Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
blackhawk12- I can SQUEEZE?!!?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackhawk12  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: blackhawk12- I can SQUEEZE?!!? Reply with quote

5/2- Yeah, I know, right? So apparently, I can actually squeeze. The only reason this is such a big deal is because I say this next to a score: 5th... WHAT?! ORANGE?! I actually got a color other than red next to a score! By the way, the score was 301,188 for Prayer of the Refugee on Hard.

As you can see, I'm a little excited. Anyway, beside the minor incident of squeezing, I managed to pull off a few other things. Chief among those is probably FC'ing Knights of Cydonia on Hard, bringing the total to 63 FC's. Only two more for my goal of 65. Other than that, various improvement and little FC's, as well as getting over 11.5 Million on GH1X, another goal of mine. well... yeah
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Table of Contents-
Previous updates
The GAME!!!
Banners
Scorecards
User Score Statistics
Goals

Previous Updates
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4/20- I never update this thread anymore really, but seeing as summer is coming up (aka more time for GH), I figured I would put up a new little update type thing.

GH1- Expert: bunch of little improvements, nothing big here.
Hard: Many improvements, including six FC's: Smoke on the Water, Infected, Take Me Out, Sharp Dressed Man, Stellar, and Godzilla, as well as a 100% overstrum, Frankenstein. These scores finally brought me under the 100th rank, and I'm nearing 11 million score.

GH2- Hard: 7 new FC's, bringing the total up to 48! Institutionalized, Beast and the Harlot, Laid To Rest, Freya, Killing in the Name, Message in a Bottle, Mother. None too shabby.

GH80's- Expert: 2 new FC's, Only a Lad and 18 & Life. Also small improvements on Holy Diver, Radar Love, and No One Like You.

GH3- Expert: 2 FC's of songs that were previously 100%'s, I'm in the Band and Helicopter.
Hard: FC'd Cliffs of Dover. That brings me to 62 overall FC's and 49th rank on PS2... Suggestions for what to redux or FC next?

2/12- So, three new Full Game Full Combos, to add to my Easy and Medium FGFC's of GH:OT. GH2M was fairly easy, the only songs that were any bit of trouble were Hangar 18 and Fall of Pangea. Also, sadly, I didn't get Red Lottery OR Yes We Can on the first tries, so I had to *gasp* do re-runs. I nearly bled out through my ears.
Finished both Easy and Medium of GH:80's today. The hardest part was a stupid off-beat crappy whatever in BYH(MH) on medium, which took me three tries to get.

Other stuff: GH:80's Expert: Three new FCs. BYH(MH), Turning Japanese, and Bathroom Wall. Minor improvements on a ton of songs, but good improvements on Play With Me, Ballroom Blitz, I Wanna Rock, and Caught in a Mosh. Play With Me was all about doing better on the solos, Ballroom Blitz was FC'ing everything outside of the hard solo, I Wanna Rock, I actually FC'd the entire ending solo (missed in the middle), and Caught in a Mosh was improved by looking at my hands during the section.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1/24- FC'd Welcome to the Jungle, finally. I've had the entire song, all the little tricky parts, down for awhile now, but I have never been able to piece it all together to actually get the FC, until last night. I also spent a ton of time trying to FC Rock You Like a Hurricane. I now have a technical FC, but couldn't get the final solo in a real run. I tap the trills, but I missed once on my best run. My method now is as follows:

12121211111114 21211

This method has worked well for me, but does anybody know of one that would help me get more consistent?

Onto Guitar Hero 2. I've had a little improvement on all levels. On Expert, I FC'd Message in a Bottle after taking solo 2d into practice mode for a few minutes. Thank God, no chokes. I also FC'd Last Child. Nothing special there, just did a runthrough, managed to hit all the parts that had tripped me up before. Also, minor improvements on Beast and the Harlot (3k), YYZ (8k), Arterial Black (1k), and Jordan (up to 291k).
On Hard, FC'd Carry Me Home, Raw Dog, Push Push (Lady Lightning), Less Talk More Rokk, Jordan (!), and One For the Road. My One For the Road run, complete with path I made up on the spot, actually ended up giving me 9th place PS2, 10th place overall!!! Apparently I guess the 40% squeeze path and executed it well O_o. Minor improvement on Carry On Wayward Son, Rock This Town, Psychobilly Freakout, Hangar 18, The Light That Blinds, and Trogdor. I'm now at 156th place on PS2 with 41 FC's.
Medium- Finally finished running through all the songs. FC'd most of the ones on Sightreads, and have 49 FC's now. Gradually gonna go back through and FC the ones I have left. 164th PS2 Rank.
Easy- lol1FCSweetChildOfMine

That's pretty much all of actual gameplay. I'm going to get an XBox 360 Elite to replace the one that RROD'd six or so months ago. As soon as I get that, in addition to being able to play RB2 again, I'll be getting either GH: Metallica or GH5... input? Which one should I get?
Around the site, nothing other than entering in more lolwikipaths.

That's all I guess.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

1/17- Finally back from a little break! I've been trying to get active around the site, and that has included posting a couple hundred paths on the wiki. Seriously, if anybody can help, we need to regenerate some interest on the wiki. It's flopping rather hard.

GH news... Jordan five star was probably my happiest accomplishment. It's been bugging me forever, and now I can consistently pass the solos.
Joined another rivalry, this one hosted by LethalFishEater and pertaining to GH2. It's filled up now, but people drop out, and there are places for alternates if you'd like to join.

LINKS!:
SAVE ME!!!!!
The GH2 Rivalry of Mediocre Expert GH Players!!!
What a TANK!!!
If you're from Minnesota...

GAME!?!?!
Why not? So, here' the game, if anyone wants to play. Each time I update, I'll put a stanza of lyrics from some random song on Guitar Hero. Also, I'll do some freticons of a random part from another song. Just post with your answers to see if you win. If you post something that wasn't the answer that I had in mind, but you can prove it was in another song, 2 points! The Freticons can be any GH song, any difficulty.

Round #4 Lyrics:
Don't turn your back on me, baby.
Don't turn your back on me, baby.
Yes, don't turn your back on me, baby,
Don't mess around with your tricks;
Don't turn your back on me, baby,
'cause you might just wake up my magic sticks.

Round #2 Freticons: (hint- GH1)
- - -

By the way, dashes stand for spaces, not sustains.
Good Luck!

Leaderboard:
Adventurejimbob: 2
illiniguy: 1
---------------------------------
Banners!!!

User Score Statistics:
Code:
All Scores:
Unique-  242,197,956 Place- 438th
Overall- 502,495,873 Place- 261st

GH1:
Unique-  23,983,585  Place- 432nd
Overall- 46,530,039  Place- 397th

GH2:
Unique-  50,366,418  Place- 360th
Overall- 107,540,836 Place- 303rd

GH80s:
Unique-  22,730,035  Place- 16th
Overall- 42,651,964  Place- 51st

GH3:
Unique-  54,375,444  Place- 514th
Overall- 122,144,316 Place- 338th

GH:OT:
Unique-  18,881,415  Place- 5th
Overall- 44,313,321 Place- 4th

GOALS:
GH3
Expert: Top 100 PS2 (137)
23.5 Million (23.24)
50 FC's (48)
60 7*'s (59)
Song in top 100 globally (180 CR)

Hard: Top 25 PS2 (49)
65 FC's (62)
19.5 Million (19.22)
7*TTFAF (6.0)

Medium: Complete All Songs
FGFC

Easy: Complete All Songs
FGFC

GH80's
Expert: 15 FC's (14)
8.1 Million (8.06)

8 Million (7.85)

Hard: 20 FC's (13)
7 Million (6.93)

Medium: Complete All Songs
FGFC

Top 50 (64)
4.6 Million (4.54)

Easy: Complete All Songs
FGFC

Top 50 (64)
3.25 Million (3.203)

GH2
Expert:25 FC's (22)
6* Hangar 18 (5.9)
19.5 Million (19.3)

Jordan 5*

Hard: 17 Million
50 FC's (48)
FC Six
FC TLTB

FC Jordan
Song in top 25 (OftR 10th)
45 FC's
Any tier 8 FC (BatH and Inst.)

Medium:Complete all songs
FCFC

Top 50 PS2

Easy: Complete all songs
FGFC
Top 50 PS2

GH1
Expert: 11.7 Million
FC tier 3 (need HFoB and SoD)
Top 250 (260)
FG6* (42/47)

11.5 Million
11.3 Million

Hard: Top 75
FG6* (46/47 TF)
37 FC's
FC any tier 6 song

FC a complete tier (tier 4)
Top 100
30 FC's

Medium: Complete all songs
FGFC
Top 50

Easy: Complete all songs
FGFC
Top 50

My GH Acc. Thread |
TheThirdDay wrote:
Personally, I can't wait for March 20th: Blowjob, steak, and shut the fuck up day.

Last edited by blackhawk12 on Tue May 04, 2010 2:08 am; edited 48 times in total
blackhawk12  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for EB FC

My GH Acc. Thread |
TheThirdDay wrote:
Personally, I can't wait for March 20th: Blowjob, steak, and shut the fuck up day.
blackhawk12  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for 3 new FC's

My GH Acc. Thread |
TheThirdDay wrote:
blackhawk12  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6/07 After six months, another update. I guess I'm taking a small break from RB2, going back to the original four games (I'm not rich enough to get A, OT, OTD, M, WT, etc...)

Totally rocked the upper Tiers of GH2X, getting a couple more hundred thousand out of them. Probably the best were some minus a couple runs on Rock This Town and Laid to Rest. Also improved a bit on Six, but the main melody ( ) is just tearing me apart.

Also decided to go back and get a few more FC's and such from Hard and Medium. Meh, mildly productive. Ever since my memory card crashed, I've winced every time I went back to those difficulties, because I still haven't beaten anything higher than Tier 2.

In a slightly unrelated topic, I've joined a Full Series FC Rivalry, this one, doing only the first four of course, and I've also become more involved with the wiki. I'm amazed that it's not used more often; it has huge amounts of info, and even more potential, yet it doesn't see that many edits, only a few (non-path related) per day. Try it out, it's quite good.

While on the wiki, I decided I'd do my bit a give back to the SH community by entering some paths. The opening that I say was in GH2 medium and hard. Well, I ended up pathing all of Hard except for those few preview whatever GHIII songs, and I'm going on Medium. It's be cool if I get some sort of contribution points for that, as it might have been mentioned in the announcement.

My GH Acc. Thread |
TheThirdDay wrote:
blackhawk12  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bumpishness

My GH Acc. Thread |
TheThirdDay wrote:
vlad-  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice thread and FC's you have here! Its a shame no one has posted yet!
I recently FC'ed Monsters myself, and it was a great feeling! Whats next for you? Good luck!
Acc Thread - FC #55 HiC, #56 BiF!

TTFAF 5* [x] (23/6/2009)
TTFAF 700k [ ] 631k
50 GH3X FC's [x] Welcome to the Jungle
55 GH3X FC's [x] Holiday In Cambodia
60 GH3X FC's [56] Latest - Before I Forget
blackhawk12  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vlad- wrote:
I recently FC'ed Monsters myself, and it was a great feeling! Whats next for you? Good luck!

Thanks man!

As for what's next, probably Pride and Joy, considering I have to do it for a rivalry. After that, maybe SOSaD or 3's and 7's.

My GH Acc. Thread |
TheThirdDay wrote:
vlad-  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackhawk12 wrote:
vlad- wrote:

Thanks man!

As for what's next, probably Pride and Joy, considering I have to do it for a rivalry. After that, maybe SOSaD or 3's and 7's.

GL on pride and joy! The hardest bit is the very intro solo fill thing, with the GRGRGR trill and a random strum thrown in, other than that the rest of the song is easy

GL on sosad and 3s n 7s, sosad took me 15 solo to the end chokes :P
Acc Thread - FC #55 HiC, #56 BiF!

TTFAF 5* [x] (23/6/2009)
TTFAF 700k [ ] 631k
50 GH3X FC's [x] Welcome to the Jungle
55 GH3X FC's [x] Holiday In Cambodia
60 GH3X FC's [56] Latest - Before I Forget
scurty  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on Monsters! I'd have that, but the weird chord change in the chorus always throws me off (you probably know which one I'm talking about, RO, RY, RB, RY) and I can never FC the song.

How do you go about the solo? Strum or hopo?
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, we both got Monsters for 40. Good job, and what scurty asked, how did you do the solo? I just strummed every note.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
blackhawk12  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scurty wrote:
Congrats on Monsters! I'd have that, but the weird chord change in the chorus always throws me off (you probably know which one I'm talking about, RO, RY, RB, RY) and I can never FC the song.

How do you go about the solo? Strum or hopo?

LlamaYip wrote:
Sweet, we both got Monsters for 40. Good job, and what scurty asked, how did you do the solo? I just strummed every note.

After taking it into practice mode, I realized that you had to strum on the beat, every beat (Or every half beat, now that I look at the chart), except for one gap in the middle. So to answer your questions, I used the HOPO's, even on the fast strumming at the end.

Oh, and scurty, do you mean the part? An easy way to do that is to anchor your first finger on the Red, the just focus on

My GH Acc. Thread |
TheThirdDay wrote:
blackhawk12  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I win.
7/09 I'm on fire with GH3X.

Took a few songs into practice mode, and within no time, I had a few more FC's.

Same Old Song and Dance- This one was bound to happen eventually. The only hard parts were the weird hammer-on pattern in the solo, and the trill at the end. After a few times in practice (Full Speed each time) I had it down.

3's & 7's- The chord changes in the swing part were the only thing that I needed to work on. A couple times through, then this was number 42.

Minus Celsius- A very surprising FC for me, considering I'd never been able to hit the chord changes before, especially Came out of nowhere.

And Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll, which I couldn't get a picture of because my camera decided to stop working. The first part that I had trouble with was I finally got that down, but then proceded to choke with the Immediate activation during the descending triplets. After about an hour of frustration, I finally got it.

Also, since I've been working on hard as well, it's worth mentioning that I got 11 new hard FC's, all on re-dux's. No paths for these, that'll come later:
Anarchy in the U.K.
Kool Thing
My Name is Jonas (why did I not SRFC this?)
Holiday in Cambodia
Welcome to the Jungle
Before I Forget
Sabotage
Reptilia
Suck My Kiss
Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll
Helicopter

Leaving only Monsters in the Quickplay exclusives for hard. I only need Helicopter for Expert, and I already have a 100%, so that'll be soon.

My GH Acc. Thread |
TheThirdDay wrote:
blackhawk12  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump

7/18GH2X FC19- Collide & GH3H PWNAGE!!!

FC's in GH2X come really hard for me... I just can't get as many as I'd like. I'll take some suggestions if you have any for easy FC's.
Also did GH2H, M, E. Improved about 200k on Hard, +1 FC. +3 song, +3 FC's Medium. +5 songs, +4 FC's easy with stupid miss on MiaB trying to go for early whammy.

Also, in the past couple of days, I've been destroying GH3H. 61 FC's! That's amazing for me. Also, 47th on PS2. I'll be pathing the rest of the songs, going for some remaining FC's (KoC, GtF, TTL, etc.) and hoping to get into the top 10, maybe sometime soon.

Check out the bottom of the page. I've added the Stats for all the GH games I own, as well as a set of goals. I'll try to keep both up to date every time I update this thread.

My GH Acc. Thread |
TheThirdDay wrote:
laupow17  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job with Collide! I really need to pull out GH2 and get some more FCs on it. I remember having an issue with the chord changes in Collide, but maybe I can get it if I play it some more.

EDIT: GH2 FCs are really, really, really hard for me, worse for me than they are for you. I only have 9!!! I know I can get Laughtrack and X-Stream though, and Cherry Pie as well with solo practice, but seriously. So many songs have that one hard part that just make it unFCable.
FC 40 Expert GH3X songs [X] #40, Monsters
FC 50 Expert GH3X songs [ ] 49, Pride And Joy
FC 20 GH1X Songs [X] #20, Sharp Dressed Man
FC 25 GH1X Songs [ ] 23, The Breaking Wheel
My Accomplishment Thread
^^Please, please tell me what you think I should go for next! =)

blackhawk12  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laupow17 wrote:
Nice job with Collide! I really need to pull out GH2 and get some more FCs on it. I remember having an issue with the chord changes in Collide, but maybe I can get it if I play it some more.

EDIT: GH2 FCs are really, really, really hard for me, worse for me than they are for you. I only have 9!!! I know I can get Laughtrack and X-Stream though, and Cherry Pie as well with solo practice, but seriously. So many songs have that one hard part that just make it unFCable.

lawlcakes- if you miss on X-Tream, you're gonna die, especially if it's late in the song. The only one worse than that is Red Lottery. Dear God, I still haven't FC'd that one because of how hard it is to listen to, just for one trill

My GH Acc. Thread |
TheThirdDay wrote:
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: