ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rewind/Euphoria path thread.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickyboy909  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Rewind/Euphoria path thread. Reply with quote

Hey this will be the archive for the best paths for using euphoria and reqinds to get the best possible score. I don't have any yet but i will update this if any one posts here or msgs me

Benster26  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think tht DJ hero is being added to path hero so ths may not get tht many good paths.

Back on the 11th!
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, until we have charts, paths will be pretty tough.

But I'll say this: ALOT of points come from rewinds. Rewinds are awarded for a 60 note streak... BUT you cannot get more than 1 rewind at a time, and your combo only starts counting towards another rewind after the rewind is used (and my friend believes also only after the rewind bonus has expired). So when you get a rewind, use it very soon...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use a Rewind and Euphoria at the same time, do you get a x16 combo? It isn't reflected this way visually, but I haven't watched the scores to know for sure. I'm guessing optimal paths will work like rewind, euphoria, rewind, euphoria... the scores could get massive if we almost always can get x8 multipliers. 0_o

Anyone care to shed some light on this?

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think until we see charts and find out how many beats (or bars) a rewind will give, the game will be a pain to path.

GuitarHailz wrote:
If you use a Rewind and Euphoria at the same time, do you get a x16 combo?

I also want to know this. I want to know whether or not using Euphoria on a rewind is essentially wasting it...

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you that you can't activate Euphoria during a rewind >_>
Kois  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
If you use a Rewind and Euphoria at the same time, do you get a x16 combo? It isn't reflected this way visually, but I haven't watched the scores to know for sure.

Using rewind and Euphoria at the same time doesn't seem to generate greater scores. It only seems to waste euphoria. Same goes for the effects dial sections. The max multiplier seems to be locked at x8. I was rather disappointed in seeing that you can't get an x32 multiplier, but at the same time the game seems to have more depth with the multiplier ceiling. For me anyways.
higgatron  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kois wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
If you use a Rewind and Euphoria at the same time, do you get a x16 combo? It isn't reflected this way visually, but I haven't watched the scores to know for sure.

Using rewind and Euphoria at the same time doesn't seem to generate greater scores. It only seems to waste euphoria. Same goes for the effects dial sections. The max multiplier seems to be locked at x8. I was rather disappointed in seeing that you can't get an x32 multiplier, but at the same time the game seems to have more depth with the multiplier ceiling. For me anyways.

i'm with you. i tried everything i could to get above x8

i find rewind very useful for multipliers but even more important if you mess up your euphoria charge streak

on another note, i noticed in the freestyle sections, you actually do get scored for the first tap in any freestyle sample section, but it won't add to your note streak (since they're not charted)...rewinds also don't add to your note streak BUT having the fader to the left or right scores on the note streak for however long it's on one track

nickyboy909  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you definitely cannot get your multiplier higher than eight.

I guess for rewinds the strategy would be to use it as soon as possible and euphoria would be like sp(when theres the most notes lol)

I got some sort of idea. If there's a long red freetyle thing with you having euphoria and a bunch of G/B notes, you could wait until then, activate it when all the other notes come, THEN press the red button.

Kois  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

higgatron wrote:
on another note, i noticed in the freestyle sections, you actually do get scored for the first tap in any freestyle sample section, but it won't add to your note streak (since they're not charted)...rewinds also don't add to your note streak BUT having the fader to the left or right scores on the note streak for however long it's on one track

I have more to add to that. This is all that I've noticed that adds to the note streak.

Button presses add to your note streak. Button combos (green + blue, green + red + blue, etc.) all count as one note.

Directional scratching counts as one note. Free scratch sections (I don't know what they're really called) seem to increase the note streak in a rhythmic fashion.

Crossfade movements by themselves count as one note. Crossfade movements in combination with button or scratching counts as two notes.

When the crossfader is at the far left or far right the score increases at a steady pace. The note streak increases by one note per beat.

During free styles zone you get points for the first sample you launch and the possibility of getting points once more if you pick another sample. Launching anymore samples after that doesn't seem to make a difference. I don't know if the multiplier affects this at all. I always get 100 points for each sample I launch, leaving a maximum of 200 points for each freestyle zone for me.
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kois wrote:
I have more to add to that. This is all that I've noticed that adds to the note streak.

Button presses add to your note streak. Button combos (green + blue, green + red + blue, etc.) all count as one note.

Directional scratching counts as one note. Free scratch sections (I don't know what they're really called) seem to increase the note streak in a rhythmic fashion.

Crossfade movements by themselves count as one note. Crossfade movements in combination with button or scratching counts as two notes.

When the crossfader is at the far left or far right the score increases at a steady pace. The note streak increases by one note per beat.

During free styles zone you get points for the first sample you launch and the possibility of getting points once more if you pick another sample. Launching anymore samples after that doesn't seem to make a difference. I don't know if the multiplier affects this at all. I always get 100 points for each sample I launch, leaving a maximum of 200 points for each freestyle zone for me.
Couldn't have said it better myself

Also, as far as rewinds go, one of my strategies for doing rewinds is to do it on sections where you pass a lot of notes/scratches/crossfade movements, because if you use the rewind, it will bump up your multiplier to 8x (THAT IS if you have a 4x multiplier) and you can then tackle the same notes, only this time with an 8x multiplier
RubiksXepher  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My strategy is as follows:

Rewinds- If you are planning on getting a Full Combo on a song, you should know how many possible rewinds there are from the note count. If the number of notes is 320, that would make it possible to get 5 rewinds and 20 notes of wasted combo. Try to use the rewind as soon as you get it UNLESS you see a cluster of notes directly ahead. Just remember do not go over that 20 note buffer of wasted combo.

Euphoria- After you have rewinded and replayed the section at 8x, Here is your best chance to use the euphoria. Know ahead of time which sections have the most notes that arent inside of a DSP section. Pop the ephoria at a time so that it runs out before you have gotten another rewind. Then your rewind should pop up again soon, use it. You just played the same section twice with 8x.

i see...
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure if its been mentioned here yet? but i have heard that once euphoria is activated the crossfader automatically fades during its usage.

gonna try it out when i jump back on it.

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, when in euphoria crossfading is automatic, this includes spikes. There are 2 ways I've used euphoria. One is exactly like rubiks describes.. do a rewind, then euphoria, then you'll likely have a rewind available. the other way is to use it where I can't do the crossfading, because of lots of spikes or because of other complex things going on at the same time (even more useful if this is in a euphoria section)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell thus far, this game doesn't entail paths so much as simply using rewinds and euphoria when there's no distortion to 8x as much of the song as possible.

I have the same view towards rewinds as everyone else. Drop them like they're hot and hopefully you'll see another soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: