ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH:SH - Stop!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: GH:SH - Stop! Reply with quote

Okay, this song is killing me. I can hit every phrase consistently except the low one, that goes "to take control of a mind like that and move on". The first words are actually, I'm 99% sure, the same note as the previous phrase ends on; I tried just holding that note and it hit those boxes. The problem is, the phrase itself shifts octaves; the part "to take control of a mind like that" is charted as being low, when it would be so much easier if it was the same level (approximately) as the "move on" at the end of the phrase. Whenever I do manage to at least partially hit the beginning of the phrase, the fireball jumps around like crazy when it goes to the "move on" prat, even though I'm singing the same freaking note.

Any help on this? Anyone able to hit it and make a video? Or at least someone make sure I'm not crazy; do those two phrases (this one and the move on prior) and hold that note through the whole phrase, see what happens for you
Megaman703  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried this a couple of times in practise. There are four notes here:
1. "to get"+"of a"
2. "control" + "mind like that"
3. "hmm move"
4. "on"
As I was fumbling around, I notcied I could get Excellent if I hit all of notes 2 3 and 4. I could get 1 3 and 4 together on one run, so I'll try to see if I can put it all together and get a video.

Hope this helps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf64LEBsUwc
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to help you with the pitches, 1 and 4 are E, 2 is G sharp, and 3 is D.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how I do that phrase -
The first pitch is one note higher than the last note of the previous phrase (I think). Then you go up and down by thirds, and the second to last note is the same as the first note (you don't have to sing it an octave higher)

So something like
E G# D G# E F#

I'm not sure about some of those pitches, but you get the gist. Basically, I went into practice mode and kept flailing around until I could get the phrase consistently.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: