Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tidus' WoR XVox: Epic songs for epic friends! [GH Vox FSFC]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Grande Arvain - Gracias! No worries, yo estaba más centrado en el FC, sin preocuparse con formas libres. I was really proud of the B.Y.O.B. FC, aunque ambos han sido fáciles para usted.

Ops, mucho español I guess. I was psyched about FCing La Bamba so quick. Well, on a side note, I got another Rock Band vid, I'll try to fetch a GHWT one someday.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I thought this was time to get back to the gold old GH-ing.

Still without any chance to revive the SH Friends Rivalry, I realized I should do the stuff myself. And, in all of the occasions when I played amidst the hiatus, I haven't even touched GH2. As I expected, my will was all there.

I didn't manage to get any new FC's on this Saturday, all I got was chokes and shit. It was just to get the hang of it. But on this Sunday I got 3 new FC's. They're overdue, but eh?

I had 3 chokes on Verse 3 this Saturday, it was time to get this shit over with. Also, I really hate those 16th note triplets, I choked there periodically.

Ah, guess this gives me another banner! Mr. Green

This one was very overdue. I understood that I'll never hit the GRYYRG zizgag on Lefty Flip under pressure, so I changed to Righty to realize that I don't need anything for the YB trills.

1st try going through Chorus 2, after missing there twice yesterday. Not bad, another song that can't be underestimated because of those combo-killing bits. Wrong last activation, but I did it 'cause I wanted to relieve.

But, on the other side of the coin, how can I not call this an "epic fail"? Look at the damn streak. I missed 3 notes at Solo 2B! Hope to get this soon, maybe a break will do it.

More shit soon!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Reptile003  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, dualshock pawnage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reptile - Thank you! Glad to see that you're not a dualshocker-hater. I mean, how the hell one's effort on a DS would be rewarded with hate just 'cause GH was "meant to play with the plastic guitar"? Well, this is how I've been playing GH since October 2006, so well...

So...I have some options to reach 20 FC's. Just need to pick 2 of them. (I got Soy Bomb on 360 but whenever I want to get it on the PS2 either I forget the path or I get lazy)

Besides War Pigs, I got Carry on Wayward Son. Technical FC, but everytime I learn the Solo 3 I unlearn the Solo 1. Just need some patient grinding, despite the many post-Solo 1 chokes. Also, I have Collide. Sorta learned the chordy bullshit at Solo 2B, but for some reason I keep missing before it now, on the BO chord which cuts the string of hammer-ons. And, maybe there are some some songs I can really FC if I stop sucking (hello there PP(LL), Big Ending 1). Let's just see what happens.

Anyway, this is the 1st occasion in a long time I play without getting bored within the first 10 minutes, which happened easily with GH3. But, I don't know about my arm, as I played for 3 hours on Saturday plus 4 on Sunday. When I ended each session, it looked like somebody hit my arms really hard! Still, I'll play more as soon as I can, and July will be promising, as I can tend to compilate GH Vox accomplishments with GH Dualshock accomplishments for being more active. Stay tuned (whoever actually cares).

arvain  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually care very nice fcs !! The new black must be weird on a dualshock, and Laid to rest aaaaargh, congrats, this song is SO powning me, i can't be consistent with any part ! none of them are hard, but i still miss here or there in different spots everytime, and i don't like it enough to play it more than twice but you rock !! hope you'll get CoWs and War pigs after those chokes !! can't wait to see that !
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arvain - Thanks bud! Hating the song can pretty much be the only explanation to not working on it. Carry on Wayward Son is much harder than this, ya know. Laid to Rest isn't that bad, besides the 16th note triplets (the YBY bits), if you hold yourself on long streaks of Ho-Po's, especially everything from Verse 3 to the final GY chords. Shouldn't be too bad for you. About TNB, what was buging me is the fact that I didn't feel pumped up to do the GG[RB] parts before the solo, and never missing the same stuff after it. And of course, the Chorus 2.

After Everlong, La Bamba and B.Y.O.B., I want my 4th GHWT XVox FC to be Spiderwebs. That song is full of win, I really never found such a fun female-fronted song to sing on RB2 like this one. I missed an odd "I'm walking into spiderwebs" after hitting that stupid "Ooooh". A lil' better luck, and I'll FC that song and have an even more amazing feeling!

MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, nice FCs, tidus! Also, FC WAR PIGS! And I find the NS hilarious. I, too, once got exactly a 1000 NS on TLTB. It was awesome, but I deleted the pic being the dumbass I am. >_>
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrO - Thanks a bunch buddy! Dunno if I'll be going for War Pigs so soon, as I'll be busy all of the time except Wednesdays and weekends. And I generally pick the option of resting at Wed's. But, I may be going for it if I stop Vocals due to doubtful throat conditions (again...1st day of rigorous cold...damn ). The most likely thing indeed, but I need to FC Spiderwebs in order to make it happen Ah, while you share your 1000 NS story, you make the reply of the beast on my thread. Aww...shit is growing again...but it's too slow IMO

chemmajr  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot imagine actually FCing these songs on a Duel Shock. It is incredible what you have accomplished on the DS.

like if you take an orange and jab forks into either side, it's not an orange any more....it's some kind of cyborg fruit

ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bigwilly13x
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chem - Thank you! I feel better now that I'm still getting some respect with old things. On the other side, it's incredible how you get to squeeze so well.

And it's your own fault, I screen my phone calls...no matter-matter-matter-matter who calls, I gotta scree-ee-ee-ee-een my phone calls...well, you get the point.

Hit the stupid "Oooh" on 1st try seeing it yesterday. I had a few restarts by missing early. I believe this didn't take more than 20 minutes since I changed my IRC name. Haha Also, I fucking love this song. Nothing else to say.

On a side note, I started June very well, with bad throat and shit. /irony It's absurdly cold here, and when I get back from Uni at late night, not even 2 coats can handle it. So well, I'll try to resist the urge to play Vocals once again GH2 stuff is a lolno 'til weekend as well. Too cold to move to the gamestore, yet it doesn't compare to the cold on the north of the Equator at the end of the year Oh well...

tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the trimming commence!

Throat is better, WT Vox time. After 4 not easy FC's as the inicial ones (Everlong, La Bamba, B.Y.O.B. and Spiderwebs, in order), I was really happy. And I was formerly thinking about trying another tough FC for a banner, American Woman especially. But, being known that I would waste a lot of time, I prefered quantity over quality this time.

What I've Done - "Nah nah nah nah" was hard to hear, and I realized it was from the backing vocals. Took it to practice mode and no problem. The LP choice for RB2 was better, but this is still a great song whatsoever.

Feel the Pain - Song for my RB Vox debut vid, slightly harder on WT, still no problem.

Assassin - Siiiiiiiiinnnnnnnce wheeeeeeeen thiiiiiiiiis baaaaaaaand iiiiiisss ooooooveeeeeerrrrraaaateeeed? Anyways, badass song, used falsetto through 100% of it...

Ramblin' Man - This was way too easy. So much easier than on Rock Band 2, that I couldn't even improve myself at the phrases to even break 90%. Well, there goes a WT sightread FC with 88%

Pretty Vacant - Very easy as well, but I lack what it takes to get 100% on this. The high "And I don't care" phrases gave me the most hassle due to the huge drop at their ends.

Today - Great song. Much easier than on Rock Band 2, no doubt. Problem is: what is the last phrase on RB2, NSFT divided it into 4 choke-happy short phrases. Just choked once though.

Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast) - Despite mainstream-looking, I find it a great song. I believe this was the hardest one I got yesterday. The end of 1st chorus, much lower than usual, was kicking my ass, to begin with. Without mentioning the many dumb mistakes, and the headset was starting to show serious problems. When it finally started to work properly, I finally got the FC, almost 20k lower than my non-FC run, but I restarted there. Haha!

As I broke 10 FC's, new banner please? Mr. Green

My XBL Headset started showing problems, it simply stops registrating my voice periodically. I didn't do nothing, the mic was always near my mouth and all...well, let's see how it'll behave on my next Vox session.

P.S.: Double post...FUCK.

arvain  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZOMG !! your headset does the same thing as mine did !! i really hope it's not the end for yours !!! cause now mine is a little harder to make register...

also, nice work about those fcs i need to get back on wt and move my ass to get this fgfc ! the last 4 hard songs (not counting tool) will wait, i have to take care of the others. now gogogo for the next banner !! video soon i hope ^^

ps : don't be crazy and go for 100% on any other song than NSTB !! too much pain for so little reward...
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arvain - No worries, my headset looks much better, at least on Rock Band. And, got get that FGFC! If I ever make a WT/M video, I won't try for FC. I had way too much effort by humming alone, let alone with lyrics Also, I'll try to get the 20 FC's banner without NSTB, what 'bout it?

Back to GH2 Dualshock business, I keep learning and unlearning the hard shit at War Pigs and Carry on Wayward Son, so I went to choose an easier way to reach 20 FC's.

Woot, finally! On 1st try, I hit the chordy part of the 2nd solo after overstrumming the [BO]B after the string of hammer-ons! I knew it would be comin'!

I may be looking like a dick (the stinky one to boot), but this song is pretty chokeable. The YB trill, where I'm consistent at, and the BOBYBB part right after it, where it's easy for me, at least, to mess up. Took long, but there it is, GH2X FC #20!

And, another thing...although it belongs to my Hard thread, I thought I would show what I pretend to do as my next step on Hard. I FC'd both solos on Practice Mode on 1st try while bitching around, but I was way too tired to try something. Could barely reach the 1st solo flawlessly!

Missed after the random R and Y strums at 1st solo, and the GR trill on 2nd solo, plus a dumb mistake on Chorus 2, as always. This will be my next GH2H FC, I'm pretty sure of it.

TheLonging  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get some FC's on a regular guitar :P

No seriously, good job on FC'ing songs with a dualshock. I feel bad now because I can't pass songs with a dualshock/360 controller <_<

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
sukergod  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A FoP Hard FC would be quite epic tidus, if you can get both solo's then go for it!!!! Realistically the only songs I can see being harder are Troggy and Missy, even H18 is easier (only hard part is the trips in solo 9)

That would be one mighty FC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 45 of 92

Jump to: