Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tidus' WoR XVox: Epic songs for epic friends! [GH Vox FSFC]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tidus  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arvain - Thanks man! I've seen what you brought, quality awesomeness. Looking forward to see your new OP as well.

Actually planning my 20th Guitar+Bass+Vocals FC. Will probably be based on a harder Guitar FC of mine...it can be kinda "lol"

I got some new Bass FC's, as well as Guitar reduxes which can be checked on my stats. Feel Good Inc., which is even worse than Fame, and All Along the Watchtower, one of the few songs without open notes on Bass, are G+B+V FC's. I'll work on Jailbreak Vocals if I'm ever able to play on 360.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I wish I was as good at GH vocals as you.

Keep up your nice talent.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosfreak07 - Thank you!

Basically what the title said. With the Guitar and Vocals FC of this, I just had to get Bass. Sightread, only really tricky part was the ending (the one with green and open HOPOs), which can be nailed easily if you're cold-blooded.

There is a few vids that I'll upload. I'll give a shot to the hands vids as well. Just in case, I swear to God that the vid isn't dark on the camera, but it may get dark when it goes to the PC. Is there any way to surpass it?

Gratitude "Solo/Outro" FC, hands view

More coming soon. I need to compress the files first

Edit 2: Another vid of the bunch. Took some tries to get this re-FC but yay!

Gratitude re-FC

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gratitude is loleasy, even moreso than Sabotage. Anyone can do it nowadays. Ah, fuck it.

6 new Bass FC's, I believe I should be much more focused on Bass and on the non-competitive part of Guitar, which looks no fun at all now. This is when a good string of HOPO's would make the difference. Something like Less Talk More Rokk, or something just not that fast. Why can't there be something more like Runnin' Down a Dream's solo, for an example? Most of the game is either a strum mayhem or one of those chordfests.

Well, there they are. Blue Orchid was kinda old, taken from a vid which I forgot to upload. 20th Century Boy had that four green burst on the beginning. From the setlist I picked, I just didn't FC Disconnected. I know I'm capable of it, but I'm really inconsistent at hanging on with 220(?) BPM songs.

More soon. Maybe I can get to 150 overall FC's if I'm lucky enough finding a total of 66 Bass charts without strummy jokes. (46 Guitar FC's plus a total of 38 Vocal FC's - which I'll be stuck into 'til the 360 is fixed equals - equal 84 FC's)

arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY !! What do you have against strum mayhems and chordfests ? I like that !

Haha, seriously good job on Gratitude, it's NOT that easy (i think "no reply" comes from Beastie boys not from you playing loleasy songs). I got it with some indecent luck on my 2nd run, but i don't think i can get the diamond challenge (which requires you to get ALL the purple notes without strumming X___X which i obviously can't do).

Oh and, yes, i think Disconnected is close to 220bpm...Really fast ! Also, i think you can get WAYYYY more than 150 fc ^______^ vocals or not !!
lilirock  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats (a little late!) Tidus on the 100 overall FCs And also on the Gratitude guitar reFC, I'm still behind on that one, the small solo is soooo hard for me I managed to hit it like 3 times only in practice.. no such luck on a run :s So thats a great accomplishment Also, I'm sorry if I don't post here more often (although I'm quite a regular in your thread..), the only reason is my lack of time, and also trying to post/read in other friends threads as well... so don't worry if I don't post after each update you make, I always go back to read everything I might have missed

Also as you probably noticed, I posted in other people threads before yours this weeks just for one reason: I was thinking about maybe posting my 1000th post in here XD I also thought about posting in mine with lots of awesome new accomplishments (), but that would have taken too long >_> And I didn't feel like going through all 98 pages of my thread to write something about everyone

So here it is I know you'll like having my 1000th post here (well hopefully..), and you're one of the coolest, kindest, most incredibly talented members of this community, and a great friend as well, you rock Tidus!

P.S. Don't worry, I don't mind at all not having it in my thread, I actually don't care much about post counts haha ;) I probably won't remember this in a few years when I'll be up to my freebird status

Edit: wow.. that mascot banner looks weird under my username! I'm so used to the previous one XD

tidus wrote: I really thought about you and your sexy calm fretting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PMS lilirock
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you two for the replies, and sorry about the outburst.

Arvain - Hey thanks! Wanna know? On my 1st FC, I had this indecent luck. I saw the solo on my SR, and thought "hey, there is a tough FC to get"...but I didn't expect to get that thing on 2nd try Must really suck to see that the diamond challenge is so hard though. About chordfests and strum mayhems, it was another outburst about the structure of most of the charts. Either they're way too boring, or they're out of my range. But I have nothing against charts like Judith's, for an example.

Lili - Thank you so much! All in all, I knew you would write your 1000th post here. The pieces just fit. Besides seeing you posting on other threads but mine to get up to 999, I was thinking that you wanted to show me something after I wrote my 3000th post on your thread. It's called Gratitude! And that's right! No, seriously, post number stuff and jokes aside, I'm really REALLY honored! You can get Gratitude as well real soon. I just got lucky and only FC'd it once on Training, just for the hands vids. The song is short, you just need some patience, which you're plenty of. You grinded successfully for The Spirit of Radio (Live), and other long and chokable songs like 2 Minutes and Lust for Life. I think it won't be much of a problem for you. Doing an indecent copy, you're one of the coolest, kindest, most incredibly talented members of this community, and a great friend as well, you rock Lili! Happy to see yet even more kindness from you, it's something that shall never get old! Mr. Green

Rushing up the peace the Bass FC's come with is the best way to get closer to 150. I checked the un-sightreaded bass charts on PathHero. Unfortunately, I failed to find enough FCable songs to get to 150 overall FC's, which means that I'll have to count with a little help from Vocals. The fact is that my XBox360 has reportedly been fixed and is back home! However, don't get your hopes up...

...the reason why the 360 broke is the constant usage on a hot room, plus the really hot weather that I'm having to face lately, and not, like they say, my fault for transfering the 360 to another TV situated on a bedroom which had at least a ventilator. 1 single hour isn't, and will NEVER be enough to melt 4 pieces including cooler, and damage the solder. Anyway, why "don't get your hopes up"? Because I'll have to decrease considerably the gaming time, and I won't have the same impulse as before, just like happened before and after the damages on a controller after playing too much GH on it. It's all a matter of mental discourage, ya know.

In the meantime, I got 9 new Bass FC's. Couldn't get more because of the massive nervousness starting to attack me all of a sudden. I received a villain's treatment upon the incident with the 360, and I showed discontentment after taking "coils" for both the previous weekends (the Saturday when I FC'd Under Pressure, but on the moment when I FC'd Deadbolt, and the day when the 360 broke, but on the morning). This discontentment caused offense unlike I expected, and more bullshit happened. Okay, enough with real-life bullshit, let's go to the damn FC's. No G+B+V FC's, but at least I'll need Vocals on some of the songs.

I'll try to play GH5. If that's cool, I may be going after Band Hero and Lego Rock Band real soon. But I'll keep grabbing Bass FC's when possible.

tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No more from now on, I believe.

I had a scarce free time, and could only get one FC of a song I had practiced already. Most annoying on-disk Pumpkings song (not counting DLC because Zero on RB1 is a broken talky armageddon and won't impose any comparison) to sing, hands down. Two near chokes on this run, on both final phrases. Ugh

Also, I got my lazy ass around to upload 2 vids, a Guitar re-FC and a hands vid. Enjoy! (except for the hands vid, where it gets all dark and shitty after going from camera to computer )

Judith Guitar re-FC
Runnin' Down a Dream Full Solo FC, hands view

tidus  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well...

Edit: Got it now. Did an FC run in order to check my consistency, and then I rearranged the stuff so I could get it on vid. The angle isn't optimal, and neither the path nor the 3rd verse performance, but I'll take it.

Runnin' Down a Dream Vocals FC

Also, I threw some speech at the end, explaining the difficulties on the 2nd part, and one of my main points on playing on the Guitar Hero engine, instead of the Rock Band (especially 2) one.

Enjoy!

P.S.: I don't wanna fuck up this thread with a quad post, so I'll wait for a reply that's not mine, patiently.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tried to chase some FC's before and after going to work on this afternoon. After going back to work (and before going to uni), I realized that I wasn't doing the right thing by playing. Couldn't get any FC, and I dealt with several consecutive phonecalls. But, before going to work, I got these two.

Besides the consecutive phrases without spot to breathe, I had to deal with a problem on the choruses: "Is GETTING OUT OF here alive", last phrase of each chorus. Is it just my ears that are THAT terrible, or the bolt part is brutally flat, much lower than expected. Hell, I was missing there EVERY FUCKING TIME! Nearly Lost You was actually very easy 'til the 3 last phrases. I luckily could hit the last one consistently, and I got the FC on 2nd try.

Oh, that *kinda* makes Half-Game FC as well!

With the purpose of trying to persuade eddaket into finally putting Vocals on the Hard Community FSFC project, I got this one, after 5 or 6 post-Ribbity chokes. Under Pressure only took me 2 tries Anyway, this may be an initial step for Expert. I can take this deed as reference and do some adjusts to get into Expert forgiveness zone.

arvain  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mr Patience Tidus, that's some pretty cool video you have right here Running down a dream is kinda fun (lol i still haven't tried this one x) ), and you did good, those short phrases can be tricky =O Can't wait for more vox videos ^__________^
lilirock  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the bass and vox progress, and half-game FC

Also nice job on the Judith reFC and video! I still need to reFC that one with a path... Too bad about your darkness problem though, I could hardly see anything from the RDAD solo I think you'll really need more light to get a decent amount of brightness :/ I don't really see other options.. except maybe increase the brightness of your video once on your computer, but I don't know if that would help... I really hope you can figure that out, 'cause your hands vids would be awesome if we could see your hands very well

I liked the vocals vid too

tidus wrote:
You can get Gratitude as well real soon. The song is short, you just need some patience, which you're plenty of. You grinded successfully for The Spirit of Radio (Live), and other long and chokable songs like 2 Minutes and Lust for Life. I think it won't be much of a problem for you.

Well the problem with Gratitude is that it's very slow and boring until the solo... Songs like that are very difficult for me Of course the solo itself is really hard for me too, more than anything in The Spirit of Radio, 2 Minutes or Lust For Life.. I'm actually serious when I say I might FC NOTDO before this >_>

tidus wrote:
P.S.: I don't wanna fuck up this thread with a quad post, so I'll wait for a reply that's not mine, patiently.

That doesn't sound very patient to me But why don't you just edit your posts when you don't want to double post? If your thread is still on first page at least That's what I'd do if I had the time to update mine every day ;)

tidus wrote: I really thought about you and your sexy calm fretting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PMS lilirock
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arvain - LOL, thanks man! Sometimes I am patient, others I'm not...

Lili - Thanks a lot! Your post has a lot to dig, so I'll reply by parts...

lilirock wrote:
Congrats on the bass and vox progress, and half-game FC

Also nice job on the Judith reFC and video! I still need to reFC that one with a path... Too bad about your darkness problem though, I could hardly see anything from the RDAD solo I think you'll really need more light to get a decent amount of brightness :/ I don't really see other options.. except maybe increase the brightness of your video once on your computer, but I don't know if that would help... I really hope you can figure that out, 'cause your hands vids would be awesome if we could see your hands very well

I liked the vocals vid too

Thanks for the compliments about the non-hands vids. As for the hands vids, I'll have to see what I have to do. On my camera, I can see my hands clearly, do I really don't know what to do.

lilirock wrote:
tidus wrote:
You can get Gratitude as well real soon. The song is short, you just need some patience, which you're plenty of. You grinded successfully for The Spirit of Radio (Live), and other long and chokable songs like 2 Minutes and Lust for Life. I think it won't be much of a problem for you.

Well the problem with Gratitude is that it's very slow and boring until the solo... Songs like that are very difficult for me Of course the solo itself is really hard for me too, more than anything in The Spirit of Radio, 2 Minutes or Lust For Life.. I'm actually serious when I say I might FC NOTDO before this >_>

I thought No One to Depend On solo trills were faster (and maybe longer) than any of the Gratitude's short solo. But I can see your point after all. I remember mentioning on your vid that NOtDO is so much fun outside the strumming...OH MY GOD, this whole situation with Gratitude reminds me of mine with HMWYBS...and I still don't have it But still, it'll all have to wait. Again, I'm really sorry about your 360.

lilirock wrote:
tidus wrote:

That doesn't sound very patient to me But why don't you just edit your posts when you don't want to double post? If your thread is still on first page at least That's what I'd do if I had the time to update mine every day ;)

Why? Because of the profanity? Seriously, I try to keep my updates through different posts, in order to be able to build links for them on my OP, just like I did with my RB thread. That's all.

I finally got around to re-build the OP. It's almost complete. I listed all of the updates from newest (top) to oldest (bottom) like I do on my RB thread, and the OP is much more accessible now with this. Also, I added my GH1, 2, 80's and 3 FC's on my FC list. You can see them with the link I added on the OP.

Friday, the 13th...it was just a day to squeeze an FC or two. Of all the FC's I tried, such as Looks That Kill and Never Miss a Beat...no, I got this one, a few minutes after sightreading it. How it feels good to discover a song with identical verses and easy bridge...

Fun fact: this was the FC #42, and this song fell on #42 on dr00bles' breakdown.

Next plan: this is a weekend dedicated to grind some GH5 Vocal FC's. Won't spend a cent playing on the gamestore, unless it's for a last instance. I got some more spare money, so I'll chase after that Band Hero copy and buy it on the next Tuesday. By buying a game with my own money, I can have a dime at avoiding drama, and the parents won't complain about being forced to use their own wallet to buy a game consisting of Top 40 songs at its part.

tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another update, sorry for the double post, it's all for structure's sake. I want to keep updates on different posts so I can give them links at the OP.

With the building of holes in order to install supports for air conditioners, I couldn't play on this Saturday. Then the 360 was moved to my brother's bedroom, which has one of the air conditioners. Despite it isn't good to sing under air conditioner, it actually reduces A LOT the chances of a warmup on the 360. That's great

And, this may be one of the last GH5 sessions before a break due to me (hopefully) playing Band Hero. Hurts So Good took much longer than the two other FC's. Wolf Like Me was very long overdue though, yay for no chokes at the 3rd verse or Bridge. Oh, and no chokes at You Give Love a Bad Name too. I can expect this song to have at 40~45 phrases on Lego Rock Band, by the way.

More later.

Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.. You DO give love a bad name. >_>

You're doing an awesome job with these vox FCs though. I can play X Vox on the songs I know and know well, but I rarely get FCs of them... So, awesome stuff. But you already knew that.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found Wolf Like Me annoying!

Keep it up! I'm starting to get even further behind!

P.S You should buy a Xboxfanthingie, that you can place at the back of your Xbox. that way you can place it where every you want without singing under Airco.....Mmmm...

Under Airco, pushing down on me, pressing down on you, air from the co.
Under Airco, That puts holes in your house, let's you not play the mic.
On a satuday night.
Um baba de, Um baba de, The air co, The Air co!

It's the terror of knowing, the your box might overheat.
Watching some good friends, screaming A-Airco.
Wait for tomorrow, and sing higher.
Pressure on, vox chords, due a slight breeze.

Da, de, de, dai da.
Da bi de bi da, Airco...

Great I got carried away again.....

Last edited by WhYYZ on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 54 of 92

Jump to: