Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tidus' WoR XVox: Epic songs for epic friends! [GH Vox FSFC]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arvain  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, very good job tidus !!! i'm calling for an fc very soon, Mister Golden voice ^__^ keep it up !!

also, a blach highway instead of transparent ? wOOh !!
blakstang98  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow dude, it's been a long time since I posted in this thread! I admit that I didn't read through everything, but I looked at the banners and they gave me enough of the story to know what ya did.

Awesome job on everything you've gotten done sir! I like the fact that you managed to find a way to play the newer GH's! So even though you won't be able to rip up guitar charts with the standard controller anymore, you have vox. And I see you've been burning the midnight oil with the vox and getting a ton of achievements already! I know when I did the vox on stream a while back, it wasn't easy, so props to you man for figuring it out and being so successful at it! Anyways, I'll keep it short and sweet, awesome work on everything tidus!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay replies! Thanks for the kind words, gonna make some responses before the update.

Drama - Yeah, it's been a while since I was getting bugged by that song. And, looks like you have nice eyes for random things.

Matt - Well, a Killer Queen FC isn't too far. There are worse songs to care about. Pretty much ALL female-fronted songs have been made to be absurdly hard, and I assure you that I'll suffer much more with any of them than with Killer Queen. On this one, I just need consistency and to figure out "She's out to get you", as well as the phrase before it.

Hailz - Well, for me, the low parts were harder to figure out, although I kept missing "Gunpowder, gelatine" like a crazy bitch. But well...I didn't see any GH5 vid, but it's nice to know about visual improvements on the Vocal part! Let's just see! Maybe it can really help for Under Pressure, let's just see what happens!

Arvain - In comparison to EVERY (and when I say EVERY, it's EVERY) female-fronted song (yes, they're all brutal on Smash Hits Vocals), an FC of Killer Queen isn't too bad to think about.

Stang - OMG STANGIE!!! Nice to see you back, buddy! Despite I'm not able to play the newer GH's on SC, I was getting worn out of that stuff anyway. Vocals...they're used to be hard at the beginning. But ya know, with some time, you can figure it out. I even remember you were playing Say It Ain't So, which should easily have those six devil heads on Vocals. Anyway, thanks for the love, hope everything is running well on your side, Dan!

No time to rest. Nothing like making good use of the morale and keeping up the typical gaming success on July breaks. Time to get more FC's.

Awesome song, another one I adored to listen to on GTA: San Andreas, besides Free Bird, Killing in the Name and Cult of Personality. Still, I used to suck at it. However, I figured out that I could hit the harmonies, and just needed to be decent at "Gonna end up on a big 'ole pile a' them bones". Then, it was just the ending. After some time on Training, I obviously choked some times there, and THE run finally came, with optimal to boot.

Well, let's try something while I'm unlucky with Stellar...

Yet another of those "¯\(°_o)/¯" FC's. Seriously, I wasn't THAT good at the Bridge, let alone if I used SP (any pathing attempt was random). Then, I vowed to abandon SP usage. After reaching the 1st scream phrase, let's say...my insting apparently has forbidden me from wasting SP, and I used it. What happened later? Hit the rest of the Bridge. ¯\(°_o)/¯

Now I decided to go and finish with the 20 FC's deal. I couldn't be assed to miss at any "Bark at the moon", mainly 'cause I didn't have enough time for this. So I went back to Stellar. When I hit the 1st verse for the 1st time, I proceeded to miss that pesky "How it feels to be". So well, I messed that activation so I don't cover that stupid phrase under SP. As customary, hit that phrase and proceeded carefully to...

I'm also working on other reduxes, I'm 7th on 360, basically behind the big people only.

Ah, to finish, a little present. I decided to get a setlist scroll vid, for getting to 20 FCs on such a tough game on Vocals!

GHSH Vocal (Temporary) Setlist Scroll Vid

This is it for today, more soon!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
matt6662  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the 20 FC's. Also heres something that helped with me on Killer Queen

For the "Gunpowder gelatine" I'd end Queen a little before hand switch to my normal voice and sing high to hit "Gun" and after that word, you should be able to hit it without too much problem.

For the phrase before "She's out to get you" when you see it start to get high in pitch, use your "She's a killer" voice and you should be able to hit that.

And for "She's out to get you" Just sing it in a normal voice. The only word I found to be kinda high was "get". Hope this helps, tidus

Matt wrote:
I sometimes pull the chalk ball out if I am on the ground, but I usually stick my hand in the bag.
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt - Thanks a lot for the tips! I find the game way too picky on "Gunpowder, gelatine", because I hit the "Queen" perfectly, and get a Solid by missing maybe 1,5 hitbox on "ge-la-tine". And looks like it's time to finally hit "She's out to get you". I never imagined I could use the same voice as on "She's a killer"! Gotta try it after I get back from work!

On a side note, I got an honored mention for being the #95 on the most subscribed channels on this month...lol...

Well, guess I gotta do something to get more subscribers. No, gotta play for fun, or I'm better putting the disks to rest! Anyway, any support is appreciated, little or much!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Nikki  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to have a natural talent for vox... since your beginning with RB, you've improved so much! o___O"

Excellent work on your 20 FCs! Keep on goin'!! ^_^
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikki - Thanks a lot, man! I really don't have the energy to sing for a real band, but it's all a matter of practice and perseverance to get better pitch controlling skills.

*SCROLL BELOW FOR OTHER PART OF UPDATE*

I fucking wanna cry. If I wasn't a man, I would. Looks like the time to stay mad at this game has come. Hopefully this doesn't last too long. But this game has frustrated the living shit out of me tonight, right when I have more time to get the choke-happy songs with more calm in order to get to 24 FC's. Everything I had to pass while doing pretty much the same right pitching I learned just to get random Solids rendered this little poor baby meaningless.

Formerly, right after Bark at the Moon, I didn't want to try chokefests, so I trained something. No sucess. Hit all of the phrases on Freya on training (separatedly, of course), but had shitty results on real runs. I had to try Godzilla at all. Well, what happens? Kept missing at the choruses, and choked at the last "Godzilla", then on the 1st "Godzilla". Thus, I ask to myself: why the fuck they charted "Godzilla" as a standalone phrase?. Anyway, I lost my patience with this song, and I'll have to bow and kiss the feet of whoever FC'd this on sightread or at least on a tiny number of tries.

I tried Lay Down as well. Very shitty progress, SP was inducing me to mess at the end of verses. I got bored and checked what I could do on Killer Queen but on Hard. Got a -2 on real run, hitting "She's out to get you". Then I picked Thunder Kiss '65, just to realize a few minutes later, that I forgot to put on Expert again. Well, I keep missing something about "ecstasy overdrive" and such...then I tried Cowboys, nothing near to ideal as well. Had to try Message in a Bottle. Lots of random misses. I was getting pissed off, and even more when my whiny mother accuses me of screaming. Tried once again a bit later, and I finally reached "Whooooooa message in a bottle yeah" just to miss it when I was really sure I was low enough for "yeah". I precociously give up for today. I really should do something to calm myself, such as getting FC's for the FGFC All Levels on RB2 Vox.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 quick FC's that I pulled outta my ass during lunchtime.

This was very simple, and proves that I was really bad when I did the GHSH sightread of this. Thanks to Dr00bles' vid (go check 'em out! ), I got nice freeforms. Despite I messed the SP (2nd activation with 3 was a hair too early), I hit 4th on 360, 5th x-plat, my best rank ever on a song with FF.

This one was very simple as well, there's not really a particularly though phrase. It's just a matter of pitching well enough to be able to breathe a bit at the choruses, and keeping steady towards the end. Tough FF here IMO.

Maybe I'll be trying to reach 24/47 FC's today. Now there are 3 options to reach 24 FC's, which beats the HGFC. Message in a Bottle (short phrases, breath issues, and of course, the ending part), Godzilla (homonym phrases kill me, and I feel a bit too bad to try it just to choke at the end) and Bark at the Moon (now I have the 3rd choke on the last "Bark at the moon", and choked at "Whoa-ooh-whoa-yeah bark at the moon" as well). Very frustrating and choke-happy options, either I start a progress on another moderated song or I'll have to do 2 of them, if I have enough free time.

greystreetave127  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like u haven't stopped playing but I did for a long time. Time for my return. Going to buy Smash Hits tm. nice work tidus.
tidus  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greystreet - Hey man, nice to see you back! Yeah, I'm still up to the overlooked ways. Dualshock player, vocalist whose main way to nail the songs is by humming, GH Vocalist, Hard player, hardcore Accomplishments forum frequenter...and there it goes, hence and forth. Don't worry though, it's all fun and games. And, to add, there are those wonderful friends to get a smile on my face. Speaking of fun, hope you have fun with Smash Hits, it's awesome!

Grinding out for FC's wasn't today's prevailing attitude. I had an idea of getting true on certain songs. "True " was that score that I obtained without the freeform. Although I DID use freeforms, I still could check the average multiplier. So, if I get 2.8x, true obtained. Not bad so far. I think I just need Freya (better than The Black River, but still sucks on Vocals) and I'm sure I have Hit Me With Your Best Shot, which I'm a hair away from skipping. I can't hit a single phrase, it's way too frustrating, so yeah, fuck this song. Look to my scoresheet for the scores posted today.

However...I couldn't resist, and rose up to try that damn single FC. I found that TOAHIAPH was possible, but I was way too inconsistent, and I can't breathe, to boot. Then, the only good song to FC was Chokezilla (you don't mind if I call this song like that, do you?). Random misses at a chorus or another, missed 2nd "Godzilla", and then, I used silliness as a weapon to finally hit this target:

Yuna: Explanations for such a low score, Tidus?
Tidus: I just ommitted SP usage at the end part, that's all, sweetheart.
Yuna: Well, I guess the important is that you have a whole streak of gold stars that is only broken by Rock and Roll All Nite, right?

Anyway, more stuff soon. Future stuff will be more about reduxes than FC's, as I ran completely out of non-frustrating options.

Taozack  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on the HGFC Keep it up

tidus  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taozack - Thanks!

So well, I'm back from the dead. After knowing that the Guitar and Bass parts of the PS2 version of GH5 CAN be played on Dualshock, just like the old games, I was really psyched. I knew it would take some patience to make the game work on a DS, but I was really determined. It is an extended version of the method that is used for WT/M/SH: turn on the game, then on the Main Menu you unplug the controller, press and hold Left (the button) and re-plug the controller. Then you go to Career or Quickplay and select the song. R2 is Green, so you'll have to use it. Shit is pretty messy, I know. DON'T RELEASE LEFT. When you start the song, pause, and then you release left. Restart the song, and if L2 is Green, voila! You're finally playing a new, non-custom GH with a DS, like on GH3! Remember, after you finish a song, you'll need to remove and put the controller back with left being held, then you'll repeat the process again.

I explained the method, now for the accomplishments. As some people here know, I have been really upset with NS for the monstruous increase on the headset lag on GH5, and much more upset with HMX for putting an end to the headset compatibility on The Beatles: Rock Band. However, a new mic is getting. It's actually going through customs, hopefully they'll come, unless the brazilians really suck in terms of affinity with foreign items (a.k.a. ignorance).

For now, I go to the gamestore, and play GH5 on the PS2 in order to do Hard/Expert Guitar/Bass with the Dualshock. Cool, isn't it?

I forgot to check how to activate HS, so until I put the paper on the TV screen (wasn't wearing a cap ), I was having a hard time. The 1st FC could take less tries, and the second one was on 1st try after I did that trick. Then the other ones were sightread FC's. The FC #1 was obviously Ex-Girlfriend, because I wanted it to be. No Doubt is actually one of my greatest guilty pleasures, if not THE greatest. Could have something from the Tragic Kingdom stuff, but this is a great song and does the trick. Can't wait to FC it on Expert Vocals.

Only Happy When It Rains surpassed my expectations and made them eat lead. Not for being a Sightread FC (although it really was), but for being a VERY catchy song.

So well, expect more FC's this weekend. This game has a lot of fun to offer to me. Hopefully I'll be on fire!

lilirock  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tidus!

It's really nice to see you enjoying a new game on Guitar again (well DS) And sightread FCs too, that's pretty good! I'm looking forward to see how many you can get! I'll be playing GH5 soon too, maybe we'll be able to have a little friendly rivalry, like old times XD

Too bad though it seems so complicated to get GH5 to work with DS.. well it's better than nothing I guess

Good luck with getting more FCs, I'm sure you'll kick ass as usual!! ;)

tidus wrote: I really thought about you and your sexy calm fretting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PMS lilirock
Nikki  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you're back here!!! That's great!! ^_^

I've heard about that method for playing DS on GH5... I don't think I'd have the patience though XD
Besides that, did anything change in the engine? Like, HOPOs, alt-strumming, etc?

Nice FCs there, keep on going ^_^
Yay for sightreads, I suck at those XD
anonymous_32  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
JimmyHero33  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 FC's gd job and do you use the xbox live headset as yoru mic? or a mic?
keep up the good work!!!

also love your 0P so well done
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 48 of 92

Jump to: