Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 68, 69, 70  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason2890  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psxfreak rocks. quit being better than me at plastic guitar >_>
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH3X FC #30: TAKE THIS FUCKING LIFE WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

A couple of days ago I'd finally worked out how to a) hit the chordy bullshit at the end of each of the trills, and b) how to transition into each of the choruses without fail. TWO -1s last night followed by finally FCing this baby. I'm still shaking as we speak. SOOOOOOOO pleased to have got this baby

(oh, might've FCed a few other songs the past few nights too, like RARAN and RYLAH, RYLAH I'm especially proud of considering I'd been wanting it ever since the demo came out a million years ago ^_______^)
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
microgamer2vs2  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me becomes psx's whore
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
fudrick  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, we both had awesome FC #30's (TWiE for me)

toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm right heeeere
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take this life!
toymachine wrote:
I'm right heeeere

Stay a while and breathe me...

IIIIIIIIIIIIN!

Good going psex... You with your Awesome-oness and all. >_>

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
BigFatBob  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I sure wish I could have an FC of this song... psx FTW!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BigFatBob08
Graf  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psx, you are amazing. I can't hit the chords and such at the end of the trills about 90% of the time. Good job!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I got TTL as #30, too.

Nice job.
LordMathias  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay psxsxsxsxsxsxsxsxsx!

Now FC TTFAF for #31. <_<

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FC #30?!?!? You nub go get 68 FC's
12:11 Graf : Well I knew your LIVE name had K Blizz in it...but Blizzard is a cool last name
12:12 Graf : Seriously, I picture you wearing a blue suit and tie, and freezing people with your mind

My Scores
ShadowDude27  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job dude, what's your method for the chordy end part?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowDude27 wrote:

Keeping in mind that I hopo the two notes prior to the following:

d d d d d d d d d d dud d d

Surprised I use an upstrum? I think everybody else is :o

My main issue in the past was in fact not actually knowing what notes are there, so I slowed it down in practice a few nights before the FC, and just finally figured out what notes were there, and then just went about working out how to strum it. What really helped me though was counting (yay counting!). So, I would group the above mentally as 12 1234 1234 123 1 1, helping me keep track of my downstrums. I did hit it a couple of times alt-strumming through, but that was nowhere near as consistent for me as this was. That's what happens when you are predominantly a downstrummer >_>

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
ShadowDude27  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psxfreak101 wrote:
ShadowDude27 wrote:

Keeping in mind that I hopo the two notes prior to the following:

d d d d d d d d d d dud d d

Surprised I use an upstrum? I think everybody else is :o

My main issue in the past was in fact not actually knowing what notes are there, so I slowed it down in practice a few nights before the FC, and just finally figured out what notes were there, and then just went about working out how to strum it. What really helped me though was counting (yay counting!). So, I would group the above mentally as 12 1234 1234 123 1 1, helping me keep track of my downstrums. I did hit it a couple of times alt-strumming through, but that was nowhere near as consistent for me as this was. That's what happens when you are predominantly a downstrummer >_>
Thanks a lot, I'll try it! My score on that song is fail.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH2X: 11 Misirlou reFCs, one for each character!

So, it ALL started Saturday. After a couple failed attempts at Inst. I decided to play Misirlou for whatever reason (having FCed it back in October). FCed intro, and both breaks for a lulz -6. About an hour or so later:

8 points higher than my first FC many moons ago! And then I got this crazy idea: let's FC this song with every character in the game!

20 minutes after that reFC, I actually blew an FC 20 notes from the end like a real man. Didn't FC it once more that day, but continued the quest this evening:
(I'm adding IRC nick changes just to show how much time between the FCs, it adds to this wonderful story I'm about to tell!)

And so began the contest to try and beat Izzy's FC score!

[18:40:17] * psxfreak101 is now known as psx|Misirlou|FC|x3

Johnny Napalm can't fucking squeeze. Absolutely useless at this game.

[19:00:57] * psx|Misirlou|FC|x3 is now known as psx|Misirlou|FC|x4

Judy Nails can squeeze a little better. She's real quick at FCing stuff too :o

[19:12:06] * psx|Misirlou|FC|x4 is now known as psx|Misirlou|FC|x5

Anything Judy can do, Pandora can do better, and faster! Dropped ticks like a mo fo, and can't squeeze, but who is she to complain, she just freakin' FCed Misirlou O_O

*dinner break interlude*

[20:08:10] * psx|Misirlou|FC|x5 is now known as psx|Misirlou|FC|x6

Axel is too cool to use SP. On the flip side, he's terrible at holding ticks. Holy shit I can't believe he dropped one, what a scrub.

[20:37:22] * psx|Misirlou|FC|x6 is now known as psx|Misirlou|FC|x7

At this point we've learned that none of these characters can adequately squeeze. Izzy is still ahead of the pack (even though he has had the experience of FCing the song, unlike the rest of the line up).

[22:01:13] * psx|Misirlou|FC|x7 is now known as psx|Misirlou|FC|x8

Casey is by far the worst strummer in the world. It took her FOREVER to FC the thing (she even blew an FC 3 notes from the end, FUCKING USELESS BITCH), and she did it with an optimal path: 2-next note, 2-next note, 2-next note, 2-about ten notes later or something (at that point she didn't care, and just kinda pressed select randomly). She thought her path was good, but not good enough. Izzy is still out squeezing the pack!

[22:21:03] * psx|Misirlou|FC|x8 is now known as psx|Misirlou|FC|x9

Lars, on the other hand, used what he thought would be an even better path: 4-4. But unfortunately it was not good enough to outdo Izzy.

[22:29:45] * psx|Misirlou|FC|x9 is now known as psx|Misirlou|FC|x10

Yep, 8 minutes. Clive didn't break a sweat. He might as well have sneezed and FCed the bastard. He utilised a 3-3-2 path, but still not good enough!

[23:01:33] * psx|Misirlou|FC|x10 is now known as psx|Misirlou|FC|x11

Xavier Stone took about half an hour to FC it, but it looked like he had a pretty damn good path. He used 2-2-4 (some of the hard players might recognise that path, gasp!) and got quite close to the mark that Izzy had set just days ago. But still not enough.

And then there was one...
[23:59:25] * psx|Misirlou|FC|x11 is now known as psx|Misirlou|FC|x12

Now, Mr. Grim Ripper wasn't quite so sure about paths in general, so he enlisted the help of one of scorehero's pathing beasts in prebensoerensen. preb suggested that Grim used a 5-2 path (both immediate), to which Grim felt was a great idea! Wupun piped up though and provided some incite, suggesting that the 2nd activation be pushed back to the triple chords at the end. Grim agreed, and with the help of preb and Wupun, went about to FC this beast. Despite actually blowing the FC once during the triple chords trying to activate, and literally telling the game to fuck off because it was glitching, he shouldn't have been missing etc, Grim finally defeated the beast that is Misirlou. But his score was not good enough.

Moral of the story: Izzy is the best squeezer/pather in the world (as clearly demonstrated by the above story, any objections will be met with laughter and pointing and possible lols), and that was 8 hours well spent imo.

In all honesty, my arms are NOT going to enjoy this in the morning haha.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 49 of 70

Jump to: