ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH:M and others

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snoman  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: GH:M and others Reply with quote

Ive been hearing on how non vocalists (like me) can easy get through the careers, simply by putting the mic near to the speaker on Beginner. Ive tried this and failed misserably, and no one has given me tips and what exactly im supposed to do, so some help and guidelines would be wonderful.

Photobucket
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: XsnomanX PSN Name: Trueshadow000
SneakingZonia  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who would bother to do something like that???
Snoman  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

because its easy for the people who suck at singing like me.

Photobucket
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: XsnomanX PSN Name: Trueshadow000
SneakingZonia  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's cheating! Better to practice singing until you get better then. Most people do that.
Snoman  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dont care if its cheating, since im not gonna post it here anyway, been trying to sing since RB1, hard when you are tone deaf, failing songs I know by heart, just want to get vocals out of the way.

Photobucket
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beginner is all talkies... so if you don't mind actually inputting something into the microphone, there's no way you should fail on beginner. It's just a matter of being not quite as lazy as putting it up to the TV.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Megaman703  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But....beginner requires no tone at all...have you tried beginner?
Snoman  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Beginner is all talkies... so if you don't mind actually inputting something into the microphone, there's no way you should fail on beginner. It's just a matter of being not quite as lazy as putting it up to the TV.

I ask this only because ive barely had time to play anything, even guitar and all that, and to do this would help me get past vox without much effort. Its just annoying how the mic wont pic up the actual noise if thats all it takes on beginner, so knowing what the hell im doing wrong would be nice.

Photobucket
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fans work better.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snoman wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:

I ask this only because ive barely had time to play anything, even guitar and all that, and to do this would help me get past vox without much effort. Its just annoying how the mic wont pic up the actual noise if thats all it takes on beginner, so knowing what the hell im doing wrong would be nice.

Sometimes when I'm trying to path a song i just play it on beginner, and holding it up to the TV usually works fine for me. I can't say I know what you're doing wrong, but you could always try fans like NavyCherub said. Scratchy noise doesn't work for hitting the phrases the way it does in Rock Band, it has to be a long drone like a fan.

Sorry if my post came off bad before, I guess for me it would be more fun to actually sing the songs on beginner instead of let the TV hit them, but whatever you prefer.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Snoman  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ its fine, like Ive said ive tried singing and failing songs I know by heart on the easiest settings is very morale killing, so ive give up.

Photobucket
BOYOBOYY  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a broken microphone that will 100% songs on beginner, I wouldn't recommend breaking your microphone though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: