SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tidus' WoR XVox: Epic songs for epic friends! [GH Vox FSFC]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt6662  

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Graf - Thank you very much! It's just a matter of trying, and never giving up. If you have problems with important phrases for certain score, gogo Practice Mode and try to hit them some times.

Well, I'm not THAT much pissed off now. Don't worry, 'cause I didn't pull off a "Drew" nor smashed whatever I was using at the moment. I'll come back in due time, as soon as I recover from my cold or at least have a better throat without deaf spots.

Wait... what the hell did drew do?! And what the hell happened to cause that?!

Matt wrote:
I sometimes pull the chalk ball out if I am on the ground, but I usually stick my hand in the bag.
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: Matt6662 - He got pissed off while playing GH3 to the point when his rage led him to smash his LP. I said I didn't pull off a "Drew" 'cause I was pissed off as well with my repeated Albatross unsuccessful attempts, but didn't reach this point, happily. Thanks for saving me from double-posting anyways! On topic now...

Some days ago...

GuitarHailz wrote:
I'll have to warn you about Albatross. That song, is TOUGH. I still can't 5* it every time. Anyone with a 5* on that song is godly to me . Gogogo!

Guess my morale will rise nicely.

Holy shit, took a lot of tries, and I didn't even know there were still 2 "Fly on" phrases on the last solo. Well, I the 5* plinked on "Well I should've seen the sign" or something, so it was early

No luck with The Black River (the song was hitting my deaf spots, and I'm not used to do it with another octave yet), nor with Hit the Lights. I was hitting the last "Wanna stop again" on practice thrice in a row, went to the 1st one and barely got Solid on many attempts. What the hell. I'm giving up for now, got a great run already, the best non-FC on Scorehero so far.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many cookies for you sir! Albatross is a bitch and a half. Great work!!!

You'll get TBR soon. It helps me to play it a couple times, then try again the next day. It has a way of percolating overnight. It also doesn't help that the vocals in that song seem very quiet, so you can't exactly hear what you're supposed to sing very well at all.

If it helps I could always try to make a video of it. But I doubt I could reFC that song.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hailz - Thank you! Now I remember how I hate quiet vocals...a break is really good, as I witnessed myself on Albatross. And you on Hit the Lights! I wouldn't mind a vid. It doesn't need to be an FC, this will be another business in the far future for me.

Also, a brief detail. I can't actually believe the silly idea of giving up passed through my head while training Hit the Lights for naught. During Albatross, things got better in my head while remembering what the replies I received are for: encouragement. I'll never think again about giving up, just taking a little break for more stuff soon.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there I go...

Woke up and did a little GHM work. I gave priority on striking the non-Metallica songs. Three more 's, including these two dirty whores:

And Tuesday's Gone, very overdue. Stacked Actors was where I got "The Cure" achievement, and The Boys Are Back in Town looks like some sort of brother of Fight Fire with Fire, hence the reason why Hailz is doubting of herself, the phrases are irritating and the player has to get almost 100% of the lines, while you have to hit like 90 or 95% generally. Missed a single short syllab and you'll see a yellow flash. This is lame. If this shit doesn't get fixed on Smash Hits, or things don't get equal at least, big chunk of the nostalgia factor will go into oblivion.

Anyway, that makes 20 out of 21 non-Metallica . Guess: I have to cross the black river. I really need a help there. Suggestions?

Reptile003  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you like a singer in real life? cuz ur a monster on expert vocs... i dont get how you do it haha

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reptile - Thank you! I'm not real life singer. Guess it's some kind of habit for these things. Ya know, singing stuff while taking a shower, or while walking away or, hell, even some singalong while playing the old GH's (I used to do that more often on Carry On Wayward Son). But that's not enough. I've come a long way for this.

GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
The Boys Are Back in Town looks like some sort of brother of Fight Fire with Fire, hence the reason why Hailz is doubting of herself, the phrases are irritating and the player has to get almost 100% of the lines, while you have to hit like 90 or 95% generally. Missed a single short syllab and you'll see a yellow flash. This is lame. If this shit doesn't get fixed on Smash Hits, or things don't get equal at least, big chunk of the nostalgia factor will go into oblivion.

Glad I'm not alone in this sentiment. ^_^ Most songs are certainly tough but doable, but that and SCC both I've deemed impossible for me. Fight Fire With Fire is annoying, but hittable (BrianBAM made a video of the ending FC'd). But I'd venture to say that TBABIT is even more picky and more stupid. *sigh

Great job on those 5*'s though!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
matt6662  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On your way to getting Vox god on GHM now I see. Don't worry about FFWF or TBABIT, just practice them and you'll get the hang of it.

Matt wrote:
I sometimes pull the chalk ball out if I am on the ground, but I usually stick my hand in the bag.
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so... how does the GH:M engine compare to RB's

Great job on the FCs/5*s, I heard slides are REALLY hard to hit

REALLY

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see more than one reply in a row. Thanks folks!

Hailz - Honestly, you shouldn't be surprised, yet you can be really glad. I had this sentiment some time ago. I meant, the GH:M engine is identical to GH3 for instruments. So the error margin to hit the notes is bigger than on WT. So why an almost unexistant error margin for Vocals? o__O I came to hit one phrase or another from TBABiT choruses (including 2 in a row in my 5* run), but I can see why they're much worse than Fight Fire with Fire (I just forgot to call them evil brothers of FFwF). Length, variation...Well, I don't care about the FC myself, as well as you, for you deeming it impossible. Again, let's twist fingers for something fixed (or a bit tuned down, in my case at least) on Smash Hits!

Matt - Direct this to Hailz, and it'll get a little better But more seriously, Fight Fire with Fire was very hard to 5*, and TBABiT was almost pissing me off 'cause I was wasting lots of 5* runs missing SP before the last freeform (where I got the 5*, even if the score there sucked).

Lefty - Pain for vocalists, more relief for G/B/D players for having a looser window than on WT. So they'll have less problems with those nasty songs. If you talk about the slide notes, those which you don't have to strum, based on information I gathered, it's fixed, not having the insanely tight timing window like on WT. Just saying what I could get from the whinefest caused by GHWT slides. I don't even have guitar, so I haven't tried myself.

Whenever I feel like FCing something, next target will be Demon Cleaner. I had a choke already, but let it aside before getting too pissed off plus getting late to take the bus to the uni. I just need to learn that freeform to optimize the score...

Edit: Despite its awesomeness, and the challenge offered by vocals, it's being seen that GH:M has been wrecking my throat recently due to the greater tax of effort demanded from it to get the exact tune on the phrases (and not always working, for my frustration). Also, I wanted so bad to use my non-falsetto more often...

I'm taking the time to get a break, it'll be more or less like RB2. Who knows I come back better, at least, psychologically, to FC things and be more patient. And I'm training full-lyrics, so I may be doing that Fade to Black vid, FC or non-FC.

Speaking of kind, I know it doesn't belong to this side, but I wanted to sport this vid here, for possible former RB vocalists who frequent the GH accomplishments much often: it's my 1st atempt at a Vocal vid. I need some feedback, maybe this will encourage me into doing more.

Edit II: Just to don't get by here in blank, I disposed of a little "burden". Realized that I forgot to adjust the lag back to normal, after doing some shit with it to improve on Mercyful Fate. Took few tries, no choke after all. 10k+ on freeform, which could be better.

I really thank you people, especially GuitarHailz for all of the encouragement so far. Now I'll get a short break from GH:M to try to fetch something different on RB2. I'll be back real soon.

tidus  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't feel like playing Rock Band 2 to do something great, due to the environment conditions and maybe my own will. So I went to look for some trouble on GH Vocals. It's World Tour time though. The fact is that I've gotten considerably better at it. Got some cool runs, although I still suck at sightreads. Oh well...

Anyway, there is the 1st song I sightreaded on WT. FC con terrible SP y forma libre aún peor. Pero tomó menos tiempo de lo que esperaba.

And well, time to get a banner I guess...I was always missing on "And into obsoletion" since I learned those harmonized verses. When I hit both (on a horrible SP run, as always) my heartbeat skyrocked. Horrible SP overall, let half bar at the end, but I can't care less. However, I did a really dumb mistake: I took blurry pics, and deleted them. Assuming the other BYOB pic was an FC, I let it and went on. Damn. At least I have the setlist pic and I know it's an FC and 94%. If needed, I can re-FC it, although there wouldn't be no point on killing myself because of a handful of lowly forum posters raining on my parade.

And, this is my 1st GHWT banner! Mr. Green

More soon!

Last edited by tidus on Thu May 28, 2009 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Graf  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job on vox! Metallica and World Tour vox is a complete mystery to me. I feel like I am doing fine, but my combo breaks all the time. All I want to do is get the Stone Cold Crazy achievement, and it's such a pain in the ass. So what are your goals for the future? More World Tour? More Metallica?

\m/
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: APeX Graf
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf - Thanks buddy! The WT and Metallica engines are similar, what changes on Metallica is the ability to get 100%, and the unability to get away with the yellow flash, which makes Vocals on that game difficult overall. I personally prefer WT (yep) for this exact reason. As for the SCC achievement, I used this vid as a help, plus a bump down to Hard in that occasion (although I have 97k on Expert actually). The important point here is to have 3x or 4x and SP while going for the freeforms. Good luck! As for the goals, I gave Metallica a short break 'cause I was forcing my throat with all of that milimetrical pitching attempt, something I'm not used to. And WT has a significantly greater error margin, so less effort is required. I'm going for FC's and high scores on WT, and trying something periodically for Rock Band 2 vids.

arvain  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey not bad, BYOB has some tricky lines !! y La bamba tambien no te molestes con estas formes libres, este juego es totally glitched and the leaderboards are so broken !!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 44 of 92

Jump to: