ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
What stands for Sultans of Swing stands for "Save Our Souls"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: What stands for Sultans of Swing stands for "Save Our S Reply with quote

The phrase in question may be the 1st WTF phrase, "A band is blowin' dixie".

I watched dr00bles' vid, it helped me a hella lot throughout this song. But that is the only phrase I didn't hit on training, I can *never* get the pitch on "band", and that phrase probably requires that I'm perfect thorough it for being short.

So, any help?

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: What stands for Sultans of Swing stands for "Save O Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
The phrase in question may be the 1st WTF phrase, "A band is blowin' dixie".

I watched dr00bles' vid, it helped me a hella lot throughout this song. But that is the only phrase I didn't hit on training, I can *never* get the pitch on "band", and that phrase probably requires that I'm perfect thorough it for being short.

So, any help?

The words "A" and "band" are the same note in different octaves. Do as I did and just sing them in the same octave. Hope that helps!

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah I hate when they do this <_< They should have everything charted to 1 octave visual space. It's hax to have no constant visual indicators for tone.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Octave jumps...how I missed thee...they were pretty common on Rock Band, but I thought they wouldn't appear again on Guitar Hero.

Check Spiderwebs on GHWT, the phrase is "A telephonic invasion". The only octave jump case I know on GH Vocals.

By the way Dr00bles, thanks a lot! I hit that phrase thrice today, and got the technical FC. But I need a whole lotta consistency on this one and everything else to get the real run FC.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: