ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Should i get this game?(honestly)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goaliejack  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Should i get this game?(honestly) Reply with quote

i was planning on getting every hero game, but this is my deal with DJ Hero, i do not like rap. like i can listen to it at partys and stuff, but other than that, i can hardly stand it.
anyone else like me thats getting the game??
thanks for any suggestions

Goals:
5 star GH2 [six>:/]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CEEDZ3 PSN Name: CEEDZ3
Prong1978  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Rap/Hip-hop/techno, but I like this game. The music is very cool when I play the game. It's vey rhythmic which is great for a rhythm game.

I would highly recommend trying a demo if you can find one before making such a large purchase though.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing to note is that the rap in this game is pretty different than the rap that is played on the radio nowadays. Dare I say, these are the "classics." I believe as one reviewer put it, all of the songs are a work of a "meticulous musical surgery." It's not rap, it's rap fused with rock, or with pop, or with something else entirely. It's something new. Honestly, everyone who has played this game has enjoyed it, from what I've gathered. The only people who dislike it are the ones that haven't played it yet.

Also, keep in mind that people who made this game are more or less professional music-pickers/mixers/etc. ;) Give them a little credit to not make some atrocious picks or mash-ups. I think it's worth everyone's while to at least check out a demo (although I would hate to base my judgement on some games off of demos, where lag can be so annoying when trying to experience the fun of playing the game).

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
LaserAntigrav  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't mind listening to it at parties then you wont mind the rap that's here. These are indeed classics, and I'm no fan of rap myself, but i really enjoy this game.

Off Topic: DJ Hero/ Juke Box Hero is the best mix i've heard yet.

"The Halo over my demise / Following a God so blind / Shallow in their sickening, swallow not the shit they feed."
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: g3arsofwar0wns PSN Name: sacredring
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i understand your questionning goaliejack, im in the same boat as you, i'll first rent it and see if i like it, im not too sure about the DJ turntable and how i'll handle it, but i'll give it a shot and see if i like it or not. maybe i'll just wait 'til it 59$can to buy it. 110$can is a little too much for me right now.

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone keeps saying how much they don't like rap...

this isn't a rap game. It's a club music game. The source songs hardly matter at all after a dj gets through with them... the dj will make or break the song, not the song itself.

I've put up some youtube vids of JUST the songs (no effects) so if you'd like to hear a sample of the music, check those out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a lot of mash ups between rock, hip hop, rap, techno, and other genres in this game. I didn't consider this a rap game at all, even though i am a huge fan of hip hop and all that.

this game is great. but i dont know how much longer this controller will last.
goaliejack  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for helping guys!!
im still not completely sure about this game yet, i played a song on easy and failed, although thats where i started with GH so... idk

Goals:
5 star GH2 [six>:/]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CEEDZ3 PSN Name: CEEDZ3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: