ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Project: SP Path pages for GH1/2/80's/3/A

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rexisfed  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Project: SP Path pages for GH1/2/80's/3/A Reply with quote

Since we seem to be focused on getting SP information on the wiki, I thought it best we start translating debr's paths and tma's paths over to the wiki. I've done some work on the page for I Love Rock & Roll expert guitar, this is basically what it's gonna look like:

So, the idea here is anyone who's willing to help out can work on the SP pages for any song in these games, on any difficulty. Just try to emulate to look exactly like that page, using the same layout, text, spacing, etc. Ultimately these pages will have all of the paths for each song (big squeeze, bigger squeeze, nearly ideal, etc.) but for now I'm just gonna bother doing the no squeeze and upper bound paths as a basic skeleton. If anybody has ideas or suggestions on what to do with these pages (layout changes, additions, etc.) feel free to share.

To find these paths, go to debr's site (www.bradleyzoo.com), or for GHA paths use tma's site (www.slowhero.com)

edit: the text appears kinda small in that pic, but below each path there should be the text "Image Link" as a hyperlink to the picture of the path hosted on debr's/tma's site.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the most important factor in adding paths to the wiki is the format. I personally prefer something like this (from War Pigs Expert Guitar Rock Band):

4: YBO m50 (+1)
3: 2nd Y m80 (+2)
4: 3rd R m133 (+1)
2: Y m157 (+1)

Number of phrases to collect: activation point where m = measure (phrases overlapped during activation). Ending point would be a nice bonus.

I don't really like "wait four beats and activate."
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
Rexisfed  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the problem with that is that when it's just text the reader has no idea which measure is which. The text paths should be easier to read, whereas the pictures are precise (most people will probably use the pictures anyway).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoorayitsMike and I actually started adding SP to the GH3 section of the game and it looks like this I dont know if you want everything to be uniform but we got up to Kool Thing but then I just ran out of time to do things and I guess Mike did as well. So if our start is not good then someone can fix it but I do not have enough time to give to this project at the moment

like if you take an orange and jab forks into either side, it's not an orange any more....it's some kind of cyborg fruit

ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bigwilly13x
swordchucks4life  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexisfed wrote:
Well, the problem with that is that when it's just text the reader has no idea which measure is which. The text paths should be easier to read, whereas the pictures are precise (most people will probably use the pictures anyway).

I agree with you here, when I'm memorizing a path, it's SOOOOOOO much harder to think in terms of the notechart itself unless you're very familiar with the songs notechart. Even if I'm squeezing, saying "4th GY" or whatever still lets me know which not to activate on, or to squeeze.

And if you're saying activate on such and such measure, it really doesn't add anything to the optimal chart, because the chart already has that illustrated, so it's not like it helps your understanding of where to activate.

I view the Rexisfed's format as more of a method to help you memorize the path for when you're actually playing the song, and the other one as a method to explain your path to others when optimal paths are being discussed (like in the SP forums, before optimal charts are found, or just an alternate path I guess).

Sully's is great and all, but for all practical purposes when you're actually trying to use it, it really doesn't help when playing the song

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

XBL Gamertag: Swordchucks27

"It's not what you think, I know it looks like we're cleaning dishes but actually we're having sex" -Dr. Gregory House
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Swordchucks27
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this format will work well.

2 - 3R (4B) [1]

2 SP phrases accumulated. Activate on the third red. End on 4th blue that was under SP. You will overwrite one SP phrase.

Opinions?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@chemmjr: Yours is good as a start, it basically is like mine but without the text path descriptions, which we can add in later.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually write the paths on paper, but here's what I do when I write them down.

1.) I write the number of phrases (EX>> Kool Thing: 2-2-C3-2)
2.) I find where to activate it, what notes are before that, and write it down, and I also include next to it in parenthesis if its a squeeze, double squeeze, etc.
3.) I find where it ends, where in which I do the same thing again as above.

I do this until I have all the information written down, then I go and execute the path. So if you don't put up the pictures, it would be easier to follow that format, imo. Hope this helps a little bit.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: TheGrudge93
demolition23  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could the images not be copied across from slowhero for each sub-section? (If tma/debr don't mind). It would be quick and we already know that people like using the images.
Also, do we need to buy write access, or is it free to help?
TSorbera  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

demolition23 wrote:
Could the images not be copied across from slowhero for each sub-section? (If tma/debr don't mind). It would be quick and we already know that people like using the images.
Also, do we need to buy write access, or is it free to help?
Read http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93961
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Wiki Brainstorming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: