ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Un-Official Fix Your Console thread (Check the OP first)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonathanSauve  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: PS3 Reply with quote

My PS3 freezes about 30 seconds after every time I start it. Little red and green squares and rectangles show up everywhere along with tiny tiny yellow dots, and if I'm listening to music or player guitar hero the song just keeps on playing while the screen is still frozen. If you know how to fix this problem please reply. Thank you.
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: PS3 Reply with quote

JonathanSauve wrote:
My PS3 freezes about 30 seconds after every time I start it. Little red and green squares and rectangles show up everywhere along with tiny tiny yellow dots, and if I'm listening to music or player guitar hero the song just keeps on playing while the screen is still frozen. If you know how to fix this problem please reply. Thank you.

Video card is overheating. Exact same thing as if it would happen to a computer.

See if its under warranty, if not, and you want to open it up, that's the issue. I never worked on a ps3 myself however...
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to replace the DVD drive on your 360.

First of all, you need to buy a drive that is the same model as your current 360 drive.

After you buy that drive, you open the broken drive up.

See that green board?

You're going to remove the 3 ribbons on the sides. The front and center ribbon gets removed at the laser itself.

Then you do the same with the working drive, replace the board from your broken one, into the working drive.

This avoids all needed flashing, and you have yourself a brand new drive!

On the lite on drives and benq drives require soldering to remove the wires. Its super easy to solder these on/off, super huge contacts. Same thing as above, remove the ribbons, unsolder, solder onto new board, install ribbons.

Last edited by Squirrel on Mon May 24, 2010 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Hoyoooo
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to repair your RROD 360 (0102, 0022, 0110 code, E74, and if your X360 gets the green lights but no video):

EDIT: This fix includes a no video but you get audio, and no rrod fix.

How this happens is because they use garbage solder underneath of the GPU, and they crack over time of it turning on and off. The result of the RROD is when it is cracked, and a part of the GPU is not talking to the motherboard.

I have tried several methods to fix the Xbox 360 RROD, and I will post how each one is going.

I tried the X-Clamp fix by itself, no good.

I have tried overheating the GPU of the xbox 360 one time, letting it cool, then putting on the X clamp fix. This works for 2 days. It locked up in the middle of playing a movie, turned it back on, RROD.

I just tried overheating it 15 times in a row, as in, as soon as it overheats, let it blink 5 times, unplug, plug back in, turn back on immediately. Lets see if it lasts longer than 2 days.

I have NOT tried baking it in an oven while covering up the caps with cloth and aluminum foil.

I also have not tried a variation of this: http://xbox-experts.com/tutorial/team-hybrids-ultimate-xclamp-fix-released/ but that is my next step.

I plan on doing basically the same thing but one major difference. I'm not buying their stupid clamp thing. I'm going to get me some of the sticker foam stuff, or a soft foam that's about 5mm thick or so, and stick that under the motherboard then bolt it tight and see if that fixes the RROD. If so I will most certainly be updating this thread. I'm going to try that next if I get the RROD again.

EDIT: I got the RROD again. I baked it for it to work again, then what I did is this. I did a poor man's hybrid mod. I kinda modified the x clamp completely. I flattened out the X clamp itself, then I cut the ends so that it can be split and drilled accordingly, the bolts that is. Then I wrapped the X Clamp with electrical tape, so that nothing shorts the board. Then, I wrapped the center with electrical tape, creating a nice rigid bump, to put a lot of pressure on the motherboard. The result: A flat motherboard.

I'm testing it now to see if it works or not.

EDIT2: It works flawless. Played through an entire dvd with no lockups, no RROD upon a power cycle. Bring on Mushi!

EDIT3: Just fixed another 360, same fix, boots just fine, also a 0022 error. I shall now post pics of my mod.

First off, for my mod, you need to cut the steel casing of the 360. You'll see on the bottom of the casing, where the x's are where the clamps sat in, and there is an indented border. You need to whack out a hole around the indented border. Then you need to take off the heatsink completely off of the GPU, and turn on the 360, with video cables plugged in. Leave it on until you see 2 red lights blink 5 times, then unplug the 360. This will remelt the solder joints back into place.

This first pic is what I did to the x clamp, the left being before, the right being after. I just took 2 sets of pliers, and bent the edges back and forth until they snapped off.

You then wrap the cut bracket with electrical tape, with no metal exposed.

You then wrap the center with electrical tape. I wrapped it 8 times in one direction, and then 5 times in the opposite direction.

This is how it looks like when you bolt it in the X360. I used #10, 1/2 inch bolts that you can find at walmart. You can use washers if you like, I never do. I just bolt it down until I see the heatsink on the top start to bend down, but the edge not touch the board itself. If it touches, you will get a 0020 RROD, its shorting out the board. Just unbolt it a bit until it goes away.

And, that's it! Sit your 360 into your case, plug in the fans, turn it on, and enjoy the nice pretty green lights go around the 360.

Last edited by Squirrel on Wed May 05, 2010 3:16 pm; edited 9 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Hoyoooo
kaflagemeir  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just playing Dead Rising a second ago and my 360 froze. Now, this isn't the first time my 360 has frozen, but this time it was different.

There was a red and black checkerboard pattern that went across the screen as Isabella was going to kick Frank when you fight her on her motorcycle. Is this bad? What do I expect to happen? I read on a forum that you take the hard drive off, turn the 360 on, turn off, put hard drive back on, and continue. Should I do this?

FUCK

I don't understand. My 360 is working now. What happened?
kaflagemeir  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post, but my 360 has done the checkerboard thing several more times, and now my screen went completely green, and it froze again. What do I do? Should I send it?
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaflagemeir wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but my 360 has done the checkerboard thing several more times, and now my screen went completely green, and it froze again. What do I do? Should I send it?

Your GPU is slowly but surely failing. I'd wait until it gets the E74, then send it in.

Once I am able to get good pics of my 360, I will be able to write the guide to fix the RROD. But, if its under warranty still, then I'd wait to send it back to Microsoft.
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The All-Inclusive Fix Your Console thread (360 tutorials Reply with quote

I'm encountering an unusual error with my 360. When I boot it up, it goes the the title screen with the Xbox 360 logo on it, and when the little cinematic finishes playing, the screen goes black, and then the signal to the TV gets cut off, as if I turned off the XBox. And then it plays the title screen cinematic again. And I won't stop blanking then replaying it. I can't even make it to the dashboard.
kaflagemeir  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well. I already sent it in and I got an email saying it's on its way back. However, the status hasn't changed from Billing Information Received since I got the email.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: The All-Inclusive Fix Your Console thread (360 tutorials Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:
I'm encountering an unusual error with my 360. When I boot it up, it goes the the title screen with the Xbox 360 logo on it, and when the little cinematic finishes playing, the screen goes black, and then the signal to the TV gets cut off, as if I turned off the XBox. And then it plays the title screen cinematic again. And I won't stop blanking then replaying it. I can't even make it to the dashboard.

Its on its way to a RROD. I'd say leave it do it until you get it, then call Microsoft. Remove the hard drive so the resets doesn't corrupt your data.
Rawrspoon  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My DS Lite works perfectly fine. until I use the touchscreen. Just touching it makes the DS insta-freeze and the brightness of both screens goes up beyond maximum.
It started messing up a few months ago with the touchscreen getting progressively less responsive until it finally crashed. Help?
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rawrspoon wrote:
My DS Lite works perfectly fine. until I use the touchscreen. Just touching it makes the DS insta-freeze and the brightness of both screens goes up beyond maximum.
It started messing up a few months ago with the touchscreen getting progressively less responsive until it finally crashed. Help?

I'd contact Nintendo, they have the best customer service, ever.

Sounds like to me its either a bad screen, or a bad motherboard, as its not reading the touching correctly. My guess is a bad screen.
SteroidPirate  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wast told to dig up this thread and to post in it, forgive me for that.

The USB ports on my Wii do not read anything. I've tried to plug RB1 drums/mic into the ports directly and that doesn't work. Then, I try to plug in through the adapter and nothing happens again. Mucho love if you can help me fix it. <3

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteroidPirate wrote:
I wast told to dig up this thread and to post in it, forgive me for that.

The USB ports on my Wii do not read anything. I've tried to plug RB1 drums/mic into the ports directly and that doesn't work. Then, I try to plug in through the adapter and nothing happens again. Mucho love if you can help me fix it. <3

did you tried an USB flash drive with music on it ? if this dosent, then the usb port are fucked, but hell, how could this happen...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Cabanon
Garwood  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so a while ago I had my friend's 360. I played rock band one night and everything worked just fine then the next day I couldn't get the console to turn on. I tried a remote turn on with a controller and pressing the button and it just wouldn't start.

At first i thought it was the power supply or something but I took my console (which i had just got the day before) and hooked it up using his cables and everything and it started just fine.

He is still out of town until next moth and doesn't remember if he has a warranty or not so. . . Is this a common problem/have you seen this happen before and know how to fix it?

21st Century Schizoid Man 5* X+ Drums [x]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 20 of 39

Jump to: