best chance we have to get them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mushy2008 wrote:
Personally I don't think there will ever be pathing for Vox... the freeforms make it so there will never be an optimal score...

There have GOT to be better paths than the ones I've been taking, though. I'm getting my fucking ass kicked in the rankings, even on songs I'm streak FCing. And the difference is more than 10K, so it's clear that it's not just because I'm hitting a low percentage of notes.

squall1729 wrote:
Freeforms are simple to calculate the optimal score (in most cases) - just play one of the 'good' notes for the whole time, then multiply by reasonable factor (often 8). Either way, it should for the most part be clear whether star power should be used for them.

By 'blank' charts, do you mean ones without even words or pitches on them?
for these paths, as all activations will be right at the end of a phrase, all you really need to know is at what times phrases change, and how many points in the phrase, plus what type (e.g. normal, silent, or one of the freeforms). if so, it's probably possible to make home-made ones just with a stopwatch

I know how do freeforms, yeah, but I still suck. The problem is the rest of the song that isn't freeforms and I'm not spacing out my SP right. If I can see when the freeforms are coming up, or know ahead of time, then I can path relatively better than if I didn't. Also, If I can focus in on "quick" phrases, like the "Gotta work" phrases in Sacrifice, I can get easy points.
Plus, it's fairly obvious I'm not pathing right at all on No Sleep Till Brooklyn, since it looks like AI isn't the way to go, even if one intends to save some SP for the two freeforms at the end (I think it's two at least, I can't remember)

And I am so, so glad to hear SlowHero is still working on those blank charts. I thought they ditched the project altogether and just went with instruments.
I mean, it's clear that I'll never be good at this game, but I'd at least like to try to stay competitive somewhat.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 127492788588
think13  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you save star power for freeforms, other pathing isn't crucial. Since having star power during a regular phrase gives you a max of 2000 additional points, a path would have to give you 5 more phrases to make up 10k, which probably isn't happening with most songs.

Having star power during freeforms makes all the difference. Make sure for every freeform you get a high multiplier and high base points, with star power. All the pathing you need to do is to make sure you have star power during as many freeforms as possible. For example, on No Sleep Till Brooklyn, you need to have enough star power to cover both freeforms at the end.

For getting higher percents, I have found that setting a 55 or 60ms video lag helps me a lot. Without the lag set it seems like I have to sing before the note to hit it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

think13 wrote:
As long as you save star power for freeforms, other pathing isn't crucial. Since having star power during a regular phrase gives you a max of 2000 additional points, a path would have to give you 5 more phrases to make up 10k, which probably isn't happening with most songs.

Having star power during freeforms makes all the difference. Make sure for every freeform you get a high multiplier and high base points, with star power. All the pathing you need to do is to make sure you have star power during as many freeforms as possible. For example, on No Sleep Till Brooklyn, you need to have enough star power to cover both freeforms at the end.

For getting higher percents, I have found that setting a 55 or 60ms video lag helps me a lot. Without the lag set it seems like I have to sing before the note to hit it.

I see where you're coming from, but giving two people who are great at freeforms, the person with the better path for the rest of the song is going to rank higher. 10k can be a huge difference between 1st and 2nd or 5th and 6th in the long run.
Also, it's impossible for me to change lag setup because my brothers play too. It's pretty much learn to play with lag or fail with a full band, or even 3/4 band setup.
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pathing for vox is about time when you aren't singing, and freeforms. But also it comes in to play for band play too. Basing an activation around a freeform during a solo would mean to path best you activate so the sp ends just after the freeform ends. But to path for a freeform that happens right before the action happens, you activate right before the freeform.

One of the things i've seen happen during band play, and during solo vox play, is that i don't always know which songs have freeforms, where they are, and how close to the end it is <_< The only song I've worked a strong full band path on is electro rock.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On topic and not just ranting there is a possibility for a vox chart to be 'optimalled' which is 100%, best FF and optimal SP path (activate in FF)

however these scores are like 10,000,000 (its possible to get 24,000,000 in a single FF with optimal multiplier and top score)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: