SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
psx: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 68, 69, 70  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

microgamer2vs2 wrote:
How are you doing the bridge anyways? HO/PO's or strumming it all?
I'm hopoing it now, which I'm suddenly a lot better at now.

Confury wrote:
For the transition from F to Bridge, this is what I do.

http://www.slowhero.com/gh2-ps2/expert/jordan.no-squeeze.best.png

On measure 88, the scale going up to the oranges, I slide my index to yellow, hit the oranges, pull-off to the blue, hit the orange while still holding blue, then hold yellow with my index and hit the next 2 blues with my middle finger, then slide back to red and then green. Then continue on to the bridge.

Also, if you have trouble at all with that bridge act, try strumming the bridge right near the end. I did that for a bit and it worked pretty well. Just activate as soon as the verse starts up again.

You need to start practicing C a lot starting right now also. Just keep going through different fingerings and stay on Slow for a bit.

Y'know what the funny part about the F-bridge transition is? The first time I FCed the bridge in practice a few days ago or whenever, I actually immediately went and slapped F and Bridge together. I missed once and that was halfway through the bridge >_> But yeah, more time in practice for stuff, including most definitely C. Any and all suggestions and advice and whatnot are greatly appreciated

My only problem with the bridge activation last night was not pulling it off when I needed it the most (ie. 398k and 412k runs >_<). Got it off a fair few times otherwise.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand away to work I go. Then maybe more work on Jordan. Or beer consumption. Probably the latter. WOO!
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Strykerx  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quit doing things good.

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: :D Reply with quote

So... I heard through the grapevine Mr psx here did good at the WCG state qualifier for the Australian team heading to Chengdu (that's in China kids) this year... If he does well, he may be getting this:

...Hmmm?

Anyway, gogogo the finals in Sydney?

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
Confury  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: :D Reply with quote

Cyberwaste wrote:
*amazingly hot chick*

Lemme do you a favor and take that picture off your hands there, Cyber >_> <_<

Anyway *looks back at pic* uhm...errr...oh, right. Any new progress on Jordan/H18/lolGemini/lolInsti, psx?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That very same picture got me in trouble with a female friend of mine not too far back.

Long story.
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: :D Reply with quote

Confury wrote:
Cyberwaste wrote:
*amazingly hot chick*

Lemme do you a favor and take that picture off your hands there, Cyber >_> <_<

Anyway *looks back at pic* uhm...errr...oh, right. Any new progress on Jordan/H18/lolGemini/lolInsti, psx?
Can't say I was expecting Mr. Cyberwaste to bump my thread with my first instance of money making from these plastic instrument games haha.

But anywho, to answer Confury's question, the only progress of any form that I've made since I last bumped my thread was a 427k Jordan run. Well, that and a -3 on Solo C on slow. And consistency on C3 on full speed. And consistency on B1 on full speed. I've hit the Gemini bridge a couple more times but I really haven't got anything that works consistently yet. It's just such a pain in the dick >_< But yeah, chances are I'm gonna be working on WT for the next month in preparation for the Aussie WCG finals in Sydney next month, so don't be surprised if the next bump(s) to this thread are all WT related >_>

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHWT: BYOB EFF CEEEEE ^_^

Had an amusing weekend at the Aussie WCG finals in Sydney. TwilightNight is once again the Australian representative for WCG this year much like he was last year, but I didn't let him get there without a fight, even if it was purely because of this song. I had been practicing BYOB for a fair while now, and had a -2 prior to this weekend. On Saturday whilst Twilight and I were mucking around, I'd gotten a -2 rather randomly. On Sunday during the final, I notched up another -2 against Twilight, and figured as soon as I got home I'd chase this FC. Which brings us to tonight's results:

I am ridiculously consistent at this song (shock horror, psx is good at a strumming song!). Never missed Party Time tonight. Dumb misses really. Even had to FC past Party Time 3 times before the FC run heh. Best part is the way I play the verses: DUD DUD DUD DUD DUD DUD D etc. Yep. It's the only way I can keep combo on the song, and I've got it down beautifully now.

I DO have a vid of this too, that'll be up in due time, when I can get this file down to size, and stuff. My first vid in a long time :O T'was taken on my new phone that I won from the WCG final, so I'm likely gonna be tinkering around with it for a while before I get something that really works. But for now, y'all can marvel at the pretty picture above (which incidentally was also taken on my new phone ).

dr00bles  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! This song is a WTF fest.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PSX >>> WCG

That is all
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, that new shiny phone gets it done!

Glad you had a good time in Sydney, seemed like a lot of fun... Too bad BYOB is a bitch. -_-

Anyway, kind of bummed you didn't make it to China, but from what you've told me/the Boganites, the better man won. I'll be sure to cheer him on.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

Last edited by Cyberwaste on Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
JimmyHero33  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr00bles wrote:
Congrats! This song is a WTF fest.

The Alt Strumming is easyish but so easy to drop notes I havn't played it in that long but great FC! I KNow I wouldn't get this! Luck PSX aswell gets to play in australian torney booo!!!!!! Wish I could have gone but broke as crap haha.

Also Trogdor FC sounds sexy! Wish I could have that sexyness good job keep EFF CEEEE-ing!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to post in the thread with the pic of the hot chick. But congrats on the BYOB FC, too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now here's a vid link to the BYOB FC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HynyZtNLtPA

I honestly haven't seen it yet because I'm too tired, its almost 4am, I haven't had my sleep, I think I'm dying of lack of sleep, blah blah blah, crap crap crap, watch pl0x ^_^

dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vid is awesome. You strum it a lot differently than I expected. Much more gallop-y. It obviously works for you though congrats on becoming so consistent at such a difficult song and capturing it on vid with your new PRIZE

YAAAAAAAAAAY <3 etc YAAAAAAAAAAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, that galloping sounds so weird, but it obviously works. Good old Neversoft timing windows, amirite? Not that you've ever been particularly bad at strumming in tight windows... >__> Anyway, congrats on a crazy FC. I've never even come close to the FC in Rock Band with all the HOPOs in the verse (which is easier in my opinion). Great job.

Also, kinda irrelevant at this point, but about that picture: big boobs =/= beautiful.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 57 of 70

Jump to: