ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Gratitude

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Gratitude Reply with quote

If you take a look at the leaderboards for Gratitude on vocals, virtually every score is different. I really don't understand this. I've played this song tons of times with a seemingly optimal path and get 39,066 EVERY time. No one else has this score on the leaderboards.

They're all talkies, so it's not like getting all the "ticks" in every phrase is a problem. There are only like three or four POSSIBLE path combinations in this song, since it's only 16 phrases long.

Does every game register ticks differently? I honestly can't figure this out for the life of me.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: Gratitude Reply with quote

dr00bles wrote:
If you take a look at the leaderboards for Gratitude on vocals, virtually every score is different. I really don't understand this. I've played this song tons of times with a seemingly optimal path and get 39,066 EVERY time. No one else has this score on the leaderboards.

They're all talkies, so it's not like getting all the "ticks" in every phrase is a problem. There are only like three or four POSSIBLE path combinations in this song, since it's only 16 phrases long.

Does every game register ticks differently? I honestly can't figure this out for the life of me.

Thoughts?
This is what I meant in the other thread about the Children of Bodom song. I can get different scores on a talkie song, but do the same thing each time. I'm assuming it has to do something with pitches, but I haven't done any testing, nor is there a good chance that's the final conclusion. Other possibilities I have thought of for scoring ticks would be how long you hold the phrase(If you hold a note where there's a space), and/or the volume you're singing at.

In any case, we're working on it.

I am a bit surprised though that you keep getting the same score exact score each time. I've only done some testing with the Bodom song, but not Gratitude. I'll need to check that one.
werelord  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe people sing differently and pause at different places plus different paths. But if you got optimal...any chance I could have that path?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps it oculd be different lag calibrations influencing the ticks in someway. like strikebowler figured out that calibration trick that gets you more points on rock band, im not exactly sure of the details, but maybe it could be something like that
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBfoYc2NlJk

tried to copy air's path and got nothing lol
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to look into this using a piano. Part of me thinks that it somehow has to do with the pitch matching the general key of the song...

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
BOYOBOYY  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boss1592 wrote:
perhaps it oculd be different lag calibrations influencing the ticks in someway. like strikebowler figured out that calibration trick that gets you more points on rock band, im not exactly sure of the details, but maybe it could be something like that

It is 100% due to lag settings (tested it with a friend), if you can find the right settings you can get more points. This is the most 'broken' of all the games, I've had so many problems with it. The scoring system would be pretty good otherwise.
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people who are still playing for fun actually try singing the words and miss some ticks. >_>

JUST KIDDING LOL, but IMO there are 2 possibilities:

1) some people don't realize that you have to do just like you did in WT when you were trying to get 100%, in order to get the optimal score: don't even miss a single tick.

2) they're used to the WT/M/SH system and activate near the end of a phrase, instead of trying to get the most ticks under SP. It works that way, right?

EDIT: Or what the above poster said.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Groudon199  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOYOBOYY wrote:
boss1592 wrote:

It is 100% due to lag settings (tested it with a friend), if you can find the right settings you can get more points. This is the most 'broken' of all the games, I've had so many problems with it. The scoring system would be pretty good otherwise.

That doesn't explain how I've gotten 2 different scores with the same path for Gratitude on the same lag settings (I've gotten less points with the mic against the back of the 360 than when I'm singing into the mic).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Groudon199
BOYOBOYY  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groudon199 wrote:
BOYOBOYY wrote:
boss1592 wrote:

That doesn't explain how I've gotten 2 different scores with the same path for Gratitude on the same lag settings (I've gotten less points with the mic against the back of the 360 than when I'm singing into the mic).

Well I have a few explanations for that, but firstly, how do you know your 360 is completing the phrases as accurately as your voice? I'd like to know the answer to that first. It's quite straightforward with GHWT but with the other games it's harder to tell.
bh0ukk  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to hear your explanations.

I made some tests on Medicate in beginner and i have different scores with different lag settings.
I also have differents scores with the same lag setting.

And i tried to use a fan and my voice with the same setting and scores are differents too.

I'm tottaly lost...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: