ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Game suggestion thread: PC Games?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Game suggestion thread: PC Games? Reply with quote

Welcome to the game suggestions thread!

What is this place? Where am I?
This is a thread to eliminate all game suggestion threads - recommending a game is counted as a "vote" for that game, and when a game gets a certain amount of votes, the game gets put up in the OP which acts as a list of the most recommended games here on SH. If you're looking for a new game, and don't know what's good, look no further than this post.

Can I ask for specific recommendations here?
Absolutely...if you have a genre-specific recommendation, for example, feel free to ask. All those recommendations get counted as well.

So what do I have to do to recommend a game?
Just say your recommend it! It's always good to give some reasons why you think it's a great game, but it's not always necessary - if you're in a rush, or the game has been talked to death already, feel free to just throw it out there.

Can I recommend games for systems not in the OP?
Sure! Since there are a seemingly endless number of systems which can get recommendations, I've only listed ones that have recommended games. But if a game for, say, SNES gets enough votes, that game along with the SNES will make the OP.

Is there a point to recommending games already in the OP?
Of course. The game suggestions are ordered by number of votes, and if a certain game gets enough votes, maybe I'll create another "Best of the Best" list or something. *shrug*

Can I see recommendations that AREN'T in the OP?
Yep - see below.

Can I take a vote away from games I don't like?
I've decided that I'm not going to allow this - the idea of this thread is to see what games people really enjoy, not to dump on games that are not as great. If you disagree with a recommendation, feel free to voice your opinion, but it won't be tallied in the vote count.

Can I see what games I've recommended so far?
Yep! The full list of recommendations also lists what users have recommended what games - just Ctrl+F to find out what games you've recommended.

What if I have an idea to make this thread better?
By all means let me know. I'm still not convinced the way I have this is the best so any and all input is very much appreciated.

Also - if you're looking for more game suggestions with very thorough reviews, check out the game reviews thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a list of all recommendations, click here.
Note that since this is an htm file produced from excel, it looks best in IE or Firefox. I don't have the initiative to change this -- sorry!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notable Game Suggestions:

Multi-platform

Call of Duty: World at War
Votes: 12
Platforms: 360, PS3, Wii, PC
Cod:WaW is a first-person shooter taking place in a WWII setting. It features an immersive single-player campaign taking place in a variety of locales. The single player is also well known for it's challenging Veteran difficulty setting. WaW is perhaps best known for it's multiplayer - the ability to level up and sport different "perks" that enhance the player's ability in once facet in another. Also wildly popular is the Nazi Zombie minigame, in which a team of players face an endless horde of attacking Nazi Zombies.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Votes: 12
Platforms: 360, PS3, PC
Cod4:MW is a first person shooter that puts the player in control of British and American soldiers in the war in the Middle East. CoD4 is best known for its revolutionary multiplayer system, which allows the player to gain experience to new weapons and "perks" (which give the player special abilities or stats) as they play and gain experience. The single player is also touted for being one of the best found in a modern FPS: expertly combining the quiet tension of sniping and stealth with the full-blown chaos of confrontation. Incredible, photo-realistic graphics seal the package.

Fallout 3
Votes: 9
Fallout 3 is the latest large-scale, open world RPG from Bathesda, set in post-apocalyptic Washington D.C. Fallout 3 is perhaps most credited for it's sheer amount of playability - most fans of the game claim to have sunk 100+ hours into the barren world of Fallout 3. Featuring real-time gameplay, a first-person perspective, and an endless amount of weapons, upgrades, etc., Fallout 3 is a must have for any Western RPG fan, somebody looking for a new take on the RPG genre in general, or somebody who is looking to get a huge amount of gameplay out of one game.

Bioshock
Votes: 8
Bioshock is a first-person shooter/adventure from 2K Games that takes place in the mysterious underground city known as Rapture. One of the most critically acclaimed games of 2007, Bioshock mixes together RPG elements and first person shooting mechanics. The player can use "Plasmids" (genetic enhancements that allow the player to throw fire, mind control, and the like), and an assortment of guns to take down the enemies, all of which can be leveled up. Be prepared - Rapture is an engrossing city, one that will engulf you in terms of atmosphere, graphics, and history. The story is one of the deepest in any game of this generation, drawing heavy influence from Ayn Rand. All in all, Bioshock is a must-have single player experience (note: no multiplayer).

Guitar Hero (Series)
Votes: 8
Platforms: Every Platform Ever.
Fact: you are currently on Scorehero. Fact: You probably already know what a HOPO is, where the BNoF is, and who some of the best players of the game are. Fact: That means you are already a pretty damn big fan of this series, and already know way more than I should have to say in this excerpt. Now go play you addict.

Grand Theft Auto IV
Votes: 7
Grand Theft Auto IV is the newest sequel to the original open-world game from Rockstar, and the first to land on next-gen consoles. GTAIV takes the sandbox style of gameplay back to Liberty City, and lets the player have complete freedom over where they go and what they do, whether it be casually driving the streets of Liberty City or going on a murderous rampage. Notorious for it's mature content, GTAIV features more options for the player to do than ever, and takes the story one step further than any of its predecessors with evolved character development and conflict, outstanding voice acting, and top-notch writing.

Rock Band (Series)
Platforms: 360, PS3, Wii
Seriously...it's Rock Band. The first full-band rhythm game from the original makers of Guitar Hero, Rock Band sets out to do it all - and succeeds. If you honestly don't know all about this game already...you don't spend enough time on this website. Shame on you. Click here.

Burnout Paradise
Votes: 5
Platforms: 360, PS3
Burnout is one of the most popular and critically acclaimed arcade racing series since its debut. In this iteration on the 360 and PS3, Burnout: Paradise turns up the volume in its best iteration yet and a must-have for any arcade racing fan. Paradise takes to the idea of open-world racing, allowing the player to drive endlessly, choosing various races and challenges along the way. An expansive online mode also takes the spotlight, featuring quick and easy competition with your friends and a seamless extension of the game's open world concept.

Xbox 360

Halo 3
Halo 3 is the greatly anticipated 360 installment of one of the most critically acclaimed first person shooters series on the original Xbox. Master Chief returns to continue the storyline of Halo 2, using a more straightforward narrative to deliver it's epic single player campaign. Halo 3 is more or less a simple extension of it's predecessors; there isn't a lot of innovating but it steps everything up a notch, including vehicles, weapons, and multiplayer. Halo enthusiasts have always been in it for the multiplayer, and Halo 3 is no exception. New modes, a map editor, and an arcade-style co-op mode adds to an already exhaustive Halo experience - and one that should not be missed.

Sony PS3

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is an action adventure game with elements of shooting, platforming, and puzzle solving set in a jungle locale. The new IP from Naughty Dog is probably best described as a jack-of-all-trades type game where each trade is done extremely well - the shooting system is excellent, and is likely to set a precedent for many third person games to come. The platforming is on part with some to today's best games - Prince of Persia-esque wall crawling and jumps are executed almost perfectly. All in all, Uncharted is a refreshingly fantastic game for anyone, especially those who enjoy the genre (see: Tomb Raider).

Nintendo Wii

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Votes: 6
For many, the fact that a game has "The Legend of Zelda" in its title is sufficient grounds to purchase a game. Twilight Princess is one reason why. Link is back in Twilight Princess, but the Wii version boasts some new features - Wiimote controls, darker atmosphere (including a "Twilight realm"), and the ability to play as a wolf. The story in TP is often regarded as one of the better epics in the historic series, and the combat and ingenuity of level design is as proficient as ever. Simply put, TP is one of the best games on the Wii, and if you are an adventure game fan, or a LoZ fan, TP is a must-have.

Super Mario Galaxy
Nintendo continues it's lengthy tradition of fantastic games featuring America's favorite plumber in Super Mario Galaxy. In this Wii iteration of Mario's adventures, however, Mario must traverse alien planets with different gravity and gameplay mechanics. However, core Mario-isms are still here: Mario must collect star bits from classic enemies such as Thwomps and Goombas to thwart Browser's evil plan to (you guessed it) kidnap Princess Peach. If you own a Wii, make sure not to miss the most critically acclaimed adventure since Super Mario 64.

Nintendo DS

Mario Kart DS
It's unlikely that back in 1993, Nintendo could have any idea what an impact putting Mario in - of all things - a go-kart could have. But here we are, more than a decade later and Mario Kart has gone portable on the DS, sticking to the same formula and gaining critical praise all the same. Indeed, Mario Kart DS heralds back to the gameplay of Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 - and tosses in online play and the ability to play with eight people on one cartridge. A healthy amount of expertly designed new tracks accent classic ones in the single player campaign, while the familiar vs. and battle modes return in multiplayer. In its DS landing, Mario Kart cements itself as one of the must-have, all-ages party games of the last, current, and likely next generation.

New Super Mario Bros.
Nintendo brings back 20 years of classic gameplay in New Super Mario Bros. Aiming to rekindle the fun and enjoyment of the original 3 side scrolling adventures featuring mario, New Super Mario Bros. pits you in over 80 levels with some old and new tricks. Simply put, Nintendo has done a fantastic job of capturing what was so fun about the original games, and modernizing them to be just as fun on a new, portable console with two screens and fantastic graphics. As the name suggests, any fan of the original Super Mario Bros. should not shy away from this excellent follow-up.

Pokemon Platinum
For most fans, Pokemon is an easy choice. Either you have thoroughly enjoyed the series in the past, and continue to enjoy them, or you don't pay it any attention at all. For either category, Platinum is a great game to have a look at. The RPG basics of the series are all still here - your ultimate goal is to capture as many Pokemon as you can by battling them using RPG mechanics. Platinum essentially aims to perfect the Diamond and Pearl versions of the series - those who have already played both these games might not feel the need to get Platinum unless the limited amount of added bonuses are intriguing enough. For Pokemon fans and newcomer RPG fans alike, Platinum is a sure bet.

Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Since the introduction of the revolutionalry DS, puzzle games have utilized the touch screen in arguably the most inventive ways. Professor Layton and the Curious Village is a prime example, but over 130 unique and inventive puzzles aren't the only thing it brings to the table - a quirky, charming store with drive an adventure that is fun for both kids and adults. For those looking for a good puzzle fix on the DS, or even just a fun adventure, look no further then Professor Layton and the Curious Village.

Phoenix Wright Series
The critically acclaimed Phoenix Wright series is one which takes many names and faces, but all are ultimatley driven by the same gameplay mechanic - you are a lawyer and you have to solve cases. Each case consists of gathering evidence necessary for trial, and then drawing the necessary conclusions to prove your case is air-tight. Along the way, you'll play as various characters (in the early installments, this is Phoenix Wright himself) and meet a handful of smart, funny, and just plain weird characters to drive a surprisingly compelling story that is hard to find in a DS game. Phoenix Wright should not be missed.

Nintendo 64

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
In what some consider the greatest game of all time, the Link from Nintendo's previous 2D "Legend of Zelda" installments goes 3D in an epic adventure to save Princess Zelda from the clutches of Ganandorf. Time, as in the past, becomes a central theme as our hero of time gains the ability to travel through time. Link travels through more than 8 dungeons, 3 as a child and 5 more as an adult, where Ganandorf has created an empire over the once fruitful land of Hyrule. Along the way, Link meets a handful of races and acquires an assortment of items to aid him. Ocarina of Time is a game that has become synonymous with not only the Nintendo 64, but with videogames in general, and it is an absolute must play.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
After the smashing success of Ocarina of Time, Nintendo falls up with another time-centric, fantastic adventure featuring Link once again. Majora's Mask diverges from the standard LoZ formula by forgoing the inclusion of Princess of Zelda - instead, the story centers around a mysterious boy with an extremely powerful mask. Friendship is a huge theme in MM, in terms of story and also gameplay. Link must make friends, acquire masks, and figure out how to save the world in 3 days, when the moon is expected to crash straight into the world. Quickly Link gains the ability to travel back and relive the last 3 days before the disaster occurs, in which time he is required to beat dungeons and side-quests. Although not as impactful as Ocarina of Time, many consider to be Majora's Mask one of the most refreshing Legend of Zelda games, and it is certainly not one to miss.

PC

-------------------------------------------------

You can find a list of all recommended games and their vote count here.

Last edited by suspectfenster on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:05 pm; edited 31 times in total
Shatakai  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should include suggestions for PC.
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shatakai wrote:

My bad, I had intended to do that when I made the thread. Added.

EDIT: I'm going to throw out a couple of recs for 360 and multiplatform:

Left 4 Dead: Amazing online multiplayer, and a strong SH community.
Fable 2: Great follow-up to Fable 1, more of a good thing is always nice
Resident Evil 5: Co-op makes the game - AI can be dumb as hell as times
Braid: Crazy good XBLA game, amazing art style and puzzle mechanics

EDIT: I've gone through the last few pages of threads, and retroactively added some recommendations from people who gave a little insight to their recommendation. Added to the list are follows:

boyler4 wrote:
Get PSN points and buy Noby Noby Boy. It's only $5 too. It's by the makers of Katamari Damacy, so if you don't like weird games, disregard this. But it is a great time waster. Plus, you could help us get to Mars

FinalAeon wrote:
In short:

- BUY
* Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (half priced by now, I think)
* Metal Gear Solid 4 (Platinum Edition out in Japan, so price drop should come in US soon as well)
* Valkyria Chronicles (full priced but worth every penny)

CorpusCollosum wrote:
Go for old classic of TMNT 1989 Arcade. I think very few arcade games out there top this one. The 4-player online co-op is an awesome plus (not sure if people still play this much, but there have to be some out there... actually I'd play with you if you want).

Dynafire wrote:
I can't believe you guys haven't mentioned DOOM yet. It's one of my personal favorites from the XBL arcade, and a tremendous bargain at 400 points. You'll be hard-pressed to find anyone to play with online, but single player is still great.

IndestructibleSD wrote:
Killzone 2 is a fantastic first person shooter that came out in February, and it's still very popular among a lot of PS3 users. The controls take a bit to adjust to, but I highly recommend it. Uncharted Drake's Fortune is also an awesome game, although I think the sequel is coming out pretty soon, so maybe you should wait on that.

RaNdOmK1d94 wrote:
Must have games for the PS3 imo:

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune:
Amazing action/adventure game and makes the most of PS3 graphics

Call of Duty:
Decent graphics, good offline story mode and online game mode that you can play for days, hardly ever gets boring, if you like modern shooters get cod4, or world war 2 shooters get cod5.

Burnout Paradise /Grand Turismo:
Depending on whether you like real cars and amazing graphics, or toy cars and an open world either of these is a must have for a racing fan.

Fallout 3:
One of the best, if not the best RPG on PS3 at the moment.

billsfan444 wrote:
If you want a really addictive game that will consume a lot of hours, then your only choice is Fallout 3. Or Resident Evil 5 if you can wait a few days before it comes out.

Slayerpwnsu wrote:
Skate 2 Is the only game I've played lately that has actually kept me interested since the day I got it.
There are awesome bail competetions, which I will never tire of.
Mercanaries 2, also awesome.
Blow lots of stuff up, and has a pretty good long storyline.

donrandall wrote:

Left 4 Dead, my favorite multiplayer game thus far.. so fun to team up with your buddies and kill random infected!

Also: definitely throwing in my two cents on Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. A great, great tactical strategy RPG that actually poses a challenge. Story could be better, but anyone who digs the genre should pick it up.

Last edited by suspectfenster on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Qarx  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shatakai wrote:

Mac, as well, then. It's got games exclusive to itself, as well.

suspectfenster wrote:
Hopefully, this isn't a completely fail idea for a thread - I'm just trying to find a way to counter these countless game suggestion threads.

I'm sure the Staff will thank you for the sentiment, at least.

Add a rule that says you have to say the reason you recommend the game. You know, no listing games at random, or just saying "I say get this game because it's awesome!". Legit reasons as why one should look for the listed games would be helpful, I'm sure. Some of which could be incorporated into the OP to be even more helpful to anyone who just finds this thread looking for game suggestions.

I'll come back later with suggestions of my own, as well as legit reasons why I'd recommend them.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:

Add a rule that says you have to say the reason you recommend the game. You know, no listing games at random, or just saying "I say get this game because it's awesome!". Legit reasons as why one should look for the listed games would be helpful, I'm sure. Some of which could be incorporated into the OP to be even more helpful to anyone who just finds this thread looking for game suggestions.

Right, that was pretty much my exact thought process. Thus the bolded part of the OP.
rkcr  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm for it!

Sticky.
BadgerBomber  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right here we go *prepares self*

Nintendo DS:

Sonic Rush (Imagine the older 2D ones but with the added option of boosting for fast paced action)

Sonic Rush Adventure (Like Sonic Rush but with a overworld and also using vechiles to get to your next destination to give extra gameplay)
Metroid Prime Hunters (Deffinetly in the top 2 of the FPS's on the DS. With a decent campaign and also being able to use all the characters in online is very good)

Mario 64 DS (Liked Mario 64? Ever wanted to play it with Yoshi, Wario or Luigi? Well you can, you must unlock each of the characters including Mario of course. Levels look alot nicer and the mini games are fun too)

New Super Mario Bros (Just like your standard 2D Mario game but with nice graphics, mulitplayer and mini games its a good game)

Pokemon Diamond/ Pearl/ Platinum (These games can eat up your time like crazy and are really fun. Think its for children? Check the competitive scene and see how complex the game is. Try getting all 493, it will take you ages)

Wario Ware Touched (A game with loads of touch screen mini game madness, very fun)

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (Want a turn based strategy game with a good story? This game is for you, all the units and gameplay are good. Levels can give you a challenge)

Moon (You look at some videos and tell me that it doesn't look nice. You'll fail haha. Its the only DS game to run on 60 Frames Per Second, very decent shooter)

GTA: Chinatown Wars (Like the old GTA games? You'll want this, great look, decent gameplay and gimmicky touch screen stuff make this very fun)

Mario Kart DS (One of the best racing game on the DS, its got everything you want in a Mario Kart game. Also the online is good too, allowing you to make your own emblem to use on your kart to make sure your more of a indiviual)

Advance War: Dual Strike (If you want a strategy game with a more modern feel (Units and Enviroments) then you'll probably want to go with this than Fire Emblem)

Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Your over the top Zelda games, with a really nice look, gameplay is good, all touch screen work is easy to get to grips with and will easily be able to incorporate it with fighting. My only personal beef with this is the boat bits to get around, though this time around you only have to tell the boat where to go on the map rather than control it)

Final Fantasy 3/4 (If your a Final Fantasy or RPG fan then you don't need an explantion to get these as they are very good)

Phoenix Wright (All games) (Being a attorney couldn't be so fun, who doesn't want to shout objection into the mic. The cases are interesting and you'll want to keep going to solve that case once and for all)

Castlevania (All games) (Like 2D platformers but want to kick the crap out of demons? Yeh these are very decent, gameplay is very good. One or two of them allowing you to absorb souls and use your enemies abilities against them. All the bosses are over the top battles using ridiculous moves but you'll feel proud to defeat them)

Trauma Centre (All games) (These games are challenging end of. Being a doctor is tough indeed, though really fun)

Animal Crossing: Wild World
(This game has no end, so whats your objective? None, you just create your own little world. Get your own house, decorate it how you want, make it bigger. Go do jobs for people, collect fossils, fish. Two nice little features; first one being if its winter, it'll be winter in your game. The second is it is mutliplayer so you can go into peoples worlds and look at their towns and help them and vice versa)

Peggle DS (Very vibrant and colourful game in which with 10 balls you must hit all the orange pegs to win. Hitting the oranges increase your mulitplyer, blue is your bog standard peg to get points, purple gives you a big point boost and changes position and every shot and green allows you to use magical powers from one of the 10 characters you can use and you get 2 of these per level. Very fun and very addictive)

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BadgerBomber
Shatakai  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halo 3
Left 4 Dead
Grand Theft Auto IV
Fable II
Fallout 3
Gears of War 2
Gotsmack  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shatakai wrote:
Halo 3
Grand Theft Auto IV

I second all these. COD4 and 5 are very similar in terms of gameplay the obvious difference being 4 is Modern Warfare and 5 goes back to WWII. COD4 has to be one of the best Single Player campaigns I've ever played in an FPS. I haven't gotten very far in 5 yet single player. Both games are fantastic online and 5 gives you CoOp campaign.

In the racing genre you have 3 great games in Need for Speed Pro Street, Forza 2, and Burnout Paradise all of which you should be able to find at WalMart for $20 each.
DPooch  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the semi-useless post, but,
I kind of don't understand this thread.

Edit: the meaning, not saying it's useless or anything.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: poochz0rz
Gotsmack  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPooch wrote:
Sorry for the semi-useless post, but,
I kind of don't understand this thread.

Edit: the meaning, not saying it's useless or anything.

Say you buy a new system and you would like to know what are the great games to get - you come to this thread instead of starting a new one to ask the same question. There's nothing in the OP yet because it's a new thread and no game has met the current 5 yay vote criteria.
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Want game suggestions? This is your thread. Reply with quote

EDIT: Erm...I accidentally quoted my own post instead of editing it. Go me.

I'll take this opportunity to throw in my vote for World of War as well.
goldengoal7  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For XBL Arcade:
Castle Crashers
Braid
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
N+

They are all games that I've enjoyed quite a bit. They're all over/are 800 points though, so some good cheap games (400 points) I've found are:

Sonic the Hedgehog (Both 1 and 2)
Uno
Small Arms
Qarx  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wii:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl- Well, it sure deserves a vote despite being an obvious pick. A fun, unique fighting game; a must-have for anyone who owns a Wii.

Super Mario Galaxy- Remember Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario 64? This is the next step in the console games for the superstar plumber. A fun game with great controls, and plenty of Stars to collect. This one doesn't have that Blue Coin bullshit that Sunshine had going for it, which is a good thing in my opinion.

Mario Kart Wii- Mario Kart games are always fun, but this one has some new features added, such as having a wide variety of characters as well as Karts and Bikes. Being able to play online is a plus, but the only complaint I have is that you cannot control who's on what team and choose which "CC" you're playing. Because of that, making online tournaments is nearly impossible from what I can tell.

Guitar Hero World Tour- It's been ported to each console, but it's a fun game nonetheless. It's got a lot of songs, and even the Wii version has DLC now. Another thing that may be noteworthy if deciding whether or not to pick up this version in comparison to the PS3 and 360 versions is that the slider sections do not have purple ropes connecting them, which is often complained about on the other versions of the game (except for PS2, but there's no DLC for it). The timing window is still the same, so you could say they're slightly broken either way. The songs overall are rather easy compared to GH:3, but it's still worth picking up if you want plenty of songs for multiple games.

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn- A top-view strategy RPG. Control your units from above, carefully planning out your moves. With interchangeable weapons, many different types of units, all with their strengths and weaknesses, this game can be fun and challenging. If you already know a lot about the other Fire Emblem games, then you'll be glad to hear about Battle Saves. Sort of like if you were to use Save States in, say, an emulator; you can save at a specific part of the battle, and continue from there. Such as if one of the characters dies, and in some cases, this means a Game Over, so using Battle Saves is a wise idea. Did you screw up and Battle Save anyway? You can load the game from before you Battle Saved and start the battle over again. Better luck next time!

DS:

Animal Crossing: Wild World- If you've played Animal Crossing for the GCN, then you'll surely enjoy this one. If you haven't, it's fun anyway. Basically, you moved into a new town, only to find that, when you were moving into a house, you couldn't pay for it! You start the game working for the guy in charge of the town shop, Tom Nook. After a few chores, he lets you off the hook for now, but tells you that you still owe him a considerable sum (what with you having no money), and you can pay him off as you go along. After paying off your debt, and visiting his shop, he congratulates you for paying for your house. He speculates that you're not satisfied with the house, given how small it is. He then offers you a chance for him to build your house up, and thus give you more room. There's no refusing his offer; he'll just say you're lying about being fine with a small house and tell you he's going to be finished tomorrow. Talk to him the next day, and he'll tell you you owe him money again, and once again, you can pay him in installments at your convenience. This goes on for quite a while, allowing you to build the house more and more.

Pokemon Pearl/Diamond/Platinum- Badger Bomber pretty much summed it up =P.

Mario&Luigi: Partners in Time- This is an amazing Mario-themed RPG, and the sequel to Mario&Luigi: Superstar Saga. You play as Mario and Luigi again, but this time, you can team up with their baby selves. Mario RPGs tend to have a fun, unique battle system, with you controlling how much damage you give or take with the press of a button!

Mario Party DS- Mario Party, but in the form of a handheld gaming console. Find one or more people with a DS each, and you all can "Party" with various different themed maps and the like. It's probably my favorite Mario Party game just because you can carry it around and play wherever.

Mario Kart DS- If you're not playing Mario Kart Wii, this will definitely be fun. Much like many DS games, you can play with another player even if they don't have the game, but the other player can only play as one character: Shyguy on Standard Kart. It's great fun if you can find another player, whether it be in person, or on Nintendo Wi-Fi, this game offers many characters, Karts, and racetracks.

Sonic Rush- BadgerBomber, once again. You can play as two different characters, each with their own perspective of the storyline.

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass- The only Zelda game for the DS, this game offers Touch-Screen style gameplay, with you using your stylus to control Link. It has several dungeons, and there's even a pirate ship you can control, such as shoot cannonballs at other pirate ships. It's customizable, too, with many parts across the game, such as a salvage arm for reaching into the briny deep and grabbing treasure. My only complaint concerning this game is the Phantom Temple (or whatever it was called...), and that you have to go back there every single time you beat a dungeon. Remember going back and re-forging the Four-Sword in Minish Cap (if you've played it)? This is way worse, to say the least. It's lengthy, boring, and you have a time limit. The rest of the game is fun, but going back to the same dungeon again and again is just annoying.

-EDIT: Picking up the game again, I found another thing to complain about: the shops. Getting everything in the game must be pretty close to impossible, due to the item values changing, as well as the items in the shop changing at what feels like random, and it's hard to get loads of Rupees without grinding. I'll have to look up a guide on how to get all the Heart Containers, Wisdom/Courage/Power gems and ship parts. That's not to say this one isn't worth playing, but being the completest that I am, it's going to be annoying to collect everything in the game.

Kirby: Superstar Ultra- Kirby Superstar remade for the DS. It's got a bunch of new features, as well as having everything from the original game. Several games, as well as a mode that lets you play as Meta Knight, much like in Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland, the GBA port of the NES game Kirby's Adventure.

Wow, this has gotten to be rather long. Guess I should have kept it short for each of them. I got kind of carried away .

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
GT409  

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS3:
-Resistance 1 & 2
They're probably the best FPS on PS3, great online play, also get the first game before the second one.

-Fallout 3
I've spent about 184 hours playing this since I got it about two months ago, great replay value.

-GTA IV
Other than the fact that it's GTA, the story is amazing, online is fun unless there is some 14 year old kid who swears at you and questions your sexuality whenever you kill him. Or maybe that could be fun, listening to a kid saying things he shouldn't, while playing a game he shouldn't be playing.

-Bioshock
Probably one of the best gaming experiences available, great graphics, also Bioshock 2 is coming out soon.

-Midnight Club LA
It's a good racing game, although it can get frustrating on some races, the game's LA is vey detailed, right down to the street signs.

Burnout Paradise
-Another good racing game, the no restart can get very annoying if you lost a race by a split-second, the car crashes are always fun to watch, when intentionally done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: