ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Metallica now available for PS2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glenthemann  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarGeek08 wrote:
I love that they included the three additional Death Magnetic songs free on the disk, and really good ones at that. Would have liked to have seen the full album on there if possible (for PS2/Wii versions), but this is really good too.

hey, the game was 10$ cheaper and we got 3 extra, free songs.

I think its safe to say they still love us PS2 guys :P
conlan22  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nesophile wrote:
I thought it was coming out in May too ?!?!
YAAAAAYYYY.....i'm not getting a new-gen system till they're $99.

the PS2 has been out 9 years and is barely around the $100 mark. That means you are going to be waiting another 5 years to get a console at which point you will be even more behind.
EdrD  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my copy today. The vocals look MUCH better than they did in World Tour.
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conlan22 wrote:
nesophile wrote:
I thought it was coming out in May too ?!?!
YAAAAAYYYY.....i'm not getting a new-gen system till they're $99.

the PS2 has been out 9 years and is barely around the $100 mark. That means you are going to be waiting another 5 years to get a console at which point you will be even more behind.

Made me chuckle >_>.
This will increase my chances to play this awesome game once I get a PS2! It's so awesome!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
atiradorsp  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EdrD wrote:
Got my copy today. The vocals look MUCH better than they did in World Tour.

I got the game this past weekend too.

On my first song I was too under the impression that the vocals were better than WT. The lag seemed quite smaller, the comet seemed to respond well to my voice (similar to RB) and there were no strange noises. It was just an illusion. After some time in the song the lag was getting bigger, the so-familiar strange noises started to come out of the speakers and the comet started to show erratic behavior, jumping all around.

Alas, it is a little better than the vocals in WT, but far worse than in RB1 or RB2.

For the guitar I tought that the movement of the notes highway (fret) was a little choppy with hyperspeed on (HS2), choppier than in WT. If only they could make the graphics look good as they did in GH3...

Otherwise the game is great for a PS2 version.
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What unlockable stuff did they keep for the game?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Styrofoam Boots PSN Name: xxB0NGR1PZxx420
ironsalsa  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my PS2 copy. I haven't tried vocals yet, but I'm glad they touched up the drums (at least on RB drums) so when I activate star power I can actually see what the hell I'm doing. Making the purple kick-drum bars more detailed has helped me a lot, the WT "big purple gems" was annoying.

I haven't got the rocks (or the 2 pedals) to try expert+ yet...

And I think there are more frequent star power phrases, but I haven't tested that out. I got a feeling in GHWT that they just set it to once every x number of measures or phrases was a star power phrase, and they actually looked for places to put them in GHM.

The guitar plays great. Natch...

I think this applies to all versions, but allowing all songs in quickplay out of the box was a great move. I bought this game to play creeping death, so thanks for not making me look up a cheat code to do it.
(I still have friends who don't know how to unlock Suck My Kiss on GH3)

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty, the game is superb, but to save time and energy, they should focus less on the Cutom Character making and more on the vocals. I'm more than happy to use Clive Winston or Izzy Sparks. I'm very happy on the lag setup, where it does both the Audio lag and the Video lag at once. GH3 is hard to get just right on my TV at the moment, but this setup has allowed me to get 2 FCs. Also, I just wish that the Master of Puppets on the game was the orchestral version. That would have made that so much more awesome.
Overall, so far, it's a high B+, maybe an A-. I need to play more.

EDIT: Does it seem like every new GH or RB that comes out features Ace of Spades? This is the third time between the two games the song is featured, 2nd time for Guitar Hero. It's just a little strange. And yes, I know about GH Smash Hits.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
ironsalsa  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregoryZero wrote:
What unlockable stuff did they keep for the game?

Mostly instruments, some characters (the 4 GHWT characters + Metallica + "zombie metallica").
They made it based on stars earned, which I think is independent of difficulty level. Kinda nice if you just can't live w/o zombie lars.

The songs are semi-unlockable, you can play everything in quickplay out of the box, which was a good move.
Thestones  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got my copy 2 days after it came out.

I liked it, but I think that they're pushing the PS2 too hard
I dunno' lol, but the vocal system got an HUGE improvement since WT, it's nice, but the lyrics are so damn small that I have to zoom the TV to read.

Also, I noticed that the game doesn't run smooth as GH1, GH2 or GH3/A. It seems like it doesn't run at 60FPS.

But it's awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: