ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Smash Hits Full Demo FC + Some Vocals Stuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt1592  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Guitar Hero Smash Hits Full Demo FC + Some Vocals Stuff Reply with quote

Yea so I did the FC of the demo and I'm gonna put up all of my videos on Youtube tonight. www.youtube.com/mattguitarhero1. But I noticed something when I was playing Rock and Roll All Night. When you do phrases that has very short words/pitch lines it seems very helpful to lead the first note. The constant "And party every night" was getting me until I notice started to lead the first pitch. I noticed that the ball jumps every time I go from making no noise into the mic to starting a pitch. I'm guessing its from my breath or just from the ball going from where it was to the new pitch. But anyway... when you lead the first note that jump doesn't take away from the % hit in the section. It doesn't account for a whole lot, but in this game, every little bit helps.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are expert FCs still really that hard? I was disappointed with GH:M vocals; on World Tour I could actually FC expert stuff, songs like BYOB and Our Truth. On GH:M, I can't even get an FC on medium. I really hope on GH5 they make it a little more lenient so that X FCs are at least possible for anyone outside the top 1%.

Oh, and nice job on the vids by the way. How tough would you say those FCs are compared to something like No Excuses?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take Me Out was around the same difficulty as No Excuses.
Quote:

I really hope on GH5 they make it a little more lenient so that X FCs are at least possible for anyone outside the top 1%.

You couldn't have said it better

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: Guitar Hero Smash Hits Full Demo FC + Some Vocals Stuff Reply with quote

matt1592 wrote:
But anyway... when you lead the first note that jump doesn't take away from the % hit in the section. It doesn't account for a whole lot, but in this game, every little bit helps.

Leading the first note in phrases is crucial for many difficult FCs - you are correct. I don't know if it is the same for the newer games, but in GHWT I have found that setting a video lag of 55ms has helped me a lot. If you feel like you need to sing early on every note, not just the first ones in phrases, lag might be the issue.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been working with a ton of lag calibrations and I do best without calibration on GHM. On World Tour I use 30 video. But normally I don't lead, but on a tough song like Rock And Roll All Night it seemed to help.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I right in thinking that "leading the first note" is singing the first note of the phrase a little in advance? I may be the odd one out here as I didn't find I had to do that. Take Me Out was definitely my favourite to sing on the demo. The best charted song in guitar was Rock and Roll All Nite despite having no solo. Woman was way more fun in GH II ,but I digress. The first few phrases of Take Me Out were tough for me it seemed a bit out of my range, although I did manage to FC it without falsetto. One annoying thing about the demo is you couldn't turn the Star Power Clap off and I kept inadvertantly activating SP, so I didn't get the best scores I wanted. I did manage 115,000 on Take Me Out, however.

Well that's just my impressions of the demo...
matt1592  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the clap didn't go off for me at all!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVrV84zdsc0&feature=channel_page

Posting my Woman FC for people that sing in Falsetto
BOYOBOYY  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt1592 wrote:
the clap didn't go off for me at all!!!

I sing with the mic quite close to my mouth. It only went off a few times but I don't see why they didn't give the option to turn it off in the settings.
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt1592 wrote:
Quote:

I really hope on GH5 they make it a little more lenient so that X FCs are at least possible for anyone outside the top 1%.

You couldn't have said it better

After now having GHSH and playing it, I can safely say that the vocals are not that hard. I doubt that I'm in the top 1%, and I FCed 4 songs on sightreads; one was Raining Blood (all talkies) but the other three were actual pitched songs so it's not bad at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: