Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Laupow: I'm alive! Rock This Town, Madhouse, Sweet Child FCs
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laupow17  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Laupow: I'm alive! Rock This Town, Madhouse, Sweet Child FCs Reply with quote

Jon's (Laupow17's) Accomplishment Thread =)

Well, I told myself that when I got 40 GH3 Expert FCs that I'd start an accomplishment thread, because even though 40 isn't a lot on ScoreHero, I'm kind of proud.

Guitar Hero 3 Expert FCs (In the order that I got them)
1. Closer -- I know it's easy, but I still find this song fun to play.
2. Metal Heavy Lady -- Not sure why, but I like the song.
3. Sabotage -- How do Beastie Boys songs keep working their way into GH games?
4. When You Were Young -- HE DOESN'T LOOK A THING LIKE JESUS!
5. Radio Song -- Quite an annoying outro for a beginner on Expert.
6. Generation Rock -- Weird song. Not a fan.
7. Bulls On Parade -- The Killswitch Scratch seemed so impossible back in the day... My first FC of this was a fluke run.
8. Talk Dirty To Me -- Our house blew a fuse and my game shut off right after I got the FC. Crisis (narrowly) averted. =)
9. Story Of My Life -- Honestly, would someone do us a favor and cut his life short?
10. Slow Ride -- The end solo may seem easy now, but it's tricky when you're first moving up to expert.
11. Sunshine Of Your Love -- A nasty outro choke before I got this.
12. Mississippi Queen -- I'm slightly ashamed to admit that this took so long because of the short BO trill near the beginning.
13. Even Flow -- Getting this early was a confidence booster. Also a great song.
14. My Name Is Jonas -- This was harder than it should have been.
15. Miss Murder -- See My Name Is Jonas (#14).
16. School's Out -- Solo B still gives me fits, but I got it eventually.
17. Paranoid -- Utilize practice mode for solo.
18. Hit Me With Your Best Shot -- The fills gave me more problems than the solo.
19. Ruby -- Tricky chords and the hammer ons before them are just plain irritating. Lots of annoying restarts.
20. Paint It Black -- My dad was watching when I got this. It was cool to have an audience.
21. La Grange -- See Even Flow (#13).
22. Can't Be Saved -- See My Name Is Jonas (#14).
23. Anarchy In The U.K. -- A horrible song. Glad to be rid of it.
24. Reptilia -- It honestly does surprise me that this is 10th on the FC list.
25. She Bangs The Drums -- So. Many. Chokes. Good song, though.
26. Lay Down -- I guess it's just me, but I find the fretting in the chorus really awkward in this song. Still a great song.
27. Avalancha -- Only one outro choke! Pretty good for me.
28. Barracuda -- I had to slide to 4th position to hit the trill. Also, Heart rules.
29. Hier Kommt Alex -- Abuse the timing window to get the weird chord changes in the chugging riff.
30. Mauvais Garçon -- This didn't give me nearly as much trouble as it should have since I'm unusually consistent at the song. Not a bad #30, either.
31. Prayer Of The Refugee -- I actually find this song pretty easy now.
32. Minus Celsius -- Having reduxed this song a number of times, it seems rather easy now, but this was one of my last 8 five *s!
33. In Love -- See Anarchy in the U.K. (#23).
34. Same Old Song And Dance -- Lots of chokes, but this FC does have the distinction of being my first (and to date, only) FC to involve tapping. I used it to hit the trill.
35. The Metal -- After a choke on the second-to-last note.
36. Welcome To The Jungle -- A month before I got this, I was unable to get higher than 270K on this song. It's all about learning the verses.
37. 3's & 7's -- Ok, this was planned.
38. The Seeker -- Randomly got it first try after 3's & 7's.
39. Go That Far -- Fun to listen to, not to play. I did get a nice score, though.
40. Monsters -- Never would've known I was capable of this if it hadn't been picked for a rivalry. A pretty nice #40 as well.
41. Cherub Rock -- This song is awesome. Enough said.
42. Kool Thing -- Ask me about my trick for hitting the sweeps if you're stuck.
43. In The Belly Of A Shark -- I actually like this song.
44. Helicopter -- In the end, the chord changes became harder for me than the fast strumming.
45. Cities On Flame With Rock And Roll -- Good grief this took forever. I know this is supposed to be easy. But it wasn't!
46. My Curse -- Awesome song, tricky FC.
47. Black Magic Woman -- Biggest. Fluke. Ever. I played it as a warm up song and got it first try. I didn't know whether even to end on an upstrum or downstrum in the fast oranges.
48. Suck My Kiss -- Whew... That took quite a few tries... But on the plus side, Quickplay Exclusives conquered!
49. Pride And Joy -- Only one post-solo choke. Hellz yeah!

Songs I'll be trying to get next....
I'm In The Band -- I can hit everything, I just need to tie it all together in one run.
Rock And Roll All Nite -- The most stupidly difficult solo ever.
Before I Forget -- This would be sooo satisfying to get, but God, what an arm-buster.
Cliffs Of Dover -- Of course, this means I'll have to actually learn to tap...
Don't Hold Back -- I know this sounds crazy, but I actually have hit Phazer 1 in a real run before, and all I'd need is another BMW-like fluke

Goal Of Ten 8 Stars Accomplished! =)

#10, When You Were Young, 8/14/09

Goal Of Twelve 8 Stars Accomplished! =)
#12, Story Of My Life, 10/21/09

A new goal of mine is to get fourteen 8-starred songs on GH3.

Current Count: 12/16

Songs Achieved
1. Closer
2. Sabotage
3. Even Flow
4. My Name Is Jonas
5. Can't Be Saved
6. The Seeker
7. Monsters
8. In The Belly Of A Shark
9. Suck My Kiss
10. When You Were Young
11. Paranoid
12. Story Of My Life

Songs Left To Get
Welcome To The Jungle
Rock And Roll All Nite
Cult Of Personality
Metal Heavy Lady

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guitar Hero 2 PS2 Expert FCs (In the order that I got them)
1. Parasite -- Catchy
2. Heart-Shaped Box -- Not catchy
3. Mr. Fix It -- Weird
4. Soy Bomb -- I like this song. =)
5. Yes We Can -- Garbage Made in Mexico song.
6. Can't You Hear Me Knockin' -- Weird chord changes.
7. Surrender -- Pretty easy.
8. Monkey Wrench -- Needs more SP.
9. Radium Eyes -- The trills in the solo tripped me up a lot.
10. X-Stream -- Boring song
11. Cherry Pie -- Great song.
12. Laughtrack -- Weird song, but I really like it.
13. Elephant Bones -- Kinda funky
14. Trippin' On a Hole in a Paper Heart -- "Trippy" lyrics.
15. The New Black -- Eh
16. Last Child -- Really easy. Should have come sooner.
17. Strutter -- Trickier than people say it is.
18. Tattooed Love Boys -- I forgot how easy this song was until I went for the FC.
19. John the Fisherman -- Another eh song.
20. Girlfriend -- Tricky solo.
21. Red Lottery -- This only took so long because I can't stand playing it.
22. Who Was In My Room Last Night? -- Not too hard.
23. Collide -- The towel trick really helped with this song.
24. Less Talk More Rokk -- How I managed not to choke on this extremely choke-able song even once, I don't know, but yay! =)
25. Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight -- I should have had this sooner.
26. Message In a Bottle -- The ending is easier than I remembered it being.
27. Jessica -- I hate that end trill, but I love the song. =)
28. Madhouse -- First FC I'm proud of.
29. Rock This Town -- I remember thinking that I was never going to FC this not that long ago. =D
30. Shout At the Devil -- After two post-trill chokes.
31. Laid to Rest -- Didn't see this one coming. The verse used to give me fits.
32. Sweet Child O' Mine -- No chokes! =)
33. Raw Dog -- Not too hard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guitar Hero 1 Expert FCs (In the order that I got them)

1. Hey -- Pretty boring. Soy Bomb is better.
2. I Love Rock & Roll -- I'm sort of embarrassed to admit this took 4 tries.
3. I Wanna Be Sedated -- <3 the song, easy with alt strumming.
4. Stellar -- Great song, but I don't like the cover much.
5. Killer Queen -- <3 the song, but the outro is a bit nasty
6. Fat Lip -- <3 the song.
7. Eureka, I've Found Love -- Did anyone else notice the word "Fags" in the lyrics? How in the world was that not censored???
8. Story Of My Love -- Hideous song.
9. Sail Your Ship By -- Not sure why I like this weird, weird song that features some weird, weird chord changes.
10. Callout -- Catchy tune, awkward rhythm.
11. Higher Ground -- Ridiculously fun to play.
12. Take Me Out -- Headbanging awesomeness. The grace notes are annoying though.
13. More Than A Feeling -- Boston hooks are tricky, but I actually had more success when I DIDN'T strum all the notes.
14. Hey You -- Had to downstrum the triplets and alt strum the zigzag to hit the solo consistently. Weird song; I like it.
15. Even Rats -- The only reason this took so long is because I was missing notes trying to get every tick out of all the sustains, but in the end I just abandoned it and went for the FC.
16. Behind The Mask -- I don't care what the wiki FC list says. I will belligerently argue with you if you claim that this is one of the easiest 5 FCs.
17. Heart Full Of Black -- I LOVE THIS SONG. But I had a couple of unfortunate choke incidents that made this difficult.
18. Unsung -- To get this FC, I had to pull out the towel trick, which I've never used before. It absolutely worked WONDERS for my fingers on hitting the bridge.
19. Cochise -- I had more post-chord solo chokes than I'm willing to admit.
20. Sharp Dressed Man -- Classic song and not that hard, but for some reason, this was harder than it should have been.
21. Ace of Spades -- Epic song.
22. Farewell Myth -- Another gem from Made in Mexico.
23. The Breaking Wheel -- Extremely hard to get the hang of at first, but it gets easy pretty fast.

Songs I'll Be Going For Next
Caveman Rejoice -- I really am not a fan of this song.
Infected -- This song is too cool not to go for.
Take It Off -- I've gotten pretty close on this one, actually.
Smoke On The Water -- I hate how the hard stuff is so far into the otherwise piss-easy song.

GH:80s Expert FCs (In the order that I got them)

1. We Got The Beat -- Sightread?!
2. The Warrior -- This took a few tries and was somewhat harder than it probably should have been.
3. Shakin' -- Got it immediately after The Warrior. Catchy song as well, and rather fun to play for such an easy FC.
4. Turning Japanese -- I really think so!
5. Los Angeles -- Shit song, easy FC.
6. Police Truck -- Yeah... the consensus is right. This is not last tier material.
7. Hold On Loosely -- This was actually not that difficult. I'm kind of surprised it's 14th on the wiki list. Terrific song, though.
8. Lonely Is The Night -- Strange song, but I like it.
9. Bathroom Wall -- First try after Lonely Is The Night!
10. Balls To The Wall -- There's a part of this song that sounds like the Ghostbusters theme. It amuses me.
11. What I Like About You -- I'm sorry, but this song is really easy, and certainly easier than Wrathchild. I don't get why so many people find this song hard. It's not. Also, it's a good, classic song. Stop hating on it.
12. Only A Lad -- I don't know how this ended up being #12.
13. I Ran (So Far Away) -- Kind of catchy.
14. Heat Of The Moment -- Although not too difficult at all, I still feel this is harder than it's given credit for.
15. Wrathchild -- Somewhat of a fluke run.
16. 18 and Life -- This should have come quicker.

So. Um. Yeah. That's it.
FC 40 Expert GH3X songs [X] #40, Monsters
FC 50 Expert GH3X songs [ ] 49, Pride And Joy
FC 20 GH1X Songs [X] #20, Sharp Dressed Man
FC 25 GH1X Songs [ ] 23, The Breaking Wheel
My Accomplishment Thread
^^Please, please tell me what you think I should go for next! =)

Last edited by laupow17 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:58 pm; edited 216 times in total
1PARTYBOY1  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Job on Monsters and 40 FC's!

Monsters was probably the most annoying FC I've gotten so far. How long did it take you?

Goals: 55 FC''s GH3X[](54); 700K TTFAF[](646k) My Accomplishments
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: xPartyBoyxBB
laupow17  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1PARTYBOY1 wrote:
Nice Job on Monsters and 40 FC's!

Monsters was probably the most annoying FC I've gotten so far. How long did it take you?

Thanks! And by the way, congrats on 50 FCs! My Curse is a complete b****.

You are going to be surprised to hear this, but the FC wasn't much trouble at all today... but there's a backstory.

I played it in practice mode earlier this week and couldn't hit the solo AT ALL. Like, I was lucky if I saw a x2 combo, so I was like, "Screw it", didn't play it for the rest of the week until today. And then I was like...ok, I'll give it one more try. And so I took it into practice mode, and like immediately I was seeing crazy combos. I was like, where the hell is this coming from?!?!! And then I hit it 3 times in practice mode, and then I was like...ok...let's try a real run... and it only took 2-3 runs after that to get. I didn't even have a post-solo choke, and I'm the choKING. It happened amazingly fast for me, considering it took me a week to FC 3's & 7's. I have no idea how Monsters happened. It's all very surreal for me.
My Accomplishment Thread

1PARTYBOY1  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that's awesome that you got it so quickly! I'm actually pretty consistent with the solo but I kept missing in the chords and stuff. I think i had like 10 reverse chokes where a hit the solo and like 4 chokes after solo. overall I'm just really terrible at the song, but at least i got it eventually.

Goals: 55 FC''s GH3X[](54); 700K TTFAF[](646k) My Accomplishments
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: xPartyBoyxBB
snowyporpoise  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

40 fcs? Lowly? Not even dude. Youve got some really nice fcs...keep going with your goals and youll have 50-55 in no time

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on the 40 FC's. Monsters is a nice 40th, too. Nothing but hard stuff left, huh?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowyporpoise wrote:
40 fcs? Lowly? Not even dude. Youve got some really nice fcs...keep going with your goals and youll have 50-55 in no time

Thanks. I don't think 50 will happen in "no time" but it's a nice long-term goal.

oddlyuneven wrote:
Nice job on the 40 FC's. Monsters is a nice 40th, too. Nothing but hard stuff left, huh?

Well, actually I do have a few left that I should have gotten awhile ago. *cough, cough COFWRAR cough*.

Whoa. That's weird. COFWRAR enunciated sort of does sound like a cough.

Sorry. ADD moment there.

Yeah, Monsters was a pretty nice 40th. Fun fact: The only reason I got Go That Far as my 39th was because I didn't want it to be my 40th. Bleh.
My Accomplishment Thread

RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely go for My Curse, it's easier than you think. As long as you don't choke in the fast strumming, you're set. Your FCs certainly reflect your skill level. My Curse will be easy for someone of your caliber. There are many different patterns, but you just have to learn them and string them all together in one run.
Not that I've FC'ed it, but it'll be childs play for you, with a little practice.

And good luck with COFWRAR, KT, IitB, H, and ItBoaS. You'll no doubt get them all soon.
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on FCing Kool Thing. You're just unstoppable.

If I may, I suggest going for In the Belly of a Shark next. Once you figure out the hammerons and strumed notes in the verses/choruses, and if you don't choke at the end, it's your's for the taking.
It's quite easy, I got a -6 the first time I'd played it in weeks today. You'll FC it no problem.
I'll give you a race!
laupow17  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:

If I may, I suggest going for In the Belly of a Shark next. Once you figure out the hammerons and strumed notes in the verses/choruses, and if you don't choke at the end, it's your's for the taking.
It's quite easy, I got a -6 the first time I'd played it in weeks today. You'll FC it no problem.
I'll give you a race!

Thanks for the congrats! It's weird how Kool Thing became so easy once I became consistent at the weird strummy parts, especially after I figured out how to hit the sweeps, even though it was giving me absolute fits even GETTING to the sweeps without a miss yesterday. It was a nice break after the nightmare that was Cherub Rock (seriously, Cherub Rock probably wouldn't have been FCed for months if I didn't like the song as much as I do.)

In the Belly of a Shark is on my to-do list. I'm not especially good at the song, especially the outro, but it is long overdue. But sure, if you want to race to it, I'll take you up on it. I seriously need some motivation.
My Accomplishment Thread

AgreenPastel  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lowly with 40 FCs? Come on... You're making me feel bad

40 FCs is definitely a feat; nice work! It really surprises me that you don't have Cities on Flame yet. You should be able to get that really easily, along with some of the other ones you don't have. You WILL be up to 50 in no time. Just keep doing what you're doing, and watch the FCs pile up. I bet you could get to 50 before the month's end, and I'm sure you could get it before then if you really try at it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laupow17 wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:

I'll give you a race!

Thanks for the congrats! It's weird how Kool Thing became so easy once I became consistent at the weird strummy parts, especially after I figured out how to hit the sweeps, even though it was giving me absolute fits even GETTING to the sweeps without a miss yesterday. It was a nice break after the nightmare that was Cherub Rock (seriously, Cherub Rock probably wouldn't have been FCed for months if I didn't like the song as much as I do.)

In the Belly of a Shark is on my to-do list. I'm not especially good at the song, especially the outro, but it is long overdue. But sure, if you want to race to it, I'll take you up on it. I seriously need some motivation.

O.K, PM me if you get it before me (which you probably will).
And like AgreenPastel said, you'll get to 50 in no time. Even if you still think you're lowly, you'll always be better than someone else. (Like, ah - me.)
laupow17  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AgreenPastel wrote:
Lowly with 40 FCs? Come on... You're making me feel bad

40 FCs is definitely a feat; nice work! It really surprises me that you don't have Cities on Flame yet. You should be able to get that really easily, along with some of the other ones you don't have. You WILL be up to 50 in no time. Just keep doing what you're doing, and watch the FCs pile up. I bet you could get to 50 before the month's end, and I'm sure you could get it before then if you really try at it.

8 more before the month's end? Faster if I really try at it? Hahaha. Don't think so. I don't think there are 8 more songs that I'm even capable of FCing at all, let alone within the time frame of two weeks.

As for Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll, I've had a million chokes in the last 100 notes of that song. End solos have never been my thing. But even still, it surprises me that that song is only 27th on the statistics list.

But by the way, you chide me for using the word "lowly" to describe 40 FCs because you have fewer, but you've got Monsters, I'm In The Band, and Down 'N Dirty, so clearly you're capable of way more than 40 if you're willing to play the "easier" songs.

RichardGHP wrote:

O.K, PM me if you get it before me (which you probably will).
And like AgreenPastel said, you'll get to 50 in no time. Even if you still think you're lowly, you'll always be better than someone else. (Like, ah - me.)

That is not true at all. It took me way longer to get the chord changes down in Minus Celsius than it took you. You have more natural talent than you think.
My Accomplishment Thread

WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

40 lowly?
You must be joking?
Cities should be a cakewalk just like ItBoTS.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo Kool Thing, you got rid of the song! Is an amazing feeling to know that you have to never play it again, right ? Congratulations on FCing it, the strumming is annoying! Good job.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: