ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Full Band Star Power Strategy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakeyboy15  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Full Band Star Power Strategy Reply with quote

Can someone tell me how the full band star power system works? I know you get more points I think when everyone uses it at the same time. But what if in a song like ttfaf theres a 3 minutes solo with no vocals. Do you get more points if only the 3 other instruments activate, or all 4 even though vocals isnt hitting anything.
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost positive it's better to use it when all 4 people can. Especially in the heavy bass sections for the drums.

But it really does depend on where you activate. Just crunch out some numbers to see where it'd be better to have everyone activate, or try to 2x 3-instrument activations.

Band SP works as such: For every person in SP, the band multiplier grows 1x at a time. 2 for 2x, 3 for 3x, and all 4 for 4x. The band multiplier is added on top of your personal multiplier. So under a normal 30 note combo you're getting 8x x4 =32x the base points for a note.

On top of that, during vocal freeforms, this band multiplier adds to them also. So under a x13 freeform, it can nab over 120k (see the FBFC of Cult Of Personality)

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often

Last edited by ElementOfZero on Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:18 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
jakeyboy15  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
I'm almost positive it's better to use it when all 4 people can. Especially in the heavy bass sections for the drums.

But it really does depend on where you activate. Just crunch out some numbers to see where it'd be better to have everyone activate, or try to 2x 3-instrument activations.

Is there some sort of bonus you get when everyone activates at the same time?
Garwood  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if two or more people activate star power at the same time in GH:WT/M/SH The whole band gets an additional score multiplier (On top of the personal x2 bonus) equal to the number of people with star power active

21st Century Schizoid Man 5* X+ Drums [x]
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a band is FBFCing a song. All four players have a x4 multiplier and full star power. If they all use SP at the same time, all four players will have a x8 multiplier on top of a full band x4 multiplier. So I think if thats the case, all four members will essentially have a x32 multiplier (totally a 128 multiplier, unless Im really wrong.)

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
jakeyboy15  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if a vocalist has 4x but no words are coming at him/her, only the 3 other players should use SP?
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jakeyboy15 wrote:
So if a vocalist has 4x but no words are coming at him/her, only the 3 other players should use SP?

Like I said, it depends. Vocalists only get 16k per phrase under 4x band. And it only fits in around 1 or 2 phrases an activation. 16k isn't a lot compared to bass heavy/trichord heavy areas. But when there's nothing coming for the vocalist for a while, it's probably better than x2 tri-instrument activations.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
ManOfMrE  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna kick this over to Ban/Multitasking Techniques, which was just aptly renamed. Sorry for not having an obvious place to put these types of threads before now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: