Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tidus' WoR XVox: Epic songs for epic friends! [GH Vox FSFC]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, sorry for the bizarre joke. I really altered the lyrics to fit to my gender, just 'cause I think I feel good with this. Took a while due to missing either on the treacherous "But I SHOULDA THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE WE KISSED" or on the "I'm gonna give you away/for someone else to take" section, so no chokes at the end. That makes my 3rd "Almost One-Man Band FC" on GH5, and I could keep the No Doubt FC legacy on Guitar Hero Vocals. Now I just need to wait for Band Hero and bring down Just a Girl (which will be "Just a Boy" for sure) and Don't Speak ASAP.

This game is really full of flat notes. Or is it just my impression? Well, this song is still fun to sing. In the right side, you can see a Bass FC on the PS2, so I FC'd the 4th song on 3 instruments.

I also got Fame. Almost nowhere to use SP, amirite?

I forgot to take a pic of Only Happy When It Rains. The camera ran out of batteries, but I have a vid of it. I'll post when I upload it. All the Pretty Faces fell as well, but I have the pic on my cellphone, so I'll upload tomorrow.

Also, if you're concerned with the PS2 score pics, I tried GH5 on a Samsung 42" at the gamestore, and, for my happiness, the PS2 version of GH5 is lag-free, or it's minimal. But, if there's really lag, then I wouldn't have done this!

So, I told Lili I'd do it. If requested, maybe I can 5* that worthless, strummy sack of shit called Brianstorm before my fucking wake!

I got a vid of the 5*, but not this run. It's actually a bit worse score, but it's still a 5* BEFORE the final riffs, so it still does the trick. I'm doing hands vids as well. You'll see them soon enough.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
I also got Fame. Almost nowhere to use SP, amirite?

Oh god, Fame... I hate that song on bass SO MUCH! And as I said in my thread, I think I'll have to do it again for a decent score... dreading it.

Keep those FCs coming though.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on these FCs dude! Keep 'em coming!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberwaste - Thanks! And inorite? The song itself isn't bad IMO, but the bass chart is boring and I was really bugged about where there'll be some notes so I can use SP. Especially because it was a sightread.

Dr00bles - Thanks! It means a lot coming fom you!

I deleted that vid (RDaD Full Solo FC with hands) because of the extreme darkness which could give people a hard time. As I don't have too much time, then I can't upload other vids. Many others, mostly the bass ones will start coming tomorrow.

I uploaded a hands vids, but had to delete it due to the intense darkness. Next move will be going with a non-black shirt and/or trying to expose my hands to a clearer place.

Also, the vid I promised is there as well.

Scatterbrain 5*

Much more soon.

Edit: Got around to upload 2 other bass vids and get a new vox FC.

A-Punk *SIGHTREAD*
Wolf Like Me

Pretty easy, started learning it completely today and FC'd it like 20 minutes later. Had to FC the middle part twice because of a choke at the very last pitched phrase

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate double posts, ya know. But this is another update, so there it goes.

I've been voxing GH5 for a while today, going through the Career. On my way, I re-FC'd Ex-Girlfriend and Kryptonite, both 1st try. My face was melted, being considered the time I wasted for the 1st FC of 'em.

Also, I got this on 1st try. Very cool, 'cept for the fact that this is the worst FC on SH for now.

Also, I got to upload 2 vids before maintenance. Going to upload more tomorrow.

Only Happy When It Rains
Sympathy for the Devil (not an FC)

tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triple post...hope to never have to talk to myself again, for this stuff feels like...error-inducing

I've been only voxing GH5 on 360 during this week, because it's the only thing I can do in my house (don't have time to go to the gamestore 'til the weekends, remember?). Thought I'd get rid of some songs I gave up on yesterday.

I learned to do this ridiculosly catchy song one octave lower, except for the backing vocal stuff towards the end. The last "rains" of every verse, as well as "You can keep me company", were roadblocks to me. I'm only happy when it gets FC'd on Guitar, Bass and Voc- oh wait, I just did it!

This great song is unfortunately spoiled with mischarted notes here and there. I had a hard time on "Still you pray, never stray" obviously, and when I get the hang of it, I keep choking on other flat notes on the 2nd phrase of either one of the choruses (the one about spiteful spear). I dunno how the score stinks so much though. Anyway, another song FC'd on 3 instruments!

On a side note, thought I'd share my character but now in a new looking. If you ever saw her on my Smash Hits vid, she was the same as on WT and Metallica. I tried to keep her like that on GH5, but her forehead was weird and looked too big with the Free Spirit hairstyle. Solution? Changing her completely. This is how my amulet looks like now:

She says "Howdy" to ScoreHero

dr00bles  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job! Judith is incredibly frustrating. So many WTF moments.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pouuuuuur your misery dooown on meee that song is soooo cool !! i've done a video on this today too (but i'm not telling you which instrument hehe ;P). nice job on getting this !! you should try some trick to play drums with your dualshock hahahah

keep it up ^___^

ps : howdy hot girl
Nikki  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice character! I also use an edited one on GHSH XD

Did you use a flash for that pic? I usually try to take the pic without flash, and with macro on (but I use a tripod, makes things way easier too XD).

You've been quite active lately, keep on going! Your videos are pretty cool too ^_^
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments, they really mean a lot!

Dr00bles - I know, right? Tough and short phrases, as well as flat notes...sometime I rethink if it really doesn't deserve intensity 8. It's great to have this FC whatsoever.

Arvain - I guess you did either Vox or Drums or maybe Voxtar...unfortunately, I can't make the game recognize dualshock as drums, just as a plastic guitat. But eh, I can play Guitar AND Bass! Glad you liked my character. Too bad I couldn't display her face.

Nikki - I'm glad you liked my character as well, and the vids too. I was wondering if someone could say she looks pretty "slutty" but eh, the intention was to let her really hot! I took the pic without flash, and the room was with the lights out. The problem was the light at the background in the game itself. I'll try to get a better pic later, if I manage to change that background.

I got Smells Like Teen Spirit on my 1st try as FC #11, but I forgot to upload and now I don't have enough time. Easy enough, I got it after giving up on Demon(s) on my short time before going to take the bus to the Uni. Actually, I think there are flat notes on Demon(s) as well. It's the last note of each chorus, much lower than it sounds. The final part needs consistency.

Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Sympathy for the Devil (not an FC)

You got...That... On a Dualshock? ARGH! This song frustrates me so much on my Les Paul. If I remember correctly it's my missing on-disc 5*... FC isn't happening for a while I think.

Grats. <3...

tidus wrote:
Character pic

Tell me baby, what's your story... >_> <_<

You know who she kind of reminds me of? Tina from Dead or Alive...

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

Last edited by Cyberwaste on Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on the vox FC's! 11 already? You'll probably beat my FC count soon. We can just have a mini-rivalry on everything! Hmmm, I want to get Judith, I should work on that. Mr. Green

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
lilirock  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on Bass (very nice videos too!), and congrats on the Scatterbrain 5*! That must be insanely hard to do on DS! Also I'm sure you can FC Sympathy for the Devil, it will be just a matter of hitting everything in the same run, 'cause you can definitely hit every part of this song It might take a bit of time/patience though XD

tidus wrote: I really thought about you and your sexy calm fretting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PMS lilirock
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies! That's very appreciated!

Cyberwaste - Same here, buddy. I gotta train the harder parts on and off at least, once in a while...but the song's so long that I can't really remember them. As for the impressions about my character, it's good that you liked her..."...where did you come from?" amirite? I got it. I remember Tina from DoA...very alike, outside the fact that my character is redhead...

Hailz - Now that I got a larger ratio of possible FC's on Vocals, that's a maybe. I could give you a race for your money. Mr. Green But remember: you're the one who FC'd Under Pressure, I'm the one who can't even 5* the same song. You could get Judith with little time, just go for it!

Lili - So you checked my Bass vids...I'm flattered! I'm pretty sure I can improve on Scatterbrain guitar (and FC bass Mr. Green ), but I just didn't have the time and the patience to do so. Sympathy will take some time, I want to do a bit of progress each time I play GH5 on PS2. But just a bit per session, I don't want to waste time with only one song, while I can get tons of Expert Bass/Hard Guitar FC's.

Speaking of FC's, why didn't you two (Lili and Hailz) put me outta my misery yet? My Guitar FC count is pretty weak and I only have 2 or 3 tougher FC's Looking forward for it to be beaten by you girls.

No, seriously now...

I failed for the second time on my attempt to FC All the Pretty Faces on Vox, always stopping on the 4th "Oh, how did it happen", and eventually on "Without me" or "About me". Well, I got some FC's though.

Hell, 1st try yesterday...so easy that I couldn't even breathe, or path, or doing anything. Doing it on original octave would be as possible as FC Superstition (which I sightread passed, yay me) with my actual skills and condition.

Now for today...semi-sightread galore! I figured out that the verses would sound the same, I restarted twice on the 1st verse, for not feeling like sightreading the whole song before going for the FC. Way too long. 3rd verse almost gave me a good scare!

Last FC of the day. Love this song, had it on my head on the work at this morning, apart from the final part though. 3rd-to-last phrase, as well as myself with dumb misses, contributed for the 30 minutes chokefest before FCing this. Probably a punishment for underestimating this song.

I'll try to upload the remaining Bass vids from last weekend, I've been a lazy bum today for this!

lilirock  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Speaking of FC's, why didn't you two (Lili and Hailz) put me outta my misery yet? My Guitar FC count is pretty weak and I only have 2 or 3 tougher FC's Looking forward for it to be beaten by you girls.

Don't worry, I'll be working on that soon I'm not that far now haha! I don't really have that much time to play, and since a few days ago, I've been having problems with my red fret dropping reds, so I gave up for a little while to get new FCs... Took like a complete hour to get 2 ridiculously easy FCs

Anyway, congrats on your vox stuff

tidus wrote: I really thought about you and your sexy calm fretting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PMS lilirock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 51 of 92

Jump to: