ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Community Top Score Boards

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackhawk12  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Community Top Score Boards Reply with quote

I was thinking, with the fact that we already have the Top Scores tab on SH, and the User Score Statistics, doesn't a logical next step seem to be Community Totals Boards?

I don't know what kind of work this would exactly require, but I'd imagine you'd have to develope a program that would leech the data from the Top Scores page. In order to make it so that the thing doesn't do some massive update all the time, if it could detect every time a new first place is entered in and then update, it would ensure that there wouldn't be daily/weekly updates that take incredibly long.

In addition, there could be a section where it shows things such as top contributors (ie people who have the most 1st's, or the firsts with the most points, etc.) Maybe even banners such as "Top GHII Community contributor", or something of the like.

Like I said, I wouldn't be able to do this, but I would be more than willing to attempt to help anyone who actually knows how this would be possible.

Oh, and why the wiki? Just cuz it's awesome, and definately needs to be utilized more than it is right now.

My GH Acc. Thread |
TheThirdDay wrote:
Personally, I can't wait for March 20th: Blowjob, steak, and shut the fuck up day.
Guitarherodude12  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there was such a thread called "Weekly Top 10 Leaderboards" updated every week across all platforms, instruments, and games. But...... The thread has been dead since 3/2/09 so.... WE NEED ANOTHER ONE LIKE THAT ONE!!!

GHSH: 40/48 FC's 6th Place! | GHWT: 79/86 FC's 7th Place! | GH3: 67/70 FC's Top 50!

TTFAF - 837k 97% :P

Proud Christian
blackhawk12  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked that one, and it's very good. However, with the new one that I'm suggesting, not only would it be semi-live (however long in between the updates), it could also tell you more specific things, such as leaders in multiple games combined (ie top GH1,2,80s, and 3) and all difficulties, the like.

If you support this, perhaps giving it a bit more voice here would help. It's not exactly the same, but if the mods start seeing that it's what people want, they might include it in the new version of ScoreHero.

My GH Acc. Thread |
TheThirdDay wrote:
Personally, I can't wait for March 20th: Blowjob, steak, and shut the fuck up day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Wiki Brainstorming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: