ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Metallica - Score tracking Now Live!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Guitar Hero Metallica - Score tracking Now Live! Reply with quote

It's now midnight on launch day and score tracking capabilities are up for Guitar Hero Metallica.

The system is very similar to the GHWT tracking except the new drums-exclusive difficulty, Expert+ (X+) which is designed for charts that include double bass patterns and needs a bit of explanation here.

You will notice this new difficulty on the site under 1-part drum sections within GH:M. Since only the drummer can play X+, multiplayer sections do not have a separate category for Expert+ rankings, but you're able to specify the drum's difficulty upon score submission.

Another thing to note is that not every song has Expert+ available. Right now, if you try to insert a score to one of those songs, you'll see a error message indicating the difficulty does not exist. I plan to hide these songs from appearing on the list entirely, but didn't want to delay score-tracking in the meantime.

Lastly, you will notice the tiers are setup in one gigantic "Main Setlist" tier at the moment. This is temporary until people play through the careers on each instrument (and band career), and then I'll be updating them in similar fashion to GHWT and recalculating all the tier ranks at that time.

Let me know if you have any questions or find any bugs. Enjoy!

Last edited by JCirri on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:49 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
MuDvAyNe  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: Guitar Hero Metallica - Score-tracking Now Live! Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
Another thing to note is that not every song has Expert+ available. Right now, if you try to insert a score to one of those songs, you'll see a error message indicating the difficulty does not exist. I plan to hide these songs from appearing on the list entirely, but didn't want to delay score-tracking in the meantime.

I think the error message will more than suffice for the time being...nice work as always SH staff.

<--Click the banner for the video
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: oXMuDvAyNeXo
dusanmandic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy f'ing crap that was fast!

Really great work Jcirri... as always you deliver the very best for ScoreHero.

Zomg an in AFTER Lock!!!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Phyrexius Zero PSN Name: dusanmandic2112 ICQ Number
Maygs  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job, I wonder how long it will be until we see all songs FC'd.
Amanwithapencil  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, the game isn't even out yet where I'm at.... Nice job.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Job!

Will be getting this at 9 tomorrow morning
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Rade manrulez
Zamura  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

talk about on the ball.. nice work...unfourtunately i can't get this until 1:30pm today b/c of blue laws....curses...
skylerinman  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was a lot faster than GHWT tracking
dclapp wrote:
Fork1 wrote:
I quit. This team is Deadhead6391s now.
you quit? so no more hacking YT accounts then?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: skylerinmanSH
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick, stupid question: I can't enter demo scores into here, right? You can tell the difference in the results screens because the demo gives you no money and has alot less of the black scribble on the paper. I'm on vocals if that makes a difference.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its released
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Rade manrulez

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I really appreciate the quick update. Too bad I don;t have the game yet.
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
Quick, stupid question: I can't enter demo scores into here, right? You can tell the difference in the results screens because the demo gives you no money and has alot less of the black scribble on the paper. I'm on vocals if that makes a difference.
I don't know if there are really any differences, but I'm guessing the answer is no. You'll probably just have to keep your scores under the GHM Demo section.

Nice job JC and staff on getting this up so quickly, I can't wait to eventually get this game
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballtom3685 wrote:
NavyCherub wrote:
I don't know if there are really any differences, but I'm guessing the answer is no. You'll probably just have to keep your scores under the GHM Demo section.

There aren't any gameplay differences, unless there's a cheat I don't know about that turns everything into talkies or something like that. I know it isn't likely, but I would like confirmation so I can let go of my hopes. >_>

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:

Correct, demo scores still belong in the demo tier under GHWT and would be in violation submitted elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's just my browser, but no scores are showing up. At first I figured it's because no scores had been put up yet. But at the bottom of the main page in the "recent submissions" or whatever section, there are clearly GH:M scores. But when I look at "Top Scores," none of the songs even show up.

edit to add that I CAN see scores through the "Manage Scores" and clicking various songs. Huh. I don't even have it yet, but just wondering if it's my browser or if there's a bug in the "Top Scores" sorting or something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: