ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Continuing the Freeform Argument....Cheating/What Not
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt1592  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I intended to discuss cheating and freeforms- not the "I have a technique and I'm not sharing". Otherwise the thread would be "I found out a trick to freeforms but I'm to much of a douche bag to tell anyone". That's supposed to be for another time. And the people being assholes goes all the way back to before I even had a mic. Something that happen recently was one of my bandmates getting banned for no apparent reason after posting that we got 6 mil with video proof. They refused to tell him or me exactly why he got banned. Idk if I'm confusing this website to the GH: Community but it definitely remember getting a reaction that says these people are somewhat stuck up. I don't remember a single instance where I was singled out, but its more of the constant sarcastic remarks that come from people on forums. I'm not trying to insult you guys at all because you guys have a good thing going here. And for some reason I'm not going to feel satisfied until everyone does realize what I mean.

- This thread was inspired by the other freeform thread on here. I usually don't post but I usually look around to see whats going on. People make the comment that any vocalist can completely botch the song and still kill the freeform and get the top score. This doesn't typically happen at all because no body really knows how to do it. The system is flawed, but not really the leaderboards as much. The more people who know how to do freeform = the more the leaderboards will be flawed. This is why that I'd rather tell people how to do it in private rather than make some grand announcement on a forum.

- I think the topic that I was trying to discuss is settled, so if any moderator is reading I'd like you to lock it. Thanks
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd imagine the reason is because of this:

http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments&v=owYGUrQTk1Y&fromurl=/watch%3Fv%3DowYGUrQTk1Y

I'd like to apologize about how I jumped to conclusions but it's youtube and it seemed a bit fishy when I looked at the video.

I'd just really like to know how you get x8 so easily.

So yes- I am actually taking responsibility for souring Matt's opinion of Scorehero.

A later video shows Matt comboing most of Satan's Fall in that 11 minute song which is impressive on it's own 0__o

However I kind of think your attitude sucks to be honest. I'm not sure why Bannenbrot doesn't like Scorehero as well- y'know since he likes being ranked #2 on our leaderboards.
matt1592  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, getting a x8 is something I tell everyone. Theres just stuff after that that I really don't think ppl should know. Ill explain it... Just private chat me on XBOX because it'll take to long for me to type out and I'm on a PFO on XBL.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you'd like to dispute a ban, PM me and I can help you get to the bottom of it, but I ASSURE you that the mods would not make a ban without a good reason (former mod speaking). Mistakes happen, but again, it's not something to hate all of ScoreHero for.

Second, I'm curious how you're going to determine who are the "good vocalists" that are worthy of obtaining this information. Like I said in my last post, I believe everyone should have an equal opporunity to play their best at this game. If everyone knew how to do the freeforms, then only the best vocalists would be at the top, because they can still combo more of the song.

I also find it humorous that you accuse SH of being stuck up but open your first post with "Okay okay okay I'm #1 and I know everything there is to know about freestyles." For some reason, opening a post like that sends a message that you're actually going to try and, you know, help us with vocals since you're so amazing at them. Instead you dangle this technique in front of our faces and more or less complain about how the leaderboards will be ruined if people find out. They won't be ruined... more people will be just as good as you, which, though hard to believe, isn't a tragedy. It's called, "competition."

But whatever, you're under no obligation to tell us. I'm sure one of us will figure it out eventually, and then not feel bad at all about beating you. :P

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
matt1592  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O yea... this was supposed to be a reply in the other the freeform thread. I copied and pasted it out once I realized that the thread owner didn't want it in his thread I started my own. Thats just my fought for being sloppy. I didn't say you guys were stuck up- I'm just saying that from the standpoint of an average person they would get a stuck-up kinda feeling.

Like I said, getting a 8x easily is something that I'll tell just about anyone that truly cars about vocals. That is something they should know. But after that idk- its just a load of information.
Y2Grae  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hows about the "good vocalists" are the ones i and matt have been working with? ones we've spent hours/days/months conferring and working through freeform tactics together?

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but if you'd worked on something for a long time in a group, do you think you'd want to give just give out all your hard work? or would you at least want to discuss with the people you'd worked with to form the agreement for it?

now to repeat the previous posts/

yes we think we found a "trick", and no we dont feel particularily open to just giving out the info. if people wanna pm or talk on xbl then we can discuss stuff but just giving stuff out for free that we know isnt just going to happen.

Get to know us, get involved and then you can become a part of it.

oh and i'm #2 vocalist on wt (dont have metallica yet) so know what i am on about...
DeusExProcella  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y2Grae wrote:
hows about the "good vocalists" are the ones i and matt have been working with? ones we've spent hours/days/months conferring and working through freeform tactics together?

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but if you'd worked on something for a long time in a group, do you think you'd want to give just give out all your hard work?

Yes, yes we would. Because you seem to be missing the point that EVERY OTHER INSTRUMENT does this.

Microgrammar didn't have to make his tapping video, but he did anyway. HellAshes doesn't have to give out his fingerings for difficult parts, but he has an entire thread dedicated to techniques he's used effectively. The top drummers didn't have to reveal drum squeezing (on rock band) but they freely give out what the squeezes are. Same goes for pathing, there are people who are dedicated pathers who will freely give out paths to anyone who asks for them (Hailz and I have BrianBAM19 to thank for a lot of our paths, I'm just not a good enough drummer to pull them all off.)

So sure you can form this elitist little clique of yours and wave a big "nyah nyah" to everyone else, but you're really the only group of people who do this. Hell, people even revealed "secret" techniques for hitting the broken talkies in Rock Band 1 (rubbing out When You Were Young comes to mind) AND there's a thread on the Rock Band side detailing how to accurately hit the closest to broken talkie in Rock Band 2, One Way Or Another, reliably.

Really, the fact that you come to this board just for the sake of nyahing your secret technique over everyone really proves a childish insecurity on your part. Regardless of what someone may have said on a video or whatever, it's just plain rude and immature.

If you're really so certain that you guys are the best vocalists out there, give up whatever special technique you seem to have and see if you still maintain the top of the leaderboards.

It's what guitarists do

It's what bassists do

It's what drummers do

What exempts you from the decency to do it also?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Consanguinity Wii Friend Code: 519807246797
TyrantWave  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add onto Deus's point, I spend hours on my artwork.

If someone wants the parameter file for my artwork to learn from, I'll let them have it.

Why? Because I enjoy my art, and because then other people can learn, and in turn we help each other get better.
Y2Grae  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyrantWave wrote:

If someone wants the parameter file for my artwork to learn from, I'll let them have it.

Why? Because I enjoy my art, and because then other people can learn, and in turn we help each other get better.

and if the only input you'd had before was simpy "you cheat" or "you're a fake" would you be so inclined to be so open with your work to those? or more to the people who were in contact with you and actually talking to you?

yes there is a share feeling for guitar, but i still hear "i aint sharing my path" from people in top 10 on their instruments.

some share, some dont. like i said, talk to us and dont just expect it?
SneakingZonia  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess we could probably find out by ourselves, but really, it's just not that important.

I'll rather play for fun and stay right where I am at the leaderboards. I might improve, or I might not. This is just a game anyway.

Only thing I know, is that they are not cheating.
TyrantWave  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y2Grae wrote:
TyrantWave wrote:

and if the only input you'd had before was simpy "you cheat" or "you're a fake" would you be so inclined to be so open with your work to those? or more to the people who were in contact with you and actually talking to you?

yes there is a share feeling for guitar, but i still hear "i aint sharing my path" from people in top 10 on their instruments.

some share, some dont. like i said, talk to us and dont just expect it?

If I was asked to prove that I created my images then yes I would supply parameters, actually. To prove a point.

So far none of you have given any evidence and instead have just said "We have a secret technique". Yeah, that doesn't help your credibility at all.

Heck, I don't even play vocals, I just don't see the point of holding back information because you're too scared of losing your rank on a game.
matt1592  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONLY PROBLEM IS WE CAME ON THIS THREAD TO DISCUSS CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESUS CHRIST WE ARE NOT TRYING TO BRAG ABOUT SOMETHING WE FIGURED OUT. LOCK THE THREAD FOR CHRIST SAKE. THE ISSUE THAT THE THREAD WAS MADE FOR IS SETTLED!!

I've tried to be respectable as possible but you incompetent people would rather pick us apart for information. I'm done with this and I'm sorry I even decided to come on this website and defend the top vocalists (which includes GuitarHailz) and Guitar Hero period.

Real Cool
Ouzo  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt1592 wrote:
Something that happen recently was one of my bandmates getting banned for no apparent reason after posting that we got 6 mil with video proof. They refused to tell him or me exactly why he got banned.

Your friend was forum banned for being an annoying fuckwad, it had nothing to do with score.

matt1592 wrote:
ONLY PROBLEM IS WE CAME ON THIS THREAD TO DISCUSS CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESUS CHRIST WE ARE NOT TRYING TO BRAG ABOUT SOMETHING WE FIGURED OUT. LOCK THE THREAD FOR CHRIST SAKE. THE ISSUE THAT THE THREAD WAS MADE FOR IS SETTLED!!

I've tried to be respectable as possible but you incompetent people would rather pick us apart for information. I'm done with this and I'm sorry I even decided to come on this website and defend the top vocalists (which includes GuitarHailz) and Guitar Hero period.

Real Cool

How are the people in this thread incompetent for wanting to know how it's done? If you're not going to discuss technique in this forum, then you shouldn't have brought it up. You have no one to blame for how this thread turned out except yourself.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: