ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
the new scoring system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holydevel  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: the new scoring system Reply with quote

yea so with the new score system i just want to clear up a few things
(please tell me if i'm right/wrong)
1. you now get points on how much of a phrase you hit (much like GHWT)

2. the above now also applies for SP (you can get more then a quarter bar by hitting a long phrase)

3. in some phrases you can get more than the base score for previous games (eg. in the last 'woah's in kryptonite i seem to get around 6000 points per phrase without SP)

any and all help would be appriciated as i still haven't gotten my head around this engine

Seriously, it causes so much drama.
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: the new scoring system Reply with quote

holydevel wrote:
yea so with the new score system i just want to clear up a few things
(please tell me if i'm right/wrong)
1. you now get points on how much of a phrase you hit (much like GHWT)

2. the above now also applies for SP (you can get more then a quarter bar by hitting a long phrase)

3. in some phrases you can get more than the base score for previous games (eg. in the last 'woah's in kryptonite i seem to get around 6000 points per phrase without SP)

any and all help would be appriciated as i still haven't gotten my head around this engine

1: Sort of, you get a number amount of points for how much a phrase you get per phrase. (Phrase A may have XXX points, Phrase B may have XXXX points)
2: No, it's still the same.
3:Yes, since there is no base score.
Spectrauma  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do get more SP by hitting more of that phrase. Never enough for an activation, though.
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectrauma wrote:
You do get more SP by hitting more of that phrase. Never enough for an activation, though.
Oh yeah, sorry about that. It should be that you do. I must've misread your question.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few clarifications:

- You gain anywhere from 1/4 (minimum) to 1/3 (maximum) of a SP bar for completing a SP phrase. The better you do on the progress meter, the more extra SP you get. 3 really good phrases will give you a full bar if you're pitch perfect at all times.

- I'm "pretty sure" the score for each phrase is based on the number of ticks in the pitchlines. The more time is covered by the pitch lines, the more points the phrase is potentially worth.

- Note that you only get the SP double score bonus for any phrase in which SP is active at the time you complete the last word in the phrase. Activating at the end of a phrase on the last word is good - just bear in mind that any "left over" SP that trails into another phrase (but doesn't reach the end of the phrase) gives you exactly 0 extra points. This minimizes the importance of exactly timing your SP activations, and instead emphasizes pitch accuracy.
holydevel  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you sure about that last one i thought they fixed that

it might be different from version to version like how the PS2 has a base score unlike all the other versions

Seriously, it causes so much drama.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holydevel wrote:
are you sure about that last one i thought they fixed that

it might be different from version to version like how the PS2 has a base score unlike all the other versions

Yep, I'm sure, at least for the PS360 versions. Dunno about Wii/PS2 - those might do something different, but I don't see any reason why they would.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: