ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Shiz Rivalry: Round 4, Week 3 Song: Seek and Destroy!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master-Tesuch  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Shiz Rivalry: Round 4, Week 3 Song: Seek and Destroy! Reply with quote

Hello and welcome, to the rivalry that is "The Shiz". This rivalry is for those of us that are very experienced players. Sometimes, in rivalries, I get the feeling that people don't like the elite players joining because it ruins the competition. That makes sense; who would want to be in a squeezing rivalry against Ape? He's...well..."The Shiz".

This rivalry is for anyone and everyone. If you feel like you're a good player, that you are skilled and ready to challenge people who are very talented, this rivalry is for you. Don't be scared if you don't think you're good enough, because there's always someone better, and just because you can't FC Raining Blood doesn't mean that you can't be a strong competitor in a challenging Rivalry.

The only requirement to join is that you must be willing to play and submit a score each week. This rivalry is not for slackers.

The layout of the rivalry is not specific, and I'm open to suggestions, but I'm thinking 1-2 songs per week (difficult songs only, this will NOT be a squeezing rivalry). I more than likely will not be participating in the rivalry, just managing it. If you think this sounds fun, join! I guarentee, if this gets enough participants, this rivalry really will be "The Shiz".

Point System:

5 points for having the highest score where scores are announced
3 points for beating the highest score after scores are announced
2 points for having the "unbeatable score" that doesn't get beaten even after scores are released in the OP for a day
1 point awarded if your score was a FC, this only counts once, whether you FC'ed it for the score that get's announced, and then beat the top score with a FC, you only get 1 point.

Round 1
Week 1 Song: FCPREMIX
Week 2 Song: The Number of the Beast
Week 3 Song: Through the Fire and Flames

Round 2
Week 1 Song: Raining Blood
Week 2 Song: The Way it Ends
Week 3 Song: Take This Life

Round 3

Week 1 Song: Institutionalized
Week 2 Song: Psychobilly Freakout
Week 3 Song: Evil

Round 4

Week 1 Song: Hit the Lights
Week 2 Song: Fade to Black
Week 3 Song: Seek and Destroy

Current Rankings and points:

nickyboy909:
Pas26: 0
Fug: 9
BenDover: 0
Erlend92: 0
matt6662: 6
JayHero: 0
TheThirdDay: 0
snowyporpoise: 0
Guku416: 0
alexhaz64:
fudrick: 0

Round 4, Week 3 Score:

Fug: 510,006 (FC)

And so Fug wins Week 3 and Round 4. Thanks to everyone who has enjoyed the rivalry, it was fun while it lasted.

Round 4, Week 2 Scores:

matt6662: 503,773 (FC)
alexhaz64: 503,122 (FC)

Congrats to matt and alex for both doing very well, I know personally that a FC of Fade to Black isn't a easy thing to do. Our next song is Seek and Destroy, have fun!

Also, even if you forget to enter a score by Saturday night, there's still up to 3 points availabe if you PM the score to me by Sunday night. Two points if you beat the highest score submitted to me on time, and 1 point for if you FC'ed the song.

Round 4, Week 1 Score:

Fug: 433,900 (FC)

Congrats to Fug for getting the top score! Of course, that might have been more challenging if a few more people had participated...

Round 3, Week 3 Scores:

Fug: 414,249 (FC)
Pas26: 413,421 (FC)
matt6662: 413,073 (FC)

Congrats to Fug for winning this round! Everyone got great scores, and I think that Hit the Lights will prove for an interesting song for the new round, so good luck!

Round 3, Week 2 Scores:

Fug: 322,948 (FC)
alexhaz64: 320,752 (FC)

Since almost no one is submitting scores, we will be moving to GHM, if people just don't feel like playing anymore, I'll go ahead and let the rivalry fade into obscurity, I'd just rather not keep running a dead rivalry.

This week's song is Evil! Good luck guys!

Round 3, Week 1 Scores:

Fug: 433,072 (FC)
nickyboy909: 359,xxx

Hmm, everyone has GH2...but no one wants to play it? Gee, fellas....

Round 2, Week 3 Scores:

nickyboy909: 565,282 (FC?)
alexhaz64: 561,654 (FC)
matt6662: 552,350 (-1 twice )
...and nickyboy909 wins Round 2. Geez guys, I know TTL is hard...but could ya have played it...idunno, once?

Round 2, Week 2 Scores:

nickyboy909: 624,223 (FC)
Fug: 622,845
matt6662: 614,821
alexhaz64: 604,xxx
Guku416: 599,687
GenericName: 441,815

Congratz to nickyboy! I'm sorry to hear that this week's song caused alot of chokes from lots of people, but the last song of this round has a slightly easier song: Take This Life. Does everyone have GH2 or GHM? We're kind of out of hard songs on GH3, and I think we could keep it fun with hard songs if we moved to a different game for a while. So, please let me know if you have GM or GH2 and we'll see where we can go after this week.

Round 2, Week 1 Scores:

Pas26: 356,847 (FC)
Guku416: 336,582
Fug: 329,995
alexhaz64: 311,651

Congratulations to Pas for his amazing score! Good luck on TWiE, I hope to see great scores from all of you!

Week 3 Scores:

nickyboy909: 957,291
BenDover: 939,692
matt6662: 879,679
alexhaz64: 760,xxx

Week 2 Scores:

Fug: 627,372 (FC)
nickyboy909: 626,900 (FC)
elScarecrow: 626,152 (FC)
BenDover: 620,696 (FC)

If you will no longer be competing in the rivalry, please let me know so that I can shorten the roster and the people that are competing will have a more accurate idea of who they're playing against. Scores achieved before the week of the rivalry won't be taken for competition, I'm sorry. The point of the rivalry is for people to compete and have fun while they improve, and that isn't going to happen if you use old scores.

Week 1 Scores:

Fug: 393,713 (FC)
FDXCpinballwiz: 393,329 (FC)
elScarecreow: 392,845 (FC)
Chupacabbraz: 392,409 (FC)
BedDover: 391,537 (FC)
Erlend92: 390,033 (FC)
matt6662: 389,229
alexhaz64: 386,145
snowyporpoise: 361,275

No other scores were submitted. C'mon guys...

Current Participants with links to Acc. Threads:

-RichardGHP
-JayHero
-matt6662
-alexhaz64
-Fug
-Erlend92
-FDXCpinballwiz
-wheelchr
-TheThirdDay
-franksnamesjonas
-Xabyxx
-Guku416
-georgekera11
-Chupacabraz
-snowyporpoise
-fudrick
-nickyboy909
-elScarecrow
-BenDover
-sadied0g

<----- One of the hardest banners to earn on ScoreHero!!! The story is pretty good anyway, go ahead, give it a try!

Last edited by Master-Tesuch on Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:50 pm; edited 43 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Master Tesuch
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you carrying over my idea into a new rivalry. ;)

I'll join. (I'm by no means 'elite' but I'd like to participate all the same.)
Jayhero  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am by no means an "Elite Player", nor am I even a "Average Player"

Hell, I'm not even a "Horrible Player"

I'll join.

Guitar Hero Expert FCs?
GH1-26 ~ GH2-2 2 ~ GH80s-18 ~ GH3-\(0_o)/
The amazing customs songs I've made and charted...
youtube.com/w1mz11
Master-Tesuch  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayhero wrote:

I'll join.

Anyone who wants competition and is willing to play each week is a "Elite Player". That's why you're perfect for this rivalry.

RichardGHP wrote:

Great to have you! Hopefully this will be alot of fun, and now you can actually be a part of a rivalry that was your idea anyway.

I'll update the OP with a roster, as far as I'm concerned, this rivalry can have any number of people that want to have fun and will compete seriously each week.

<----- One of the hardest banners to earn on ScoreHero!!! The story is pretty good anyway, go ahead, give it a try!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Master Tesuch
Jayhero  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master-Tesuch wrote:
Jayhero wrote:

I'll join.

Anyone who wants competition and is willing to play each week is a "Elite Player". That's why you're perfect for this rivalry.

RichardGHP wrote:

Great to have you! Hopefully this will be alot of fun, and now you can actually be a part of a rivalry that was your idea anyway.

I'll update the OP with a roster, as far as I'm concerned, this rivalry can have any number of people that want to have fun and will compete seriously each week.
BTW, during school weeks, I can only play during weekends.

I try to recuit some people who are better than me. That will be real hard.

Guitar Hero Expert FCs?
youtube.com/w1mz11
matt6662  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*looks at Jayhero's post*

GH Thread RB Thread

[quote:a154c9c13e="Matt"]I sometimes pull the chalk ball out if I am on the ground, but I usually stick my hand in the bag.
Master-Tesuch  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayhero wrote:

That's fine, I'm the same way. Yay for extreme homework?

matt6662 wrote:

Welcome to the rivalry!

Jayhero  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master-Tesuch wrote:
Jayhero wrote:

That's fine, I'm the same way. Yay for extreme homework?

matt6662 wrote:

Welcome to the rivalry!
More like Yay for extreme parents!

Guitar Hero Expert FCs?
youtube.com/w1mz11
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a squeezing rivalry you say?

...ok fine, I'm in still. (I like being considered 'elite' by any standards, lol)
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Jayhero  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Few Questions,
1. Are you contesting in the rivalry.
2. So are we just playing hard songs? RnBl, KoC?
3. Not really a question, but I would really really really like to play another game besides GH3. That is, if we can.

Guitar Hero Expert FCs?
youtube.com/w1mz11
Fug  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll join.

Accomplishment Thread - Nothing new... lol. | Youtube | S11 - GH2X Squeedlies Champion!
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master-Tesuch wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:

So true, lol. Even if I don't agree with the use of language in the title, this still looks like a lot of fun.

Bear in mind, though: I won't be able to play from September 17 untill October 18th, as I'll be away on vacation.
Master-Tesuch  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayhero wrote:
A Few Questions,
1. Are you contesting in the rivalry.
2. So are we just playing hard songs? RnBl, KoC?
3. Not really a question, but I would really really really like to play another game besides GH3. That is, if we can.

Am I contesting in the rivalry? No, I will only be managing it.

Are we just playing hard songs? More than likely. I want to steer clear of having a squeezing rivalry, but also keep the songs difficult enough to be fun. I imagine the lowest the rivalry would go -in terms of song difficulty- would be Welcome to the Jungle. And that's a bit iffy to me.

Not really a answer, but I would really really really like to have you guys compete on games other than GH3, but that really depends on what games everyone has. I've come up with some rough ideas on the layout and system of the rivalry, which I'll breakdown in this post. If you guys can let me know what games you have, and also if you think the idea I have will work, we can get this rivalry under way.

Fug and alexhaz64, you are both now on the roster. RichardGHP; I apologize about the language in the title, if anyone has a idea for a alternate title, I'd be more than happy to change it, if it is a super crazy aweome title, anyway...."The Super Crazy Awesome Rivalry"? Hmm...kind of juvenille, but that's the right direction, anyway.

Basic Layout of the rivalry: My idea was to have rounds weekly, and since some of us can only play on weekends, have the scores due Saturday at 11 o 'clock PM. The reason for that is, I was thinking that you guys could compete each week for the highest score that you could get on the song. Scores would be PM'ed to me (not posted in this thread), and I would update the thread Saturday night after 11 o 'clock. The update would include everyone's scores, everyone's new point standings, and the song for the next week.

However, for 24 hours after the round ended, and the scores were announced, additional points would be awarded to the people that beat the score of the person who got the highest score. So, if the top score achieved was Fug with 349k, and before Sunday at 11 o 'clock Jayhero got 353k, Jayhero would get additional points. My idea behind this was just to motivate people to get the best score they possibly could, not just "good enough". The point system would have to be balanced so that you still got more points for getting the highest score on Saturday then beating that score on Sunday to prevent some playing of the system. If the person who gets the highest score doesn't get beat by Sunday, they will get the points that would go to someone who beat their score. Would it be better to for them to get more points than someone who would beat their score? As a extra initiative to get a "unbeatable" score?

I'm not quite sure how the point system will work out, but here's my rough idea:

5 points for having the highest score where scores are announced
3 points for beating the highest score after scores are announced
2 points for having the "unbeatable score" that doesn't get beaten even after scores are released in the OP for a day
1 point awarded if your score was a FC, this only counts once, whether you FC'ed it for the score that get's announced, and then beat the top score with a FC, you only get 1 point.

Would you guys want the rivalry to be run in 3 week rounds? That might keep it fresh, and it would also help keep Richard's vacation from hurting his standing in the rivalry.

For this system to work, there would have to be score confidentiality, where you don't tell other people the scores you got during the week that the song is being competed on.

I think that this idea has the potential to make a fun, challenging rivalry as long as the contestants stay competitive and willing to play each week.

Thoughts? Comments? This is a work in progress, so let me know what you think!

Sign ups will be open until the first round starts, which will probably be next week.

Last edited by Master-Tesuch on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Erlend92  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IM IN!!
Pokemaniac1  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't join, but instead of "the shit"... how about "The shiz"? It's almost exactly alike, and it seems to be more widely accepted than it's cousin.

Clickeh For meh Acc. Thread!

GuitarHailz wrote:
Boobs do, in fact, make tapping harder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: