ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
NEW JERSEY- Regularly held GH tourneys at "The Game Lounge"!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haytradyl33  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxtimetokillxx wrote:
haytradyl33 wrote:
<_< I was the random black kid, thank you very much. Didn't you see the name tag?

And joekickass, I didn't know you came. Who were you?

BTW looking forward to the YouTube vid

Lol sorry, wasn't paying much attention to the tags, now I feel like a douche ><, well hey, doesn't that mean everyone there was from SH?

I believe Joekickass was "Doug"

LOL np

And yeah, that means everyone had a Scorehero account, exept for the people in the back room playing Rockband who weren't competing.
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great time at the tourney. I wish I could'a stayed longer for some Rack Band-age, but my mom said I needed to get home, so she came to pick me up (Well, actually, she went to the wrong Dunkin Donuts, but I felt like to much of an idiot going back too the GL so I just walked home. >___>).

I just wish the prizes could've been better. Granted, the last one I went to, 1st place was $25, but still, I would've liked it to be more. We just couldn't justify giving any more because we didn't have many competitors. As it was, I only went home with $20 myself. Oh well, I guess that's all you get for picking Closer. >_________________>

xxtimetokillxx wrote:
I believe Joekickass was "Doug"

Yeah, I didn't even realize that until we were at Burger King. I was thinking, "Hey, Joekickass never showed up..." and then I remember his name was actually Doug, and I'm like, "Oh, crap, that's the kid who was in my station!"

There were two others that weren't (as far as I know) SH members. The kid who rightfully should've have been playing on Expert, and the dud who had to leave right before we started because of the car accident. Other that them, yeah, I think everyone was from SH.

Graf wrote:
I'm pretty bummed that I had to miss this. ... I'll catch the next one

So that's why. Ah, that sucks. Oh well, I guess I'll see you at ravegefest.

As for "the next one", it ain't gonna be for a few months, because the next tournament we're setting up is for CoD4 (Why I probably won't get involved in anyway, since I know jack about CoD), but after that, I think we're setting up a GH tourney again.

Last edited by TheThirdDay on Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TheThirdDaySH
M3NTAL  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raining Blood for elimination

i was the only one who didn't want to do it, and of course, i got eliminated. lmao. nah i had a great time. ill definitely show up for more!
aYcBrumak  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

And yeah, that means everyone had a Scorehero account, exept for the people in the back room playing Rockband who weren't competing.

I was in back room playing Rock band but that doesn't mean i didn't compete. I got eliminated in 1st round by sully because of gay hyperspeed. i don't use hyperspeed so I felt an a disadvantage to everyone else cause I had use it. Atleast I wouldve had a chance at beating sully as he made quite a few mistakes on TNOTB and NFMH. I had a great time though and ill be sure to show up at future tournaments.
VinnySibel.com  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great time going there and meeting Colin and others, however I was kinda disappointed in the events of the final round due to the first paragraph stated how "Slow Ride" couldn't be picked for the final round. I'm sure that was a reference to the difficulty level "Slow Ride" fell into as well. ("Closer" & "Mississippi Queen" could be examples of around the same difficulty.)

I personally felt a little cheated watching Sully make it all the way to the finals just to lose on two songs that probably weren't even intended by the rules to be picked for the finals. I mean, both players FC'ed the easy songs that Ben picked, but Sully managed to pull a good (40,000?) points over Ben on TTFAF and nearly FC'ed TWIE just to lose by 3,000 points on KoC. I think for this tournament, the rules for picking the easier songs should had been upheld. Ben is a really good player, but winning like that is just cheap. He FC'ed RaBl for christ sakes. It was over a 2 hour drive for us to come down all the way from North Jersey just to see one of lose like that. I just thought you could take this into consideration. I really did have fun there, but this type of thing had happened plenty of times in tournaments elsewhere where me or my brother would lose on easy songs (and even easier difficulties) because of paths or occurrences like so.

Benzeeni  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinnySibel.com wrote:
I had a great time going there and meeting Colin and others, however I was kinda disappointed in the events of the final round due to the first paragraph stated how "Slow Ride" couldn't be picked for the final round. I'm sure that was a reference to the difficulty level "Slow Ride" fell into as well. ("Closer" & "Mississippi Queen" could be examples of around the same difficulty.)

I personally felt a little cheated watching Sully make it all the way to the finals just to lose on two songs that probably weren't even intended by the rules to be picked for the finals. I mean, both players FC'ed the easy songs that Ben picked, but Sully managed to pull a good (40,000?) points over Ben on TTFAF and nearly FC'ed TWIE just to lose by 3,000 points on KoC. I think for this tournament, the rules for picking the easier songs should had been upheld. Ben is a really good player, but winning like that is just cheap. He FC'ed RaBl for christ sakes. It was over a 2 hour drive for us to come down all the way from North Jersey just to see one of lose like that. I just thought you could take this into consideration. I really did have fun there, but this type of thing had happened plenty of times in tournaments elsewhere where me or my brother would lose on easy songs (and even easier difficulties) because of paths or occurrences like so.

So it was okay for Sully, the greatest player I've ever met, to pick two songs that He and I both knew he could kick my ass on, but it wasn't okay for me to pick two easy songs that we were evenly matched at and just for the lulz? Tournaments are meant for fun, Sully is obviously a better player than I am. I really don't know anyone who takes a tournament so seriously that having fun is out of the question. But whatever, I'm not gonna argue over the internet, especially over guitar hero.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Deathbringer415
VinnySibel.com  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I'm pretty sure it had been previously stated that the finals could not have songs of that difficulty.

Sully picked 2 songs that were of a high difficulty for the final round, and would have been acceptable most likely everywhere else in a final round.

I'm also positive tournaments have been and always will be meant for competition, especially since it was a $20 entry fee. When money is involved, it's usually good to take things seriously.

Benzeeni  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinnySibel.com wrote:
Actually, I'm pretty sure it had been previously stated that the finals could not have songs of that difficulty.

Sully picked 2 songs that were of a high difficulty for the final round, and would have been acceptable most likely everywhere else in a final round.

I'm also positive tournaments have been and always will be meant for competition, especially since it was a $20 entry fee. When money is involved, it's usually good to take things seriously.

That's nice.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Deathbringer415
VinnySibel.com  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I guess it must be hard for you to argue with those are right. That first move you made when you picked "Raining Blood" without anyone's consent was pretty douche as well. I'm surprised that didn't get you disqualified. You should be relieved that the rules weren't enforced harder.

Benzeeni  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinnySibel.com wrote:
Heh, I guess it must be hard for you to argue with those are right. That first move you made when you picked "Raining Blood" without anyone's consent was pretty douche as well. I'm surprised that didn't get you disqualified. You should be relieved that the rules weren't enforced harder.

Okay, I really don't care anymore. Pointless arguing won't really have an effect on anything. And I picked Raining Blood without anyone's consent? It just told me to pick a tiebreaker so I picked it. I didn't know you needed consent, so mistake on my part. No big deal, everyone makes mistakes (especially me when it comes to guitar hero ). Anyway, stop with the arguing, because you're just sucking all the fun out of what the tourney was supposed to be.

VinnySibel.com  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because "Mississippi Queen" and "Closer" are just bundles of fun for everyone!

haytradyl33  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M3NTAL wrote:
Raining Blood for elimination

i was the only one who didn't want to do it, and of course, i got eliminated. lmao. nah i had a great time. ill definitely show up for more!

You must be that one kid who I played Pro Face-Off with before the match. Thanks for the TTFAF tapping method BTW

Quote:
I was in back room playing Rock band but that doesn't mean i didn't compete. I got eliminated in 1st round by sully because of gay hyperspeed. i don't use hyperspeed so I felt an a disadvantage to everyone else cause I had use it. Atleast I wouldve had a chance at beating sully as he made quite a few mistakes on TNOTB and NFMH. I had a great time though and ill be sure to show up at future tournaments.

And YOU must be that one dude who played Metallica full band with me. I thought TheThirdDay said something about if someone doesn't use Hyperspeed, they don't have to in the match.

Quote:
So that's way. Ah, that sucks. Oh well, I guess I'll see you at ravegefest.

What is this?
M3NTAL  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haytradyl33 wrote:

You must be that one kid who I played Pro Face-Off with before the match. Thanks for the TTFAF tapping method BTW

Yessir! That was me!

it was great to just warm-up with someone as laid back about it as i was.

How's that tapping method coming along anyway? I can't use it, my pinky doesn't move that fast
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aright guys, enough. I'm settling this here and now, and I DON'T want to hear anything more about this. I consider both parties my friends, so I'm trying to be as objective about this as possible.

First of all, Ben did win, and that's all there is to it. Nothing can be done about that now. Vin/Sully, you guys may see it as cheap, and I can totally understand, but simply put, pathing is a big part of the game. Knowledge of a path can be compared to knowledge of a chart. Someone who knows the path has a much better chance of winning, just like someone who knows the chart has a much better chance of winning because they'll know how to hit shit. Of course, it's infinitely easier to get a sightread FC than a sightread optimal, but my point remains. Now Ben, I'm not gonna lie, it was kinda dick to pick those two songs, but I guess all's fair in love and war. You won fair and square.

Well, fair and square isn't entirely accurate. Vin is right: it is clearly stated in the rules that lower difficulty songs were not allowed in the final round. But to be honest, we (the staff) completely forgot. It was OUR fault for not enforcing the rules, not Ben's. If it makes Sully happy, I will, out of my own pocket, refund his entry fee next time I see you guys, because I don't want any hurt feelings (Then it's like you just got a free memory card. Good deal, I'd say.). Don't get mad at Ben for our stupidity.

Moving on. Earlier, I said it was a dick move for Ben to pick those two easy songs. But to quote him:
Benzeeni wrote:
I mean, you know I picked those songs for "teh lulz", because I know a tourney is like 5% competition and 95% fun. However looking back on it, I just made it look like I was desperate to win, so I picked easy songs, but that's not what I wanted to do.
Well you know what, Ben? Bad judgment on your part. I know you were just trying to be "that guy", but you did kinda fuck over a fellow ScoreHero, which is NOT done. I don't want to sound like I'm angry at you, because I'm not, I just want to let you know that it was just a bad choice to make. Vin put it nicely:
VinnySibel.com wrote:
When money is involved, it's usually good to take things seriously.
Had the entry fee been lower, it would have been funny. But losing twenty bucks makes people overlook the humor in situations. Not that you really "lost" it, Sully, because you did get a good $35 worth of merchandise. But I guess it's kinda like being forced to buy something you didn't want. I won't be surprised if you never where that T-Shirt, lol. But my point is that you didn't leave empty handed. If nothing else, I'm sure you could make some cash on the memory card. Sell it to a friend. They cost $30. It's unopened; you've gotta be able to make twenty back off it.

I guess that's all I got. Any more flaming and I'll get a mod involved. We don't need Vin getting more people banned.

...I made a joke to lighten the mood.

...Too soon?

haytradyl33 wrote:
I thought TheThirdDay said something about if someone doesn't use Hyperspeed, they don't have to in the match.

Again, that was out fault. I'm pretty sure Kitsu's girlfriend was judging your station, and she didn't really know what she was doing. I guess we didn't explain the rules well enough to our staff.But, well...no offence, but you wouldn't have won anyway. Not saying you're bad, but none of us are as good as Ben and Sully. They would've gone to the final round regardless, lol.

haytradyl33 wrote:
Quote:
So that's why. Ah, that sucks. Oh well, I guess I'll see you at ravegefest.

What is this?

ravegefest is a 21 and older ScoreHero event, with a few exceptions (Me, Graf, drewbles, and HellAshes) because we're friends with the host.

Last edited by TheThirdDay on Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:54 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TheThirdDaySH
Benzeeni  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I understand I just made a stupid move, I guess I didn't think anything of it because nothing was said about it. The staff acted like it was fine, but I guess it wasn't. I guess I should have used common sense. Apoligies to Sully and Pat, I was just kidding around and I guess I didn't realize what I did was actually that bad of a move. Hopefully we can just put this all behind us? I hope so, because I don't want to leave here with bad blood between us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: