ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Would No Sleep Till Brooklyn be good for learning Voxtar?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Would No Sleep Till Brooklyn be good for learning Voxtar? Reply with quote

OK, considering the whole song is a talkie, I could just babble into the microphone the whole song while focusing on guitar, right? Would this be a good way to learn it, or bad considering it's teaching me not to care about vocals?

EDIT: Also I built a microphone stand out of K'NEX, so that's pretty cool :P

I think I'm going to start off with songs like Obstacle 1 or What I've Done because those are two repetitive songs whose lyrics I've pretty much memorized.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs

Last edited by yksi-kaksi-kolme on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
fcedyourmom  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you actually try to sing the words, but use No Sleep till brooklyn so you won't fail out because of bad vocals.

NovaXD  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that wouldn't be very helpful if you're not paying attention to the vocals. You need to learn to handle the vocal screen and the highway at the same time. (Also, I don't want people beating my score :P)

I find the best songs for voxtar are the songs that are voxtar'd in real life. "About a Girl" comes to mind, as well as "Stillborn" and "Feel the Pain". Other than that, songs with easy/repetitive guitar parts and moderately challenging vocals are also great for guitar and vocals. Y'know, songs like "Obstacle 1" or "What I've Done" or "The One I Love."
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voxtar is a lot easier than you would expect. A few times threw a couple easy songs should get you used to looking at both parts, and eventually you will be able to sing and play some harder songs.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try rooftops.

I found that realy easy.

Or satch boogie lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilo95 wrote:
Try rooftops.

I found that realy easy.

Or satch boogie lol

Yeah! Haha! "Try to imitate the guitar part" I love that...

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
senseiofj324  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest, the first voxtar I ever tried was Lazy Eye double-expert (Double 95%s). I think it's a pretty good song to learn on, because the guitar parts are repetitive where the singing is, and the hard parts on guitar have no vocals.
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first voxtar song was Pull Me Under. It was pretty easy. I could concentrate on the vocals during the verses and then the guitar during the chorus, then the pre-chorus and solos, etc.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Munchlax  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is NSTB can be babbled, or hummed, so to do this well, learn the lyrics, then clearly dictate the words. Along with this do the FC on guitar. NSTB has breaks during verses, so you don't have to play much during the verse (babble time), and more (but not complicated) notes during the chorus (not all that babble time).

Pull Me Under is hard because the guitar is one of the harder songs in the game, and it's not really repetitive. Although the parts during the vocals areas are easy, it's not good to practise during the 2nd verse, where the strumming is fast. I failed there on my first go at that section, and while singing, that would be difficult.

Lazy Eye is good because it's a great song, and the guitar is moderately challenging during the vocals area. Except where it gets heavy. Even though that's awesome, the guitar gets harder (and since I'm a noob), so the challenge is on. It's also 6 minutes long, and PMU is 8 minutes, so they're kind of long to practise.

Obstacle 1 and What I've Done are good songs too, because the guitar is repetitive (it's like they picked these songs for voxtar practice!). They should be easy songs to FC, and are easy to pick out the tune. After those, try Vinternoll2. It's harder, but easy to FC for guitar, and a good tune (not paticularily easy).

FG5*s - GHM, GH5, BH, Ipod

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 5365523106737744
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munchlax wrote:
Pull Me Under is hard because the guitar is one of the harder songs in the game, and it's not really repetitive. Although the parts during the vocals areas are easy, it's not good to practise during the 2nd verse, where the strumming is fast. I failed there on my first go at that section, and while singing, that would be difficult.

¯\(°_o)/¯ I just found it easy, since I can usually memorize guitar parts. I can't voxtar in RB, but can in GH? Idunno, but if it works, it must work... for me anyways ¯\(°_o)/¯

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munchlax wrote:
Obstacle 1 and What I've Done are good songs too, because the guitar is repetitive (it's like they picked these songs for voxtar practice!). They should be easy songs to FC, and are easy to pick out the tune. After those, try Vinternoll2. It's harder, but easy to FC for guitar, and a good tune (not paticularily easy).

Personally, I'd say go with WID. I think it's the easiest non-talky song on World Tour; I suck at vocals and nearly FC'ed it sightread. Then again, being a Linkin Park, I knew the song very well, so that could have something to do with it.
tank732  

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would go with TheThirdDay on this. WID is pretty simple on vox and guitar and you should be able to get good practice on it.
SpoonPerson245  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going to do voxtar on "No sleep till' brooklyn" make sure to actually read the words (Or hum)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: