ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Guide to Neatening up almost finished guides (freticons)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheTrueSatanist  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: The Guide to Neatening up almost finished guides (freticons) Reply with quote

Feat. the guide the relative placement.

Forward: In this guide, I will frequently use :- :. You may think this is a typo, but it is just to show what I am typing. When writing a guide out yourself, you can simply use the correct emoticon without spaces Step 1: Geting the sequence in regular freticons So, you have decided to help somebody using freticons. Step 1 is to put it into word, or another text editing program. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT THIS PROGRAM AS THE TOOLS FIND AND REPLACE.

Now, let’s take the red Snake :
----------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------ ---------------

This is our basic Red Snake. The Holds are represented by hyphens, there is no spacing and there are no SP notes. Now, you have to space the sequence out properly, otherwise, the tremolo and the 4 note scales will look like the same speed as the snake. What you should do, is firstly copy and paste in to your text editing program. I will be using word. Below I have copied and pasted the same thing I had above.

---------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------

--------------- I am going to write a mini-guide to relative spacing. In the Red Snake, we have 32nds. These will have no spaces. . TTFAF has 24ths (16th triplets) so those will have one space in between them. For 24ths, write it out as if it was 32nds then put spaces in. . Then we have 16ths. Seeing as 16ths take up half the space that 32nds do, it is simply common sense to have a : - : (Without spaces). Before the Red snake, there is a small section of 16th scales.
. For 12lths, just have a :- : and a space, 8ths should have 2 : -: and so on. Now let’s space out the Red Snake. A good thing to do, is to open up a new Word document, space everything out with spaces, and then find and replace all spaces with : -:s

----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------

--------------- As you can see, this has made a significant difference to the structure of the section. Next is to replace all hyphens with their correct hold image. There will be two steps to this. Step one is to replace every hyphen with the letter name+H so I will get this, which is even worse than hyphens. A good idea, is to open a word document and cut the :GRY----- etc into it, find and replace with :GRYH:

:GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH:
:GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH::GRYH:

:YBOH::YBOH::YBOH::YBOH::YBOH::YBOH::YBOH::YBOH::YBOH:
:YBOH::YBOH::YBOH::YBOH::YBOH::YBOH::YBOH::YBOH::YBOH::YBOH:
:YBOH::YBOH::YBOH::YBOH::YBOH::YBOH::YBOH::YBOH::YBOH:

:OH::OH::OH::OH::OH::OH::OH::OH::OH::OH::OH::OH::OH::OH::OH: The next part is the longest part. Go to AdamTL7’s Hold Freticon and compilation of all user created freticons page on SH Don’t forget to thank him, and everyone else who made one of these things. So, download all the freticons you will be using. In this case it will be GRY hold, YBO hold and O Hold. Download them and upload to Photobucket or Imageshack or wherever you prefer to upload your photos. Then, copy the image url and go to your document. Find and Replace all : GRYH: with the url for the GRY Hold freticon and do the same for all hold notes. You will end up with a well designed Red Snake looking like this:

You now have fully functional red Snake. If you want to impress and use SP freticons, Save and upload all of those and take the SP section ONLY in to Word, then Find and replace with the correct URL. It will look like this:

Now, combining everything, you will get an accurate Red Snake

Now look at what I had at the beginning. Isn’t everything much cleaner? I hope this guide has helped you. It only took 20 minutes or so to write, if there is anything that I missed, please tell me.

Requests for Freticon Makers:

1. EDIT: Already made, thanks zuqu.

Step 1: Get the Frets you press, with out the Hold freticons.

Now, we need to subsitute the Y and B for the Y and B with holds above/under them

Now we need to replace the gaps with holds.

Voila!

2. TheThirdDay: Could anybody change the colors of the whammies to light blue, to show that there is an extraction of starpower

3. yksi-kaksi-kolme: Could somebody please make the held note freticons with chords above them, eg a Green Held note with a BO above it

(waiting for requests, please post them)

F.A.Q.

Q. Do I need to upload the freticons myself?

A. Yes you do. If you want a long explanation, checkout inv4der’s Rock Band Banners thread, where Kawigi underlined why. To put it short, the more people who use them, the more likely they are to stop being functional. Uploading them yourself fixes this. Already, a few of these are non-functional unless you re-upload them.

Q. Why don’t I have to do this with the Official SH Freticons?

A. Ask JC

Q. This is useless.

A. Firstly, that isn’t a question. Secondly, This isn’t for everybody, this is just to neaten up mostly finished guides. I don’t want “LULZ UR GIDE SUKZ BAWLS.” Tell me what I can do to improve it.

More questions will be added as they are F.A.ed

Special Thanks: AdamTL7 – For his Post with Hold Freticons, and also compiling SP activations Squeezes, Whammies and Star Power Notes.

Z1ppy – For making all user created images to do with SP other than Whammy

erikj9 – for His whammy images, which, although I didn’t use, are very creative and nice looking.

zsjostrom35 – For writing the guide to writing guides. While I didn’t follow all his instructions and whatnot, it inspired me to make this, along with a newcomer in Website Discussion who asked how to use Freticons.

Some slogans for Scorehero, courtesy of Sloganizer
Scorehero. Impossible is nothing
I'd sleep with Scorehero
Some for TheTrueSatanist:
Jesus loves TheTrueSatanist

Last edited by TheTrueSatanist on Thu May 28, 2009 6:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
Moneybags137  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on this guide. It's too bad most people still will be lazy.

My Acc
Total Fcs [86] Latest: [Same Old Song and Dance]
Best(In terms of the Fc list): The Seeker
El jefe[4-7-09]
The log[4-10-09]
[51/70] FGFC GH3H
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: moneybags137
TheTrueSatanist  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

I mainly made this so Adam's hold freticons would get more attention, the hyphens are really annoying

I'd sleep with Scorehero
tearsofblood  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you only made one screw-up here.

those 16ths before the red snake aren't sp notes, only the red snake (minus, ofc, the last O) is an SP phrase.
TheTrueSatanist  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, they are SP notes, check Tma's chart of it.

I'd sleep with Scorehero
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The Guide to Neatening up yourfinished and unbottled gui Reply with quote

When I first clicked this, I figured I was gonna have to show you zsj's guide and tell you you've been beaten to the punch, but I actually really like what you've done with this. It does exactly what you said, neatens and just completes the guide, making it look very professional. I like it.

TheTrueSatanist wrote:

1. Make Freticons with notes higher than them. For example, say I want a R to RY HOPO sustain. The closest I can get is:

See that gap where the yellow fret is? Could somebody please merge these two, I don't have a PC with Paint and I don't know any free mac Image editors.

Check the last page of the "Hold Freticons" thread.
On the last page, zuqu wrote:
As a request from yksi-kaksi-kolme: Notes above sustains

In use:

Also, I'd like to make a request that someone would recolor the "whammied sustain" freticons to a light shade of blue to better represent that SP is being extracted from them. I actually may do this myself.

EDIT: Also, I happened to notice something about the url's of your freticons: they are named correctly. What I mean is, well, look at your red SP hold url: "http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww81/TheTrueSatanist/RedSpNote.png". It's simply called, "RedSpNote.png". How did you do that? Whenever I upload something to PB, it renames my images randomly. For example, the picture in my sig was titled something like "gameLoungeSig.png", but when I uploaded it to PB, it renamed it "9a306feb.png".
TheTrueSatanist  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The Guide to Neatening up yourfinished and unbottled gui Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:
When I first clicked this, I figured I was gonna have to show you zsj's guide and tell you you've been beaten to the punch, but I actually really like what you've done with this. It does exactly what you said, neatens and just completes the guide, making it look very professional. I like it.

TheTrueSatanist wrote:

1. Make Freticons with notes higher than them. For example, say I want a R to RY HOPO sustain. The closest I can get is:

See that gap where the yellow fret is? Could somebody please merge these two, I don't have a PC with Paint and I don't know any free mac Image editors.

Check the last page of the "Hold Freticons" thread.
On the last page, zuqu wrote:
As a request from yksi-kaksi-kolme: Notes above sustains

In use:

Also, I'd like to make a request that someone would recolor the "whammied sustain" freticons to a light shade of blue to better represent that SP is being extracted from them. I actually may do this myself.

EDIT: Also, I happened to notice something about the url's of your freticons: they are named correctly. What I mean is, well, look at your red SP hold url: "http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww81/TheTrueSatanist/RedSpNote.png". It's simply called, "RedSpNote.png". How did you do that? Whenever I upload something to PB, it renames my images randomly. For example, the picture in my sig was titled something like "gameLoungeSig.png", but when I uploaded it to PB, it renamed it "9a306feb.png".

Yeah I found zuqa's things very quickly after making that. Anyway, When I download images, it gives me the option to rename them to whatever I want, I chose Red Sp Note. Now When you upload to Photobucket, the URl has the name of the file you upload, not the heading you gave it when you upload.

I feel very strange giving T3D advice and telling him how to do things. :S

I'd sleep with Scorehero
TheTrueSatanist  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to show you the limited success of relative spacing, here is a short random sequence. 32nds, then 24ths.

I'd sleep with Scorehero
GHAddict  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've used this stuff before in one of my guides. It REALLY helps, it make it look a lot nicer.

[Customs] - Click here if you like awesomeness

Goal: FC 75% of ALL on-disc Guitar Hero songs (Band Hero doesn't count) - (430 / 575)
Current: 368 / 575 - (64%)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: