ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Proposed new General Chat rules
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Thread Hall of Fame -> ScoreHero Staff (April Fools' 2009)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ouzo  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, real mature guys. I make one remark about me choking up at the end of The Notebook and you immediately take it the wrong way. And yes, I did also cry at the end of Big Momma's House, but you guys were clearly eating raw onions around me and I was already stressed over the announcement of Hillary Duff's new album, so cut me some slack.

Anyway, back to the proposed rules, I guess I could have elaborated my position a bit:
EWiggen wrote:
1. General chat is not a place to complain about your personal life. Therefore, no references to your own personal life should be made, whether talking about past experiences, current events, or future goals.

I like talking about my personal life.

EViggen wrote:
2. General chat is not a place to talk about the news. There are plenty of other sites where you can discuss and comment on news, such as digg, reddit, and others. Therefore, any articles discussing the news are now disallowed. This includes talking about anything on television, whether it be tv shows or sports events.

I like talking about the news.

Meshugguh wrote:
3. General chat is not a place for random music discussion. Time and time again, we have been plagued with people discussing the same topic, asking what bands are good, etc. This stops right now. From now on, no music discussion whatsoever is allowed.

I like talking about music.

Zeppelin wrote:
4. General chat is not a place for academia. We are not meant for homework help, or discussion of academic topics. Therefore, no discussion pertaining to any topics that you might discuss in a classroom is allowed.

I like talking about school.

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:
5. General chat is not a place for arguing or flaming. Therefore, no discussion of potentially controversial topics is allowed. If you have an opinion, keep it to yourself. If it is somehow possible to make your topic controversial in any way, do not post it.

I like to argue.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouzo wrote:

I like talking about my personal life.

I like talking about the news.

I like talking about music.

I like talking about school.

I like to argue.

Here's some constructive criticism for you: No. If you really want to talk about those things, use IRC or the mod forum. We're not talking about you here, it's the users. Hope you get the point now.

Don't mean to offend your woman's intuition, ouzo, but you're wrong about General Chat. So, so, terribly wrong.
Ouzo  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, but Ewiggen, you fail to see my underlying message which is that users like to discuss stuff. You deny them the priveledge to discuss random subjects and all they will have left is boring Guitar Hero crap. Who really wants to discuss star power paths or DLC, honestly? Bring on threads about Obama clubbing baby seals and problems finding the Control Panel, I say.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case you hadn't realized, that's the first rule of General Chat: No guitar hero discussion allowed. So, no boring guitar hero crap.
Sully  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had enough of this nonsense. I'm done here.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
ManOfMrE  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all way too much drama. This is this kind of stuff that just supports my idea of resigning. Maybe then I can go back to posting whatever I want and not having to set a good example all the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Thread Hall of Fame -> ScoreHero Staff (April Fools' 2009) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: