ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Vocal lag? What the hell?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveAbKI  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Vocal lag? What the hell? Reply with quote

I'm brand new to vocals in RB/GH. I'm finally gonna try vocals in GH5 (using my 360 headset mic, which I know sucks but for now it'll do). After playing some talkies, I've noticed that the vocal stuff (lines/boxes or whatever that you have to follow) seem to be lagging behind the audio. I play on the same monitor I've been using for the past few years, and I'm calibrated just as usual for guitar/bass/drums, so it's not an issue of a laggy HDTV. Is this normal? What's going on?

Also, aren't vocal freeforms now supposed to give you SP? I make random noises during freeform parts and my SP doesn't go up...

edit: Maybe I don't understand how vocal freeforms work at all and that last part was immensely stupid. I guess there ARE certain pitches you need to make? Please excuse my stupidity, I've ignored vocals in these games till right now.
Megaman703  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vocal freeforms don't give you Star Power, they give you Rock Meter (Life). Just a little bit, though.
SteveAbKI  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. I guess I remembered what I read wrong.

Anyway to clarify the lag thing, when it's time to sing a word/pitch/whatever, the scrolling pitch line is just to the right of the comet and line, arriving a little late. Just like guitar/bass/drum lag. But I don't have much lag to begin with, and I calibrated so it's perfect. Is this just the way it is? Doesn't really make sense.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 360 headset is known for having pretty bad input lag to begin with, and GH5's vocals do have a bit of lag inherent to them.

I'm not really sure why these games don't let you calibrate differently for each instrument - it would certainly save some headaches.
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. I do have this problem too. The headset lag was kinda easy to handle on the previous GH's (I even didn't note any lag somehow ), but looks like they made GH5 almost impossible to be played with it.

I can't even 5* Song 2 with consistency, and I can't even pass some other song consistently. You gotta do what they apparently want you to do: get a mic.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
holydevel  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea it lags behind when you change the video lag even with the real mic (atleast on the wii ver)

i found taking off the calibration puts it all back to normal (might screw up your lag but i found it easier cause you dont have to guess when to change pitches or whatever)

Seriously, it causes so much drama.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: