ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Cowboys From Hell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Medium
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my path. It's gotten me first by over a thousand, so go wild: Cowboys From Hell - Medium

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's almost exactly the path that I've been using, I just haven't been able to FC this yet.
nicko68  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also having problems 5* this song (last normal one I need to do).

I take it from the other posts that trying to do HO/PO is not an option? I did hear that they are "broken" in GH1.

I'm pretty close though. I was able to get in the 160K range. However, I had to stop trying because my score was going down the more I tried (probably getting frustrated and tired)
rude95841  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicko68 wrote:
I'm also having problems 5* this song (last normal one I need to do).

I take it from the other posts that trying to do HO/PO is not an option? I did hear that they are "broken" in GH1.

I'm pretty close though. I was able to get in the 160K range. However, I had to stop trying because my score was going down the more I tried (probably getting frustrated and tired)

ok ho/po's aren't broken they just aren't as easy...however they are still doable. I use them a lot on this song in fact (during the solos) the main riff(not the chorus) has a few HO/PO's i dont do them there but i'm sure they could be done.. the parts that go and the parts that go and the parts that go i alt strum

the parts that go i strum the blue ones the rest I pull off

the parts that go i HO/PO

and the parts that go i alt strum

hope this is helpful to you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nicko68  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks rude!

I finally 5* last night with no HO/PO. I did alt stum though. I was able to do enough of the song to get past (with 179,xxx points). I will go back and try some of the tips you suggested to build on my HO/PO skills though.
FinalAeon  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must of had 6 or 7 (-1) runs yesterday but I can't seem to get the FC. The last one I messed up the last 4 note PO (not that I play it as one). Managed to snag 8th though because of Armageddon's great path.
nesophile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

192963!!!

OMG it was beautiful.... finally! Cool site, thx for the help...
jimstrom  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't even get past 4 freaking stars on this damn song, and i get quite frustrated each time i do the song, and it shows 3 stars.

I've 5 starred every song even the bonus ones, except this damn song, which i somehow got a 4 star on, but i am not being close to that, my plan is to master CFH buy the last items, do the unlock code to get the axe, and then move on to GH2.

But since this song from hell can't be beaten, i'm tempted to the type in the cheat anyway.

But i you got any tips or tricks in how to beaten this song, which i havent tried yet, i would be most grateful.
scorpion666  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimstrom wrote:
I can't even get past 4 freaking stars on this damn song, and i get quite frustrated each time i do the song, and it shows 3 stars.

I've 5 starred every song even the bonus ones, except this damn song, which i somehow got a 4 star on, but i am not being close to that, my plan is to master CFH buy the last items, do the unlock code to get the axe, and then move on to GH2.

But since this song from hell can't be beaten, i'm tempted to the type in the cheat anyway.

But i you got any tips or tricks in how to beaten this song, which i havent tried yet, i would be most grateful.

Decontrol almost got me to the breaking point.

One thing I realized after a day where I read about people having there hands hurt or tired, was that my fret hand was tired not my strum hand. Both CFH and BaTM make my fret hand tired because it's trying to move all over the place, sometimes it's as if it's hurt and it won't even move.

It reminds me of weightlifting and what they said as to, play a day, or lift a day, then do something else the next day and let your muscles heal. If your ripping them, like you do when you weight lift, you need to give it a day inbetween to heal. I think that is my problem.

I like Pantera and Ozzy, not these songs the best, but they're good. I raised my score 40 K in BaTM last night, 4 starred it, but I don't think I've got past 3 on CFH. I'm going to continue on BaTM until I beat it, and then go back to this.

My problem isn't the fast BYRG part, it's the natural verses or the GY notes, I can not seem to get that rythm down. So I'm continually messing up on it.

I'd say just continue practicing, but take a day off inbetween, so if your arms are hurting you give them time to heal and get ready to rock it out.

So many times I've taken a day off and come back and 5 starred a song immediately or within 3 tries. So it might work for you.
scorpion666  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I have the BYRG sections down.

I am better at the G Y, sections.

The problem is the solo where it's like GRG, RYR, etc. That solo is messing me up, but if I can keep my multiplier for a bit longer and maybe get a bit more star power, I can beat this song.

I just got 162 K on it, so I'm 15 K off.

I beat BaTM in 2 tries today though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Medium All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: